June 13th, 2015, 07:08
Finally! Specs say about 160 ktas

It's like they add 20 its with each GA project

Hdguy
June 13th, 2015, 07:25
SWEET! :applause:

Bomber_12th
June 13th, 2015, 07:28
Another project with a ton of passion wrapped up in it, and it looks and sounds fantastic. Looking forward to flying it in the sim!

modelr
June 13th, 2015, 07:33
There goes my pocketbook again!! :jump::applause::running:

jankees
June 13th, 2015, 07:33
Ha, that was unexpected!
Looking forward to it...

Bushpounder
June 13th, 2015, 07:37
Looks NICE!!! Please, an Aztec next time!! You guys would build the ULTIMATE version!

Don

pilottj
June 13th, 2015, 07:59
Awesome! Got about 20hrs in a Comanche. I can concour with everything that Scott says in the video, a simply fantastic airplane to fly. It was like flying a 1960s muscle car. The 'plain jane' version should do about 160kts....add on the mods and composite proop and you probably pushing 170ish.

Cheers
TJ

Alan_A
June 13th, 2015, 09:45
Another project with a ton of passion wrapped up in it...

That sure comes through, doesn't it?

I'm much more of a warbird flyer than GA these days, and as I just posted over in the A2A forums, wasn't initially all that excited about the idea of the Comanche.

Having watched the video, I now am.

There's a lot to be said for a product that clearly means so much to the developers.

So, here we go with another extra-budget purchase... :cool:

Rudyjo
June 13th, 2015, 11:05
I'll most likely buy this, but I really wish they would do another warbird.
The GA planes start to look alike after awhile. Each warbird is unique.

Sundog
June 13th, 2015, 11:11
Accusim has never really interested me, but as far as GA aircraft go, that Comanche is very interesting and I think I'll be getting this when it is released. I enjoyed the discussion in the video about the engineering that went into the Comanche's design and how it compared to other aircraft in it's class.

txnetcop
June 13th, 2015, 11:19
Scott, I am hoping you are looking at these post. The Commanche 250 with that fabulous O-540 engine was mainly carbureted, however, I had a close friend whose 250 I flew, had fuel injection. It was like flying a little fighter, and yet could be as smooth comfortable as an airliner. Are you going to offer both carbureted and fuel-injected models? You really hit the nail on the head with this aircraft, extremely versatile and fast.
Ted

dvj
June 13th, 2015, 12:51
That's one of the best flight sim presentations I've ever seen. An infomercial yes, but great documentary style. I came away with very high anticipation for this simulation and learned a little about the Comanche 250. Wow!

- d

DaveWG
June 13th, 2015, 12:57
A very well done and informative video. The model and simulation look superb. I'm sure it will sell by the bucket load.

Spikehughes
June 13th, 2015, 14:09
A2A crew,

Gotta hand it to you, you sure know how to get the juices flowing.. excellently put together clip that just makes me wanna click the buy button right now. As in the posting of past videos, we all know this has to be just around the corner as your timing in these matters is usually calculated to the ninth degree. I am certainly interested in the Piper Comanche and will most likely click the buy button when it becomes available...

Will there be an option for GTN750 insert???? (this aircraft would just ache for one as it has the performance to best utilize the 750 - unlike the Piper 180 autopilot).
Ignore that last comment - just watched the rest of the video and YES GTN 750 present - fantastic !!

pilottj
June 13th, 2015, 15:26
The Comanche has the same autopilot from the Cherokee...(same real life AP in Scott's Comanche) For a nice flying airplane like the Comanche, you don't need a fancy autopilot, it trims well, and is very stable. You can plan on climbing, descending, flying IAPs by hand and just using the AP to give your arm a break during cruises. You still do need to monitor it and apply occasional trim corrections, make any big course changes via heading indicator or by hand.

Cheers
TJ

Mach3DS
June 13th, 2015, 23:46
BRAVO! This is a GA that I can firmly get behind. I believe it was designed by Mooney for Piper? the lines are remincent aren't they? I was hoping A2A would release this as a surprise next. What a pleasant surprise! Scott and team well done.

