PDA

View Full Version : Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Pages : [1] 2

Tim-HH
June 13th, 2015, 09:00
They have posted this picture on their Facebook page :applause:

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150613/ilxqkk4p.jpg

Greetings
Tim

ksheadley
June 13th, 2015, 09:11
Oh man, between A2A and Milviz with the Commanche, the MU-2, and now the Beaver........dang my wallet is going to be empty

Daveroo
June 13th, 2015, 09:25
thats cool...is that float system more accurate to the removable type? never seen that before..its pretty cool

kiki
June 13th, 2015, 11:23
I've been waiting for a Beaver for so long Timo. Never went to the Aerosoft Beaver, but this might find a Place in my hangar.

ViperPilot2
June 13th, 2015, 12:11
I would hope that they'll remove the Stock Landing Gear from the fuselage...

EDIT: daveroo -- While it may give the Beaver an 'interesting' look, it isn't a realistic configuration.

Alan :dizzy:

Katoun
June 13th, 2015, 12:23
Hi,

There will be three and possibly four options for gear:

regular

tundra

floats

maybe ski's

Thank you

Kat.

jankees
June 13th, 2015, 12:28
very nice!

dvj
June 13th, 2015, 12:29
Hope it's a good as the FSX default Beaver! :applause:

roger-wilco-66
June 13th, 2015, 13:09
Great news, a must-have!

Cheers,
Mark

Rudyjo
June 13th, 2015, 13:13
Now here's something that I will really look forward to.
There's been a lot of requests for a well made bush plane, thanks milviz for listening.

PRB
June 13th, 2015, 13:37
Nice! The Aerosoft Beaver for FS9 was one of my favorites from "way back". The stock FSX DHC2 is actually quite nice, but I liked the options for wheels, and BIG wheels, too.

ryanbatc
June 13th, 2015, 13:54
Amphib too hopefully?

Sweet!

Tako_Kichi
June 13th, 2015, 13:55
Nice! The Aerosoft Beaver for FS9 was one of my favorites from "way back". The stock FSX DHC2 is actually quite nice, but I liked the options for wheels, and BIG wheels, too.
The FSX version of the Aerosoft Beaver was the first add-on I got for FSX way back when and it has remained in my 'active' hangar ever since and still sees air time.

Lane Street
June 13th, 2015, 14:11
As nice as this will be, what we need is a good TurBeaver. Maybe they will do that next?????

Actually the default Beaver is pretty good.

It aughta be given that MS spent over 100 hours with the real one, including almost blowing up the engine while recording sounds.

The only roadblock to this one will be the Mistress of Finance.

cheers,
Lane

Katoun
June 13th, 2015, 15:48
Hi,

Note that the reason it is a bit funny looking is that all the types of gear and floats are showing.

Thank you.

Kat.

Anthin
June 13th, 2015, 16:12
This is great news.Hope they show a bit of wear in the cockpit.
You can never have too many Beves.

Anthin.

Portia911
June 13th, 2015, 17:50
Hi,

Note that the reason it is a bit funny looking is that all the types of gear and floats are showing.

Thank you.

Kat.

That's a "yes" to your question then, Ryan. Definitely amphib wheels there at the front of the floats in that OP pic. This project is straight onto my Wishlist! :applause:

seejay
June 13th, 2015, 18:20
I would rather they had done a Norseman or an Aztec. :sorrow:
CJ

Bushpounder
June 13th, 2015, 18:22
Ditto on that Aztec, Seejay! :) I sure hope they get some r/w Beaver pilots to test it. They do not fly like regular planes. Milviz does nice work, so I know it will be done right.

Don

rich12545
June 13th, 2015, 19:01
I have the Aerosoft Beaver and really like it. It's one of the three aircraft I fly most often. It will be interesting to see how this compares when it's done.

Bushpounder
June 13th, 2015, 19:49
You have to do a ski version. Those are VERY popular. Do you have more pictures to share? Looks nice so far!

Don

donnybalonny
June 14th, 2015, 01:08
Its great they make a bush plane. Thanks and thumbs up. BUT, the Aerosoft beaver is actually a very nice plane with good flight dynamics. As others here, I´ve had it since fs2004 and the FSX gets plenty of time in FSX and P3D.

I would soooooo much have prefered a good Norseman.

thefrog
June 14th, 2015, 02:06
>>the Aerosoft beaver is actually a very nice plane with good flight dynamics. As others here, I´ve had it since fs2004 and the FSX gets plenty of time in FSX and P3D.

but the vc is quite dated now so it would be great to have one with state-of-the-art graphics from Milviz.

Lane Street
June 14th, 2015, 07:40
but the vc is quite dated now so it would be great to have one with state-of-the-art graphics from Milviz.

While waiting for the MilViz model, it is quite easy to use the default VC with the Aerosoft model.

cheers,
Lane

roger-wilco-66
June 15th, 2015, 07:59
Ditto here on the Nordyn Norseman.
Any aircraft with a name like that deserves to be modeled.

Cheers,
Mark

YoYo
June 15th, 2015, 08:44
More is here:

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10007236_940106876033688_279031305383501307_o.png

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1276956_940106882700354_6782938430716960728_o.jpg

JimmyRFR
June 15th, 2015, 12:32
Oh boy, oh boy.... I can't wait for this. Very excited.

Perhaps a successful Beaver will convince MV to explore bush planes a little more. That'd be superb. :)

(I've mentioned it before somewhere, but I have good photo access to a perfectly restored Noorduyn Norseman, and would be more than willing to spend time taking pics of details for any dev that would ask.)

DaveB
June 15th, 2015, 13:03
I don't want to pour scorn as I'm sure this will be stunning but I have a perfectly good Aerosoft Beaver I rarely fly that comes in so many versions.. I've had to get rid of them in the aircraft.cfg to improve 'Select Aircraft' load times!! A Norseman I'd be very interested in;) Honestly can't see why MV went for a Beaver but I'm sure they know what they're doing. Happily for me.. my card is safe:)

ATB
DaveB:)

Katoun
June 15th, 2015, 14:15
Hi,

We've asked Rob Young of Realair to do the FDE for this plane.

Colin says you might want to keep that card handy.

Thank you.

Kat.

Javis
June 15th, 2015, 19:19
http://sectionf8.com/f86files/ottobeaver.jpg

Epilogue: only one good DHC-3 Otter model residing in the MSFS crypts (possibly FS2K) then completely forgotten... These days you'd have to divert to XPlane to fly this great workhorse. Ashame really...

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/1166418.jpg

I'll take that new Beaver anyway ( great that Rob will do the FD's :encouragement: ) but i would've payed twice the price for a new Otter !

Alan_A
June 15th, 2015, 20:46

Well, you've got me as a customer based on that alone.

Though if you ever do get around to an Otter, I'll be right behind Javis in line for one.

Really looking forward to a Rob Young-tuned bushplane...

SRAces
June 16th, 2015, 11:42
Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

Looking forward to this Beaver to replace the Aerosoft bird. I've been flying the Aerosoft version for quite some time. While it is a decent aircraft, it lacks the quality details. Looking for to the MU-2 as well and hope that it might move forward at some point. The Flysimware MU-2 isn't worth what they want for it.

alehead
June 16th, 2015, 11:48
I have been secretly hoping for some time that someone would pick up the DHC2. Rob Young doing the FDE is a great reason to buy...

Looking forward to seeing this develop.

A

Andrew Entwistle

MarkH
June 16th, 2015, 13:23
Last year Aerosoft announced a Beaver Extended for 2015, although no current indication of progress beyond 'not forgotten'.

henrystreet
June 16th, 2015, 14:01
A really nice Beaver model just came out for X-Plane...wondering if that model is related to the "fast track"? We've seen a lot of models go from FSX to X-Plane...would be a great boon to X-Plane devs to see a model go this direction.

cavaricooper
June 16th, 2015, 18:09
THAT MAKES IT A MUST BUY FOR ME....

Best- C

Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

fsxar177
June 16th, 2015, 18:39
Mr. Young would certainly be among the top 3 geniuses of the FDE world.

- Joseph

Portia911
June 16th, 2015, 19:31
A really nice Beaver model just came out for X-Plane...wondering if that model is related to the "fast track"? We've seen a lot of models go from FSX to X-Plane...would be a great boon to X-Plane devs to see a model go this direction.

Good point, I've also noticed the 'one-way traffic' from FSX to X-Plane. Be nice if the recent Norseman and Bandierante developed 'there' might find their way over 'here' in the near future!

donnybalonny
June 16th, 2015, 23:43
Be nice if the recent Norseman and Bandierante developed 'there' might find their way over 'here' in the near future!

Exaxtly. Its impressing how the FSX "industry" always has to play safe with releases of the same old story again and again. (Highwing cessnas, Lowwing Pipers, Alaska and eastcoast US scenery etc. etc. etc. zzzzzz)
The Cessnas, Pipers, Beavers are important, but how many do we need?
Ahhh and that DHC-3 otter is a beauty. We need a classic single engine bushplane that is bigger than the Beaver.

snow_white
June 17th, 2015, 08:58
Well, you've got me as a customer based on that alone.

