PDA

View Full Version : MV F-4E Phantom II Released!

Pages : [1] 2

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 09:21
Hi,

It is with the greatest pleasure that I announce the release of the MV F-4E Phantom II. This product is definitely our best yet and contains unprecedented flight dynamics (they will shift the planes capabilities depending on wieght, drag, thrust, attitude, altitude and AOA). as well as stall behaviours not seen in any aircraft on the market today.

Along with our amazing night lighting tech (fully operational and allows for ANY lighting combination on the fly), a full on loadout manager and ACM for controlling your buttons, switches and levers, we are pleased to announce that, yes, this one WILL work with FSX Steam!

Colin and I would like to take a moment to thank all members of our beta and development team as well as Dmitriy and Jenya, without whom none of this would have been possible: THANK YOU!

Now, please, go and get it before the price goes up... It will do that any time between now and trmw. Unsure as to exactly when.

http://milviz.com/flight/products/F4E/

Thank you.

Kat.

Dumonceau
July 4th, 2015, 09:37
I finally got to upgrade to the P3D v2.5 version. Still awaiting the email, but I do hope that this will work!

Johan

YoYo
July 4th, 2015, 10:14
Crg! :applause: It was a long, long way.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlbibtAlLxE

Btw. as I remember model will receive TacPack module. Is it in plan still?

Wingmate
July 4th, 2015, 10:58
Why must there be so many awesome things like this that just beg me to spend money? Anyways I can't wait to fly it.

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 11:07
Hi,

Tacpack integration is being worked on at the moment and will be released as a separate product when it's ready.

The F-4S is in production and should be ready before Xmas.

Shared cockpit pit in the F-4E is not quite ready and will be released as a hotfix. As well, there seems to be an issue with the trim that we missed. This will also be in the hotfix. That will go out this coming week.

Thank you.

Kat.

dhazelgrove
July 4th, 2015, 11:09
It's amazing, and includes the promised F-4J (external only) model.
Most of Zsolt's many paints don't seem to have made the installer, though.

Dave

andrea6811
July 4th, 2015, 11:26
Hi,

It is with the greatest pleasure that I announce the release of the MV F-4E Phantom II. This product is definitely our best yet and contains unprecedented flight dynamics (they will shift the planes capabilities depending on wieght, drag, thrust, attitude, altitude and AOA). as well as stall behaviours not seen in any aircraft on the market today.

Along with our amazing night lighting tech (fully operational and allows for ANY lighting combination on the fly), a full on loadout manager and ACM for controlling your buttons, switches and levers, we are pleased to announce that, yes, this one WILL work with FSX Steam!

Colin and I would like to take a moment to thank all members of our beta and development team as well as Dmitriy and Jenya, without whom none of this would have been possible: THANK YOU!

Now, please, go and get it before the price goes up... It will do that any time between now and trmw. Unsure as to exactly when.

http://milviz.com/flight/products/F4E/

Thank you.

Kat.

Tried it on FSX classic and it works fine. In FSX steam edition CTD.

There will be a patch or a fix for this?

Thank you

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 11:37
Hi,

i have just been informed that FSX Steam and the newest version of P3Dv2.5 will not function at this time but we will release a hotfix for this as well.

Many apologies and we will be putting out the hotfix for this tmrw or the next day.

Thank you.

Kat.

andrea6811
July 4th, 2015, 11:46
Hi,

i have just been informed that FSX Steam and the newest version of P3Dv2.5 will not function at this time but we will release a hotfix for this as well.

Many apologies and we will be putting out the hotfix for this tmrw or the next day.

Thank you.

Kat.

Many tks Kat .

Andrea

WarHorse47
July 4th, 2015, 11:53
Got it this morning and installed in FSX. Kept getting CTD on startup regardless of model or startup sequence. Had to uninstall and reinstall beta version for now.

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 12:28
Hi Warhorse,

We are aware of your issue and Jon is going to work with you on this.

Thank you.

Kat.

dvj
July 4th, 2015, 13:02
When will those of us with the beta be notified? Should we expect an email, or is there a log-in someplace? Thanks, really looking forward to the final product.

d

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 13:08
Hi,

You should already have an email. If you do not, then please contact Colin or myself by email. You should have that mail from the last download set.

Thank you.

Kat.

Daveroo
July 4th, 2015, 13:12
win vista and 7 only...? not tested in other OS versions...?...whats up with this?

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 13:50
Hi,

We do not support windows 8.1 at this time due to the issues we've had with permissions. It usually works but not always and that is why.

Once windows 10 comes out and is stable, we will support that.

Thank you.

Kat.

Scandinavian
July 4th, 2015, 14:34
It never fails. Whenever I go away from home for a week or two, one of the releases I am waiting for is released.
Bought and downloaded and ready to install once I get home to my FSX computer. :D

Hopefully it's going to be phabulous.

DagR
July 4th, 2015, 14:44
How's the FPS compared to, say, the F-14X?

Best regards
Dag

Ian Warren
July 4th, 2015, 15:01
How's the FPS compared to, say, the F-14X?

Both are as good regard to FPS, and both complement each other .. just Brilliant and looking forward to all the paints incoming :encouragement:

stovall
July 4th, 2015, 15:12
My repaints of the F4J seem to work perfectly in the final release of this beauty. Here is the VF-51 off the Coral Sea.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Milviz%20F-4J%20VF-51%20Coral%20Sea_zpsi4sk8nun.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Milviz%20F-4J%20VF-51%20Coral%20Sea_zpsi4sk8nun.jpg.html)

Ian Warren
July 4th, 2015, 15:19
That looks superb Tom , something about the Phantom , those 1960s and 1970s paints on such a pretty aircraft :adoration:

dvj
July 4th, 2015, 15:23
Hi,

You should already have an email. If you do not, then please contact Colin or myself by email. You should have that mail from the last download set.

Thank you.

Kat.

Just did that. Thanks!

Daveroo
July 4th, 2015, 16:14
Hi,

We do not support windows 8.1 at this time due to the issues we've had with permissions. It usually works but not always and that is why.

Once windows 10 comes out and is stable, we will support that.

Thank you.

Kat.

Thank you Kat...this helps my finances..but you birds in the sky look out..soon as 10 is set up...i be scootin around in this mean machine!!!

Boomer
July 4th, 2015, 16:43
Congrats gentlemen, it is a beautiful model!

Is the paint kit going to be released as well?

Thanks for a top notch Phabulous Phantom! This fills a hole in FSX long overdue to be filled.

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 16:49
Hi,

The roll rate is correct according to the 4 different F-4 pilots who tested the aircraft.

Paint kit will released shortly.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveSHQ
July 4th, 2015, 17:03
CTD for me as well. Windows 7 Pro.

I can view in preview then make it into cockpit with gray blur then it CTDs

Katoun
July 4th, 2015, 17:48
Hi,

if if you are running FSX Steam or P3D 2.5, this is a known issue that will be fixed soon.

If not, please get on the forums.

Thank you.

Kat.

Boomer
July 4th, 2015, 19:51
The F-4J is a deliciously challenging aircraft to trap! I had 3 waveoffs in a row followed by a bolter before I was able to catch the 4 wire. I am looking forward to mastering this plane!

A glaring oversight for we Naval aviation buffs was a lack of a provision for using the catapults. I small amount of experimentation gave me a very serviceable starting point.

Place the following in your aircraft.cfg

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot= 17, 0.000, -5
launch_bar_lug= 19, 0.000, -7

the nose strut squats more than it should on release but you will still get a beautiful launch with full flaps & burner. I will revise these numbers soon but right now that 3 wire is vexing me & must be put in its place! :banghead:

Dumonceau
July 5th, 2015, 00:48
And this is what she looks like in P3D v2.5

http://s14.postimg.org/nq69z8wzl/F_4_J_low_viz.jpg

Magnificent!

Johan

Dumonceau
July 5th, 2015, 01:35
Now what I would like to have is a low viz Vf-74 repaint of this beauty!!:jump:

Johan

Ian Warren
July 5th, 2015, 03:03
Johan :encouragement: you went exactly were I went to test it out - Edwards .. , still re-installing many bits of FSX after it did a Funky Chicken over the last week .. this morning, this was the first thing installed ... could not have timed it better .. something about the Phantom

Dumonceau
July 5th, 2015, 03:46
Johan :encouragement: you went exactly were I went to test it out - Edwards .. , still re-installing many bits of FSX after it did a Funky Chicken over the last week .. this morning, this was the first thing installed ... could not have timed it better .. something about the Phantom

Of course! Testing should happen at Edwards AFB! ;)

The P3D rendition of the base is particularly nice IMHO!

Cheers,

Johan

YoYo
July 5th, 2015, 04:34
Amazing model of Legendary Phantom and very FPS friendly! :applause:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_3_zpshcr2paj6.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_1_zpshrff1m98.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_2_zpsgf2ixju5.jpg~original

dhazelgrove
July 5th, 2015, 05:54
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/dhazelgrove/Z1_26.jpg~original

Dave

ZsoltB
July 5th, 2015, 06:51
Nice,but Aim-9 brown not white

http://kepkezelo.com/images/euc0ywan26fed1dkx9c3.jpg

pr945b
July 5th, 2015, 06:58

I can confirm it. :(

findus
July 5th, 2015, 07:02
It's a phabolous and FPS friendly model of this legendary aircraft. Congratulations to the developers!

Stickshaker
July 5th, 2015, 07:09
It's a phabolous and FPS friendly model of this legendary aircraft. Congratulations to the developers!

I totally agree! A work of art!

DaveSHQ
July 5th, 2015, 07:28
Hi,

if if you are running FSX Steam or P3D 2.5, this is a known issue that will be fixed soon.

If not, please get on the forums.

Thank you.

Kat.

Boxed version of FSX Acceleration, although i do have the STEAM version also. I only use boxed as of right now. No support forums for F-4 that i can see just the General.

Dumonceau
July 5th, 2015, 07:42

Zsolt,

Do they come out brown with every model/paint, or just that one?

Johan

ZsoltB
July 5th, 2015, 07:44
Zsolt,

Do they come out brown with every model/paint, or just that one?

Johan

Hi Johan,

All!

