PDA

View Full Version : Under Development notice: Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter!

Firekitten
July 2nd, 2015, 14:15
Just saw this on the Virtualcol site... an Otter! finally :D

https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?modulogo=desarrollo

Bjoern
July 2nd, 2015, 14:37
Let's see how many reactions will be like "Yay, but I wanted it from developer xyz instead!".

(But at least it's gonna be fairly cheap!)

Firekitten
July 2nd, 2015, 14:39
Yeah... tbh I'll take it... Otter, turbo otter, variations... cheap. Win.

falcon409
July 2nd, 2015, 14:43
Let's see how many reactions will be like "Yay, but I wanted it from developer xyz instead!".
(But at least it's gonna be fairly cheap!)
I was tempted to complain about not getting a "Twin-Turbo" instead, lol. . .actually I have a few of their planes and they're perfect for my kind of flying so. . .bravo!

AussieMan
July 2nd, 2015, 14:45
Nothing wrong with Virtualcol. I have their Dash-8 and SAAB package and enjoy flying them.

Bushpounder
July 2nd, 2015, 14:46
I have their Dash and it's not a bad plane, and it didn't cost $50.00!! I'm looking forward to this! We need a FSX Otter, and from the looks of it, they have covered all the bases in types as well. Good move.

Don

Daveroo
July 2nd, 2015, 14:48
well i just would have preferred that the "Flapperteam" would have built one,it would have huge flaps that would that ..well flap..we all know its how it should be done...but those guys over at the "Aileron Twisters" would have done it so much better...........:eagerness:

looks at Bjoern..........hehehehe

Sundog
July 2nd, 2015, 14:55
Yeah, I've been wanting one of these forever and the fact that we're getting the turbine models as well is great. :)

Bjoern
July 2nd, 2015, 15:05
well i just would have preferred that the "Flapperteam" would have built one,it would have huge flaps that would that ..well flap..we all know its how it should be done...but those guys over at the "Aileron Twisters" would have done it so much better...........:eagerness:

looks at Bjoern..........hehehehe

The horsehead thing mentioned in the "old people" thread also applies to spoilt flight simmer brats. :a1310:

Anthin
July 2nd, 2015, 20:23
Hoping someone will do a Buffalo repaint.This
aircraft is sorely needed and finally we are getting
one.

Looking forward to the old piston pounder.

Anthin.:jump:

manfredc3
July 2nd, 2015, 21:32
I have their Fokker F50.

It is okay, but certainly not the greatest.

I also have their Cessna T303, which is actually not bad at all, and a joy to fly

donnybalonny
July 2nd, 2015, 23:40
I have the Saab package and its not even installed. I just never flew it.
The Otter is something completely different from what Virtualcol normally do. So that makes it interesting, but I really hope they improve on this one. If not, I think I pass even though IŽm a big fan of AC like this one. (especially the piston version)
Their socalled FF (friendly frames) means poor quality textures and Virtual cockpits and I hope they will just improve a little bit on that. The Saab is like sitting in the bathtub.

mgchrist5
July 3rd, 2015, 02:52
I'll take it! Glad to see they're modeling both the turbine and piston variants.

Firekitten
July 3rd, 2015, 03:13
On the bright side... if it is a bit crappy, I'm sure I can fix her up :D I probably will anyway texturewise.

b52bob
July 3rd, 2015, 06:09
They actually make some great aircraft that you can catch on sale for under ten bucks. Not the highest systems intensive experience but fun to fly with good visuals. I'm glad the we have a company like this around for us that can't afford pmdg quality models.

Daveroo
July 3rd, 2015, 07:04
The horsehead thing mentioned in the "old people" thread also applies to spoilt flight simmer brats. :a1310:

whut me spoilt?...nooooooooooooo...well maybe..........:adoration:

Wild Bill Kelso
July 3rd, 2015, 08:39
I have their Fokker F50.
It is okay, but certainly not the greatest.

So I assume we both own different versions? :biggrin-new:
Mine is far from being "okay", even considering the low price.
I've been warned before, but I wanted to find out if it's really that bad:
It simply is.

Cheers,
Markus.

donnybalonny
July 4th, 2015, 08:11
Ok, just a possitive update:

I got a mail from Virtualcol saying that with this release, they would try to make the virtual cockpit better than what they normally do.
They know very well that its not their strongest point and that they should try to make it better. They also said that its the project where they have invested most time so far.

So maybe, after all weŽll get a decent or nice flying Otter. Time will show