PDA

View Full Version : Rules for releasing missions with others planes etc in them.

dasuto247
June 28th, 2015, 13:09
I have some missions am putting finishing touches on, and more to come, just a time issue mainly.I have never done this at SOH so questions on rules/etiquette for releasing them on here for others to enjoy.

My missions use pretty much nothing stock.The planes are mostly planes and ships from this site.Noticed readmes say its fine to use these just no profiting, take it that means it is okay to include them in my release with credits in the readme? This applies to planes, objects, ships, scenery etc?

Rami
June 28th, 2015, 14:21
Dasuto247,

For the most part, yes. However, some authors request their specific written permission to do so, and occasionally you will be denied.

If you are going to use the files of a user here at SOH, it's always proper to get their permission beforehand. Download either the Fall Weiss campaign package or the 20th Fighter Group to see how I set up mine, if you wish.

dasuto247
July 3rd, 2015, 10:44
Dasuto247,

For the most part, yes. However, some authors request their specific written permission to do so, and occasionally you will be denied.

If you are going to use the files of a user here at SOH, it's always proper to get their permission beforehand. Download either the Fall Weiss campaign package or the 20th Fighter Group to see how I set up mine, if you wish.

Will do, thanks.

kelticheart
July 7th, 2015, 02:09
Hi Dasuto247,

another rule of thumb, that I've used often times, is to avoid uploading anything in your pack you are not 100% sure about the original owner's wishes.

Just place a link in your readme, so that anyone downloading your campaign/missions will be able to get on their own whatever you used.

Providing there are no restrictions applied to downloading addon materials, - such as sceneries, aircraft, vehicles, ships, various objects, whatever... - when we download directly from the original websites this stuff was posted to, we automatically respect all of the original creators' copyrights.

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004: