PDA

View Full Version : number of members vs guests on this site....

heywooood
June 10th, 2015, 20:15
14 members.... and 62 guests just now

I presume some of those guests are actually members who are browsing without logging in but...

how many people: Log in every time they come here..? (I probably log in 1/3 of the time)
how many people: Never Log Out...?
how many people: Prefer Crunchy Peanut butter to the Smooooth..?

If you find yourself guesting all the time but haven't registered yet....whatsamattayou? not that there's anything wrong with it...
sorry if this question is in the wrong place...I just thought that was a wide big margin

Could all those guests be Steam'ers?

falcon409
June 10th, 2015, 20:25
That is a wide margin. For the most part I stay logged in.

Marvin Carter
June 10th, 2015, 20:30
I stay log in all the time, come here about five times a day!!!

Jafo
June 10th, 2015, 20:44
I never logout.

I have 6 'default' tabs that autoload 'if' I ever reboot..... SOH is one of 'em...;)

Daveroo
June 10th, 2015, 20:47
i stay logged in all the time

heywooood
June 10th, 2015, 21:00
huh..and here I thought I was somewhere in the average...logging in generally but not always.

for this reason I am often late to be aware of any PM's I get - maybe I should stay logged in too -

but now that 'guest' number begins to look a little more interesting...

All I will say then to any potential member of this site is that you gain access to the venerable library of add on aircraft, scenery, ships etc...some of which you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere, if you do decide to register...

and who knows, maybe someday you could see your moniker all dressed in red letters - like the cool kids lol

manfredc3
June 10th, 2015, 21:50
I am auto-logged in every time I load the site, and am here several times a day.

roger-wilco-66
June 10th, 2015, 22:41
Same with me, auto logged in all the time.

The number of guests also could countain accesses from crawling scripts / bots / reference checkers from search engines or whatever, so this number does not neccessarily reflect a site usage by real persons.

Cheers,
Mark

Tim-HH
June 11th, 2015, 00:28
I'm only auto logged in on my desktop computer. So whenever I visit the site with my iPhone or iPad I'm just a guest.

Greetings
Tim

Peg o my heart
June 11th, 2015, 00:45
Yes, logged out only at the office, or sitting on the right

Naismith
June 11th, 2015, 01:03
Permanently logged in - except when I have an enforced reboot and/or occasionally clear out of the cache.

DaveWG
June 11th, 2015, 01:06
Crunchy.

Oh, and I stay logged in.

papab
June 11th, 2015, 01:07
Logged in all the time:encouragement:

stansdds
June 11th, 2015, 02:01
My home computer stays logged in. The only time I show up here as a guest is if I am on another computer or something happened and my log in cookies were deleted.

Wizard
June 11th, 2015, 03:23
Always login and out. Once in a great while I forget to log in.

Duckie
June 11th, 2015, 04:45
Desktop stays logged in. Mobile devices not.

gradyhappyg
June 11th, 2015, 05:24
Crunchy on bread smooth on crackers.
Stay logged in.

Wayland
June 11th, 2015, 05:51
Let's see, in order:

Login on bootup

Stay logged in until shut-down

Both

Steve:encouragement:

Jafo
June 11th, 2015, 06:22
Let's see, in order:

Login on bootup

Both

Steve:encouragement:

One better...

Login on bootup

'Never' shut-down. [most recent uptime...19 days 8 hours 35 minutes] ...;)

IanP
June 11th, 2015, 06:24
If I'm on my notebook, I'm logged in. If I'm on my desktop, or following a link from another site/thread/Google then I may well not be as they don't always follow the auto-login details unfortunately. That's something else to think of.

Can't eat peanut butter. I'd rather have a wife not having a violent allergic reaction to it.

Ian P.

jankees
June 11th, 2015, 06:45
Crunchy, and logged in/on

Terry
June 11th, 2015, 06:51
Always logged on.

heywooood
June 11th, 2015, 08:14
Same with me, auto logged in all the time.

The number of guests also could countain accesses from crawling scripts / bots / reference checkers from search engines or whatever, so this number does not neccessarily reflect a site usage by real persons.

Cheers,
Mark

yes - I had considered that might also account for an unknown percentage...I wonder if it is unquantifiable...

heywooood
June 11th, 2015, 08:18
If I'm on my notebook, I'm logged in. If I'm on my desktop, or following a link from another site/thread/Google then I may well not be as they don't always follow the auto-login details unfortunately. That's something else to think of.

Can't eat peanut butter. I'd rather have a wife not having a violent allergic reaction to it.

Ian P.

food allergies, my son has celiac - gluten intolerance..have to make a ton of dietary changes for that one too...

todays number is 30 members - 81 guests...almost three to one

Paul Anderson
June 11th, 2015, 09:11
I sign on when:
Want to post something.
Reply to a post.
Want to download something or just get to the download item to see what it looks like.
See what's up in Canelo's Cantina.
Mark items in forums I visit as read.

