PDA

View Full Version : HC-97G / EC-97G Stratofreighters uploaded!

mjahn
June 29th, 2015, 04:41
These two are included in a general update (C-97 Update 2) available here at SOH, soon.

Edit, up now: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=1&id=19829

EC-97 repainters, please note that the white patch for the two blade aerials is on C97_01 just next to the cockpit windows. And there is an extra black patch for the belly pod on texture C97_03.

Hope I've put in everything needed...

FSX Boeing C-97G / EC-97G / HC-97G Stratofreighters and KC-97G Stratotanker update. Previous installation of basepack "FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta" required for Ted Wolfgang's soundset. This update adds the EC-97G and HC-97G Freighter models and modifies the (K)C-97G models to be able to use a GPU cart and a fire extinguisher bottle. Various issues have been addressed and some minor corrections are included as options.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/C-97_Update_2.jpg

Aharon
June 29th, 2015, 05:26
Awesome and thanks a zillion for your wonderful volunteer work!!

I notice the word Rescue on the tail of the plane on top of your screenshot. Where did this plane carry out rescue missions or do rescue patrols?

Regards,

Aharon

oleg_tr
June 29th, 2015, 06:28
Thank you Manfred! <spoiler>
</spoiler>

manfredc3
June 29th, 2015, 07:45
I am not the youngest of folks any more, but still too young to have seen these in real life.

Still, I am having a blast flying these monsters.

Thanks to Manfred and his team for providing these magnificent aircraft to the flight simulator community.

Happy flying,

Manfredc3 (No, not that one :biggrin-new:)

DaveB
June 29th, 2015, 08:13
Cracking job Manfred:ernaehrung004:

ATB
DaveB:)

jankees
June 29th, 2015, 08:34
Thank you, Manfred!

SSI01
June 29th, 2015, 08:39
Many thanks indeed, Manfred, for these beautiful additions to an outstanding package. Very well done, indeed!

Bomber_12th
June 29th, 2015, 08:40
Thank you Manfred!

Duckie
June 29th, 2015, 09:13
Thank you, Manfred!

NAVY DOC
June 29th, 2015, 09:19
Thank you
Lovin' all these goodies!:jump:

gray eagle
June 29th, 2015, 09:24
Thanks Manfred. :encouragement:

One question, was the ground start cart and fire bottle suppose to be included with update 2 or is that still a WIP?

oldmsgt
June 29th, 2015, 09:30
Thanks Manfred. :encouragement:

One question, was the ground cart and fire bottle suppose to be included with update 2 or is that still a WIP?

See "GPU" at the bottom of the monitor panel. Middle button to show, left or right for on/off.
Thank you Manfred, great job on these!!
:very_drunk: Cheers!
Old MSgt

gray eagle
June 29th, 2015, 11:17
See "GPU" at the bottom of the monitor panel. Middle button to show, left or right for on/off.
Thank you Manfred, great job on these!!
:very_drunk: Cheers!
Old MSgt

I found it, thanks. I forgot to "update" the panel folder which had the extra goodies on the monitor (SHIFT + 4) menu. :encouragement:
Thank you Manfred :)

http://i60.tinypic.com/4j9ybk.jpg

therealjambo
June 29th, 2015, 11:29
Thank You Manfred.:encouragement:

viper1977
June 29th, 2015, 11:45
Thank You Manfred!!

fuzz1
June 29th, 2015, 14:17
Many thanks Manfred. Excellent work. One thing though, after this most recent update I seem to have lost some clickspots on the monitor panel (help, speed placard, lower right blue buttons). Thought I followed all instructions but perhaps not. Before I reinstall everything from scratch just thought I'd check to see if there's a quick fix for this. Any tips would be appreciated. I noticed
the 'help' window has not been included in the most recent panel.cfg. Used to be Window02 in prior releases I believe.

usafvet
June 29th, 2015, 14:46
Awesome and thanks a zillion for your wonderful volunteer work!!

I notice the word Rescue on the tail of the plane on top of your screenshot. Where did this plane carry out rescue missions or do rescue patrols?

Regards,

Aharon

The 305th ARRS (Air Rescue and Recovery Squadron) initially was based at Selfridge AFB, Mi. The HC-97 replaced the earlier SA-16 Albatross, it is presently assigned to
Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Az, 1 October 1993 – present

Aharon
June 29th, 2015, 14:49
Thanks, Usafvet for answer!!