Really looking forward to a Rob Young-tuned bushplane...

Same here. was really not interested in this from Milviz, till the name Rob Young surfaced, so now I just might get this one. (Still would have liked A2A accusim version), but this seem to will have to do for now.

hairyspin
June 17th, 2015, 10:33
...how the FSX "industry" always has to play safe with releases of the same old story again and again...

Payware developers build what they believe will sell and if they depend on the sales for all or part of their living then they better build what sells, despite whatever anyone else may "need." Sometimes they get it wrong and sales don't even recoup the necessary expenditure of time and money. I'd like a systems-intensive, millimetre-perfect Westland Whirlwind fighter with completely authentic sounds and flight model, but is anyone going to build it for me? Especially since there are none extant, never mind flying, to check the model against. Oh, and I'd like it for under 15 quid, thank you very much. :dizzy:

I wish Milviz well with this model, even if it isn't my cup of Oolong Formosa.

Lane Street
June 17th, 2015, 12:13
The Cessnas, Pipers, Beavers are important...

Due respect, anyone who puts the Beaver in the same class as Cessnas and Pipers has never met a Beaver.

A Beaver can carry a Skyhawk or a Cherokee.

cheers,
Lane

donnybalonny
June 17th, 2015, 23:53
Due respect, anyone who puts the Beaver in the same class as Cessnas and Pipers has never met a Beaver.

A Beaver can carry a Skyhawk or a Cherokee.

cheers,
Lane

Your post is sooooo internet. Taking a small part of someone elses post, twist it, take it out of its context and use it to move your own flag. Was it nescessary?

My point was only, that i dont buy AC addons if I already have the same model and I like it and I can see from others posts that I´m not the only one. The Milviz Beaver will be on the "maybe one day" list. A Norseman or an DHC3 Norseman would have entered directly in the "I want this" list.
I´m pretty sure that most of those liking Beavers and would have bought a high quality Norseman or Otter if they had a chance.

JimmyRFR
June 18th, 2015, 08:25
(snipped)... even if it isn't my cup of Oolong Formosa.

Heh, I like that phrase.

Well, the DHC-2 definitely is my cup of Oolong Formosa. I happen to be quite a DHC fan though, and have pretty tried much every DHC model that's ever been released for FSX. When AS redid their Twin Otter, I was ecstatic, as the new version is a step up from the old in so many ways. I was hoping for them to do the same with their Beaver as well. But now it seems that I don't have to wait, and that makes me happy.

I have no problem with the repetition of models within the simulator, as long as the new release has something to offer that the older did not.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a nice DHC-3 down the road. :)

While I'm on that, I'd also like a current spec Caribou and Buffalo as well....

Yes, I'd likely buy a Norseman if a top notch release came out, but I don't think I'd be as excited about it.

heywooood
June 18th, 2015, 18:21
Its a definite purchase for me - I almost bought the old Aerosoft one a few times because the default FSX one has no wheels (among other issues)...but I always stopped short because I really wanted to wait until
a really good one came along. Not that the Aerosoft Beaver isn't good. The truth is, I don't know what its like as there are virtually no remarks about it on this or any other FSX forum.

By now however I am sure that it is too long in the tooth to compare with something under development today.

I expect Milviz will do it proud, with the accurate start up procedure and flight model so, for me, its a buy.

...A DHC-3 Otter, a Norseman, a Caribou, these all would be welcome too.

Bjoern
June 19th, 2015, 04:52
This thread is about a DHC-2 project and yet some cry out for a different aircraft. What in the f'in kitchen of hell is wrong with you people?!
Geez...

thefrog
June 19th, 2015, 05:33
This thread is about a DHC-2 project and yet some cry out for a different aircraft. What in the f'in kitchen of hell is wrong with you people?!
Geez...
Well I wish they were making a Boeing 737-800 instead.....

(not)

heywooood
June 19th, 2015, 07:03
Geez...

I ate there yesterday - Scottish restaurant - serve mostly variations of haggis...service was terrible, all those pitchforks..but the atmosphere was as sulfurous and hot as the food..two f'n thumbs up from this satisfied customer!

aeronca1
June 19th, 2015, 07:42
Geez...

I see a lot of people excited about what will likely be an outstanding release. My take is that everyone wishes Milviz success in this genre. Success to the point they will consider another project along the same lines. I will buy the DHC-2, and would ALSO buy a DHC-3!

falcon409
June 19th, 2015, 07:50
Geez...
Bjoern, it seems to be a common thread (pardon the pun) that when a WIP or release thread is opened, everyone politely responds with how great it is to see this project coming, and then get down to the business of decrying the fact that it wasn't actually, this plane or that plane. I don't think they can help themselves really.

Bjoern
June 19th, 2015, 08:09
Bjoern, it seems to be a common thread (pardon the pun) that when a WIP or release thread is opened, everyone politely responds with how great it is to see this project coming, and then get down to the business of decrying the fact that it wasn't actually, this plane or that plane. I don't think they can help themselves really.

Yeah, this is what I think, too.

Why not save the wishes for an occasion when a developer asks what aircraft to tackle for the next project or one of those annoying threads about "Why don't we have airplane X?"/"We really need airplane Y!"/"It would be nice if someone did airplane Z."?

I bet if someone complained about how they worked their butt off to get their kid(s) present ABC for their birthday and got complaints in return because it wasn't present DEF instead, the person would get all the sympathy in the world with endless suggestions how those spoilt brats should be brought back to reality. (In this case, I'd suggest three weeks of stock FSX and five months of painting and/or modeling and/or programming as an initial cure.)

JimmyRFR
June 19th, 2015, 08:09
I ate there yesterday - Scottish restaurant - serve mostly variations of haggis...service was terrible, all those pitchforks..but the atmosphere was as sulfurous and hot as the food..two f'n thumbs up from this satisfied customer!

But.... I love haggis....

Well, good haggis that is. I realize than to some there is no differentiation, but good haggis is wonderful.

And yes, I have a Scottish background.

Half Scottish / half Dutch, it's amazing I spend any money at all on flight sim stuff. :)

falcon409
June 19th, 2015, 08:14
Yeah, this is what I think, too. . . . . . . .
(In this case, I'd suggest three weeks of stock FSX and five months of painting and/or modeling and/or programming as an initial cure.)
lol, I know that would certainly cure me, lol

Daveroo
June 19th, 2015, 10:53
Geez...

what i see is alot of guys,in a forum meant to be a place where its safe to "talk to eachother and to give opinions" ,talking about what a great plane,this beaver,excuse me..DHC-2 will be..and then they are also talking to their friends about what planes they have currently or in the past that are the same subject or similar to the beaver,and what other planes they would like to see..if you want a commercial forum about new planes (scenery,what ever addons)that doesn't allow any negative comments about the product,and certainly no comments about "wishlist" planes...then ask Ickie to add a new forum section for that,with rules..then let the rest of us use the forums to visit and talk about "things" related to simulator flying..

im sure you will now give me a stern talking to about how wrong i am..so have at it....

ViperPilot2
June 19th, 2015, 11:06
Hopefully, Mr. Young has had some front seat time in a Dash 2, in order to accurately replicate how the Amik flies.

Remember... 36# M.P. & 2300 RPM for 1' on Takeoff... :biggrin-new:

Alan :encouragement:

Rudyjo
June 19th, 2015, 12:23
what i see is alot of guys,in a forum meant to be a place where its safe to "talk to eachother and to give opinions" ,talking about what a great plane,this beaver,excuse me..DHC-2 will be..and then they are also talking to their friends about what planes they have currently or in the past that are the same subject or similar to the beaver,and what other planes they would like to see..if you want a commercial forum about new planes (scenery,what ever addons)that doesn't allow any negative comments about the product,and certainly no comments about "wishlist" planes...then ask Ickie to add a new forum section for that,with rules..then let the rest of us use the forums to visit and talk about "things" related to simulator flying..

im sure you will now give me a stern talking to about how wrong i am..so have at it....
The only stern talking you will get from me is that you are 100% correct.

donnybalonny
June 19th, 2015, 12:55
The only stern talking you will get from me is that you are 100% correct.

And I agree as well.
Thumbs up to the Milviz Beaver. May they sell a ton of them so that they realize that they need to make an Otter and a Norseman as well. Old chubby bushplanes with radial engines IS the future of flight simming.:applause:

PRB
June 19th, 2015, 14:51
Geez...

Dammit, where's the "like" button for this post? :)

CG_1976
June 19th, 2015, 14:59
​I could sure use a Beaver or Twin Otter atm at Lake Meade. Darn Heat/Sun here err.

Bjoern
June 19th, 2015, 15:41

The "No negative comments and no wishlists" forum sounds like a great idea. Don't forget to make me a moderator in it.
Requesting an aircraft? Banned.
Nitpicking on an add-on? Banned and internet access revoked.
Using a product announcement thread for requesting a different aircraft? Banned, internet access revoked, payware deleted.