Zsolt

dvj
July 5th, 2015, 08:38
Got it - thanks Milviz! Running Win 7 pro on my gaming pc. all control surfaces locked, no tilt movement in interior or exterior views. Lots of textures in the folder, but only 11 in the config file. Very strange. I'll go to the support pages. Rolling back now to the previous version.

dvj
July 5th, 2015, 08:56
Got it - thanks Milviz! Running Win 7 pro on my gaming pc. all control surfaces locked, no tilt movement in interior or exterior views. Lots of textures in the folder, but only 11 in the config file. Very strange. I'll go to the support pages. Rolling back now to the previous version.

Stickshaker
July 5th, 2015, 09:06
dvj, did you uninstall the previous version?

joe bob
July 5th, 2015, 09:23
what is the best way to uninstall the previous one?
I don't see it in my control panel/programs

Lawman
July 5th, 2015, 09:26
what is the best way to uninstall the previous one?
I don't see it in my control panel/programs

Rerun the installer. At the bottom of the screen you can tick the uninstall box. Make sure you select the correct sim.

joe bob
July 5th, 2015, 09:33
Thanks Lawman

Naruto-kun
July 5th, 2015, 09:41
Just an FYI for P3D v2 users who hang out here....the F-4 will only work with v2.5.12945/12946. If your version is earlier please upgrade or you will get CTDs.

ZsoltB
July 5th, 2015, 10:10
http://kepkezelo.com/images/eg5ds1w0c2vmkhl36088.jpg
http://kepkezelo.com/images/mbd50wx7rzfxd36rminx.jpg

dvj
July 5th, 2015, 10:12
dvj, did you uninstall the previous version?

yes! Anti-virus off during download and install too.
Previous version vA1.141212 re-installed, works just fine.
uninstalled vA1.14....., reinstalled vA1.150704, no joy.
Running FSX Accel with Win 7 Pro.

Oh well.

I've posted to Milviz support.

morpheusfz
July 5th, 2015, 10:46
what Version Number is the Release Version?

I get no E-Mail from Mivliz

Cees Donker
July 5th, 2015, 11:31
Fifty bucks and the price will go up? I'll pass.

:dizzy:

Cees

YoYo
July 5th, 2015, 11:31
what Version Number is the Release Version?

I get no E-Mail from Mivliz

1.150704v.

DaveB
July 5th, 2015, 11:43

Cees

I think it's gone up Cees. I checked the price straight after Kat posted and it was shown at $39.99. I wondered then what the final price would be and it appears to be $50.. all but a cent! A bit rich for me but I don't want this version anyway thank goodness.
ATB
DaveB:)

Wingmate
July 5th, 2015, 12:34
I saw this VF-142 paint (http://www.gunnarvm.com/F4J/c.jpg) while browsing this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?85190-Milviz-F-4E-Phantom-II does anyone know where I can download it?

Thanks

dvj
July 5th, 2015, 12:35
1.150704v.

When any of you installed the latest version, did you get the Milviz ACM added to your desktop? I did not. In fact, I don't have it at all.

d

Wingmate
July 5th, 2015, 12:40
For me the ACM is located in a folder named Milviz/F4E in my FSX folder. It never put a shortcut on my desktop.

UnknownGuest12
July 5th, 2015, 17:18

Cees

Beautifull work, but same here...

Katoun
July 5th, 2015, 17:42
Hi

The price is 49.99 and will not go up from there. It's a fair price given two plus years of work.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveSHQ
July 5th, 2015, 20:14
Considering not everyone is a jet jockey in FSX it's fair.

Flyboy208
July 5th, 2015, 21:07
And this is what she looks like in P3D v2.5

http://s14.postimg.org/nq69z8wzl/F_4_J_low_viz.jpg

Magnificent!

Johan

Go CAG 30 !!! Mike :applause:

YoYo
July 6th, 2015, 00:29
Considering not everyone is a jet jockey in FSX it's fair.

In pre-order period + 2 days after the price was on the level 39,99$ for FSX or P3D. It isn't a cheap, agree but 40-50$ for advanced and realistic model of military jet or big liner is acceptable I think. It isn't only nice looking 3D model + simply avionics systems and FM in this case.

expat
July 6th, 2015, 01:24
Web site suggests only F-4E model. Where is the USN J model coming from?

Katoun
July 6th, 2015, 01:29
Hi,

The F-4J external only mdl is included in the package but is totally unsupported.

This is the reason it is not mentioned.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveB
July 6th, 2015, 01:42
Hmm.. I might have nipped in at the $39.99 price point had I known that. Never mind.. one thing I DO have is time:encouragement:

ATB

Chris Sykes
July 6th, 2015, 02:28
Hmm.. I might have nipped in at the $39.99 price point had I known that. Never mind.. one thing I DO have is time:encouragement:

ATB

Plus extra for a Tacpack add-on think ill wait until there's a sale on somewhere... Its a nice looking model and I do want it but spent too much recently with the JF Tonka and the Mrs birthday. Secondly I also would like the Razbam A-7, anything modern with Tacpack is near enough a guarantied purchase for me.

harrybasset
July 6th, 2015, 05:21

ATB

To be fair, in the very first post Katoun did warn us the price would go up quickly.

DaveB
July 6th, 2015, 05:37
To be fair, in the very first post Katoun did warn us the price would go up quickly.

That's not in dispute mate. Seems there were a few of us here that weren't really interested in the 'E' so didn't keep our digits on the pulse with what else might be in the release package.. eg.. the 'J' (albeit with the E panel). I don't have TacPac so that doesn't bother me but I might have been swayed to leap in just to get the J. Kat did say in this thread that the J isn't supported so wasn't/isn't mentioned so I guess it's a sort of 'Easter Egg' for those who were committed enough to go for the E;)
ATB

stovall
July 6th, 2015, 05:45
The Milviz F-4E package is for me one of my favorites. This is especially true because they included the F-4J model with the release. Two aircraft in one package. When the beta models came out at the reduced price I got the chance to paint both the E and J models. Naval aviation has always been one of my interests so I concentrated on the J model. More of my paints will be posted here at SOH as time goes on. I just have to package them up for release.

Knowing the time and resourses it took to produce this great aircraft the price definitely seems quite fair. I especially appreciate the offer to participate in the beta program at a lessor price. Thanks Milviz for the F-4 Phantom II.

dvj
July 6th, 2015, 07:05
The problem with my lack of flight controls has been solved. The latest version requires a controller and cannot be ran from a keyboard. So this eliminates using this sim on my gaming notebook unless I also drag along the controller. Back to a dedicated controller on the desktop.

I missed the keyboard reference somehow....Sorry but this bird requires a controller. You can use trim commands in FSX (or assign in the ACM) and you will get slight, very slow stick movements from the trim motors but no direct keyboard control due to the nature of the flight control systems in this bird.

How and why this changed from the previous beta versions has me scratching my head, but I understand this is what people want for mil jets.

Milviz should update the system requirements statement on their web sales page, because I see no such controller - stick or yoke requirement. All previous versions worked with the keyboard. Yep, user error!

d

n4gix
July 6th, 2015, 07:13
Boxed version of FSX Acceleration, although i do have the STEAM version also. I only use boxed as of right now. No support forums for F-4 that i can see just the General.
Did you miss this instruction on the installer's background screenshot?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24878&stc=1

Naruto-kun
July 6th, 2015, 07:16
One simply does not operate a highly complex military jet in FSX without a controller lol. Its been a basic assumption of ours since the F-15E. The previous beta versions worked because the flight control system was far from complete back then. With such an assumption its not hard to miss the word "keyboard"....

dvj
July 6th, 2015, 08:42
One simply does not operate a highly complex military jet in FSX without a controller lol. Its been a basic assumption of ours since the F-15E. The previous beta versions worked because the flight control system was far from complete back then. With such an assumption its not hard to miss the word "keyboard"....

Oh I understand that. As I often use a gaming notebook for FSX (HP Omen), I just use the keyboard when I am traveling and when demonstrating products. Oh well, silly me. Funny, I fly your F-15E, F86, Stuka, T-38 and P-38 just fine without a controller. At the least put the controller as a requirement on the purchase page. That was my point.

Dumonceau
July 6th, 2015, 08:46
The Milviz F-4E package is for me one of my favorites. This is especially true because they included the F-4J model with the release. Two aircraft in one package. When the beta models came out at the reduced price I got the chance to paint both the E and J models. Naval aviation has always been one of my interests so I concentrated on the J model. More of my paints will be posted here at SOH as time goes on. I just have to package them up for release.

Knowing the time and resourses it took to produce this great aircraft the price definitely seems quite fair. I especially appreciate the offer to participate in the beta program at a lessor price. Thanks Milviz for the F-4 Phantom II.

Agreed 150%! I got to upgrade to the dual installer for just 15€! That is a bargain!

It looks great and flies like a Phantom: America's proof to the world that even a brick will fly with a big enough engine!! :D

Johan

dhazelgrove
July 6th, 2015, 08:58
Don't get Crusader jocks started on that!!

Dave

joe bob
July 6th, 2015, 09:22
+1
I know there are some companies that will inflate the price if they release an aircraft that is very popular in the real world,
This isn't one of them though, there is a lot of substance here that takes a lot of man hours to produce.
I think it was an ambitious undertaking, one that inches Flight Sim forward like so many good products do.
That added detail is important to some and to others it isn't.
I consider this one worth saving up for, it is going to be around a while.

DaveSHQ
July 6th, 2015, 09:40
Did you miss this instruction on the installer's background screenshot?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24878&stc=1

iam registered with same name as here since I also have the F-15, Bell 407 and T-38.

Naruto-kun
July 6th, 2015, 10:11
Need to email for every addon purchased so we can let only valid customers through. Just standard order of procedure.

Naruto-kun
July 6th, 2015, 10:25
Promo video is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTpLdYqOFHU

YoYo
July 6th, 2015, 10:30
Promo video is up.

[video=youtube;JTpLdYqOFHU]

Nice video! THX :applause:

The real one:

http://images66.fotosik.pl/1025/531eebbb0914ad49.jpg

Btw. I was in Turkey on holiday some years ago and saw this bird (in this camuflage) in the air on 400-500m. Amazing view! :D

YoYo
July 6th, 2015, 14:28
INS tutorial:

http://youtu.be/eHDi-RXT8AI

odourboy
July 6th, 2015, 14:30
The F-4J is a deliciously challenging aircraft to trap! I had 3 waveoffs in a row followed by a bolter before I was able to catch the 4 wire. I am looking forward to mastering this plane!

