PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels, this past weekend.

Navy Chief
July 13th, 2015, 16:47
I did not take this video. It was posted on Facebook today. Interesting low pass!

My wife and I don't go to the airshows here in Pensacola, because of the horrible traffic and crowds, but it's cool to watch the Blues practice at the base.

http://youtu.be/_ba2wWgc8cU

Lane Street
July 13th, 2015, 18:17
I wonder if those people would be laughing so hard if one of those popups landed on one of their kids.

cheers,
Lane

WND
July 14th, 2015, 01:56
My question is this:

Where is the F.A.A. monitor for this show and what is his reaction to that pass ?? (The high speed / low altitude / over the crowd one)

If that was a 'civilian' act making that pass, they would meet him at his airplane when he / she landed and hang their ass out to dry !!!

Bill

JohnGG
July 14th, 2015, 04:04
Great video, Navy Chief. The High Alpha and the Sneak Pass, shown in this video, are always fun to watch. I go to several of the Blue's practices each year and the homecoming show in November if they have a good number of military aircraft performing. Never even thought about battling the crowds at Pensacola Beach for that show.

Navy Chief
July 16th, 2015, 07:49
Just read the estimate of the crowd size for the air show at Pensacola Beach last weekend: over 200 thousand!!

My response?

"Ain't no way......"

My wife and I were actually in downtown Pensacola that day, at the Pensacola Bay Brewery. Downtown traffic was extremely light because everyone was over at the beach. It was nice, for once, to drive around with zero problems!!! NC