It'd be fun (for me)!

Javis
June 19th, 2015, 16:54
Geez...

Be quiet and finish washing those dishes

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/diish.jpg

Daveroo
June 19th, 2015, 20:26
The "No negative comments and no wishlists" forum sounds like a great idea. Don't forget to make me a moderator in it.
Requesting an aircraft? Banned.
Nitpicking on an add-on? Banned and internet access revoked.
Using a product announcement thread for requesting a different aircraft? Banned, internet access revoked, payware deleted.

It'd be fun (for me)!

lol...yes it was you i was thinking of....:biggrin-new:

Bushpounder
June 20th, 2015, 02:59
If you don't want people to write what they want, just lock the thread after you post it. ABC is building a F-82G -LOCKED. BOOM! No more input from anyone. Sometimes what people write actually do get the gears moving and do get other projects into a think tank. You all are reacting way too much over a game. If what someone writes after an announcement really bothers you that much, I would quit reading the thread after the first post. Big picture - does it really matter?

Don

Bjoern
June 20th, 2015, 04:34
Be quiet and finish washing those dishes

Only if you go back to the DC-3 den and finish up some new screenshots. I want an opportunity to post how I actually want a Martin 4-0-4 instead. ;)

lol...yes it was you i was thinking of....:biggrin-new:

Good...good.

DaveB
June 20th, 2015, 05:34
Agree Don. I think some members forget that this is a 'Forum'.. not a notice board:biggrin-new:

ATB
DaveB:)

Dumonceau
June 20th, 2015, 07:01

Nope, 150% agreed!

Dumonceau
June 20th, 2015, 07:03
Dammit, where's the "like" button for this post? :)

Seriously, a like button would be nice on this forum!

Ickie, you listening??? :D

fsxar177
June 20th, 2015, 10:38
There is a 'like' of sorts..

At the top of the thread, on the right. See... 'Rate this thread', and give it some stars!

- J

heywooood
June 20th, 2015, 10:50
There is a 'like' of sorts..

At the top of the thread, on the right. See... 'Rate this thread', and give it some stars!

- J

yes well thats for the thread - not the post....PRB wants to like posts

personally - I hate everything about this thread...except the funny bits...and the Beaver - I like the Beaver...and the haggis..sometimes

PRB
June 20th, 2015, 10:58
Seriously, a like button would be nice on this forum!

Ickie, you listening??? :D

No, actually not serious. Sort of light hearted, as I was amused by the post I was quoting. Thought the " :) " would so indicate, but it's not always effective...

Javis
June 20th, 2015, 21:37
Only if you go back to the DC-3 den and finish up some new screenshots.

Still assigning code that Mike sends me. Wouldn't make much sense posting screenshots of animated needles, levers, knobs and switches,would it.

I want an opportunity to post how I actually want a Martin 4-0-4 instead. ;)

Actually MAAM has a Martin 404. If we would've been able to find a way to continue we would've loved to get at it.

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/404_1.jpg

Btw, if you're done with the dishes you can start serving a busload of spoiled brats that has just arrived. :teapot:

Bjoern
June 21st, 2015, 05:38
Still assigning code that Mike sends me. Wouldn't make much sense posting screenshots of animated needles, levers, knobs and switches,would it.

XML is my fourthj language, so I'm be expecting a bunch of gifs of animated needles.

Btw, if you're done with the dishes you can start serving a busload of spoiled brats that has just arrived. :teapot:

Lemme just grab my frying pan or a baseball bat...

hairyspin
June 21st, 2015, 07:59
Lemme just grab my frying pan or a baseball bat...

Frying pan is better. Baseball bat makes a dull thwock sorta noise; pan is audibly much more satisfying. They can be temporarily deafened as well as stunned and all the others notice. Yep, frying pan is the one... :dizzy:

Bjoern
June 21st, 2015, 10:04
Frying pan is better. Baseball bat makes a dull thwock sorta noise; pan is audibly much more satisfying. They can be temporarily deafened as well as stunned and all the others notice. Yep, frying pan is the one... :dizzy:

Plus it can be swung like a tennis racket. The 8 years of training from my youth will finally come to good use.

Now where are those spoilt brats?!

Coooooome...

Coooooome...

Oh, wait.

*Ahem*

MILVIZ IS WORKING ON A 737-300 AND JUST CANCELED THEIR F-4 PROJECT!

A2A IS WORKING ON A CESSNA 182 RG!

AEROPLANE HEAVEN DITCHED THEIR BRITISH FLOP JET PROJECTS FOR A DC-9!

CARENADO STILL NOT WORKING ON THAT DUMB GA AIRCRAFT YOU ALL WANT!

fsxar177
June 21st, 2015, 10:32
Plus it can be swung like a tennis racket. The 8 years of training from my youth will finally come to good use.

Now where are those spoilt brats?!

Coooooome...

Coooooome...

Oh, wait.

*Ahem*

Ah... you didn't mention our B-25. Now I'm saddened!

- Joseph

hairyspin
June 21st, 2015, 10:42
*Ahem*

http://images.sodahead.com/slideshows/000011731/3842294094_tumblr_lnqqffy3zm1qahmy6o1_500_thumb-52260680730_xlarge.png
PANGGGGG!!

Bjoern! Bjoern???

steve speerly
August 28th, 2015, 11:46
I don't want to pour scorn as I'm sure this will be stunning but I have a perfectly good Aerosoft Beaver I rarely fly that comes in so many versions.. I've had to get rid of them in the aircraft.cfg to improve 'Select Aircraft' load times!! A Norseman I'd be very interested in;) Honestly can't see why MV went for a Beaver but I'm sure they know what they're doing. Happily for me.. my card is safe:)

ATB
DaveB:)What in the world for? They were way under powered and with any load at all it took way too much distance to get off the water. Check Mitre 10 Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?mitre-10/) and Officeworks Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?officeworks/).If I got off at all.
The Aerosoft Beaver . Good point. They have been making promises for several years now. Have you seen any results? ME NEITHER.

CG_1976
August 28th, 2015, 13:00
http://images.sodahead.com/slideshows/000011731/3842294094_tumblr_lnqqffy3zm1qahmy6o1_500_thumb-52260680730_xlarge.png
PANGGGGG!!

Bjoern! Bjoern???

Head to Iqaluit and then CYXP PANG!!! Great fun with a Twin Otter and or Beaver, Otter.

YoYo
October 26th, 2015, 09:48
WiP. Some of progress...

Ski, normal and on floats.

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/12182899_1004529399591435_4183406305414589709_o.jp g

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/12182890_1004529656258076_6982266323373736400_o.jp g

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/12182400_1004529389591436_9078038207727603793_o.jp g

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/10286731_1004529396258102_1533316102944187497_o.jp g

big-mike
October 26th, 2015, 11:05
WOW-------awesome!
Mike

spatialpro
October 26th, 2015, 11:55
I really, really hope some 2-blade versions will also be made?

http://www.cloud9photography.us/Military-Aviation-9/De-Havilland-U-6-Beaver/i-kwQgV88/0/L/DG%2000108%20de%20Havilland%20U-6A%20Beaver%20USAF%2016546%20Dover%20AFB%20Septemb er%201965%20by%20Frank%20MacSorley%20-L.jpg

Also, the Beaver had hard points under the wings. It would be great if these could be modeled, and also made available for dropping items (for instance parachute supplies), using either the default droppable items code, or even TacPack.

Andy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3594/3630301142_3e8539a6e7.jpg

http://www.airdisplaymuseum.com/siteimages/1331316.jpg

b747
October 26th, 2015, 13:18
amazing texturing

Bushpounder
October 26th, 2015, 13:30
I hope they are going to do straight floats. Most float Beavers have straight floats.

Don

Aircanuck
October 26th, 2015, 13:36
got my vote +1

jankees
October 26th, 2015, 22:44
wow, looking good!

donnybalonny
October 26th, 2015, 23:57
I hope they are going to do straight floats. Most float Beavers have straight floats.

Don

I agree.
Untill now it looks great.

YoYo
July 2nd, 2016, 03:22
Hello,
it's a WIP still but I'd like to share the new pictures of incoming DHC-2 from MV in the sim environment.

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/MVDHC2-al_sqsrnrw.jpg

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/MVDHC2-al_sqsrnra.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/MVDHC2-al_sqsrnrs.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/MVDHC2-al_sqsrnrq.jpg

henrystreet
July 2nd, 2016, 04:41
+1 Really looking forward to this one!

Bushpounder
July 2nd, 2016, 04:56
I hope it's being tested by a r/w Beaver pilot. Beavers do NOT fly like a regular plane. Looks GREAT!! Any idea on time? Approx.!! :)

Don

Timmy74
July 2nd, 2016, 06:22
I am tremendously excited about this Milviz rendition of the Beaver!

However, I am a little confused as to the small vertical stabilisers on the horizontal tail plane for the "Landing Gear" version??
Please correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen these on the gear version, only on the float versions.

Cheers,
Tim...