Regards,

Aharon

TiAr
June 29th, 2015, 14:49
From repainters side, all is fine. First i had problems with new top antennas on EC-97G, but I solved it (I didnīt know how). The new chin radar is on C97_3.dds (left down side). Thank you Strat-Team for great update.

http://up.picr.de/22397726xv.jpg

DaveB
June 29th, 2015, 15:01
Many thanks Manfred. Excellent work. One thing though, after this most recent update I seem to have lost some clickspots on the monitor panel (help, speed placard, lower right blue buttons). Thought I followed all instructions but perhaps not. Before I reinstall everything from scratch just thought I'd check to see if there's a quick fix for this. Any tips would be appreciated. I noticed
the 'help' window has not been included in the most recent panel.cfg. Used to be Window02 in prior releases I believe.

Concur with this mate;)
ATB

oldmsgt
June 29th, 2015, 17:05
Yes, agreed. I too seem to have lost those buttons as well.:icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

WND
June 29th, 2015, 17:13

Fuss1 & DaveB

I had the same issue when I first installed earlier this evening, What I did was completely delete my 'old' panel folder and installed the new panel folder that came with the update and it appears that issue went away.

I would also suggest - instead of using your "Shift" whatever keys to bring up all your menus - may I suggest using the respective 'help' click spots on each of the monitor panels for whatever you need: help / speed placard / power setting chart / GPS / reference chart etc etc. The 'blue buttons' on the 'misc' monitor panel actually don't do anything at this time..

Try that - let me know how you make out..

Bill

bpfowler
June 29th, 2015, 19:01
Similar issues with monitor; checklist doesnt render in frame, tho it opens in browser, but dang what a FUN plane.

Thanks to Team Strat and the painters, TAL and PAA are flying out of honolulu in p3d!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24672&stc=1

fuzz1
June 29th, 2015, 21:26
Fuss1 & DaveB

I had the same issue when I first installed earlier this evening, What I did was completely delete my 'old' panel folder and installed the new panel folder that came with the update and it appears that issue went away.

I would also suggest - instead of using your "Shift" whatever keys to bring up all your menus - may I suggest using the respective 'help' click spots on each of the monitor panels for whatever you need: help / speed placard / power setting chart / GPS / reference chart etc etc. The 'blue buttons' on the 'misc' monitor panel actually don't do anything at this time..

Try that - let me know how you make out..

Bill

Thanks for the suggestion Bill but no joy here with the suggested fix. Still have no click spots for the 'help' nor speed/power placards. Everything else seems to work fine however, within the monitor panel. I noticed my old panel folder contained a file jwb_xml_server.gau. I note the new panel folder in the latest update contains no such file....wonder if it has something to do with that. This does nothing to hamper my enjoyment of this fine aircraft but I do miss those placards.

Edit: Tried something else: I added back the Window02=Help entry under [Window Titles] in the panel.cfg together with the corresponding entry under the window section, i.e.,

[Window02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=660,727
pixel_size=660,727
position=4
visible=0
ident=10000
gauge00=Monitor!help, 0,0,660,727

And the click points and help placards are available once again! Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. I trust this doesn't mess with anything else ...all I know is my beloved placards are back.

mjahn
June 29th, 2015, 23:42
Oops, and here I thought I could be off on vacation... but this Monitor issue has got to be rectified. Yes, Fuzz1 is on to it, I inadvertently deleted the help section from the panel.cfg. Here is a replacement panel.cfg which should do the trick.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51024107/C97-Panelcfg.zip

I'll reupload the whole Update here, and I saw I also couldn't spell 'Stratofreighter' ... or the date.

Two more notes (and BTW many thanks for nice comments everyone).

"Bendyflyer" had a problem recovering from repeatedly excluding subpanels in Monitor by using the * symbol in the bottom line of Monitor > Flight. The rationale here is that L-clicks reduce the number of panels, down to just a single line, and R-clicks restore them. The tool tip has this info though.

TiAr: the texture patch for the two blade aerials on the EC-97 is in C97_01, between the cockpit windows (check in texture.22678). And perhaps recheck your source pics for 22687 ... it would be very unusual to have a patch of black protective paint on the right-hand side of the tailfin.

Thanks all,
Manfred

WND
June 29th, 2015, 23:45
Thanks for the suggestion Bill but no joy here with the suggested fix. Still have no click spots for the 'help' nor speed/power placards. Everything else seems to work fine however, within the monitor panel. I noticed my old panel folder contained a file jwb_xml_server.gau. I note the new panel folder in the latest update contains no such file....wonder if it has something to do with that. This does nothing to hamper my enjoyment of this fine aircraft but I do miss those placards.

Edit: Tried something else: I added back the Window02=Help entry under [Window Titles] in the panel.cfg together with the corresponding entry under the window section, i.e.,

[Window02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=660,727
pixel_size=660,727
position=4
visible=0
ident=10000
gauge00=Monitor!help, 0,0,660,727

And the click points and help placards are available once again! Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. I trust this doesn't mess with anything else ...all I know is my beloved placards are back.