A glaring oversight for we Naval aviation buffs was a lack of a provision for using the catapults. I small amount of experimentation gave me a very serviceable starting point.

Place the following in your aircraft.cfg

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot= 17, 0.000, -5
launch_bar_lug= 19, 0.000, -7

the nose strut squats more than it should on release but you will still get a beautiful launch with full flaps & burner. I will revise these numbers soon but right now that 3 wire is vexing me & must be put in its place! :banghead:

Works like a charm! Thanks for the tip Bob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2e2VGYSU-g

Lee Mumbower
July 6th, 2015, 18:39
I just read all the pros and cons about the Phantom, here is what I have. I have a good computer with a 42inch screen I spend all my night time on FSX, and could not wait for the final Milviz Phantom, but it will not work with my Windows 8. It will start up and fly but when I try to change to a different texture it crashes my FSX, also the ACM will only let me set speed brakes, windows 8 again? I have installed several times same thing. I tried to purchase a new computer in Windows 7 but all stores looked at me like I was crazy, saying dont you know they dont make Windows 7 anymore? I did save Bata #2 and it works in Windows 8 and it is worth the money I spent on the Phantom, hope they do get it to work in Windows 8, I do like this Phantom I think it is great I just wish they had made it to work in Windows 8. I like it so much I would pay 100.00 dollars to any one who could get it to work in Windows 8 Also in the install I did not get the F4J, it that also because I have Windows 8? Lee

WarHorse47
July 6th, 2015, 19:15
I just read all the pros and cons about the Phantom, here is what I have. I have a good computer with a 42inch screen I spend all my night time on FSX, and could not wait for the final Milviz Phantom, but it will not work with my Windows 8. It will start up and fly but when I try to change to a different texture it crashes my FSX, also the ACM will only let me set speed brakes, windows 8 again? I have installed several times same thing. I tried to purchase a new computer in Windows 7 but all stores looked at me like I was crazy, saying dont you know they dont make Windows 7 anymore? I did save Bata #2 and it works in Windows 8 and it is worth the money I spent on the Phantom, hope they do get it to work in Windows 8, I do like this Phantom I think it is great I just wish they had made it to work in Windows 8. I like it so much I would pay 100.00 dollars to any one who could get it to work in Windows 8 Also in the install I did not get the F4J, it that also because I have Windows 8? LeeIt's unfortunate you're having these issues. I'm not sure how you concluded that Windows 8 is the culprit as I've been flying the Phantom under Windows 8.1 all day.

When I installed the most recent release, I did experience CTDs whenever I attempted to start the aircraft - similar to what others were reporting with FSX Steam and P3D. After reporting it on their Support Forum, Milviz provided me with what I needed to be up and flying. IMHO not all installs work as expected with all the variable simulation installs (e.g., FSX, FSX Steam, P3D, etc.), but you can count on a good support system from Milviz.

Couple pointers. When I acquired their P-38L, I learned how to run FSX "as administrator" and continue to do so each time I load up the sim. Also, it helps to install their addons by insuring you "run as administrator".

Lee Mumbower
July 6th, 2015, 21:31
Sir, thank you for your help, I have installed the Phantom several times some as administrator and some not , same thing. I'm running Windows 8, you are running Windows 8-1. Do you think that could make a difference ? Lee

DagR
July 6th, 2015, 23:34
Need to email for every addon purchased so we can let only valid customers through. Just standard order of procedure.

I have emailed with proof of purchase and have so far seen no support forum for the F-4.
A superb addon in every respect

Best regards
Dag

MDIvey
July 6th, 2015, 23:35
Lee.... I get fsx locking up when I close a flight and I'm on win 7 64 bit and I'm not on fsx steam... so may be nothing to do with win 8. A little frustrating but I'm sure they will fix it.

Matt

Duckie
July 7th, 2015, 05:03
I have emailed with proof of purchase and have so far seen no support forum for the F-4.
A superb addon in every respect

Best regards
Dag

Dag, I had the same problem, couldn't find the F-4 support forum. Go to the forum main index page and open the Completed Milviz Projects main thread. The F-4 support forum is a sub topic. It's not very intuitive to locate but it is there.

Steve

Katoun
July 7th, 2015, 05:21
Hi,

If you are not yet seeing the support forum, please email me at Kat at milviz dot com and I will try and assist you.

Thank you.

Kat.

DagR
July 7th, 2015, 07:00
Thanks Kat, all good now :-)

Best regards
Dag

MDIvey
July 7th, 2015, 07:11
Brian... really enjoying using the J with the Jolly Roger repaint that you did with my artwork... new favourite ride.

I don't know how you guys are managing to do deck landings with it though. I can't manage to get the speed down below about 180 knots without loosing control. I may have to wait until the full fledged J/S model becomes available before attempting that.

Matt

Lawman
July 7th, 2015, 09:06
Sir, thank you for your help, I have installed the Phantom several times some as administrator and some not , same thing. I'm running Windows 8, you are running Windows 8-1. Do you think that could make a difference ? Lee

Have you tried temporarily shutting down your anti-virus program before installing as administrator as recommended by Milviz? Their add-ons seem to be rather touchy about this.

odourboy
July 7th, 2015, 09:09
Brian... really enjoying using the J with the Jolly Roger repaint that you did with my artwork... new favourite ride.

I don't know how you guys are managing to do deck landings with it though. I can't manage to get the speed down below about 180 knots without loosing control. I may have to wait until the full fledged J/S model becomes available before attempting that.

Matt

Matt - It's a bit of a bear to land. Going in on fumes helps. (Setting an easier aircraft on the carrier, then loading the F-4 is a handy cheat if you want to try launching! :encouragement: )Thanks again for the artwork!

Adjusted Bob's launch bar settings a bit in the aircraft.cfg:
[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot= 18.6, 0.000, -2.04
launch_bar_lug= 19, 0.000, -2.1

Gives me better wheel contact with the deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o4nQosB48Y

WarHorse47
July 7th, 2015, 09:14
Sir, thank you for your help, I have installed the Phantom several times some as administrator and some not , same thing. I'm running Windows 8, you are running Windows 8-1. Do you think that could make a difference ? LeeNot really. My computer came with Win8 and I later upgraded to Win8.1, all the while running FSX and FS9 with loads of addons. Again, I would contact Milviz through their Support forum.

ZsoltB
July 7th, 2015, 09:21
http://kepkezelo.com/images/hxp8u2dq6ly35grayk2.jpg

ST0RM
July 7th, 2015, 10:12
Interesting that the Navy variant seems to be of more interest than the F-4E. Even if only a shell.

-Jeff

Dumonceau
July 7th, 2015, 10:45
Interesting that the Navy variant seems to be of more interest than the F-4E. Even if only a shell.

-Jeff

Because it has been ages since we've had a short nose variant?

Boomer
July 7th, 2015, 11:31
I don't know how you guys are managing to do deck landings with it though. I can't manage to get the speed down below about 180 knots without loosing control.
Matt

What is your weight like when you try to land? Jettison stores if you have them & make sure you aren't full of fuel. Clean with the exception of A/A weapons & less than 50% fuel (dump if you need to) with the CV @ 30kts & no wind you should be able to maintain the AOA & 155kts through the glideslope. The view sux but that's why you never see an E model on a carrier :biggrin-new:

StormILM
July 7th, 2015, 13:07
In my own testing (and out of curiosity) of the J/S model for AICarrier Ops, I've been test tweaking the flap lift_scalar= & pitch_scalar= a little bit to more or less simulate the lift characteristics of the increased lift of the J model using BLC at 55/60 degrees of flaps and/or the S model without BLC and full span flaps(the inner flaps at 55/60 degrees and the droop ailerons at 30 degrees). I set the lift_scalar= 3.0 and pitch_scalar= 1.5 (not changing the drag scalar) and so far as I can tell, there's no real negative impact on handling but it yields a more stable approach to remain on AoA and maintaining the interval. There's another trick I found to help facilitate the approach, I set the Bomb/Gunsight Selector to A/G and then the Reticle DEPR to 090 MILS (down) in addition to setting the seat height to get a better view over the dash. I have found that generally aiming the center of the sight Reticle roughly around mid to the edge & slightly right of the angle deck center gives a good aiming reference (in addition to the FOLS Ball). While the AoA indicators and the FOLS Ball are the prime keys for making a good approach and trap, the Reticle use as mentioned above can help you achieve and maintain good centering and lateral adjustment as the deck moves. One other note, to prevent my tweaks from interfering with the F-4E's finely tuned FDE engine, I moved all my F-4J/S files to a separate folder.

MDIvey
July 7th, 2015, 13:22
Thanks for carrier ops tips... will try out as soon as I get a chance.

I revised some of the canopy glass textures today and I much prefer how they look now... the release version glass just doesn't seem to show up properly on my machine... not enough reflection and opacity for my taste. It so great to have such a superb Short nose Phantom at last.

Matt

Skyhawk18
July 7th, 2015, 14:17
I saw this VF-142 paint (http://www.gunnarvm.com/F4J/c.jpg) while browsing this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?85190-Milviz-F-4E-Phantom-II does anyone know where I can download it?

Thanks

This is one of three liveries that I made for the F-4J
They were painted more than a year ago, and they have never been tested with the latest installer.
There are also some minor texture issues to be corrected.

Once I've finished them, I'll let you know where to find them :adoration:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24920&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24921&stc=1

WarHorse47
July 7th, 2015, 14:25
Looks great, Skyhawk. Looking forward to them...

BTW - How did you get the white sidewinders? Mine are brown in color.

Skyhawk18
July 7th, 2015, 14:36
Looks great, Skyhawk. Looking forward to them...

BTW - How did you get the white sidewinders? Mine are brown in color.

Well, these were painted long ago. At that moment, the sidewinders were white (even with yellow head :untroubled:).
The sidewinders are not a part of the livery. I will check, and have a look at the colors as soon as I start working on these again.

YoYo
July 7th, 2015, 14:47
Well, these were painted long ago. At that moment, the sidewinders were white (even with yellow head :untroubled:).

