PDA

View Full Version : Linda, can you use it to remap saitek's default commands

Blackey Cole
July 6th, 2015, 01:12
I wanted to use Linda for two things to remap some of my Saitek switches and controls and to map out the controls on the VRInsight ProPit when I reding or design a panel for unsupported aircraft which are most.

I had had a bunch of Saitek panels then bought the ProPit and both panel design studio software packages.

My my idea was to build my simpit using the ProPit for instrumentations and the Saitek plus dyi panels for controls. I want to be able to start dark and cold fly and shutdown to dark and cold and never touch a keyboard or mouse. And that's using ms atc options.

Im just not big into online gaming.

i have the boards to connect the switches and rotary encoders to. I bought a couple of project boxes but I think I'm going with a lex an or metal with lex an covering for my panels. Do to lack of location to mount tq and trim wheel with my current pro wheel stand setup. The yoke and rudder peddles are mounted fine I even have my other panels attached to the yoke. The bip sits on top the two radio panels are to the right of it and down beside the yoke the multi panel and switch panel are on the left. Works nice.

Back ca to the other panels and tq/trim wheel. I'm thinking of building a center console to mount everything to nothing fancy something about the correct height for the tq and switches ahead of and beside it.

my simpit will be used to control everything from a j-3 cob , to a beaver, those are almost covered now. All AC controls are covered still got atc and GPS to cover on those. Next will be to be able to operate the controls on the twin otter extended, one of my favorites. After that I'll be adding in the c-27, c-17,c-5,c141 and c-130 from capt sim. When I get my cargo craft built I'll switch to rotor heads. Meeting me a hall sensor cyclic, collective and at pedals. Then the controls for them. You got to have goals.

right now I'm running Fsx off my laptop very well, adding a Matrox box next week when it gets here, if needed I have an equal laptop for sharing the load for the displays if needed. I'll eventually rebuild a desktop with new motherboard and CPU since mine appears to be dead. I tried replacing the PSU. But it showed no sign of life. I hope to salvage the ram. I have a nice EVGA video card that will allow the Matrox box to be used elsewhere. I'll stock up on so large cap ssds and 2tb hdds to be able to have one SSD for the OS, one for Fsx, then four hdds in an array for library use. I have three nas's for none immediate library use. One is my iTunes library with all my music and movies, another is used to store all my photos the last is a general library NAS for apps and dox. The iTunes is a two disc synology unit the photo NAS is a buffalo and the general is a netgear old stora unit. The buffalo uses four hdds the rest just two plus I have a three TB apple time machine for desktop backups and other backups. Each NAS has at least one wed external drive to back it up. All told I'm in the neighborhood of 30 TB storage not including the drives in the pcs.

any help with the ProPit would be greatly appreciated since it is hard to find any support for it for supporting additional aircraft not in the basic setup. Which Boyle down to the c172 for the Fsx.

henrystreet
July 6th, 2015, 04:01
Check out this youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/keysounddotcom

Blackey Cole
July 7th, 2015, 02:17
sir I've very much aware of marks cockpit. He has done a wonderful job on it. It is the reason for some of my goals with my own setup. But as far as I remember he doesn't have a single comment on the ProPit.

so why did you refer me to his you tube channel? I've had several messages with mark. He has provided me with files he used for creating his custom panel layouts. I bought his book etc.

i was looking for assistance with one item in particular the ProPit. I can understand the lack of interest in these item as duo is almost nonexistent, especially if you want more out it than it comes with. From my reading of the manual(s) there isn't mentioned what or how to add the panel to an aircraft other than the default one. I find that very shortsighted. Also, most things in the flt sim community has a forum to go to for help on the item not these items. Knowing what I know now I would have never got interested in it but I did so I'll have to adapt it to my needs one way or the other.

without it I could have used an existing monitor to show the instrument panel of my choice but I want to reach over turn a knob and the needle of the gauge moves or click a button on the GPS and it responds.

ive got a way to use the monitor behind the facade and show thee instruments in any of the aircraft I fly using either of the panel design apps, I've yet to get the controls( switches and knobs) on it to work even when using it per the directions I beleive it has to do with not installing the serial 2 app correctly. I've haven't seen it show up under Linda so I can do the assignments there either.

henrystreet
July 7th, 2015, 03:53
I used LINDA for approximately 2.5 years to control my joystick assignments, do LVAR capture and write LUA scripts, so pretty familiar with how it works but I have no experience with ProPit. I referred you to Mark because of his extensive use of Bodnar controllers and USB.

Good luck with your project.

MarkH
July 7th, 2015, 04:31
At the end of the day, if the ProPit is what it looks like - a screen behind a cutout, with a nice bunch of encoders and buttons built in - you could connect the encoders and buttons to a Bodnar board and make the panel with Panel Builder or Air Manager gauges. Obviously a technique of last resort and you will still have problems with gauges for many third-party aircraft.

Blackey Cole
July 7th, 2015, 20:25
The problem with the controllers are they are wired into the ProPit and it uses a USB and vega cables to connect to the computer.

MarkH
July 7th, 2015, 22:31
The problem with the controllers are they are wired into the ProPit and it uses a USB and vega cables to connect to the computer.

That's why it's a 'last resort'! You shouldn't need to do anything to the VGA cable but I am presuming you can get at the wiring for the individual components somehow, in which case whatever the USB cable comes out of can be bypassed. The main issue you will have is that the wires might be very skinny and difficult to work with, like the ones inside of the Saitek panels.

On the other hand, have you checked if the ProPit appears as a game controller device in the Windows Control Panel? If it does, you may just be able to address it directly with LINDA and FSUIPC. That's only for the buttons and switches, of course, not the gauges.