PDA

View Full Version : Weird bug in the Zero

dasuto247
July 8th, 2015, 21:15
Noticed this a few times, using the OH A6M2 Zero.An AI Zero is downed and is intially counted as shot down but then does not crash, it stays airborne, constantly firing, meaning tracers firing out nonstop, if it gets on your tail its like the top ACE.Can shoot them down and a message will appear saying you shot down so and so but will not give credit, since it has already counted as shot down, basically its some bug, seen this multiple times with only the OH A6M2.Any ideas what causes this? Fix? Anyone else had this happen?

Allen
July 8th, 2015, 21:32
That can't be. Once it is shot down it gose balck on the radar and will fall.

dasuto247
July 9th, 2015, 01:19
That can't be. Once it is shot down it gose balck on the radar and will fall.

Seen it multiple times now, can clearly pick it out as its only plane with a CONSTANT stream of tracers shooting into air, even if not target is in front of it. Had get on me a few times, 9/10 times it will shoot me down no matter what, it becomes super plane.

Fibber
July 13th, 2015, 16:33
...that the a\c is cloning itself? Go to the .dp file and take a look at the "effects" section. Here is what some others had to offer in the past;
Mercure sez:
To stop the cloning open with wordpad the .DP file of the considered plane and remove in the EFFECTS.X the last figure in the last effect.x line, when it appears to be one at the end of the line, between two coma.
Then do not forget to delete the .cdp file

Jaxon sez:
The key is indeed in the *.dp file.
Your plane is probably not a stock one.
But the *.dp file is based on one of the stockers.
In there it looks like this:
[EFFECTS.25]
; System = Rudder
effect.0=95,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_s,
effect.1=100,BREAK,12,

I once had a problem similar to yours where I would shoot a plane and it would fall, but another would then be in its' place. Did what was suggested and it plane solved it.:biggrin-new: (Couldn't resist the pun!)

dasuto247
July 13th, 2015, 18:10
...that the a\c is cloning itself? Go to the .dp file and take a look at the "effects" section. Here is what some others had to offer in the past;
Mercure sez:
To stop the cloning open with wordpad the .DP file of the considered plane and remove in the EFFECTS.X the last figure in the last effect.x line, when it appears to be one at the end of the line, between two coma.

Jaxon sez:
[EFFECTS.25]
; System = Rudder
effect.1=100,BREAK,12,

I once had a problem similar to yours where I would shoot a plane and it would fall, but another would then be in its' place. Did what was suggested and it plane solved it.:biggrin-new: (Couldn't resist the pun!)

Thanks, I will try it out.Plane is the OH A6M2 by B24guy so yes based on stock DP.

dasuto247
July 19th, 2015, 20:45
Mercure sez:

Jaxon sez:
[EFFECTS.25]
; System = Rudder
effect.1=100,BREAK,12,

Using the OH A6M2 by B24 guy.I am still not 100% what to do.I attached the DP below

Allen
July 19th, 2015, 22:50
Fibber

From my testing the Rudder and Elevators can have break with numbers. The numbers below will cause them to change to the damage texture with aircraft that use damage texture logic. I think at one time CFS2 was going to make more use of damage texture logic more but is seem to have been scraped. The Rudder and Elevators seem to work just fine with the right numbers in the DP. Some of the stock aircraft DPs seem to still use the starboard elevator number but it is applied to the rudder as shown in the code you posted.

Port elevator
in .DP file
effect.#=100,BREAK,11,
In DPED
Pram1 box put 11

Starboard elevator
in .DP file
effect.#=100,BREAK,12,
In DPED
Pram1 box put 12

Rudder
in .DP file
effect.#=100,BREAK,13,
In DPED
Pram1 box put 13

Fibber
July 20th, 2015, 05:08
...I just posted what the instructions I was given when I had the same problem awhile back with some missions. It seemed I was flaming the same plane ad-infinum and it was not limited to just the Zero! I removed the numbers in the affected planes and the problem(s) ceased. That is why I did include, as references, the instructions of the others. Now as to what "effects" controls what part I don't know.

Allen
July 20th, 2015, 14:03
It could be that the Rudder and Elevators damage code was messed up when it was SCASM edited by TheB24Guy.

EDIT:
Not related to the Rudder and Elevators break numbers. Usung them works fine with the model.

EDIT2:

Another things is that it could be away to ID what part is causing the clone plane to fall by using [CHEATS] with in the main folder's CFS2.cfg.

Drop the below into your CFS2.cfg and change damagemsgs=0 to damagemsgs=1 This will show you what part of the plane you have shot.

[CHEATS]
bomb_trainer=0
free_warp=0
ALLOW_SLEW=0
damagemsgs=0
oneshot_kill=0