In the last official build - Sidewinders and Sparrows are brown, but for me it looks like wrong spec file for missiles (?). I'll wait for the update of this or I'll create a fix. :wavey:
Still learning and enjoying.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_34_zps2ko4kgl5.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_25_zpsrwx3ws6g.jpg~original

WarHorse47
July 7th, 2015, 15:03
Duckie posted the same question on the Milviz forum, but so far no response.

In the primary texture folder there are two textures for the aim-9. When I matched what is loaded on the Phantom vs. these textures, it looks like the aim-9NP.dds is being referenced.

I also noticed that the aim-9NP.dds is 1024 X 246 vs. 512 X 128 for the aim-9.dds. Both texture files look as they should, so I'm baffled as to why they show up brown when loaded.

Be nice to get a fix before someone starts making bad jokes. :teapot:

Duckie
July 7th, 2015, 16:26
If your AIM9s are brown, take a look at your starboard stabilator, the inner half will be brown too!

It's not the spec files. I tried it without the spec files all together and still got the same effect.

Hope some body comes up with a fix. For now mine is shelved.

Ian Warren
July 8th, 2015, 00:11
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_25_zpsrwx3ws6g.jpg~original
Now I do like this Screen .. maybe its the Connie in the back :adoration:

DaveQ
July 8th, 2015, 00:23
If your AIM9s are brown, take a look at your starboard stabilator, the inner half will be brown too!

It's not the spec files. I tried it without the spec files all together and still got the same effect.

This was d/l'ed and installed Monday - white AIM-9's. Must be a 'local' issue of some sort. And I've had no problems with crashes or fps. Just not very good at flying it!:engel016: Just waiting for the paint kit......

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4E%20Sidewinders_zpsgt2d46o8.jpg

DaveQ

YoYo
July 8th, 2015, 01:55

Hmmm, so maybe MDL problem? They are very shiny.

DaveQ
July 8th, 2015, 03:01
A brilliant add-on and I'm in the process of registering with the support forum but meantime, has anybody come across this??

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4E%20Reheat%20Issue_zpsmz5mvbn4.jpg

Afterburner texture peeping out the side of the fuselage. Embarrassing...!

DaveQ

Duckie
July 8th, 2015, 03:24
Dave, there's an open thread on the support forum re the "wandering AB". I believe they are working on it but check it out to be sure.

Steve

Katoun
July 8th, 2015, 03:40
Hi,

We are looking into the texture issues. These will also be fixed in the incoming hotfix.

Thank you.

Kat.

DagR
July 8th, 2015, 04:10
I have the P3D 2.5 offering and so far I have not seen the texturing or effects issues :applause:
When will the repaint kit be available and will there be a separate for the J/S?

Best
Dag

Katoun
July 8th, 2015, 04:24
Hi,

The paint kit will only be ready on Saturday as Colin has other things he must do before that.

Both aircraft use the same paint kit as they are essentially the same except for the nose.

Thank you.

Kat.

WarHorse47
July 8th, 2015, 06:15
This was d/l'ed and installed Monday - white AIM-9's. Must be a 'local' issue of some sort. And I've had no problems with crashes or fps. Just not very good at flying it!:engel016: Just waiting for the paint kit......

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4E%20Sidewinders_zpsgt2d46o8.jpg

DaveQ
What do you mean by "local" issue? Sounds like some of us have some kind of disease when you put it that way. :adoration:

Do you have some suggestions or answers as to why some have brown missiles? I went through several installs/uninstalls and downloads on Monday, until Jon provided me with an alternate F4_sys.dall file to get the jet fired up. So why should my external missile textures be any different than yours?

YoYo
July 8th, 2015, 07:45
I have the P3D 2.5 offering and so far I have not seen the texturing or effects issues :applause:
When will the repaint kit be available and will there be a separate for the J/S?

Best
Dag

I also havent any problems with this AB textures in FSX.

What do you mean by "local" issue? Sounds like some of us have some kind of disease when you put it that way. :adoration:

Do you have some suggestions or answers as to why some have brown missiles? I went through several installs/uninstalls and downloads on Monday, until Jon provided me with an alternate F4_sys.dall file to get the jet fired up. So why should my external missile textures be any different than yours?

Id like to know too :]. vA1.150704 of F-4E.

delta_lima
July 8th, 2015, 08:48
Hi,

The paint kit will only be ready on Saturday as Colin has other things he must do before that.

Both aircraft use the same paint kit as they are essentially the same except for the nose.

Thank you.

Kat.

Is there a way to fix the "slots" on the J model for the "slime"/ formation lights? The J never had these. Even the S wasn't "built" (remanufactured) with these lights) - again, these came in very late in its life. This was explained in great detail a number of times, many months ago, and if I recall correctly, was to be fixed. Maybe the assumption on the part of the modellers was that since the E had them from the start of its life, that the J did too. But this was simply not the case.

I get there are certain known/planned "inaccuracies" (slats, etc.) that we all happily accept just to have a naval version. But this lights issue is a pretty big one, as it creates a visual anachronism that's a good 15 years in size. All the J paints are compromised, and since they (and the model as a whole) are of such a great quality, it would be a shame if these 4 pesky slots couldn't be filled in.

Thanks,

DL

EDIT: just noticed some screenshots of the "J" have the slots showing the lights, others don't. Looks like some repaints/repainters have it overpainted? Apologies if this has indeed been fixed. Am buying tonight when I return home to sim pc, have only gone off the screenshots as reference.

findus
July 8th, 2015, 10:04
This is one of three liveries that I made for the F-4J
They were painted more than a year ago, and they have never been tested with the latest installer.
There are also some minor texture issues to be corrected.

Once I've finished them, I'll let you know where to find them :adoration:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24920&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24921&stc=1

Just one word:AWESAME!!!!

Katoun
July 8th, 2015, 10:17
Hi

The afterburner issue seems to be only on a very few systems and we cannot replicate nor fix it as it's not actually there on the max file. We will keep on trying but at this point, we're not sure what to do.

For the CTD's for those exiting the flight, we are working on this but it will not be fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

Thank you.

Kat.

delta_lima
July 8th, 2015, 11:06
For those using the J on naval ops ....

Does the start cart show up - and work - on a moving carrier properly? On their F-86, when I try and start my "FJ Fury" from a carrier, the cart won't appear. So once I shut down, I can't restart, if on the carrier. No biggie on that one, as I use the "FJ" most as shore-based, and do trap practice a dozen or so miles off the coast of Corpus Christi, or Hawaii, etc.

But hoping that's not the case for the "J" Phantom.

cheers,

dl

WarHorse47
July 8th, 2015, 11:26
Hi

The afterburner issue seems to be only on a very few systems and we cannot replicate nor fix it as it's not actually there on the max file. We will keep on trying but at this point, we're not sure what to do.

For the CTD's for those exiting the flight, we are working on this but it will not be fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

Thank you.

Kat.Will the hotfix address the texture issues with the Sidewinders and the Starboard tailplane? I haven't seen any response from MV here or on your forum regarding this issue.

Scandinavian
July 8th, 2015, 11:41
For those using the J on naval ops ....

Does the start cart show up - and work - on a moving carrier properly? On their F-86, when I try and start my "FJ Fury" from a carrier, the cart won't appear. So once I shut down, I can't restart, if on the carrier. No biggie on that one, as I use the "FJ" most as shore-based, and do trap practice a dozen or so miles off the coast of Corpus Christi, or Hawaii, etc.

But hoping that's not the case for the "J" Phantom.

cheers,

dl

I haven't tried the Phantom yet, but if the cart is designed to appear when shut down and standing still a moving carrier will inhibit that. That's just how FSX works.

DaveQ
July 8th, 2015, 11:48

Sorry - didn't mean to imply any disease state or cause offence!! I just meant maybe, like my afterburner issue, it's peculiar to individual set-ups. The only thing that crossed my mind was an issue with the bump file since that can sometimes cause odd very shiny textures to appear.

DaveQ

WarHorse47
July 8th, 2015, 12:05
Sorry - didn't mean to imply any disease state or cause offence!! I just meant maybe, like my afterburner issue, it's peculiar to individual set-ups. The only thing that crossed my mind was an issue with the bump file since that can sometimes cause odd very shiny textures to appear.

DaveQWe tend to forget that it's just not one Phantom II that was released, but three different versions for FSX, FSX Steam and P3D and even the P3D release is limited to specific P3D versions from what I read. My theory is that some of the coding might have been mixed up by accident between the different versions. I'm experiencing the brown textures in the standard FSX set-up.

When you refer to "individual set-ups" the only major differences would be the graphics card or drivers - and that doesn't make sense given what we know about the texture files, etc.

Anyways, the issue is back in MV's court, so lets see what the hotfix brings.

stovall
July 8th, 2015, 12:36
A note on the Milviz F-4 J and E repaints I have released in the Military Library. These were made over a year ago using the Paint Kit released with the Beta version of the aircraft. There are at least two problems that Paint Kit has with the current model. These include the RIO's helmet remains unpainted. Only the pilots helmet is painted. Also noticed there is an issue with the pylons. The right pylon color is shown on the left pylon and there is some kind of design on the left pylon. This is all I have found for now.

No doubt these two issues will be corrected with the upcoming current paint kit to be release in the next few days. I will releasing a fix for these issues once the paint kit comes out. You say why not just repaint the aircraft using the new paint kit. The answer is the paints of this aircraft represent hours upon hours of work. Fortunately there will be very few changes needed. Stay tuned.

Ian Warren
July 8th, 2015, 13:09
Thanks Tom , off to the Library :encouragement:

DaveQ
July 8th, 2015, 21:56
When you refer to "individual set-ups" the only major differences would be the graphics card or drivers - and that doesn't make sense given what we know about the texture files, etc.

Anyways, the issue is back in MV's court, so lets see what the hotfix brings..