YoYo
July 2nd, 2016, 07:42

However, I am a little confused as to the small vertical stabilisers on the horizontal tail plane for the "Landing Gear" version??
Please correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen these on the gear version, only on the float versions.

Cheers,
Tim...

You have right....but it's a Tundra version, see this:
http://islandaero.com/images/51dhc2bbe.jpg
http://www.barnstormers.com/eFLYER/2011/194-eFLYER-FA01-14.jpg
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/7/2/8/6/3/ai17045776-13-thumb-DSC04723a.jpg
http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/craft/dhc2/dhc2-5.jpg
http://www.dhc-2.com/1e6a35900.jpg

This airplane has a lot of modifications :biggrin-new: .

Lane Street
July 2nd, 2016, 10:04

Cheers,
Tim...

Those are "Kenmore fins" and you are correct in that they are intended for planes with floats.

Many Beavers switch between floats for the summer and wheels (sometimes with skis) for the winter. It is not uncommon for those planes to have the Kenmore fins on all year long.

The Kenmore fins replace the ventral fin under the tail on older Beavers equipped with floats.

cheers,
Lane

PS. Will this Beaver have tip tanks as an option?

Sundog
July 2nd, 2016, 10:09
Thanks for the previews, it's looking great. I;m so looking forward to this release. :)

Timmy74
July 2nd, 2016, 15:39
Thank you for clearing that up for me Yo-Yo and Lane.

Cheers,
Tim.

musterpilot
July 2nd, 2016, 17:01
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39572&stc=1 This one has the fins on the tail
I will be getting a repaint of this one done when it comes out

MustangL2W
July 2nd, 2016, 17:15
Can't Wait!! Would be cool to see MILVIZ do a Noorduyn Norseman to "Bookend" the Beaver. Both are Legendary in the Bush. (I used to have a deHavilland Tshirt that said "Legendary in the Bush")

Boss86001
July 2nd, 2016, 20:55
The Beaver is looking great! Very excited to get this bird.

Penzoil3
July 3rd, 2016, 14:09

Just go over to the OrbX forum. You can get banned for negative comments quite easily.
On the subject here, this looks like a good job on the Beaver.
Sue

glh
July 3rd, 2016, 14:37
A possible realistic camo paint job for the Beaver .....

glh
July 3rd, 2016, 14:43
Ah... you didn't mention our B-25. Now I'm saddened!

- Joseph

Wait a minute ... I thought you were working on a DC-3 !!! :wiggle:

spatialpro
July 4th, 2016, 00:57
Please, please, please make an AL1 variant of the Beaver (inc. two blade prop and dropable stores, perhaps even using TacPack, or if not the standing FSX style dropable objects routine). If you need details of the AL1, plus stores and even camera fits etc. please get in touch. I can provide info.

Andy

http://qra-magazin.de/wp-content/uploads/AAC-XP779-Detmold-2-04SEP1971-Grondstein.jpg

spatialpro
July 4th, 2016, 01:00
BTW, if you'd like to read about Beaver AL1 operations I recommend Think Like a Bird. In my opinion this ranks alongside the likes of Fate is the Hunter and First Light in terms of top flying books of all time...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe3Mt4cfoykwpFn0-xjpmSJBw_7zzy7pGMmGp3HBU__5h7k0Qd

spatialpro
January 24th, 2017, 13:06
Just came across this video. At about 2:30 you can see a demo of a supply drop using the AL1's bomb racks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILzabQJPw4

wombat666
January 24th, 2017, 23:29
Be wise to make it compatible with FSX-P3D in a single package.
:173go1:

Penzoil3
January 25th, 2017, 00:25
After 2 years don't hold you breath.

n4gix
January 25th, 2017, 15:49
Be wise to make it compatible with FSX-P3D in a single package.
:173go1:
All Milviz products will be FSX-P3D, including the Beaver. :encouragement:

n4gix
January 25th, 2017, 15:53
Just came across this video. At about 2:30 you can see a demo of a supply drop using the AL1's bomb racks...
Nice find! The next up video was rather amusing. 1959 demonstration of Skeeters Mark 12 helicopters.

What I found amusing is how they start the engine on them... like a lawnmower! :biggrin-new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKU_uNV8qQg#t=211.2235936

wombat666
January 25th, 2017, 21:27
All Milviz products will be FSX-P3D, including the Beaver. :encouragement:

Unlike the P38 and the Bobcat?
For example.
Both of which P3D refused to load.
Unless they are marketed as 'For FSX' and 'For P3D' as separate items?
:semi-twins:

n4gix
January 26th, 2017, 12:14
Unlike the P38 and the Bobcat?
For example.
Both of which P3D refused to load.:semi-twins:
I wasn't involved with the P38, but I developed and tested the Bobcat primarily with P3D v3, but tested it in FSX/A and FSX:SE as well of course.

What I was actually referring to was that the installer allows for installation in any of the sim versions; one purchase, all sims.

If the Bobcat isn't loading in P3D then clearly something is preventing it, which cannot be fixed if its not reported in the support forum.

AusWilko
January 26th, 2017, 13:53
Don't sposeyou got any new screenies for us to look at :playful:

Mach3DS
January 26th, 2017, 14:19
@wombat

I tested and made the green stock livery of the bobcat in P3Dv3. The installer allows for installation into each sim version.

mike678
February 3rd, 2017, 12:24
Looks like the MilViz Beaver is getting close to the end of beta. From Colin:

"We're in final beta. Waiting on the AMS. Once that's in... and tested, we're go for launch. No dates."

No idea what AMS is but here is a fun video to help the anticipation

https://youtu.be/Wv7z499NBVs

Mach3DS
February 3rd, 2017, 12:26
Looks like the MilViz Beaver is getting close to the end of beta. From Colin:

"We're in final beta. Waiting on the AMS. Once that's in... and tested, we're go for launch. No dates."

No idea what AMS is but here is a fun video to help the anticipation

https://youtu.be/Wv7z499NBVs

Aircraft Management System -- don't quote me...lol.

alehead
February 4th, 2017, 03:30
Love that guy's channel!:jump: Thanks for posting the link, as it is one I definitely hadn't seen before (given that it was only posted 2 days ago!)

I cannot wait to see the DHC-2 come out. I would guess I am more interested in something like that than the new 747 that was released a few days ago...

A

YoYo
February 6th, 2017, 10:18
For sure, it's a WiP still but some of pictures how it looks now : ].

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_awhqxnn.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_awhqxep.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_awhqxnw.jpg

YoYo
February 6th, 2017, 10:20
And more. Enjoy!

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_awhqxns.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_awhqxnq.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_awhqxeh.jpg

heywooood
February 6th, 2017, 11:57
it looks great in still shots - I hope the frame rates are also good

I wonder what the sell price will be - $50? range..

Aircanuck
February 6th, 2017, 15:31
Need a second opinion, the windscreen "appears" to be more upright in stature or is it the much larger curve ( C-UXPA ) coming off of the upper corner that's making the difference compared to the default DHC2 ??

Aircanuck

cavaricooper
February 8th, 2017, 02:40
YoYo-

I have been following this project's progress for quite some time now.... thanks for the photos!!

She looks GREAT.. but how does she fly? The old An-2 has ruined many a GA aircraft for me.... for me, nothing else comes even close to conveying the feeling of flight in a light aircraft. I'm hoping the Beaver will change that......?

Ta!

Carl

magoo
February 8th, 2017, 09:38
Need a second opinion
Aircanuck

Yes. The "A" pillar is positioned a bit too low and aft. It needs to be moved up and forward about eight scale inches. The top corners of the windshield should tuck up real tight under the wing's leading edge.

For who not so familiar with the Beaver, it's easy to compare the modeled images with the British Army aircraft in the photo at the top of the page.

Not too late to pull out the cutting torches and fix it.

Daube
February 8th, 2017, 09:48
I also think there's something wrong with the shape of the front windshield.
This is especially disturbing in the latest shots.

alehead
February 8th, 2017, 09:50
Need a second opinion, the windscreen "appears" to be more upright in stature or is it the much larger curve ( C-UXPA ) coming off of the upper corner that's making the difference compared to the default DHC2 ??

Aircanuck

I have to say I agree... there is something slightly different about the curvature of the screen compared to similarly angled views of real-world aircraft. The windscreen seems to wrap around too much...

It does say early beta model in the screenshots...

A

Skyhawk18
February 9th, 2017, 13:48
There will also be a float version.

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/N5CC.jpg

cavaricooper
February 9th, 2017, 13:50
The visuals are magnificent.... but can you feel the lift in her wings?

C

speedy70
February 9th, 2017, 14:16
.....and an amphibian version as in the picture above!!!

Cheers Chris

alehead
February 9th, 2017, 22:42
On closer inspection, I can see a number of issues. The nose section of the aircraft appears to be too short. The engine cowling and the bulkhead area is too short. Along with the misplaced a pillar, this gives the aircraft a side-on appearance of being squashed. The undercarriage fairings also appear to be too wide from front to back, though this may be an illusion caused by the too short nose and the tundra-style tyres in the shots...

