PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry....

rdaniell
July 16th, 2015, 14:50
...that I contributed to a "time suck" as one member has just described the recent comments regarding the pros and cons of deleting screen shots when responding to a thread.

It seems to me that every once in awhile there just has to be a lot of haggling over different views on any subject here at the Outhouse. That most likely will continue as long as there is an Outhouse. Let's just hope that every body remembers that.

RD

Duckie
July 16th, 2015, 15:23
...:biggrin-new: RD, I'm constantly biting my tongue trying to stay out of those "suck holes". I think I'm at about a 98% success rate! :running:

Steve

patful
July 16th, 2015, 15:27
I almost posted something in that thread, but backed out for good reason. Not only do I have slow DSL, but I also included two images in a quoted reply last week. :biggrin-new: Danged if I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them.

rdaniell
July 16th, 2015, 15:45
...:biggrin-new: RD, I'm constantly biting my tongue trying to stay out of those "suck holes". I think I'm at about a 98% success rate! :running:
Steve

:biggrin-new:Lordy! Duckie your tongue must really be sore :redfire:.

RD

Duckie
July 16th, 2015, 16:43
:biggrin-new:Lordy! Duckie your tongue must really be sore :redfire:.

RD

Oh yeah! I swear there are a couple characters on these forums who lay back in the weeds just waiting for a suck hole opportunity to present itself so they can create their mischief for some poor unsuspecting victim to fall into! :mixed-smiley-010:

trucker17
July 16th, 2015, 19:08
Dont let it bother you Randy.
Their are always people like that everywhere.
SHHHHH......I see them....in the weeds....Time to break out the weed eater..........:very_drunk:

gradyhappyg
July 16th, 2015, 19:23
I am sorry too. As usual I don't have a clue what's going on but I'll take the blame for it. After 30 years of marriage I am used to it. Both being clueless and taking the blame.
:confused:

Jafo
July 16th, 2015, 20:16
I am sorry too. As usual I don't have a clue what's going on but I'll take the blame for it. After 30 years of marriage I am used to it. Both being clueless and taking the blame.
33 years here.....it doesn't get any better...;)

dhasdell
July 16th, 2015, 22:06

33 years here.....it doesn't get any better...;)
39 years here. I'm Spartacus. And Brian. :very_drunk:

Dumonceau
July 16th, 2015, 22:51
"I'm Brian, and so's my wife"!! :biggrin-new:

Johan

donnybalonny
July 17th, 2015, 00:05
YouŽll find "suck holes" on all internet forums and not only flightsim forums.

I fall into them sometimes and I feel stupid every time. What happens is that when I post a suck hole post, it always comes back to me again and I feel that I suck.
It doesnt mean that I dont like critical posting. Thats as important in order to make a forum interesting, but with a distance, please.

rdaniell
July 17th, 2015, 01:14
I am sorry too. As usual I don't have a clue what's going on but I'll take the blame for it. After 30 years of marriage I am used to it. Both being clueless and taking the blame. :confused:

Well gradyhappyg, we just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. I know all too well what you mean :biggrin-new:

RD

dhasdell
July 17th, 2015, 03:35
Johan is not Brian, or his wife. He's just a very naughty boy.

Dumonceau
July 17th, 2015, 03:50
Johan is not Brian, or his wife. He's just a very naughty boy.

It's a quote from "The life of Brian". Couldn't let that pass David!! :biggrin-new:

And thanks for calling me a boy. At an age of nearly half a century, that is a huge compliment! Especially the naughty bit! ;)

Johan

IanP
July 17th, 2015, 06:05
It's a quote from "The life of Brian". Couldn't let that pass David!! :biggrin-new:

And thanks for calling me a boy. At an age of nearly half a century, that is a huge compliment! Especially the naughty bit! ;)

Johan

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

...also a quote from Life of Brian. :a1310:

Now. Anyone seen the Bright Side of Life? I seem to have misplaced it... Maybe the rabbit from Holy Grail ate it? :dizzy:

Ian P.

dhasdell
July 17th, 2015, 06:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Bjoern
July 17th, 2015, 09:40
To be perfectly honest here, the picture thing was just a contributing factor. I just hate seeing the C-47 VC thread bumped with idle stuff like "Ooooh, I've been dreaming about this, I can't wait, this is going to be the best add-on ever, why isn't there any news, oooh, ooooh!".
First: This thing is on my watchlist as well. I like what the team did so far and what they want to do with the cockpit. Although I'm not much of a fan of something slow like a DC-3, I might give it a whirl when it's out. Because it looks really good. Quality modeling, quality texturing, quality everything.
Second: I'm disapponted whe I see the thing bumped with posts having nothing to do with the actual development. If it was an update from the team with new pics and the subsequent reactions or an "Just seen your thread, here's some reference information, because my father/grandfather/dog/cousin works/worked with them." kind of post, it would be fine with me.
Third: I'm jealous. A thread about a work in progress project with glacial progress speed for a plane that has been done before and is even included in MSFS by default generates 452.5 pages and regular bumps with only occasional status reports from the devs themselves. Masses are looking forward to it, while stuff I've made in development marathons goes under within a week or relies on a repainter to stay afloat. Not fair. Not fair at all. Yes, jealousy is a sin (just as impatience is) and I'm that much of a d-bag.