Just as a comment, the afterburner problem seems to be related to DX10 in some way since, if I switch back to DX9, it disappears. My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Ti running with an Intel i7-4820 CPU and 16Gb RAM on Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. Currently practising traps and cats on the Enterprise with the -J while waiting for the paint kit. Superb piece of kit, this!! :jump:

DaveQ

delta_lima
July 8th, 2015, 22:17
Running DX10 here ... no issues with AB.

dl

delta_lima
July 9th, 2015, 08:17
Broke down and got this bird last night ... had only 5 min to read the manual and 30 min to fly - just a few quick words:

First, I know I've stated the importance of the naval model(s) - so I'm really glad this release featured the J - with a bonus E model - awesome! :running: C'mon, just a bit of humour ... :very_drunk:

Seriously now, quite happy with this model, and feel it has some great strengths worth communicating. In no particular order,

Amazingly detailed model. Has to be seen to be fully appreciated.
Exceptional paint - the included paint schemes are beautifully weathered (I know haters will hate, whatever) - just adds to the immersion. Ditto for the interior - looks "lived in" without being cartoonish.
FDE wise - feels good, but will take a bit of a learning curve. This is not the Alphasim or C9 Phantom. Much more complex, and at least so far, I'm finding it much harder to be proficient at it - it's a fairly involved simulation, not just a model. Naval nuts will want to know how it handles coming aboard the boat ... to be honest, and I'm usually fairly adept at carrier landing - but this one I'm struggling to land smoothly, balancing being on speed, on AoA, and having the right pitch angle for "optimum" (not great) visibility - I did a couple of traps just to say I did, but I'm going to have to spend a good few hours doing FCLP before I feel happy about going to the boat.
Systems - only got enough time to get it started - I know I'm missing a few steps, some switches I can't find - again, there is a real depth to what this a/c can do.
Performance (hardware-wise) - Amazing. On a mid-range i5 I'm getting 27.5-28.9/30.0 locked around either default or mid-level complexity airfields (Calclassic, modified MAIW fields, etc) . On board the Enterprise that drops down to approx. 22-24, and to about 20 aboard the USS Kittyhawk (both payware boats).
Loadout module - once you figure out it's a drag/drop interface (is that a first??? never seen that before) its very easy to use. One minor issue (see below).
Slime lights - again, I made much hay about this, and glad it was sorted - but I was very surprised how MV achieved this. It's a toggle-able item off the loadout module. Now that is BRILLIANT. I'm not sure exactly which year this came on for the E, but as they were never on a J, it allows them to be de-selected. In the interim (until the full S comes out), though, if anyone does any of the later S-type repaints, then these can be added for a measure of realism. Great solution. I hope this can be kept on the full future S model, as it too, didn't have them on it's whole life (just the last few years). Will open that model to a whole larger breadth timewise of schemes that can be repainted. So again - bravo on a great solution.
TacPac - others can comment, as I don't have that at this time, nor likely.

Challenges/criticisms:

Loadout screen - really small/hard to read. Roughly doubling in size would really help.
Loadout screen - never did find the "ready to fly" option ... I'm sure it's there, but I just couldn't find it.
Loadout screen - "chocks" sets up the ladder - I didn't see any wheel chocks - was that the intention?
Generator panel (shift+2) - switches work but no gauges .... am I missing something?
Tooltips - would make life a lot easier. I think MV doesn't do these on most their models, so not expecting it, but would really help in memorizing all the functions.
Height warning beeping - I looked for a cancel button, but to no avail.

Overall, I'm happy with it. I didn't buy until the J model was available - and even though some would argue I'm doing it backwards, that model was the only reason I bought it. But I'm happy to reward the development of the type in general, with a hope of future development of the S in particular. I maintain my original prediction that the "J" - while maybe just an "extra bonus" will be the lynchpin in this model's success - to the extent that it affords both USN/USMC repaint options, as well as - again, with a little suspension of disbelief - some C/D options too. That decision was critical, and doubtlessly MV will see that reward sale-wise. :encouragement:

cheers,

dl

henrystreet
July 9th, 2015, 08:34
just a few quick words:
cheers,
dl

this helps me a lot

DaveB
July 9th, 2015, 08:44
Cheers dl.. appreciate that:encouragement:

As I've already mentioned.. had I been aware the J was included, I may have dived in already but I don't really want an E.. especially at $50 (no matter how many years it took to put together)!! Now.. I've reached a point where I'm happy to wait for the naval version and/or.. this one appears in a sale which I doubt will be yet awhile. Not to be completely put off.. I went and bought the Bear Studio's Naval Flanker instead. It's also a pig to trap (weight is the key) and of course.. all the switches and controls are in Russian (very few have tooltips either).

Fear not.. MV will get me in the end though not yet;)
ATB

WarHorse47
July 9th, 2015, 09:22
I agree with delta_lima, but there are a few more points to make..

My understanding is that the Generator Panel is a leftover from the beta and not to be used. Instead display the generator using the Config Manager, then turn on the generator by going to the AddOn Menu. There is a command there for the Phantom.

Some of us are experiencing some texture issues with the Sidewinder, Left Stabilizer and AB.

The manual at the moment seems to be missing a lot of detail. Although I can set up the INS and Nav Computer to eliminate the warning light, I still haven't figured out how to navigate from point A to point B.

@DaveB, I believe the flanker has an option to convert the cockpit into English. Been awhile since I flew it, but I know the Su30 has it. Look in the Bear Studios folder in the root FSX directory.

DagR
July 9th, 2015, 09:36
Hmm, I have brownish grey Sparrows but Sidewinders and stab is all ok :dizzy:

DaveB
July 9th, 2015, 09:40
@DaveB, I believe the flanker has an option to convert the cockpit into English. Been awhile since I flew it, but I know the Su30 has it. Look in the Bear Studios folder in the root FSX directory.

Ahh.. thanks WH:encouragement:
ATB

YoYo
July 9th, 2015, 09:55
The nice wallpaper for lover's Phantom :). On my desktop from now.

http://images69.fotosik.pl/1031/574fd9acaaa90ed8.jpg

http://images69.fotosik.pl/1031/574fd9acaaa90ed8.jpg

Boomer
July 9th, 2015, 10:21
Adjusted Bob's launch bar settings a bit in the aircraft.cfg:
[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot= 18.6, 0.000, -2.04
launch_bar_lug= 19, 0.000, -2.1

Very nice! Thanks for this. I haven't had an opportunity to fly the Phantom for a couple days & your new contact points work perfectly!

I set the lift_scalar= 3.0 and pitch_scalar= 1.5 (not changing the drag scalar) and so far as I can tell, there's no real negative impact on handling but it yields a more stable approach to remain on AoA and maintaining the interval.

Sweet! This really does the trick; clean & 30% fuel has me crossing the ramp at 135kts with a good AOA & had made this bird almost pussycat to trap.

Duckie
July 9th, 2015, 10:28

Some of us are experiencing some texture issues with the Sidewinder, Left Stabilizer and AB.

Just heard from krazycolin on the support forum re these texture problems. They have fixed the sidewinders and are working on the stabilizers. :encouragement: :encouragement:

Steve

ST0RM
July 9th, 2015, 10:31
I wish I would have saved my money and bought this instead of some other recent poorly-supported payware aircraft. Bummer I cant get a refund. Fool me once...

delta_lima
July 9th, 2015, 10:58
Sweet shot, YoYo!

Boomer,

Thanks for that post on StormILM's suggested scalar edits. I looked for the whole post, but couldn't find it. Are those edits for the flap scalars, not the wings, I assume?

WH,

Thanks for the pointer to the Addon's menu. I never go there, since I use a shortcut to launch AICarriers ... wouldn't of thought to go there. Thanks also for clarifying the start cart panel issue. Will play about with it more tonight ...

thanks,

dl

WarHorse47
July 9th, 2015, 11:03
Sweet shot, YoYo!

Boomer,

Thanks for that post on StormILM's suggested scalar edits. I looked for the whole post, but couldn't find it. Are those edits for the flap scalars, not the wings, I assume?

WH,

Thanks for the pointer to the Addon's menu. I never go there, since I use a shortcut to launch AICarriers ... wouldn't of thought to go there. Thanks also for clarifying the start cart panel issue. Will play about with it more tonight ...

thanks,

dlLet me know if you get the start cart to function. I was told that the brakes (chocks) need to be on, but for some reason I couldn't get it to run or at least I couldn't tell if it was running or not. The manual start has worked for me every time.

Boomer
July 9th, 2015, 11:05
Hey DL,

Yes sir that is for the flaps only.

One word of caution using it though. Watch your power setting as you cross the ramp (like you wouldn't be anyway :dizzy:) because she will balloon a little in GE. I Bolter the 1st 2 times I attempted a trap. The approach is a world of difference though.

Make no mistake, its still not an "easy" plane to trap but its no longer a white knuckle sweaty palm experience LOL

DaveQ
July 9th, 2015, 12:15
Hey DL,

Make no mistake, its still not an "easy" plane to trap but its no longer a white knuckle sweaty palm experience LOL

Amen to that!

But, if I ever do manage to survive a trap at least I can fold the wings. Speculatively lifted the wing fold section from the old AS Vigilante and heh presto!:encouragement:

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/F-4E%20Wingfold_zps1eogsc9f.jpg

[folding_wings]
wing_fold_system_type=4
fold_rates=0.12,0.11

(Note I'm not on a carrier!!)

DaveQ

Skyhawk18
July 9th, 2015, 12:48
Finally I've succeeded in installing one of my old J-liveries.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25016&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25017&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25018&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25019&stc=1

odourboy
July 9th, 2015, 12:48
That [folding_wings] bit was already in the aircraft.cfg as delivered.

dvj
July 9th, 2015, 13:49
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/07/10/f4.jpg

DaveQ
July 9th, 2015, 14:06
That [folding_wings] bit was already in the aircraft.cfg as delivered.

There was me thinkin' I'd done something useful.....:stupid:

DaveQ

delta_lima
July 9th, 2015, 14:09

DaveQ

Yabbutt ... by having the entry in twice, now you can fold them AND extend them ... or is it for Left and Right ... :running:

Hope you get your AB sorted Dave - let us know if you're going to dip your paintbrushes onto this model ...

dl

dvj
July 9th, 2015, 14:16
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/07/10/f42.jpg

odourboy
July 9th, 2015, 15:34

DaveQ

Sorry to burst your bubble Dave. :mixed-smiley-027:

gray eagle
July 9th, 2015, 17:24
All these Navy paints of the F-4J are nice however, as an former Navy F-J Phantom "ordie" I can tell you that the F-4J's did not have the diagonal light on the tail and I suspect it was the USAF
F-4D or other USAF variants that did have this diagonal light on the tail.

