PDA

View Full Version : No More Nasty

OBIO
October 6th, 2008, 19:36
Thanks to GearyMcS, the nasty that had attacked my system is no longer. He sent me a boot disc with some really neat utilities on it and I was able to go in and disable the 2 .dll files that were keeping my system from running properly. Once I disabled them (by renaming them), the system ran just fine. Hooked it back on line, updated AVG anti-virus package, and once it updated it found those two .dll files and another file and smashed them (quarantined them deeply). So, now my system is working normally again. Going to do a full system scan now that AVG is updated fully, which will take a few hours...which gives me plenty of time to give the bathroom a good cleaning.

OBIO

Jagdflieger
October 6th, 2008, 19:39
Good news Obio. Where did those nasty little buggers come from?

Corsair Freak
October 6th, 2008, 19:44
Good to hear Obio, and thanks to GearyMcS for saving our artist's PC. :wiggle:

OBIO
October 6th, 2008, 20:52
Jag

I downloaded Paul Clawson's Martin Mariner PMB-5 from Games.softpedia.com (should have known better than to download from anyplace but the known trusted sites) and someone had booby trapped the plane with a nasty. I virus scanned the download 3 times, ran anti-spy ware on it...and it all came back clean. I unzipped it, installed it, and as soon as I fired the plane up...BOOM...got nailed.

And in no way am I implying that Paul was in any way responsible for the nasty.....I have downloaded and installed a huge number of his aircraft from Simviation.com, Flightsim.com and never had a problem. Some one had taken his Mariner and turned it into a hand granade.

OBIO

Hern07
October 6th, 2008, 21:34
How's your wife?

OBIO
October 6th, 2008, 22:09
She's doing better, but still not as good she was before the "stroke"...but she will get back to that point quickly now that the brain fluid and shunt are out of her head.

OBIO