Hey Fuzz:

I didn't have to do that - in fact my 'panel cfg' doesn't even have a 'window02' section - however to make sure your's is working correctly, if you pull down the 'help' menu on the 'misc' monitor panel - it should explain the new "BAT / GPU" section at the bottom of it..

EDIT: Well, apparently I spoke to soon - went back this morning to check everything and sure enough - mine wouldn't work either !! However, you where correct and as I've noticed Manfred has 'dropped' by and caught it / corrected it with an 'update' so we're 'good to go' !!!

TO EVERYONE:

Keep tabs (jot them down somewhere) on anything you find and keep them close by - Manfred has stepped away for a much needed break and I'm sure when he returns he will address ALL issue's that you have found - until then we'll try to help you resolve anything if we can..

Bill

mjahn
June 30th, 2015, 00:10
Thanks, Bill, for helping out. Just uploaded the patch above, and will re-upload the whole Update. That much time I have just bought ...

DaveB
June 30th, 2015, 00:32
The new panel.cfg has restored functionality to the Monitor panel Manfred. VMT:encouragement:

ATB

WND
June 30th, 2015, 00:56
The new panel.cfg has restored functionality to the Monitor panel Manfred. VMT:encouragement:

ATB

Good morning Dave:

Glad to hear your 'back in business' !! However could you check out something else for me ?

At least on my end, when I start and run for a while, it appears that my 'generators' don't come 'on line' and the battery slowly depletes itself. Could you check and see if yours does the same thing so I can determine if it's on 'my end' or not ??

Thanks;

Bill

menef
June 30th, 2015, 01:01
One more time THANK YOU to MJ and team for this new and precious GIFT :applause::applause::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

DaveB
June 30th, 2015, 01:02
Sure.. will do Bill:encouragement: Got your PM too;)

ATB

DaveB
June 30th, 2015, 01:38
Bill..

I've just run a test with the KC97. Startup from cold.. main bus 0, battery 24v. Battery on (MB 24v).. nav lights and beacon on .. cowls to TO then flashed all 4 up. MB to 28v, battery at 24v. Battery deselected on monitor and I let her run for in excess of 15mins. No drop in batt voltage. As a precaution.. I checked FSUIPC in case I had 'Extend battery life' selected (which I have in the past) but it was at the default setting.. unticked.

I presumed there'd be no difference between models but if you'd like me to test the HC/EC.. I'll be happy to do so;)
ATB

WND
June 30th, 2015, 01:53
Bill..

I've just run a test with the KC97. Startup from cold.. main bus 0, battery 24v. Battery on (MB 24v).. nav lights and beacon on .. cowls to TO then flashed all 4 up. MB to 28v, battery at 24v. Battery deselected on monitor and I let her run for in excess of 15mins. No drop in batt voltage. As a precaution.. I checked FSUIPC in case I had 'Extend battery life' selected (which I have in the past) but it was at the default setting.. unticked.

I presumed there'd be no difference between models but if you'd like me to test the HC/EC.. I'll be happy to do so;)
ATB

Dave:

NOPE !! That's fine what you did - apparently it's something on my end which I will investigate...

Thanks so much - I appreciate it..

Bill

usafvet
June 30th, 2015, 07:50
Thank you Manfred, wonderful aircraft!!! Looking forward to the "A" and "L" models!!!! Enjoy your vacation!

TiAr
July 1st, 2015, 14:38
Just uploaded repaint of EC-97G 0-22687, 7405th. Operations Squadron USAFE, 1963. Based a long time in Wiesbaden AB. The aircraft also operated to and from Berlin-Tempelhof, flying over East Germany within the protected airspace of the Berlin Air Corridor. As part of Project Pie Face, the gathering of photographic intelligence by mounting cameras of passenger carrying and transport aircraft, this EC-97G was early equipped with the famous 3.25-ton Big Bertha or Daisy Mae camera - it was the biggest camera for recon ever build. In 1964 red colors on fuselage, tail and wings were removed.

Downside fuselage windows are removed like real a/c. Spec and bump textures are modified.

http://up.picr.de/22415671tc.jpg

http://up.picr.de/22415672ch.jpg

manfredc3
July 1st, 2015, 21:15
Looking nice TiAr

Aharon
July 15th, 2015, 05:50
I'll reupload the whole Update here, and I saw I also couldn't spell 'Stratofreighter' ... or the date.

I cannot find the reuploaded update or is it same as FSX Boeing C-97 Update 2.zip dated June 30 as seen on this link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=37??

I need to look for update so that I can use new SUPER SHINY liveries offered by two livery painters Dave McQueen and Eagle and so that I can use cool de-icing feature on wings.

Regards,

Aharon