The DHC-2 is one of those iconic aircraft, like the DC-3. I would love to see it "got right"...

A

Andrew Entwistle

jankees
February 9th, 2017, 23:11
I was wondering about that nose too

Skyhawk18
February 10th, 2017, 07:39
On closer inspection, I can see a number of issues. The nose section of the aircraft appears to be too short. The engine cowling and the bulkhead area is too short. Along with the misplaced a pillar, this gives the aircraft a side-on appearance of being squashed. The undercarriage fairings also appear to be too wide from front to back, though this may be an illusion caused by the too short nose and the tundra-style tyres in the shots...

The DHC-2 is one of those iconic aircraft, like the DC-3. I would love to see it "got right"...

A

Andrew Entwistle

Milviz says that they are fixing the windshield and nose ...

spatialpro
February 10th, 2017, 07:39
The eye can sooooo easily be deceived... seeing isn't the same as perceiving... plus screen aspect ratios, viewing angles etc. can play tricks... BUT, I've gotta concur there is something just not quite right about that nose/cowling/windshield...

Daube
February 10th, 2017, 08:06
Indeed, seeing the model on the screen can sometimes lead to incorrect perception. For example in case of high zoom values, unusual angle of view etc...
But it's nice to see Milviz is listening to the various feedback.

Javis
February 10th, 2017, 08:33
I hope they do not fall into the 'midget pilot' trap..

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/beaverpilot.jpg

chet twowolves
February 10th, 2017, 10:30
But they did. Pilot way short, Can't even see over instrument panel .

YoYo
February 10th, 2017, 12:00
As it was before, some of parts will be corrected, thx for Your feedback and falcon's eye! :wavey:

cavaricooper
February 10th, 2017, 12:45
YoYo-

Can you say, how does she FLY??

C

Skyhawk18
February 10th, 2017, 13:09

The pilots will be fixed as well.

I would appreciate if I were asked for permission before using my images or part of them.

Mach3DS
February 10th, 2017, 17:36
Beaver FDE is being tested and revised as necessary. I believe we have some Beaver pilots on the team. Again, these images should be labeled WIP. I've been more focused on testing a different aircraft for MV but this one is coming along very nicely! ;)

Dimus
February 10th, 2017, 21:03
Considerable real Beaver experience exists in the testing team offering valuable insight. It's a real pleasure to test this iconic workhorse.

cavaricooper
February 11th, 2017, 02:56
Rick & Dimus-

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to read....

C

alehead
February 11th, 2017, 08:09
Milviz says that they are fixing the windshield and nose ...

Thanks for the feedback sir. Good to hear, as I would really love to have this for shooting those backcountry airstrip approaches and lakes...

A

Andrew Entwistle

Dimus
February 12th, 2017, 01:29
Milviz say that close examination of the nose contours against reference material showed that it is correctly modeled. Apparently a number of Beavers were modified with about 12-18 inches extension in the engine area. According to one of our Beaver pilots, this helped with balancing of additional structural weight in the aft section for equipment like the "Alaska door" and additional payload. MV are not modelling such versions. Check Takealot Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?takealot/) and Woolworths Specials (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?woolworths/). Still the windshield and pilot are going to be fixed. Thank you all for your constructive comments.

cavaricooper
February 12th, 2017, 06:49
Dimus-

Please let the team know how much this particular aircraft is looked forward to! For Alaskan meanderings this will fit the bill superbly (if the FDE is equal to the visuals). For me, there is only one such single GA a/c at the moment- the SibWings An-2. I shall be most pleased if this Beaver gives her a run for her money :)

Is Alex M part of the Milviz team....? Fingers x'ed....

Best- C

Alan_A
February 12th, 2017, 11:11
Is Alex M part of the Milviz team....? Fingers x'ed....

IIRC, Rob Young was working on the flight model. If that's the case, then the FDE ought to be pretty stellar.

olderndirt
February 12th, 2017, 16:32
Direct from the "man" about the 'Beaver' and a short comment about the '350i' that just warmed the cockles of my heart http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/2/10/speaking-of-the-beaver#commenting=

dvj
February 12th, 2017, 18:20

I know a few "midgets", or "size challenged", they would be really upset at this comment. ;-)

Javis
February 12th, 2017, 23:04
I think i'd better shut up next time...

Btw, if short people would be upset about something it would certainly be by this scene. Warwick Davis certainly isn't...

https://youtu.be/2yCx3etQdl0

( i've seen all episodes of 'Life's Too Short' by Ricky Gervais and Warwick Davis on Netflix and can wholeheartedly recommend the series )

alehead
February 13th, 2017, 01:43
Looking forward to seeing the windshield modifications. It looks like Milviz had already improved on the Soulmade model, as the windshield on that model (at least with reference to the model portrayed in the promotional video on x-plane.org) is essentially flat with a vertical split down the middle. The left and right panes of the windshield have quite a marked angle between them, maybe 160° or so, which is certainly not the case in the Soulmade.

I have been reading and looking at a lot of material regarding the DHC-2 since Friday, I just can't get beavers out of my head... (sorry about that).
It is one of the aircraft I most like to see (although there are so few around my neck of the woods), along with the DC-3/C-47, Spitfire, and T6 Harvard/Texan...

It would appear that I have a thing for Wasps... who cannot have a thing for Merlins?

A

fsxar177
February 13th, 2017, 06:50
Colin made it pretty clear on ADX. No two Beavers are the same...

FlameOut
February 13th, 2017, 12:42
:biggrin-new: :biggrin-new: :biggrin-new: :biggrin-new:

.... a four laugh out of me !

cavaricooper
February 13th, 2017, 14:33
IIRC, Rob Young was working on the flight model. If that's the case, then the FDE ought to be pretty stellar.

Rob's stuff is indeed stellar! Glad to hear he still has time for FS projects. Thoughts with him and Sean/Carla.

Best- C

YoYo
March 5th, 2017, 10:39
Few new shots and lighting in VC.
Cockpit is very well done!

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_ashepra.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_ashwraq.jpg

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_asheprw.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_ashenrw.jpg

WiP.

fuzz1
March 5th, 2017, 12:32
Looks fantastic. I'm so hoping it is properly optimized and runs well in FSX. Sim performance and resource usage is usually the deciding factor for me in pulling the purchase trigger.
I think this becomes particularly important with this bird as it is often flown over densely forested areas and in foul weather; one would like to think this sort of sim usage would be anticipated and the product designed accordingly.

roger-wilco-66
March 5th, 2017, 12:37
The cockpit looks great! As I would expect it from Milviz. That's a sure buy for me.

Cheers,
Mark

Boss86001
March 6th, 2017, 19:30
The beta is looking fabulous! Am really excited to fly the Beaver.

cavaricooper
March 7th, 2017, 02:43
I too am looking forward to this one. Even more so since finding out Rob Young is doing the FDE. Can KAT please verify this for me? If so it will be a release day buy!

Ta!

Carl

Bushpounder
March 7th, 2017, 12:46
Yoyo - I noticed in one of the shots (bottom of last thread with pictures) that there is a greenish tint on the windscreen of the Alaskan Beaver. Can you confirm or negate that, please, or is it just an angled lighting shot? Only side windows had tints on them. Thanks!

Don

YoYo
March 7th, 2017, 22:14
Yoyo - I noticed in one of the shots (bottom of last thread with pictures) that there is a greenish tint on the windscreen of the Alaskan Beaver. Can you confirm or negate that, please, or is it just an angled lighting shot? Only side windows had tints on them. Thanks!

Don

This effect depends from the angle but MV Team working on it also.
It isn't the final version.

Bushpounder
March 8th, 2017, 02:22
Thanks, Yoyo. This can be an option, I found out, but it is RARE! VERY rare. The vast majority had clear fronts, and if tinted, sides only. Looking forward to it!!

Don

cavaricooper
March 8th, 2017, 14:34
I too am looking forward to this one. Even more so since finding out Rob Young is doing the FDE. Can KAT please verify this for me? If so it will be a release day buy!

Ta!

Carl

Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

I know Katoun frequents these parts... so Kat, could you please confirm he accepted? If you want us to salivate even further, a couple of more screenies, or tales of testing progress would not go amiss....

Ta!

C

henrystreet
March 8th, 2017, 14:46
Check the Milviz Facebook page (no Facebook login needed). Oisin (Osh) has taken over for Kat. You will likely need to ask your question there or wait for Osh to show up here.

n4gix
March 9th, 2017, 09:58
No need to wait. I can confirm that Rob Young is doing the FDE for the Beaver.

cavaricooper
March 9th, 2017, 12:37
Bill-

That is fantastic news- ta!

Carl

speedy70
March 15th, 2017, 06:07
The development of this long awaited aircraft appears to be descending into a farce.
There was going to be a pre Christmas release.
In January it was being beta tested and would be released soon.
After a member posted some pre release pictures here it appears that the windscreen shape was wrong and the pilot too small.There was also debate about the shape of the nose.
Three weeks ago we were informed that all that was left was to write the ACM.
Now we are informed that the FD is ongoing.(Why the use of all these abreviations I do not Know)
I assume this is the flight dynamics.
I understood that the flight dynamics were being done by John Young of Realair and was assured by many members that he was one of the best and that he had completed this task .