Tim-HH
June 18th, 2015, 04:43
The manual is now available :jump:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/comanche250/manual_cover.jpg

www.a2asimulations.com (http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=47490)

Greetings
Tim

YoYo
June 18th, 2015, 09:05
The manual is now available :jump:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/comanche250/manual_cover.jpg

www.a2asimulations.com (http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=47490)

Greetings
Tim

2-3 days for release :wavey:, I think....

JimmyRFR
June 18th, 2015, 11:38
Those gents sure do a fine job of their manual.

I'm fully aware that it's a marketing technique that works very well for them; you'd have to be one very hardened simmer to read through that manual and not want to immediately fly the aircraft. I don't begrudge them that though, because, well... I read through the manual and now want to fly the aircraft. :)

P-38Fan
June 18th, 2015, 13:33
Can't wait for this one and the T-6

pilottj
June 18th, 2015, 13:55
Official screenshots posted

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=47509

Alan_A
June 18th, 2015, 16:30
Can't wait for this one and the T-6

When the T-6 comes out, I'll be in full-on can't-wait, hit-refresh, need-it-now mode.

For the Comanche, my mode is more seems-really-interesting, not-the-kind-of-thing-I-fly-that-much-anymore-but-they've-got-my-interest-piqued-a-lot-more-than-I-would-have-expected-so-I-guess-I'll-check-it-out-'cause-their-stuff-is-really-good.

From the standpoint of my wallet, it comes to the same thing... :cool:

pilottj
June 18th, 2015, 18:15
This is a 'must have' for me as the Comanche is a special plane. It is the last plane in my logbook before I ran out of flying funding, it gave me my high performance sign off, it made me feel like all that time and money invested in flight training had paid off when I got to fly it solo. I felt my skills as a pilot had matured to the point where I felt real comfortable flying, and thus it was the plane I took lots of friends and family in, many their first time in a small airplane. It gave me my first and only actual Solo IMC time in my logbook. I was working on my CFI before running out of funds, so I learned to fly from the right seat. I learned so much flying from the right, my VFR flying vastly improved. Very much looking forward to reuniting with the plane that made me a pilot.

Alan_A
June 18th, 2015, 20:02
This is a 'must have' for me as the Comanche is a special plane. It is the last plane in my logbook before I ran out of flying funding, it gave me my high performance sign off, it made me feel like all that time and money invested in flight training had paid off ...

That makes complete sense - with that kind of history, how could you not be eager for it...?

Personal connections make a huge difference. Back when I thought I was going to go for my PPL, I was a hardcore GA simmer - hand-flown instrument procedures, sheafs of paper charts, the works. I would have been all over the A2A GA stuff. Since that didn't work out and likely won't, my connection to GA weakened and my simming branched out, mostly to vintage gas-guzzling noisemakers, not always flown according to modern rules... In a way it's been liberating, not having to conform to reality. So the T-6 fits my, um, new, relaxed style.

That said... I have to note also that I bought all the A2A single-engine warbirds and then put them on the shelf for a couple of years because I wasn't up to handling them. Now I'm logging more time in their Spitfire than in anything else. Their stuff has a way of drawing you in in spite of yourself. Which means I'll probably be toward the head of the line for the Comanche - this could be the GA that pulls me back in...

Yossarian1943
June 19th, 2015, 02:54
She's on the store :jump:

YoYo
June 19th, 2015, 02:59
She's on the store :jump:

Link is here: https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=77&zenid=5ba33ed0b283a098334246efb3a80bd0 .

pilottj
June 19th, 2015, 04:43
Yep She is out:biggrin-new:

Don't forget the newest core updates either.

Yossarian1943
June 19th, 2015, 05:43
Yep She is out:biggrin-new:

Don't forget the newest core updates either.

Lot to do on Friday evening. :very_drunk: