PDA

View Full Version : Lake fire in SOCAL

trucker17
June 20th, 2015, 13:33
Some here know where i live here in SoCal.
Anyways, we got the message a 1/2 hour ago, to prepare to evacuate the area if needed.
The Lake fire here in SoCal is real close to home.
I will try and post here, if we have to evacuate.

orionll
June 20th, 2015, 13:36
Hope all is well. Things don't look great in flight sim either...

http://i.imgur.com/E4Mivo0.jpg

stovall
June 20th, 2015, 14:11
Good luck Craig, you are in my thoughts. Don't take any chances.

Daveroo
June 20th, 2015, 14:31
craig..stay safe bud...get yourself and amanda out before you need to...dont need to mess around...plus..the firefighters dont want ya there..not so much for your safety as so many think..but want ya "the hell out the way"....lol..sorry terrible fire and condi9tions,but ya do need some humor or thats stuff will eat ya up...stay safe.

Daveroo
June 20th, 2015, 14:34
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4302/

info here

Daveroo
June 20th, 2015, 14:41
me again..be sure and grab the KMZ file for google earth,its impressive..15,000 acres.

the dasy before eysterday i think..the tanker ten DC10 that was heading to,or in Alaska was moved back down to Oregon...then sent to this Lake Fire.

trucker17
June 20th, 2015, 14:43
Thats True Dave.
We have had that site on the computer since thursday. So far the word we get is to be ready to evac. I have the Motorhome here and loaded if we need to get out.
We have been under smoke since monday night.
Fire Crews are located at the end of our street, and up in Pioneer Town. I sure hop they can save Pioneer town. It the old movie set for the original Gunfight at the OK coral.....It would be sad to loose it.....
So for now we just sit and wait.

Paul Domingue
June 20th, 2015, 15:00
Thats True Dave.
We have had that site on the computer since thursday. So far the word we get is to be ready to evac. I have the Motorhome here and loaded if we need to get out.
We have been under smoke since monday night.
Fire Crews are located at the end of our street, and up in Pioneer Town. I sure hop they can save Pioneer town. It the old movie set for the original Gunfight at the OK coral.....It would be sad to loose it.....
So for now we just sit and wait.

Man I feel for you. I hope they get it under control. I watch for fires down here in San Diego County.

trucker17
June 20th, 2015, 15:07
I know we are always watching for fires here and on Vancouver Island.
The CFS Canadian Forest service has been busy getting another PBY ready for the season.

Daveroo
June 20th, 2015, 16:07
well if you will be driving north in that motorhome..you best come to auburn for a night..we have enough room for the homtorhome here..with good clean water and power....

trucker17
June 20th, 2015, 16:38
LOL....will do. Dave

Sundog
June 20th, 2015, 17:43
Whatever you do, stay safe and I hope the need for evac doesn't arise.

trucker17
June 20th, 2015, 18:34
We are hoping the same thing here.....

Jafo
June 20th, 2015, 19:06
When I saw 'Lake fire'.... I thought of Ballaarat in Victoria, Oz a few years ago.... http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/01/22/2471695.htm

That's an actual lake burning.

Victoria and California have the pleasure of sharing the kudos of being the bushfire centres of the world [and the Skycranes to help fight 'em]...;)

Daveroo
June 20th, 2015, 19:45
When I saw 'Lake fire'.... I thought of Ballaarat in Victoria, Oz a few years ago.... http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/01/22/2471695.htm

That's an actual lake burning.

Victoria and California have the pleasure of sharing the kudos of being the bushfire centres of the world [and the Skycranes to help fight 'em]...;)

well we in california have them S2Ts..awesome animals...you shoud have some....lol...did you know theres a peat island in the San Joaquin deltal thats been burning for a long long time...stuffs nasty...that one you linked to is pertty awesome...hope its out....they can take years to burnout

Daveroo
June 20th, 2015, 19:48
up to 16,000 in just a short time..

The Lake Fire was reported just before 4:00 pm on June 17, 2015. It is burning in the Barton Flats area and in the northern portion of the San Gorgonio Wilderness. Highway 38 is closed between Angelus Oaks to Lake Williams. Evacuations include: Areas east of Angelus Oaks, Onyx Summit, Barton Flats, Seven Oaks, Heart Bar and homes off of Rainbow Lane. All Hiking Trails into the San Gorgonio Wilderness Area have been closed due to the proximity of the fire to these trails. The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) is closed from Whitewater Preserve to Onyx Summit.

The cause of the fire is under investigation. It is approximately 16,000 acres in size and burning in timber. It is currently 15% contained. There are approximately 500 structures threatened, however no structures are believed to be damaged or destroyed at this time.

The Morongo Valley and Pioneertown Areas have receive smoke from this fire. THERE ARE NO EVACUATION ORDERS FOR THESE AREA AT THIS TIME

Fire within the wilderness is low intensity allowing the firefighters to gain safe ground to effectively attack the fire. Overall the growth of the fire is slow. Additional efforts include hose lays and retardant and water drops from aircraft.
Tonight portions on the southern edge of the fire may be visible to communities of Forest Falls. Crews will continue to work through the night and morning on containment efforts.

Heavy smoke remains in the area and the Southern California Air Quality Management District has issued a Smoke Advisory for those areas. Click on the link for additional information:http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/4302/25151/

Resources on scene include:
121 engines
5 air tankers
16 helicopters (including night-flying)
1 air attack plane
47 crews
14 water tenders
7 dozers

Fire management is under Unified Command with, Cal Fire, San Bernardino County Fire and San Bernardino County Sheriff. The Incident Command Post has been moved to the Big Bear High school.

b52bob
June 21st, 2015, 05:30
I really really feel for you. I was the manager of an Rv park in Ramona when we had the big fire. Burned right up the canyon of hwy 78 and through the park. It was funny (NOT) how it burned one place but missed some of the most flammable buildings. We got everyone out (we had 30 min to pack up and leave). Some people wanted to stay but as we found out later, they would have died, if not for the heat it would be the lack of oxygen. Please be safe and follow the fire people's instruction. We will be praying for you.
Bob

trucker17
June 21st, 2015, 06:11
Thanks Bob.
We are still at home, we spent mosy of the night watching the glow coming from the other side of the mountain.

trucker17
June 22nd, 2015, 12:10
The fire has now consumed more then 17,000 acres.
we are still on watch and are ready to go if needed.
So far no evac notice has been issued.....
Keeping fingers crossed that it stays that way.

trucker17
June 22nd, 2015, 17:10
Here is my location in relation to the fire.
The Black outline is whats contained so far.
http://i.imgur.com/NdwIJOr.jpg (http://imgur.com/NdwIJOr)