Cheers Chris

spatialpro
March 15th, 2017, 06:17
"The best things come to those who wait"?! Discuss...

henrystreet
March 15th, 2017, 06:21
VirtualCol has a "nice" Otter if you are getting impatient for a Beaver done correctly (and with the feedback of the community).

fsxar177
March 15th, 2017, 06:42
The development of this long awaited aircraft appears to be descending into a farce.

This is a pretty silly statement. Often timelines can stretch, and stretch, and stretch on these projects. Cumulative between modelling, texturing, audio engineering. The CODE my lands the CODE. Not to mention the Flight Dynamics. There's 1,000's upon 1,000's of hours put into a project like this. Those are often un-paid hours, as often the developers contracted to do the work get paid on a % after the project is complete.

So if you had worked nearly 25 weeks full time, or perhaps longer without pay, on some item of this project, would you want to come into a forum where someone is arm-chairing the game and telling you that it's taking too long?

I understand, some folks around here are worried that they might succumb to age, or radical Islam, or some horrific fate before Colin gives us his Beaver. And this may be true. There may be some casualties. But as developers we must chalk that up to part of the gig. These things take time.

The word that Rob Young is in fact doing the Flight Dynamics is great news. He's the best of the best. It makes this a sure purchase.

- Joseph

YoYo
March 15th, 2017, 07:25
Now we are informed that the FD is ongoing.

May I ask where did You find this news?
This post/question and answer was from ... 2015 when this project was started.

THibben
March 15th, 2017, 07:40
[QUOTE=speedy70;1072853]The development of this long awaited aircraft appears to be descending into a farce.
There was going to be a pre Christmas release.

Unfortunately in this day and age it is more fun to be negative. It is really sad since we have so many good things.

My opinion.

Tom

speedy70
March 15th, 2017, 07:53
YoYo sim I got the information from Colin Pearson on his website Milviz today.

I am trying not to be negative but the replies I get are all negative and in my opinion brush off,s to my questions.

It is Rob Young, by the way my mistake in calling him John Young.

Please read the work in progress forum for the beaver at Milviz and see what you think.

Cheers Chris

ryanbatc
March 15th, 2017, 10:36
YoYo sim I got the information from Colin Pearson on his website Milviz today.

I am trying not to be negative but the replies I get are all negative and in my opinion brush off,s to my questions.

Please read the work in progress forum for the beaver at Milviz and see what you think.

Cheers Chris

You asked every month since Christmas 2016 on their forums... I've been a beta tester for multiple FS companies for some time now, and I can tell you that nearly all devs miss deadlines. PMDG, Aerosoft, Realair, Milviz, Eaglesoft etc. It happens. The reason it's not out yet is because it's not ready, there are more items that still need to be addressed. It is what it is. Also nobody owes you WIP pictures.... there are some floating around the net if you just look... heck I think there's some in this very thread.

heywooood
March 15th, 2017, 11:00
impatience is chronic in flight sim - folks have little of it in general but the community is rampant with it.
I'm older than the average bear too - no green bananas in mt house. Maybe take it into account and roll with it.

These models represent hundreds even thousands of hours of work sometimes. Timetables are suggestions only even in government work.
be ****ing patient or take frequent walks - or both

ryanbatc
March 15th, 2017, 12:48
Timetables are suggestions only even in government work.
be ****ing patient or take frequent walks - or both

I work for the FAA.... Spot on haha

alehead
March 15th, 2017, 13:02
It is interesting that some people want the best job done, yesterday of course. Those moaning the loudest that it is taking too long are most likely also those most loud with criticism if it were released too quickly in an unfinished state. With limited resources, if you want "best", you are going to have to wait. I for one am glad that Milviz are working on this and not just pushing it out of the door...

Andrew Entwistle

Bjoern
March 15th, 2017, 13:57

Totally understandable, as the guy was the astronaut's astronaut. Just look at his portfolio: Gemini 3, Gemini 10, Apollo 10, Apollo 16, STS-1, STS-9...a living legend's legend!

He even does AI models*!

(*Tongue so much in cheek that I look like a hamster.)

(**Yes, I'm drunk.)

Skyhawk18
March 16th, 2017, 10:26
These are WIP, and the model is still in Beta. The Milviz team is working really hard now to make the Beaver look and simulate as real as possible.
I am basically painting the float model, and my intention is to paint at least 5 different liveries. Please be patient, as this Beaver model is going to be very good.

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/b6.jpg

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/b7.jpg

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/b8.jpg

henrystreet
March 16th, 2017, 10:36
These are WIP, and the model is still in Beta. The Milviz team is working really hard now to make the Beaver look and simulate as real as possible.
I am basically painting the float model, and my intention is to paint at least 5 different liveries. Please be patient, as this Beaver model is going to be very good.

Now that is what I'm talking about!!

spatialpro
March 16th, 2017, 10:38
Ooooo, niiiiice! I'm in!

I'm stilling holding out for an AL1 though.... Fingers crossed!!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-16eYuuapMr0/U5oVUSrGHPI/AAAAAAAAJBM/Tsbzv-HVgXU/s1600/smiley-crossing-fingers.png

spatialpro
March 17th, 2017, 00:12
Keeping hope (for an AL1) alive, here is a shot of one doing a steep approach into RAF Brize Norton in '68. Note the Decca Navigator on the starboard instrument panel.

http://www.dhc-2.com/R_G-B_landingBrizeNorton_1968_AAC_450.gif

... and here is another releasing a stick of 25lb bombs over the Radfan...

http://www.radfanhunters.co.uk/Images-AAC/XP819_dropping%20bombs_1967_RGB.jpg

alehead
March 17th, 2017, 05:23
I am really impressed with the latest screens. My queries about the windscreen shape have been answered. This is on my short list...

A

henrystreet
March 17th, 2017, 05:49
Keeping hope (for an AL1) alive, here is a shot of one doing a steep approach into RAF Brize Norton in '68. Note the Decca Navigator on the starboard instrument panel.

... and here is another releasing a stick of 25lb bombs over the Radfan...

love that! an attack beaver!

speedy70
March 17th, 2017, 06:39
Looking absolutely great.

Cheers Chris

cavaricooper
March 17th, 2017, 07:25
Thanks for the updates! This is one I will purchase Day One... we will be able to fly to a hub in the PMDG DC-6 (soon) and then to our get-away in this DHC-2.... nirvana for us here at SOH... Alaska beckons...

C

spatialpro
March 17th, 2017, 13:30
Bombing up an AL1 in the Radfan

spatialpro
March 19th, 2017, 06:20
Another shot of an AL1 fitted with bomb racks, in this case used for a supply drop of ammunition...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3837/33401286611_3d1e0f347a_o.jpg

YoYo
March 23rd, 2017, 01:35
Standard wheel version preview. Mk.1

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_aswqsep.jpg

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/BeaverVCJ_aswqsxr.jpg

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/BeaverJPG_aswqsxp.jpg

dexthom
March 23rd, 2017, 06:33
Patiently waiting for this beauty.

jankees
March 23rd, 2017, 11:58
Mmmm, are you sure about the shape of the blue paint on the cowling?

olderndirt
March 23rd, 2017, 16:19
Sorry to be the 'wet blanket' but Milviz on Facebook says yet another month delay - unforeseen problems.

speedy70
March 23rd, 2017, 16:23
Well in my opinion that is a huge improvement for milviz.

They are being honest and keeping their customers informed.

Well done Milviz(never thought I'd be saying that.)

Cheers Chris

Ron Attwood
March 23rd, 2017, 16:53
Sorry to be the 'wet blanket' but Milviz on Facebook says yet another month delay - unforeseen problems.

Be nice if they said that on their forum. Does the world only exist on Facebook and Twatter?

olderndirt
March 23rd, 2017, 19:00
Be nice if they said that on their forum. Does the world only exist on Facebook and Twatter?Can you imagine the school system we grew up with if Facebook and Twitter were available in the fifties. I can just see a video of me getting 'six of the best' - talk about viral.

ryanbatc
March 23rd, 2017, 19:25
Can you imagine the school system we grew up with if Facebook and Twitter were available in the fifties. I can just see a video of me getting 'six of the best' - talk about viral.

I was finishing college right when facebook went primetime... Wish I never heard of it. I wish we never had smart phones either.

dvj
March 23rd, 2017, 20:21

What's really sad, is that 3 or 4 weeks after its release, it will be old news and people will be looking for the next shinny toy. There is really quite the spectacular Antonov An-2 sim from Sibwings Lab that's worth trying out before the Bev get's released.

Timmy74
March 23rd, 2017, 23:30
The pilot still appears too small!

YoYo
March 23rd, 2017, 23:48

No, he is ok now. It was corrected. http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/4/7/4/2789474.jpg?v=v40 .

Btw. funny :biggrin-new: :

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/26/78/482678e009ec703d2bfa47c3ae158bf9.jpg

Fake?

Timmy74
March 24th, 2017, 00:23
No, he is ok now. It was corrected. http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/4/7/4/2789474.jpg?v=v40 .

Btw. funny :biggrin-new: :

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/26/78/482678e009ec703d2bfa47c3ae158bf9.jpg

Fake?

It appears that the pilot is leaning forward (probably watching where he is going while taxing) so therefore he would be smaller/shorter than what he would be if he was seated in his natural flying position.

I could bang all day in regards to human pivot points/ergonomics and scales -its part of my job. But if you have fully investigated the seating and scale of the pilot In this model? I will take your word for it and have to live with it. In my opinion it looks wrong.

btw.. Is the cluttered Beaver going to part of the package?

cavaricooper
March 24th, 2017, 03:56
What's really sad, is that 3 or 4 weeks after its release, it will be old news and people will be looking for the next shinny toy. There is really quite the spectacular Antonov An-2 sim from Sibwings Lab that's worth trying out before the Bev get's released.

Agreed! I strongly feel the An-2 is the very best single engine pseudo-GA aircraft ever done for Flight Simulation! I'm hoping that with Rob Young doing the FDE, this one will be as good..... we shall see... nothing else has come close yet.

Carl

Bjoern
March 24th, 2017, 06:23

Not everybody is Hugey McGiantfeet.

henrystreet
March 24th, 2017, 06:57

Love the AN-2 and fully agree with your rumination. a BOATLOAD of simmers I know are more like collectors, rarely getting even 20 hours in any new purchase.

If I anticipate flying a new aircraft in a dedicated fashion, getting to know its uniqueness (like the Beaver), I have no problem waiting for the dev to "get it right" so my hours of experience will be in a functional and mature release.

Daveroo
March 24th, 2017, 08:50
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dvj http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=1074361#post1074361)

Love the AN-2 and fully agree with your rumination. a BOATLOAD of simmers I know are more like collectors, rarely getting even 20 hours in any new purchase.

If I anticipate flying a new aircraft in a dedicated fashion, getting to know its uniqueness (like the Beaver), I have no problem waiting for the dev to "get it right" so my hours of experience will be in a functional and mature release.

you both hit the toe on the head perfectly.i was one of the "OOOOOOOOh shiny " camp,i have even been collecting new planes when i didnt have a pc to fly on,buy,leave all the info in the emails and then when i got the new pc,add them all to my install,now im sorry i did that...got so many it takes forever to load,even with every thing (planes and scenery) on a second drive....and ive only flow two of my new birds...:dizzy:

Skyhawk18
March 24th, 2017, 11:58
Float version (still WIP, and model still in beta)

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/9028.jpg

Bjoern
March 24th, 2017, 12:07
Having money to spare is kind of a curse. "Oh hey, aircraft xyz is on sale!"...and twenty hours worth of modifications later, I can finally fly it. Granted, they do get quite some use afterward, but the way there is always very time intensive.
I've still got a larger three holer that's nothing but a hangar queen because between all the other stuff and actually flying other (modded) aircraft, I simply do not have time to bring it up to my specifications. :dizzy:

Portia911
March 24th, 2017, 15:08
No argument, this will be good - just hoping the extra dev time can allow for P3D-developed tool-tips to display properly in the FSX model (a really basic function not available in the Bobcat as far as I know).

henrystreet
March 24th, 2017, 15:23
Having money to spare is kind of a curse. "Oh hey, aircraft xyz is on sale!"...and twenty hours worth of modifications later, I can finally fly it. Granted, they do get quite some use afterward, but the way there is always very time intensive.
I've still got a larger three holer that's nothing but a hangar queen because between all the other stuff and actually flying other (modded) aircraft, I simply do not have time to bring it up to my specifications. :dizzy:

amen, my discerning brother. I gave up comparing aircraft add-ons to their respective real world POH unless it is an addon I am willing to make a family member.

YoYo
March 25th, 2017, 03:07
btw.. Is the cluttered Beaver going to part of the package?

No but.... :biggrin-new: :

http://s2.ifotos.pl/img/DHC-2beta_asswsne.jpg

Eagle Spirit
March 25th, 2017, 09:03

An-2? I expect MV Beaver will be head and shoulders above An-2.
I recently had to reinstall FSX. I had purchased the An-2 and sent them order number and all info to validate, and asked for a down load link so I could reinstall An-2. Sibwings didn't reply. Then I went to there forums and discovered that there are many unhappy pilots there, because Sibwings isn't responding to help request.

Yes, the An-2 is an interesting bird, but Sibwings has really come up short for support. I'm not about to pay again for An-2 I already paid for.

Eagle

dvj
March 25th, 2017, 11:58
An-2? I expect MV Beaver will be head and shoulders above An-2.
I recently had to reinstall FSX. I had purchased the An-2 and sent them order number and all info to validate, and asked for a down load link so I could reinstall An-2. Sibwings didn't reply. Then I went to there forums and discovered that there are many unhappy pilots there, because Sibwings isn't responding to help request.

Yes, the An-2 is an interesting bird, but Sibwings has really come up short for support. I'm not about to pay again for An-2 I already paid for.

Eagle

Reads like you have more of a re-install problem than a problem with the AN-2 sim. My original point is that folks get so impatient on new aircraft that once they are out, in a few weeks the new is gone and they are looking for the next highly anticipated release. I found the An-2 a delightful bush plane while I wait for the Beaver.

Eagle Spirit
March 25th, 2017, 14:43
You read correctly.

I didn't say I have/had a problem with An-2 itself. I do have a problem with Sibwings for their lack of support, re: me and the forums.

Thought you might be advertising for sibwings, or perhaps have a "special interest" :untroubled:.

alehead
March 26th, 2017, 04:12
Float version (still WIP, and model still in beta)

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/9028.jpg

Thanks for posting. Nice to see the amphibian...

A

Looking forward to hearing the sounds. I hope the takeoff blade sound has made it into the soundset as well as the change in sound occurring on prop pitch angle without changing throttle... a must in any constant speed prop...

Andrew Entwistle

n4gix
March 26th, 2017, 06:37
No argument, this will be good - just hoping the extra dev time can allow for P3D-developed tool-tips to display properly in the FSX model (a really basic function not available in the Bobcat as far as I know).

To be clear, proper tooltips are coded into the Bobcat. It is the sim which does not display some of them...

Portia911
March 26th, 2017, 13:08
To be clear, proper tooltips are coded into the Bobcat. It is the sim which does not display some of them...

With respect, Bill the fact they are coded counts for nought if they are not available to the paying customer.

As for blaming the sim, I have hundreds of FSX add-ons, freeware and payware (including 3 Milviz products). I can count on one hand the number that don't display tooltips - and of those, the Bobcat is the only payware model.

It's not a deal-breaker, and the Bobcat is otherwise a nice product - I'm just hoping Milviz do not come up short in this regard when it comes to the Beaver release.

Bjoern
March 27th, 2017, 01:21
How is an airplane maker supposed to get around FSX' inherent limitation to NOT display tooltips in DirectX 10 fullscreen mode?

n4gix
March 27th, 2017, 06:32
With respect, Bill the fact they are coded counts for nought if they are not available to the paying customer.

As for blaming the sim, I have hundreds of FSX add-ons, freeware and payware (including 3 Milviz products). I can count on one hand the number that don't display tooltips - and of those, the Bobcat is the only payware model.

It's not a deal-breaker, and the Bobcat is otherwise a nice product - I'm just hoping Milviz do not come up short in this regard when it comes to the Beaver release.
Explain this then if you can.

This tooltip works:
<TooltipText>Aileron Trim (%((A:AILERON TRIM PCT,percent))%!d%%!)</TooltipText>

This one does not:
<TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_ENG1_COWL_FLAPS_PERCENT</TooltipID>

The first is a "custom tooltip" whereas the second is a "default tooltip". If anything, one would expect the first to be problematic, but the second one is part of the SDK coded by MS themselves! :dizzy:

Portia911
March 27th, 2017, 08:38
I'm not running DX10, so FSX limitations there are irrelevant (to me).

I know nothing about coding or why one line works and another doesn't. I just know prior to the Bobcat release, Milviz (along with some 99% of payware and freeware developers) could produce FSX add-ons with VCs where tooltips displayed just fine.

I'm not meaning to ruffle anyone's feathers, just saying I hope the new Beaver comes with good old viewable tooltips for those of us running good old FSX.

cavaricooper
April 13th, 2017, 02:58
Any news on the delay? I for one am waiting for and dreaming of this one.....

Carl

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
April 13th, 2017, 04:18
I can provide a quick update , we were in the process of adding tooltips having finished with the electrical system. A new beta was released last Friday to test these updates and we added some new texture sets to allow high detail painting of the various spinners optional on the different prop types.

Speculation about the release date , one word ... Soon .. to quote the Boss , we want the Full Monty, meaning the very finest example of this mainstay of bush flying ...