A U.S. Navy F-4B from VF-111 dropping bombs over Vietnam, 1971

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/F-4B_VF-111_dropping_bombs_on_Vietnam.jpg

The Collings Foundation F-4D Phantom II, with Vietnam-era "Ritchie/DeBellevue" markings (notice the diagonal slanted light running from the OY marking on the tail) - Navy version's F-4B/J did not have that.
I suspect this Milviz USAF model was a one size fits all -USAF/USN - ergo, the slant light on the tail regardless if it's USAF or USN. I did see a VF-84 ^ with short nose and no slant light on the tail.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/F-4_Phantom_II_Collings_Foundation.jpg/1920px-F-4_Phantom_II_Collings_Foundation.jpg

gray eagle
July 9th, 2015, 17:36
Added this vid of a USAF start up - notice the slant light on the tail of this bird near the TD letters on the tail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbMDqHezW8Q

JAllen
July 9th, 2015, 17:36
Yes you are correct Grey Eagle. And Milviz says this is an E model with a radome change. It is intended to just look a bit like a Navy jet. So other than the radome it is all USAF.

delta_lima
July 9th, 2015, 17:51
All these Navy paints of the F-4J are nice however, as an former Navy F-J Phantom "ordie" I can tell you that the F-4J's did not have the diagonal light on the tail and I suspect it was the USAF
F-4D or other USAF variants that did have this diagonal light on the tail.

This whole business of "slant lights" was discussed many times here, most recently just a couple of posts up.

They're formation lights, aka "slime lights". They were introduced on USAF E models, and never used on Js, but were used late in life on remanufactured S models in Naval and Marine Service. There was a pair on the tail, and a pair in the forward fuselage.

Insofar as the included J "bonus" model, they've stated clearly it's an exterior model shell only - the VC is that of an E, it has the E's A2A refueling (receptacle on spine, not a probe on the stbd air intake, etc. etc.)

And like I pointed out earlier, the whole slime lights business is a moot point - it is toggled to be visible/not visible in the ACM loadout panel. Easy peasy.

They've made it clear this is an E simulation. Us naval nuts have a nice looking J ish model shell until the full blown S model comes out. We either accept its limitations and enjoy it for what it is, or wait until their S model gets released. There's also a payware B model under development also. Or the old FS9 portovers - those are the naval portover options at the moment.

dl

WarHorse47
July 9th, 2015, 18:55
I find this entire discussion of the external model of "E" vs. "J" vs. "S" etc. somewhat entertaining.

While everyone is debating which is which ( is this related to rivet counting?? :biggrin-new: ) , I'm still trying to master the various systems.

In other words I'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn't work, and how to navigate the friendly skies and land smoothly - in one piece.

Ian Warren
July 9th, 2015, 21:08
Least everyone is getting to learn their A,B and Cs in a fun way :biggrin-new:

delta_lima
July 10th, 2015, 07:48
Hey Bob et al,

Very nice! Thanks for this. I haven't had an opportunity to fly the Phantom for a couple days & your new contact points work perfectly!

I set the lift_scalar= 3.0 and pitch_scalar= 1.5 (not changing the drag scalar) and so far as I can tell, there's no real negative impact on handling but it yields a more stable approach to remain on AoA and maintaining the interval.

Sweet! This really does the trick; clean & 30% fuel has me crossing the ramp at 135kts with a good AOA & had made this bird almost pussycat to trap.

So I tried those scalar edits, and they didn't work (at least completely) for me. Because when on a runway takeoff with just t/o flap selected, the flap induces a strong enough lift moment that the mains come up off the ground before the nose gear - very strange.

I tried my own edits, and these seem a bit better for me. A bit more flap lift than stock, but with no/negligible resulting pitch:

lift_scalar= 2.5
pitch_scalar= 1

I'm no FDE expert, here, not suggesting these conform to reality - just trying to create a bit better control on carrier landings. Also, as has been pointed out, weight (ergo, fuel) should be at a near minimum - around 25% fuel, depending on nearest airfield, etc. Also, dialing in a bit of headwind and sailing the boat into it will help. I'm not there by a long shot though ... lots more FCLP before the CAG lets me back aboard the boat:p87:

joe bob
July 10th, 2015, 08:25
Progress! I actually aligned the INS flew to a designated point 240 miles on target2 and then entered the coordinates for home plate and flew home using target1
This thing is a fuel loving pig with 2 370s and a full compliment of aa missiles.

WarHorse47
July 10th, 2015, 09:06
Progress! I actually aligned the INS flew to a designated point 240 miles on target2 and then entered the coordinates for home plate and flew home using target1
This thing is a fuel loving pig with 2 370s and a full compliment of aa missiles.Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong. I can get the INS aligned. I have current coordinates as Tgt1 and destination coordinates as Tgt2, but I get no readout on the HSI no matter what switches I activate.

odourboy
July 10th, 2015, 10:44
Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong. I can get the INS aligned. I have current coordinates as Tgt1 and destination coordinates as Tgt2, but I get no readout on the HSI no matter what switches I activate.

If everything else is set correctly, the only other thing is to make sure the 'BRGDIST' toggle switch (forward pit, immediately to the lower right of the HSI) is set all the way up to 'NAV COMP'. That should give you course, distance and direction arrow to the target coordinates.

YoYo
July 10th, 2015, 12:46
Did You can get ATC (default FSX) from Cold and Dark startup?

joe bob
July 10th, 2015, 13:59
If that is directed at me, yes, I made the flight plan prior to loading the phantom cold and dark (or you can go the the menu and reload the FP after the phantom load)

One thing about the HSI, when you move the front cockpit selector to the Nav computer, I did not get the course line, just the pointer and DME readout.

Katoun
July 10th, 2015, 15:03
Hi,

We have found and fixed the issue with the stabilator.

The issue with the Sidewinders is now fixed as well.

We hope that we have also fixed the afterburners but we cannot be sure as we were never able to replicate this bug.

Thank you.

Kat.

Boomer
July 10th, 2015, 17:48
the flap induces a strong enough lift moment that the mains come up off the ground before the nose gear - very strange.

Good catch DL! I have been flying the J exclusively & doing CAT launches so didn't notice. I just took off from Edwards & experience the same condition of the mains lifting 1st with the trim zeroed.

I will check out your numbers but clearly this is a stop gap till Milviz pleasures us with a full fledged J model.

doublecool
July 11th, 2015, 07:11
Very Pleased with the release... and with fixs on the way

Another MILVIZ Classic

Thank you Team Milviz :ernaehrung004: ya done the old Fighter Proud

odourboy
July 11th, 2015, 09:27
Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong. I can get the INS aligned. I have current coordinates as Tgt1 and destination coordinates as Tgt2, but I get no readout on the HSI no matter what switches I activate.

If your avionics master is off in your default flight, that may account for your HSI issue ( and also lack of ATC).

WarHorse47
July 11th, 2015, 10:40
If your avionics master is off in your default flight, that may account for your HSI issue ( and also lack of ATC).Nope. That's not it.

With the manual start all the avionics are active. I've always had ATC. But just to test it I just completed a flight and used a programmed hotkey to turn the avionics on and off and there was no change.

Basically I do a short hop from my home field to Boeing Field in Seattle which is about 60 miles to the north. Home field is Tgt1 and Boeing is Tgt2. After following the INS and Nav Computer startup process and switching to Tgt2 as my destination, there is no movement in the localizer to tell me my heading.

I'll keep working at it and maybe get some more guidance from MV.

Thanks

YoYo
July 11th, 2015, 11:06
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_64_zps9ywk4adk.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_63_zpsgtwg4vnd.jpg~original

My favorite skin.

YoYo
July 11th, 2015, 11:10
Nope. That's not it.

With the manual start all the avionics are active. I've always had ATC. But just to test it I just completed a flight and used a programmed hotkey to turn the avionics on and off and there was no change.

Basically I do a short hop from my home field to Boeing Field in Seattle which is about 60 miles to the north. Home field is Tgt1 and Boeing is Tgt2. After following the INS and Nav Computer startup process and switching to Tgt2 as my destination, there is no movement in the localizer to tell me my heading.

Thanks

Odourboy has a right.

I have as default flight C172 in C&D solution in FSX. If You will have after this F-4E in C&D Your avionics (FSX avionics) dosen't work (nevertheless You will see working gauges in VC of Phantom). You must save a file with "avionic on" or push "Ctrl+E" for working of TACAN and ATC after start the engines / INS system.
MV promises do this in the future.

WarHorse47
July 11th, 2015, 11:37
Odourboy has a right.

I have as default flight C172 in C&D solution in FSX. If You will have after this F-4E in C&D Your avionics (FSX avionics) dosen't work (nevertheless You will see working gauges in VC of Phantom). You must save a file with "avionic on" or push "Ctrl+E" for working of TACAN and ATC after start the engines / INS system.
MV promises do this in the future.Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. My avionics are on. My default flight is with the C172. Still, I get no heading with the Phantom HSI after going through all the steps to program the Nav Computer and start the INS.

DagR
July 11th, 2015, 11:55
Hi,

We have found and fixed the issue with the stabilator.

The issue with the Sidewinders is now fixed as well.

We hope that we have also fixed the afterburners but we cannot be sure as we were never able to replicate this bug.

Thank you.

Kat.

My Sparrows are brown in P3D, are they fixed too? I never had the stab and Sidewinder problem.

Best regards
Dag

Katoun
July 11th, 2015, 13:02
Hi.

We do not provide support here so if you wish to report a bug or have a comment to make, there is no guarantee that we will respond or even read it.

The brown aim and stab issue has been fixed.

The ctd for FSX steam has been fixed. We are working on the FSX Ctd fix.

These will, with luck, be released on Tuesday.

Thank you.

Kat.

Duckie
July 11th, 2015, 14:08
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. My avionics are on. My default flight is with the C172. Still, I get no heading with the Phantom HSI after going through all the steps to program the Nav Computer and start the INS.

Same here WH. That's a lotta steps to go through and not have it work. I still haven't discounted the fact that I may be doing something wrong. However, if I am, it is not in the instructions. My avionics are ON, I get a good SYNC lite on the INS panel and I enter the cords for PP in Target 1 and Dest in Target 2. Nav Function Selector toggle below right of HSI is in fill up pos.

What should the MODE selection be? I've been using NAV.