So much for a confession. Don't feel bad if you got sucked into any resulting argument. Anyone up for drinks later?

Danged if I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them.

Click the picture, press "Delete" and all will be well.

donnybalonny
July 17th, 2015, 11:21
Björn
I have an idea for your: Dont follow the DC-3 thread. YouŽre not really interested in it anyways. You just wrote that very clearly.:encouragement:
And then let all the wooooo wau etc persons be enthusiastic. they like it.

rdaniell
July 17th, 2015, 11:22
Bjoern, hit on something that I must confess that I don't :dizzy:understand either. That is why do some threads get lots of responses and some get almost :pop4:none. I suppose that will remain one of life's little mysteries.

RD

Bjoern
July 17th, 2015, 13:41
Donny:
I can not not follow the thread. What if the team posts a development-related question?
But here's a suggestion: Nobody touches the DC-3 thread unless it's one of the developers. Something akin to a demilitarized zone. Demitlitarized of people's labradoodle-ing and my jealousy. Deal?

Randy:
Bug me if I know. I don't even know whether my maintenance tool has ever been tried by anyone because no matter where I've posted about it, the threads went quiet after two posts. I don't get it...
Never mind how strongly I urge to make people read the manual and use their grey matter when releasing something, I won't ever bite off anyone's head for a "Works; thanks".

Jafo
July 17th, 2015, 16:27
To be perfectly honest here, the picture thing was just a contributing factor. I just hate seeing the C-47 VC thread bumped with idle stuff like "Ooooh, I've been dreaming about this, I can't wait, this is going to be the best add-on ever, why isn't there any news, oooh, ooooh!".
First: This thing is on my watchlist as well. I like what the team did so far and what they want to do with the cockpit. Although I'm not much of a fan of something slow like a DC-3, I might give it a whirl when it's out. Because it looks really good. Quality modeling, quality texturing, quality everything.
Second: I'm disapponted whe I see the thing bumped with posts having nothing to do with the actual development. If it was an update from the team with new pics and the subsequent reactions or an "Just seen your thread, here's some reference information, because my father/grandfather/dog/cousin works/worked with them." kind of post, it would be fine with me.
Third: I'm jealous. A thread about a work in progress project with glacial progress speed for a plane that has been done before and is even included in MSFS by default generates 452.5 pages and regular bumps with only occasional status reports from the devs themselves. Masses are looking forward to it, while stuff I've made in development marathons goes under within a week or relies on a repainter to stay afloat. Not fair. Not fair at all. Yes, jealousy is a sin (just as impatience is) and I'm that much of a d-bag.

So much for a confession. Don't feel bad if you got sucked into any resulting argument. Anyone up for drinks later?

Click the picture, press "Delete" and all will be well.

Us repainters have to be good for something...;)

donnybalonny
July 18th, 2015, 02:18
Donny:
I can not not follow the thread. What if the team posts a development-related question?

Ok, understandablel. Then I have another suggestion: Dont reply, only red untill thereŽs something thats actually interesting for you. This way 2 things will happen:
1) youŽll save a lot of time and get less frustrated
2)ThereŽll be lees off-topic in the thread.

Bjoern
July 18th, 2015, 15:35
Paul:
Everything you guys paint, I don't have to paint. So thanks for that. (This saves time which can be spent on online arguments. Great tradeoff!) :D

Donny:
"Don't reply" and "less offtopic" also goes both ways.

rdaniell
July 18th, 2015, 15:52
Hey guys, I've got to tell you'll that this thread has provided me with some comic relief. I can't remember a thread that I've started that has garnered as many responses. I hope everyone else has seen the irony behind this post. I'll now go back to my little corner of the FSX world and work on a scenery project. Bye.....

RD:biggrin-new:

Paul Domingue
July 18th, 2015, 17:33
Oh brother I commiserate. As Red Green used to say "We're all in this together."

To be perfectly honest........
For those who don't know, Bjoern is just a computer aka Deep Thought and a cross between Mr. Spock and Don Rickles.

Bjoern
July 19th, 2015, 10:06
For those who don't know, Bjoern is just a computer aka Deep Thought and a cross between Mr. Spock and Don Rickles.

My derogatory term for dogs should have made it clear that I'm just a cat with internet access. Extremely smart, but less than compassionate. Except when there's food.

Canelo
November 1st, 2015, 08:55
I wish someone would tell me how to get my foot out of my mouth! it's been stuck there for 58 years. Makes it hard to eat.........

Stefano Zibell
November 1st, 2015, 13:04
Bjoern, I dig your stuff.

737 is great, and it has an easy to use paintkit. L-39 is a frequent choice here, and I'm just waiting to get a few planes before I try maintenance & income.