PDA

View Full Version : AF/ racer Corsair question

dc10boy
July 4th, 2015, 05:13
Hi All, for those of you that use the racer mod for the AF Corsair FDE, Do you also need to use the racer model along with the FDE?
Is this FDE more realistic than the newest FDE by Fliger747?
I'm just wondering which FDE gives the most realistic performance for an F4u1A
Thanks
Stan

Dumonceau
July 4th, 2015, 05:29
Hi All, for those of you that use the racer mod for the AF Corsair FDE, Do you also need to use the racer model along with the FDE?
Is this FDE more realistic than the newest FDE by Fliger747?
I'm just wondering which FDE gives the most realistic performance for an F4u1A
Thanks
Stan

Now that is a question of which I would like to know the answer as well!!

falcon409
July 4th, 2015, 06:01
If the Corsair on the racing site is used for "Racing" then that should answer your question, lol. My guess is that it has a somewhat heftier FDE for just that reason and probably not how a stock Corsair would fly. If fliger747 did one as well then I would try that one first although I never had any reservations about the original aircraft as it was.

fsxar177
July 4th, 2015, 07:10
Tom (fliger) gave us permission to use his FDE as the base on the 'Racer' version. (the original AF was just junk)

The racer model get's some flack, I think folks figure it's just a hopped up speed-demon. Actually, the aircraft is based a very stock, yet clean, FG-1D. The FDE was thoroughly upgraded in many areas, plus the addition of the RE systems.

So in short.. the racers version is the definitive full package.

Hope this helps!
- Joseph

fsxar177
July 4th, 2015, 07:16
The Handbook - Pg.2 (http://www.fsxairsports.com/air_racing/classes/unlimited/AF_FG-1D_Expansion/racers_handbook.pdf)

Paul Domingue
July 4th, 2015, 07:41
Fliger747,s FDs is the only one I can perform an Imelman with. IMO it's the best. If Mark had not have me try fliger,s I was going to adapt the FDs from the F4U-7 that can be found on the RFN site. Although written originally for FS9 the FDs are quite good as well as the model.