Katoun
July 11th, 2015, 18:10
Hi.

Did you watch the video tutorial?

https://youtu.be/eHDi-RXT8AI

Thank you.

Kat.

YoYo
July 11th, 2015, 22:50
Same here WH. That's a lotta steps to go through and not have it work. I still haven't discounted the fact that I may be doing something wrong. However, if I am, it is not in the instructions. My avionics are ON, I get a good SYNC lite on the INS panel and I enter the cords for PP in Target 1 and Dest in Target 2. Nav Function Selector toggle below right of HSI is in fill up pos.

What should the MODE selection be? I've been using NAV.

As I understand the TGT1 is for Lat/Lon counters and TGT2 is for fixed FSX flight plan (the addons menu->Milviz F-4E->Reload Flightplan).
Didn't test yet TGT1 or TGT2, just INS set-up, till now I used only TACAN/ADF for navigation (and ILS for landing).

Lenny
July 12th, 2015, 00:54
While waiting for the FSX-SE fix, Can someone repaint the J-model as an RAF F-4J(UK) of 74sqn (ZE350/T)
http://www.sbc.airliners.net/photo/UK%20-%20Air%20Force/McDonnell%20F-4J%20Phantom%20F3/1898201/L/&width=1200&height=812&photo_nr=&sid=&set_photo_album=hide

Stinger
July 12th, 2015, 06:17
Is it tacpac enabled? if not will it be?

Dumonceau
July 12th, 2015, 07:41
Is it tacpac enabled? if not will it be?

Not yet: http://milviz.com/flight/products/F4E/

Johan

WarHorse47
July 12th, 2015, 12:47
Nope. That's not it.

ThanksLooks like my issue is due to pilot error. I was entering the Longitude as East instead of West. Duh.... My fault entirely and no fault of MV. Looks like I need stronger glasses. :biggrin-new:

Thanks to MV for helping me sort this out.

YoYo
July 12th, 2015, 22:42
Not yet: http://milviz.com/flight/products/F4E/

Johan

Not yet but ... ;) :

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_72_zpshepkxfmh.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_73_zpsv11asdft.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_86_zpsoxfohebv.jpg~original

res non verba
July 13th, 2015, 08:31
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_86_zpsoxfohebv.jpg~original

Great shots Yoyo! What scenery is that?

:ernaehrung004:

Boomer
July 13th, 2015, 08:46
Now that just aint right YoYo... :mixed-smiley-027:

joe bob
July 13th, 2015, 09:36
I am afraid I have to retract my victory dance I did earlier, I haven't been able to duplicate that success with INS navigation.

JensOle
July 13th, 2015, 11:38
All the screenshots of the Phantom make it hard to not buy it. It is just the price tag which is holding me back...

YoYo; My first encounter with the mighty Phantom was in 1992, a 2-ship from Jabog 35/1 was on its way to an airshow at Bodø AB and they stopped for fuel at Rygge AB. I was 10 years old and met a very friendly Luftwaffe pilot flying 38+38. He let me sit in both the front and rear cockpit and it was a mighty big experience for a young boy. I still have the Jabog 35/1 patches he gave me :-) Any chance for making a quick paint of 38+38? It had the same norm-81B camouflage as shown in your screenshots and the Jabog 35 shield on the intake.

JensOle
July 13th, 2015, 12:59
Pictures of 38+38 at this link: http://www.natoflugplatz-pferdsfeld.de/bilder/jets/f-4f-phantom-ii/

There is actually one picture from 1992 there. In 92 it did not have the yellow painted rudder as seen on the 1993-94 pictures.

YoYo
July 13th, 2015, 14:19
Some milk over Europe?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_90_zpsyxythtjv.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_91_zpspqnapo6i.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_92_zpsgjtmfyr5.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_93_zpsbomzk2jt.jpg~original

Ian Warren
July 13th, 2015, 15:28
The themes you come up with ... should say screens :encouragement:

WarHorse47
July 14th, 2015, 06:32
Hi.

We do not provide support here so if you wish to report a bug or have a comment to make, there is no guarantee that we will respond or even read it.

The brown aim and stab issue has been fixed.

The ctd for FSX steam has been fixed. We are working on the FSX Ctd fix.

These will, with luck, be released on Tuesday.

Thank you.

Kat.Are we in luck sometime today?? :untroubled:

Katoun
July 14th, 2015, 06:47
Hi,

Chuck is building the installers now. We expect to have them ready by lunch today and then they will be put up on the beta forums for the rest of the day. With luck, they will pass muster and we can release them.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveQ
July 14th, 2015, 07:45
I realise you've all been busy with the hotfixes but any sign of the paint kit?? Was originally scheduled for Saturday. Can't wait to get stuck in:encouragement:!!

DaveQ

delta_lima
July 14th, 2015, 08:18
I realise you've all been busy with the hotfixes but any sign of the paint kit?? Was originally scheduled for Saturday. Can't wait to get stuck in:encouragement:!!

DaveQ

What kind of mischief have you got cooking, Dave?

dl

ZsoltB
July 14th, 2015, 08:43
http://kepkezelo.com/images/qiwitc02twmfz38hr.jpg

ZsoltB
July 14th, 2015, 11:13
http://kepkezelo.com/images/l05jeeacygdnpv11j97b.jpg

YoYo
July 14th, 2015, 13:18
Need a better tanker?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_103_zpspykeovrl.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_104_zpsr7dzklqx.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_105_zps3lgrkxpz.jpg~original

Ian Warren
July 14th, 2015, 14:00
:adoration: Nice one YOYO :encouragement:

YoYo
July 14th, 2015, 15:18
FYI. The new version incoming!!!

Finally! White AIM's and right stab is ok and many more! :)

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_106_zpsj5behffm.jpg~original

Katoun
July 14th, 2015, 16:04
Hi,

The hotfix has been released in the support forums. There are still some outstanding bugs but they are very minor and we will fix them in the coming days. This hotfix will allow those with CTD's in both FSX SE and FSX A to use their plane.

This also fixes the stab and the sidewinder/sparrow issue(s).

Thank you.

Kat.

Boomer
July 14th, 2015, 17:59
That great Kat!

Could you post a link? I am looking at the Milviz forums & dont see a new post with it.

stovall
July 14th, 2015, 19:02
Those that have purchased the Milviz F-4 have access to the Milviz F-4 support forum. The hotfix is there.

ZsoltB
July 14th, 2015, 19:10
I am removing this link because it allow access to a forum that one must have purchased the Milviz F-4 to view. To gain access to this forum you must give a receipt number to RoadBurner440 to be given access to this forum.

The link will not be restored as you must purchase the Milviz F-4 first. Then you contact RoadBurner440 with your receipt number to gain access to the Milviz F-4 Phantom II Support Forum. The Hotfix is at the top of the page.

Moderator, Tom Stovall

Updated!!!!

ZsoltB
July 14th, 2015, 19:27
http://kepkezelo.com/images/1mav55c7s20v6l2bwqy.jpg

ZsoltB
July 14th, 2015, 19:43
http://kepkezelo.com/images/b2q1xr3ag3d9mstcsqls.jpg

YoYo
July 14th, 2015, 22:34
Notice than on MV Support Forum was added too the new and free skin pack for F-4E named "MV_Phantom_II_Repaints" (21 additional skins) :applause: .

Lee Mumbower
July 14th, 2015, 23:46
Sir, can you tell me how to find the re paints on the Milviz forms? I have tried every way on forms to find them? Thanks Lee

Dumonceau
July 15th, 2015, 00:10
Sir, can you tell me how to find the re paints on the Milviz forms? I have tried every way on forms to find them? Thanks Lee

Register with the site and go to the support forums for the F-4 Phantom. There you will see a thread called hotfix in which you will find the zipfile with the repaints!

Johan

Fireball6
July 15th, 2015, 01:28
You can find the Repaint-Pack under Free Downloads at the main Milviz F-4E Phantom II - Page (Products Page).

YoYo
July 15th, 2015, 01:58

The current version is here:

Board index » Milviz Specific Forums » Completed Milviz Projects » McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum
>> topic: Hotfix Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 pm by Colin.

stovall
July 15th, 2015, 05:34
With the release of the Hotfix, Milviz has graciously allowed anyone who has purchased the Milviz F-4 Phantom II to obtain all three versions of the F-4 for the same price. These are FSX A, FSX Cloud and Prepar3d v2.5. Those who purchased the dual installer after January 2015 are asked to contact Colin for a refund.

All details can be found at the Milviz website. Thanks Milviz for a great aircraft.

roger-wilco-66
July 15th, 2015, 07:01
I'm sitting here thousands of miles from home and have to fight with the anticipation of flying this great Milviz creation. That's torture!!! Awesome job, to the devs and the repainters!

Cheers,
Mark

YoYo
July 15th, 2015, 09:56
With the release of the Hotfix, Milviz has graciously allowed anyone who has purchased the Milviz F-4 Phantom II to obtain all three versions of the F-4 for the same price. These are FSX A, FSX Cloud and Prepar3d v2.5. Those who purchased the dual installer before January 2015 are asked to contact Colin for a refund.

All details can be found at the Milviz website. Thanks Milviz for a great aircraft.

That's true. Very nice and kind gift from MV side. Owners of the one version recived second. :applause:

I'm sitting here thousands of miles from home and have to fight with the anticipation of flying this great Milviz creation. That's torture!!! Awesome job, to the devs and the repainters!

Cheers,
Mark

Poor man....I will be leaving for a few days and I'll miss also to do low and speed show pass on the Phantom again! ;D

Boomer
July 15th, 2015, 10:12
Those that have purchased the Milviz F-4 have access to the Milviz F-4 support forum. The hotfix is there.

Only if you register for it...

I have purchased nearly every product they have released but never bothered to register on their forums. I just ghost it from time to time.

I just sent an email to Roadburner. Hopefully he can get me squared away quickly.

Stickshaker
July 15th, 2015, 12:13
Fantastic aircraft and great customer service, Milviz!

YoYo
July 15th, 2015, 12:46
Mission's meeting in the dark....

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_119_zpsbhmc9hm5.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_120_zpsaax9bjpr.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_121_zpseinibsxn.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_122_zpsnvb045z9.jpg~original

YoYo
July 15th, 2015, 12:48
Ghost over the Sky.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_118_zpsyrwhryne.jpg~original

stovall
July 15th, 2015, 12:50
Only if you register for it...

