PDA

View Full Version : Cessna T-37 Tweety Bird Repaint Request

rdaniell
June 14th, 2015, 15:51
Back in the late 1950s and early 1960s, my father worked on T-37s at Bainbridge Air Base, Bainbridge, Georgia. They were unpainted metal with only the black glare shield.
I'm putting out a plea to the talented "skinners" here at the Outhouse. Would any of you be willing to do this scheme for me?

I would greatly appreciate it if one of you would take this request.

Thanks...

RD

WarHorse47
June 14th, 2015, 15:57
Can't help you with any repaint, but you got me curious. I didn't know there was a T-37 for FSX. Which model is it for?

rdaniell
June 14th, 2015, 16:40
Can't help you with any repaint, but you got me curious. I didn't know there was a T-37 for FSX. Which model is it for?
It's the Flight1 T-37 that was originally designed for 2002. IIRC, our own Jamal is one of the developers. It was updated for 2044(FS9) and I ported it over to FSX. Falcon409 even has a copy working in P3D. I think it was sometime last year when I asked my annual question about a native FSX T-37 that someone posted that it would work in FSX with several limitations.

Heck! I can live with nothing being clickable in the vc.

RD

WarHorse47
June 14th, 2015, 16:55
Thanks.

I have the FS9 Microsim version and was wondering if you were successful in porting it over to FSX.

Mach3DS
June 14th, 2015, 17:14
I would love to strip the paint off the airplane for you! Sadly I was never able to purchase it before it went away... Is it by chance freeware yet?

falcon409
June 14th, 2015, 17:27
I would love to strip the paint off the airplane for you! Sadly I was never able to purchase it before it went away... Is it by chance freeware yet?
That was suggested and discussed some time ago in here but I think Flight1 still has some connection to the aircraft so I think it was dropped as no one seemed to know how to proceed. Technically it's still considered payware despite no longer being available. Logic dictates that it should be released as freeware. . .but that's my logic, lol, no one elses.

rdaniell
June 14th, 2015, 17:39
Thanks.

I have the FS9 Microsim version and was wondering if you were successful in porting it over to FSX.

Check your p.m.s

RD

Daveroo
June 14th, 2015, 21:53
well this stinks,,i have a payware version .the t-37.com one?..i have no idea of who made it,what its called..on and on...my pc i had...like the next to wouldnt run it..but i absolutly love the T-37,and would love to have one in my currant setup.anyone remember what the name was?..i mean who or where i might have bought it from..i thought it was www.t-37.com...but i cant find anything even with playing with the addy.

falcon409
June 15th, 2015, 04:26
well this stinks,,i have a payware version .the t-37.com one?..i have no idea of who made it,what its called..on and on...my pc i had...like the next to wouldnt run it..but i absolutly love the T-37,and would love to have one in my currant setup.anyone remember what the name was?..i mean who or where i might have bought it from..i thought it was www.t-37.com...but (http://www.t-37.com...but) i cant find anything even with playing with the addy.
The one we're discussing is the one you have and the only one that was ever produced as payware. It was originally sold through Flight1 but it's no longer available. This is an old model that was built by two individuals that were going through UPT for the Air Force. It was coded specifically to allow them to sharpen their skills with the T-37 so all systems were to function as the real jet. Unfortunately as the model has been brought forward from FS9, then FSX and now even P3D that coding (in most cases) no longer functions. Specifically startup and gauge functions. We diehards have worked around some of the problems in order to have a T-37 we can fly. Don't expect everything to work if you install and much of what's required to use it has been trial and error. . .a lot of trial and error.

Dumonceau
June 15th, 2015, 05:12
I for one would love that paint! And while I'm at it, a paint for the tiptanks version to look like a Vietnam USAF A-37B would be lovely!

Cheers,

Johan

falcon409
June 15th, 2015, 05:37
You mean like this?

Dumonceau
June 15th, 2015, 05:44
Already in there, more like this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24145&stc=1

Johan

Dumonceau
June 15th, 2015, 05:50
Or even low viz:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24146&stc=1

Johan

PS: I'm sorry, I can't help myself... I'll stop! ;)

falcon409
June 15th, 2015, 05:57
Already in there, more like this:
Johan
So you're looking for a specific repaint. . . because the one in the package is of the 520th Fighter Squadron, Binh Thuy AB. The base I was stationed at in the late 60's.

spins_vmfa321
June 15th, 2015, 14:18
If I had some of the old documentation, I would love to bring this back and have the coding updated. I still have the model, as well. A number of people have asked me if and when it could be updated/re-released, and it's definitely something I'm excited about.

After I've burned through some of my other projects (Phantom, Super Hornet, Legacy Hornet, TacPacking Milviz stuff), I'll definitely see if Alex would be interested in doing this in conjunction with our follow up.

Thanks alot for the continued interest, guys! Means alot!

Semper,
Jamal

rdaniell
June 15th, 2015, 23:41
If I had some of the old documentation, I would love to bring this back and have the coding updated. I still have the model, as well. A number of people have asked me if and when it could be updated/re-released, and it's definitely something I'm excited about. After I've burned through some of my other projects (Phantom, Super Hornet, Legacy Hornet, TacPacking Milviz stuff), I'll definitely see if Alex would be interested in doing this in conjunction with our follow up. Thanks alot for the continued interest, guys! Means alot! Semper, Jamal

Jamal, I can't speak for anybody else but, that would make this "ole man" very happy. :redfire: I've never had the opportunity to fly in a Tweet; however, I do have wonderful memories of sitting in the cockpit as a boy and dreaming about it.

I just recently received a beautiful solid wood model which completed my collection of the airplanes that my father once worked on at Bainbridge back in the late 1950s and early 1960s. ( T-28, T-34, and T-37). An update of the FS T-37 would complete my FSX collection.

Thanks.

RD

Dumonceau
June 16th, 2015, 01:17
If I had some of the old documentation, I would love to bring this back and have the coding updated. I still have the model, as well. A number of people have asked me if and when it could be updated/re-released, and it's definitely something I'm excited about.

After I've burned through some of my other projects (Phantom, Super Hornet, Legacy Hornet, TacPacking Milviz stuff), I'll definitely see if Alex would be interested in doing this in conjunction with our follow up.

Thanks alot for the continued interest, guys! Means alot!

Semper,
Jamal

Now that is brilliant news! Thanks Jamal!

Johan