Best CJ

Boss86001
April 13th, 2017, 08:09
Wow, great news! :applause:

cavaricooper
April 13th, 2017, 13:05
Brilliant news, ta!

Carl

I can provide a quick update , we were in the process of adding tooltips having finished with the electrical system. A new beta was released last Friday to test these updates and we added some new texture sets to allow high detail painting of the various spinners optional on the different prop types.

Speculation about the release date , one word ... Soon .. to quote the Boss , we want the Full Monty, meaning the very finest example of this mainstay of bush flying ...

Best CJ

cavaricooper
May 12th, 2017, 11:07
CJ & YoYo-

How's the Beav doing this week?

Best- Carl

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 13th, 2017, 05:21
Full system model done , sent to testers Thursday and its feature set is completed , refinements to the Flight Dynamics and cosmetic elements are the remaining in the runup to release.

Best CJ

cavaricooper
May 13th, 2017, 06:15
Full system model done , sent to testers Thursday and its feature set is completed , refinements to the Flight Dynamics and cosmetic elements are the remaining in the runup to release.

Best CJ

Thanks Chuck! Very much looking forward to this one.... Rob's work tends to be superlative....

Best- Carl

cavaricooper
May 20th, 2017, 07:32
http://milviz.com/flight/

The Beaver's officially on their home page banner! Hopefully she'll be along soon.... any beta pilot feedback? Rob turns out amazing FDEs and I'm hopeful this one will be his piecè de résistance!

Best- Carl

Bushpounder
May 20th, 2017, 08:10
I wish they were doing a straight float version. Many more Beavers are on straight floats than amphibs. That's a deal breaker for me. I hope they make that version down the line, maybe as an add-on.

Don

alpha charlie
May 21st, 2017, 08:36
On Friday their FB page said it was coming in 6 days. Fingers crossed.

spatialpro
May 21st, 2017, 08:46
Yup, 25th May. An Argentine connection perhaps?! :biggrin-new:

Andy

cavaricooper
May 21st, 2017, 09:12
Excellent news!

If we're that close... can anyone expound on the flight model (FDE)? I'm thrilled with the visuals, but I fly the FDE.... so that's where the rubber meets the road... for me at least.

i would very much appreciate any insight on how she FLIES.

Best- Carl

PS- Kat, Wither art thou?

Boss86001
May 21st, 2017, 09:48
Since it's from Milviz, I am not too worried about the flight model.

Great news that the Beaver will be released soon, but I hope it's P3Dv4 compatible.

thefrog
May 21st, 2017, 10:55
Excellent news!

If we're that close... can anyone expound on the flight model (FDE)? I'm thrilled with the visuals, but I fly the FDE.... so that's where the rubber meets the road... for me at least.

i would very much appreciate any insight on how she FLIES.

Best- Carl

PS- Kat, Wither art thou?
You could ask them directly on their forums or their Facebook page

cavaricooper
May 22nd, 2017, 12:27
https://www.facebook.com/Milviz/videos/1461124150598622/

C

YoYo
May 23rd, 2017, 12:29
Really soon.

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/Beaver17J_aqrarwx.jpg

http://s5.ifotos.pl/img/Beaver16J_aqrarwe.jpg

Regards.

cavaricooper
May 23rd, 2017, 16:57
YoYo-

Looks good, but can you share how she FLIES? The FDE is paramount in my book...

Ta!

Carl

dvj
May 24th, 2017, 08:21
OK, it's the 25th in Australia, and this is not released yet. :biggrin-new:

Cees Donker
May 24th, 2017, 08:53
Developing takes time....

Cees

spatialpro
May 25th, 2017, 06:00
Looks like release will be at 2100 EST (0100 GMT)

Can't see any military models, so I'm guessing no AL1 with bombs or droppable supplies :frown-new: I can't see any evidence of old-skool DECCA either.

cavaricooper
May 25th, 2017, 06:11
I'm hearing Rob Young withdrew from this project... very interested to hear how it flies. Would have been a day one purchase with Rob's FDE, but I am going to await some flight reports as I'm not familiar with the other gentleman's work yet.

Please post your observations when available.

Best- Carl

spatialpro
May 25th, 2017, 06:25
In the manual currently available on the MilViz website the development credits are as follows. No mention of Rob Young.

Colin Pearson - Creative Director
Tom Falley - Flight Dynamics
Chuck Jodry - Lead Code
Tom Aguilo - Systems Code
Mike Maarse - Sound Engineer
Brandon Filer - AMS Code
Collin Biedenkapp - AMS Updater
Gunnar van der Meeren - Livery Artist
Jim Stewart - Manual
Ville Keranen - Videographer
Yoyo - Imagery
Peter Krause (SoulMade Simulations) - Initial Model & Textures
3DR - Model & Textures

griphos
May 25th, 2017, 06:35
Soulmade did the Beaver for XP. I don't have it, because it's not updated for XP11 yet, but it was very well received by the XP community, and I plan on buying it when updated. I don't know who did the FDE for the XP version.

fsxar177
May 25th, 2017, 07:01
I see Tom Falley there as doing the FDE. He's one of our own here, and certainly one of the best. Lot's of real-world radial experience.

- Joseph

YoYo
May 25th, 2017, 07:32
http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/Beaver25J_aqxrqra.jpg

http://s6.ifotos.pl/img/Beaver26J_aqxrqxr.jpg

Btw. near ready but please wait for official news :).
More info here: http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/index.php .

http://youtu.be/tYhPumJzKoQ

stearmandriver
May 25th, 2017, 07:39
I've been looking forward to this one for a while as well; the Aerosoft Beaver X is probably my all-round favorite plane in the sim, based solely on how she flies... but she's certainly in need of an update and I hope this is it!

That said, there's one thing in that promo video that bugs the hell out of me and I wonder if I'm the only one: at about 1:20, the taxiing Beaver makes a left 180 to line up for takeoff... and while the turn looks normal, when the pilot straightens the plane out at the end of the turn, there's no indication of any inertia at all. The plane simply straightens, perfectly, with no application of opposite rudder or brake to halt the turn. That heavy radial should have some momentum and want to keep swinging the nose. It looks like how AI aircraft move in the sim, just... unnatural.

I REALLY hope that isn't indicative of how she handles! But its just a promo video of a WIP, made to be eye candy etc... guess we'll know soon enough now!

Dimus
May 25th, 2017, 07:40
I see Tom Falley there as doing the FDE. He's one of our own here, and certainly one of the best. Lot's of real-world radial experience.

- Joseph

Actually lots of real Beaver experience in Alaska.:encouragement:

Alky
May 25th, 2017, 09:04
Can you remove the yoke in the VC? Both Aerosoft and Microsoft didn't supply that option and not being able to see the entire panel is annoying.

spatialpro
May 25th, 2017, 09:18
Can you remove the yoke in the VC? Both Aerosoft and Microsoft didn't supply that option and not being able to see the entire panel is annoying.

Yes you can.

THibben
May 25th, 2017, 09:24
Yes you can.

Or you can move it to the other side.

Tom

griphos
May 25th, 2017, 09:31
You can download the manual on their site. It's a good manual that describes the features of this model and gives a very good POH as well.

I fly XP11 mostly now, but this one might tempt me back into P3D (particularly since it and Orbx and A2A will provide free updates for v4 coming soon...what else will I need?!).

I wonder how long the introductory price will last.

Skyhawk18
May 25th, 2017, 13:55
http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/Milviz.jpg

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/Milviz skis.jpg

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/Milviz tundra.jpg

http://www.gunnarvm.com/beaver/Milviz wheels.jpg

Bushpounder
May 25th, 2017, 15:14
Looks nice! Add a set of straight floats and you have a sale immediately!!

Don

TuFun
May 25th, 2017, 15:46
AirDailyx.net The MilViz DHC-2 Beaver will be released tomorrow Friday May 25th @ 2100!

1:13:19 video! Note price is mentioned in the video.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147118398

speedy70
May 25th, 2017, 15:55
2100 whose time EST or what?

It is nearly 0100 here in the uk and at 79 well past my bedtime.

Why the holdup?Methinks a last minute problem.

Incidently "tufun" with your latest avatar I have suddenly found you very attractive not like the old Ted with the never to be released shiny Dak.

Cheers Chris

TuFun
May 25th, 2017, 16:16

It is nearly 0100 here in the uk and at 79 well past my bedtime.

Why the holdup?Methinks a last minute problem.

Incidently "tufun" with your latest avatar I have suddenly found you very attractive not like the old Ted with the never to be released shiny Dak.

Cheers Chris

AirDailyx didn't mention what time zone, but I'm getting it! Price is right too!!! Video (28.57) states 34.99 for 3 wks, then to 39.99.

Cheers Chris

Not sure when the P3D models will be release yet, maybe in the next update or on final release. Texture mapping has been changed on all models.

stearmandriver
May 25th, 2017, 16:33
Milviz Facebook says 2100 EST. . And the 25th is today.