I have purchased nearly every product they have released but never bothered to register on their forums. I just ghost it from time to time.

I just sent an email to Roadburner. Hopefully he can get me squared away quickly.

Definitely true Boomer, my previous posts explain exactly how to gain access by signing up with RoadBurner440. Usually very prompt.

joe bob
July 15th, 2015, 13:16
Usually very prompt.

Steve the registering madman got me set up on xmas day!

ZsoltB
July 16th, 2015, 01:25
http://kepkezelo.com/images/enimgf8wzzr15953vstn.jpg

Skyhawk18
July 16th, 2015, 04:45
Ghost over the Sky.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_118_zpsyrwhryne.jpg~original

Great screenies YoYo! :applause::ernaehrung004:

Dumonceau
July 16th, 2015, 04:47
http://kepkezelo.com/images/enimgf8wzzr15953vstn.jpg

The Bedevillers!! YEAH Zsolt!!! :encouragement::very_drunk:

Skyhawk18
July 16th, 2015, 04:53
http://www.gunnarvm.com/F4J/g1.jpg

Fireball6
July 16th, 2015, 06:52
Wow - great work and shot Gunnar !!!

ZsoltB
July 16th, 2015, 07:45
http://kepkezelo.com/images/z70e87w1g44c7dtqr7wq.jpg

Dumonceau
July 16th, 2015, 08:03
Zsolt,

Please release those VF-74 and UK schemes please!!! ;)

Johan

Lenny
July 16th, 2015, 08:44
Zsolt,

Please release those VF-74 and UK schemes please!!! ;)

Johan

oh yeah!!! 74 Sqn RAF Phantom... You rock man! please please please release them

DaveQ
July 16th, 2015, 11:04
Please, when can we have the paint kit?? Pleeeease!! All these lovely paints! I'm gettin' left out 'cos I waited for the finished article!!

DaveQ

YoYo
July 16th, 2015, 12:08
Today, the time is for Marine! Navy Day : ].

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_134_zpsago9gnov.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_127_zps6tdvimag.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_137_zpsrsffcrkl.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_138_zpstjxzmupq.jpg~original

gray eagle
July 16th, 2015, 14:31
I can not seem to steer the F-4 like I normally can using my joy stick with other aircraft. I see that there is some kind of desktop control where I can assign
a keyboard or joystick button for the NWS. Can't this thing just steer to the left/right like the other aircraft when I use my joystick?

YoYo
July 16th, 2015, 14:34
I can not seem to stear the F-4 like I normally can using my joy stick with other aircraft. I see that there is some kind of desktop control where I can assign
a keyboard or joystick button for the NWS. Can't this thing just stear to the left/right like the other aircraft when I use my joystick?

You can set up NWS on/off as a key or button on the joystic/HOTAS. In the real Phantom NWS is on the stick.
After push NWS You can steer it by pedals like in Cessna ; ).

joe bob
July 16th, 2015, 15:04
If anyone is looking for a repaint scheme, I would love to have one of my old wing, the 56th TFW
photos are scarce but I found a couple

http://www.tampapix.com/airshow4.htm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23711298@N07/5463556091/in/photostream/

Essentially all I want is the default south east asia scheme with MC as the tail code in white as in the first photo.
I don't care for the bicentennial patch or any specific tail number, A blue tail fin stripe would represent my squadron.

The second photo is a bogus gate guard paint job with the wing king multi color stripes and shadowed tail code, but it does show the color blue the tail stripe would be.

Katoun
July 16th, 2015, 15:46
Hi,

The MV F-4E Phantom II paint kit is now available. Note that this will ONLY work on the newer versions of Photoshop. It's also fairly complex. It does contain both a E livery set as well as a J livery set.

www.milviz.com/online_products/paintkits/F-4E (http://www.milviz.com/online_products/paintkits/F-4E)_Paintkit_071014.zip

Thank you.

Kat.

Ian Warren
July 16th, 2015, 16:23
Thanks Kat :encouragement:

Boomer
July 16th, 2015, 16:36
Thanks Kat!

It seems to load ok in CS4.

Duckie
July 16th, 2015, 17:07
Is there another link to try. I get a 404 error on the current link, and the F-4 product page is still showing Available Soon!

Thanks

EDIT:

Never mind! I had to paste it into the address bar in the browser. Got it. Thanks again!

DaveQ
July 16th, 2015, 21:39
Thanks Kat - downloading now. BTW the afterburners are still giving a problem on my rig so I have to use DX9 to phly the Phantom...

DaveQ

PS - Norton 360 shows the mv_mm.exe file (for the ACM) to contain a Trojan and rejects it. Is there any other way to set e.g. the drag chute or NWS??

Katoun
July 16th, 2015, 23:22
Hi

It's a false positive. Please ignore it.

There is no other way.

Thank you.

Kat.

YoYo
July 16th, 2015, 23:54
Is there any other way to set e.g. the drag chute or NWS??

For Drag Chute You can use lever in VC (left site near the ejection seat).
NWS - only keyboard or HOTAS buton.

DaveQ
July 17th, 2015, 01:21
Thanks YoYo/Kat - sorted.

ZsoltB
July 17th, 2015, 04:40
http://kepkezelo.com/images/hqhuj7g471xxjdtm2al1.jpg

gray eagle
July 17th, 2015, 05:09
Does the paint kit include the F-4J? If not, how are the F-4J repaints made?

DaveQ
July 17th, 2015, 05:20
Does the paint kit include the F-4J? If not, how are the F-4J repaints made?

Yes it does. However the paint kit is very large and there are lots of things I will revise in terms of detail, e.g., the national insignia normally had red bars not blue, and the stencil set is for the USAF -E model. That having been said the attention to detail in general is truly epic.

DaveQ

gray eagle
July 17th, 2015, 05:48
Hi,

The MV F-4E Phantom II paint kit is now available. Note that this will ONLY work on the newer versions of Photoshop. It's also fairly complex. It does contain both a E livery set as well as a J livery set.

www.milviz.com/online_products/paintkits/F-4E (http://www.milviz.com/online_products/paintkits/F-4E)_Paintkit_071014.zip

Thank you.

Kat.

Looks like the hyperlink (^) is not complete.

Here is complete hyperlink:

http://www.milviz.com/online_products/paintkits/F-4E_Paintkit_071014.zip

Duckie
July 17th, 2015, 08:27
Paintkit Question...

Seems the layered textures for the "J" nose are not in the just released paintkit, #071014. Anyone know if that will that be coming or should we make our own?

gray eagle
July 17th, 2015, 09:12
My repaints of the F4J seem to work perfectly in the final release of this beauty. Here is the VF-51 off the Coral Sea.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Milviz%20F-4J%20VF-51%20Coral%20Sea_zpsi4sk8nun.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Milviz%20F-4J%20VF-51%20Coral%20Sea_zpsi4sk8nun.jpg.html)

Where can I get this one at? :encouragement:

stovall
July 17th, 2015, 09:23
Here you go Grey Eagle!! Click HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=181&id=19847)

gray eagle
July 17th, 2015, 09:28
Here you go Grey Eagle!! Click HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=181&id=19847)

WOW!! Thank you for the paint :encouragement:

StormILM
July 17th, 2015, 12:13
http://kepkezelo.com/images/hqhuj7g471xxjdtm2al1.jpg

WOW! Beautiful repaint Zsolt! Have you considered this rare camo scheme:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25299&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25300&stc=1

gray eagle
July 17th, 2015, 14:30
It was white knuckles for me but I made a trap #3 wire on the Big "E"
What a rush!!

http://i59.tinypic.com/a0ap29.jpg

gray eagle
July 17th, 2015, 16:01
I can open the pilots canopy using keyboard command of CTRL + E but I cannot seem to find any keyboard command for the Rio's (aft canopy).
I got lucky in the RIOs cockpit and on the right side forward I found a lever that raised/lowered the canopy. There is a similar lever in the pilots
cockpit that does the same thing. So it the only way to raise/lower the aft canopy is from inside the aft canopy?

DaveQ
July 17th, 2015, 22:23
Paintkit Question...

Seems the layered textures for the "J" nose are not in the just released paintkit, #071014. Anyone know if that will that be coming or should we make our own?

The black radome of the -E is in the SEA camo livery folder in a group called 'face', at the bottom of the stack. Is this what you need? You could repaint that and copy it into the -J livery group. For the RAF ones at least the static ports need adding.

Hope this helps

DaveQ

YoYo
July 17th, 2015, 22:26
I can open the pilots canopy using keyboard command of CTRL + E but I cannot seem to find any keyboard command for the Rio's (aft canopy).
I got lucky in the RIOs cockpit and on the right side forward I found a lever that raised/lowered the canopy. There is a similar lever in the pilots
cockpit that does the same thing. So it the only way to raise/lower the aft canopy is from inside the aft canopy?

Ctrl+E? Its a Shift+E and for RiO Shift+E+2.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_152_zpsloqbdxm9.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_151_zpszsoigzgk.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-4%20Phantom/MV_F-4_Phantom_150_zpsmihec3qp.jpg~original

Duckie
July 18th, 2015, 06:35
The black radome of the -E is in the SEA camo livery folder in a group called 'face', at the bottom of the stack. Is this what you need? You could repaint that and copy it into the -J livery group. For the RAF ones at least the static ports need adding.

Hope this helps

DaveQ

Hi Dave. No, but thanks. I was hoping for a an updated "J" model nose layered texture. It's texture #12. I got an answer on the F-4 forum but I don't understand it and I'm not going to ask again. I realize there's no support for it so I'm working on the beta paint kit texture, but it's a real mess and is Just taking time for me to set it up. Essentially I wil have made a new layered paint kit by the time I'm done, which may be never. Not sure it's worth the time or hassle for me. I took a chance the the "hybrid" J included with the E, which was the only model I was really interested in. My Bad! I should have been more patient and just waited on the "B". Lesson learned.

ZsoltB
July 18th, 2015, 06:45
http://kepkezelo.com/images/6lel76n8bvvu8hmuz9a.jpg
http://kepkezelo.com/images/mtad3h281ylptbvm49vo.jpg
http://kepkezelo.com/images/57473q55oggv4cs5hq.jpg