PDA

View Full Version : DC3 No Transponder

JohnBoy21
June 24th, 2015, 02:27
Hi Guys.
I really hope somebody can help me. My problem is this 1, I have set up complete cockpit, well it suits my purposes, using Saitek stuff. The XPDR function does not light up the screen on the Saitek Radio. Not a real problem when using FSX's ATC. But I have now installed Vox ATC and I fly the RAF (Just Flight) BBMF C47 Dakota. To use Vox ATC to its full it requires squawk codes. The Dakota does not have a transponder. Q1 Does anybody know how to make the Saitek XPDR function work. Q2 Does anybody know how to import a transponder (as a pop up panel) into my Dakota. Q3 Would the stand alone VRi Transponder unit give my Dakota a transder. I am using FSX on Windows 7
So here's hoping
John Boy

Bjoern
June 24th, 2015, 07:17
You could assign the Bendix radio from one of the default aircraft to the C-47 as a pop-up panel as I think that one has a transponder.

As for the Saitek panel: No idea.

Daveroo
June 24th, 2015, 08:03
seems im a little differant ,but just call saitek or email them.i have and theyre very helpfull.

JohnBoy21
June 24th, 2015, 14:45
You could assign the Bendix radio from one of the default aircraft to the C-47 as a pop-up panel as I think that one has a transponder.

As for the Saitek panel: No idea.
Thanks for that but how do I perform the assigning I am a computer numpty.

John Boy

JohnBoy21
June 24th, 2015, 14:48
seems im a little differant ,but just call saitek or email them.i have and theyre very helpfull.
Tried it. It seems that Saitek updated their drivers and this would appear to be the problem.

Bjoern
June 24th, 2015, 18:38
Thanks for that but how do I perform the assigning I am a computer numpty.

The basics can be googled.
How to add a sub window is explained here with FS9's GPS, but the process is the same for FSX (the installation folder path does differ though):
https://freedownload.s3.amazonaws.com/How_to_add_GPS.pdf

Entries for the radio stack as used on the default DHC-2 Beaver.

[Window Titles]
Window01=Radio Stack

[Window01]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,308
windowsize_ratio=1.5
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 180
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 217
gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0, 262

If you get stuck in the process, follow the standard problem solving algorithm: Think -> google it -> ask. :)