Can't see any reason to log in if just browsing.
If it makes any difference to SOH staff stats, please advise and/or mention in signup process.

mal998
June 11th, 2015, 09:14
I stay logged in, but can't say I'm a fan of peanut butter.

T Square
June 11th, 2015, 09:29
:untroubled: I stay logged in all the time, but tell me oh mighty powerful Oz, what difference does it really make ?

Daveroo
June 11th, 2015, 09:31
peanutbutter??...well i like both,but i cant have smooth because father doesnt like it,and he wont even buy it for me out here as a snack..(i pay "rent"..but its actually my food money share)....

back to log in,,im logged it auto all the time,,or the "remember me" box is checked,only time its not is when i do a system clean with CCleaner,or this thing wont boot...speaking of..my pc is new,will run FSX wonderfully,BUT ive had to re-install three times now,the OS has been re-installed the three times.

would it be true,that if my Ibuypower keyboard and mouse were plugged into the blue 3.0 ports on top of my pc,or even my external HD,which was first used to back up flight sim files under the XP OS,then Vista and now win 8.1..in the top mounted blue 3.0 ports,would that cause my pc to try to "boot to those peripherals"? so said the nice guy i talked to at ibuypower,its seems to me to be true as i tried it again after i got off the phone with the guy,i rebooted,it started fine,then i shut it down,plugged the KB/mouse into the two blue 3.0's and poof,it wouldnt start.hard shut down,unplug/plug into rear black,and normal start up,why?

Cees Donker
June 11th, 2015, 09:34
8 members and 2 guests at this time on this thread, I'm always logged in....

Cees

PRB
June 11th, 2015, 10:13
I always log off when I leave. Crunchy is no good.

glennc
June 11th, 2015, 10:17
I make an effort to stay logged in but I have enough devices it can be confusing. One or two of them don't get used much and the cookies get lost.

glenn

Ickie
June 11th, 2015, 10:32
I am here 24/7:dizzy:

BrittMac
June 11th, 2015, 10:50
how many people: Log in every time they come here..? (I probably log in 1/3 of the time)
how many people: Never Log Out...?
how many people: Prefer Crunchy Peanut butter to the Smooooth..?

Could all those guests be Steam'ers?

Logged in all the time. (takes forever to log back in if it resets or whatever)
Smooth. Much like how you called people "Steam'ers" and no one else has laughed at that (it seems).

I would call people steamers all the time if I could. Nicely done. (I am an old school FS2/9/X guy, but I have steam too, so don't hate)

fsxar177
June 11th, 2015, 11:00
Always logged in here..

Some of those 'guests' are likely bots.

- Joseph

heywooood
June 11th, 2015, 11:15
:untroubled: I stay logged in all the time, but tell me oh mighty powerful Oz, what difference does it really make ?

well in the whole grand configuration of things...it doesn't I s'pose - I just thought that if many of those guests were actual folks who were no already registered, they might consider registering if we talked about them all openly and finger pointy and a whatnot.

BtW : I am also a Steam'er BrittMac lol

the words you have seen here today were intended for entertainment purposes only and contained no real meaning. No vowels or consonants were harmed even as the english language itself was brutally murdered..carry on then

heywooood
June 11th, 2015, 11:20
I am here 24/7:dizzy:

..and I am so sorry...and thankful...

heywooood
June 11th, 2015, 11:23
8 members and 2 guests at this time on this thread, I'm always logged in....

Cees

on the thread - yes

on the site just now - 42 members and 91 guests

JimmyRFR
June 11th, 2015, 11:52
Smooooooooooooooooooth only.

Anything else is an abomination. :)

Oh, and I stay logged in. I'm lazy and I hate logging in/out. However, if / when I browse on one of my mobile devices, I'm too lazy to log in...

I'm also a Steam'er, but not for FSX at this point. That said, this darn sale that just launched is going to make me very, very poor. Almost everything in my wishlist is 33 - 50% off right now...

gman5250
June 11th, 2015, 12:03
Logged in almost full time.
Check in many times daily.

ViperPilot2
June 11th, 2015, 12:12
I stay logged in, with a Bookmark on the Taskbar. I also check in quite frequently.

Alan :untroubled:

hairyspin
June 11th, 2015, 12:23
If there were only members browsing and no guests I'd call that the beginning of the end for this site. Why doesn't crunchy come with a box of toothpicks? :biggrin-new:

txnetcop
June 11th, 2015, 14:32
Autologged and CRUNCHY..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Ted

CodyValkyrie
June 11th, 2015, 15:11
I'd be willing to bet that a lot of those "guests" are simply people using Google to find simple solutions to questions, such as technical problems, release information, pictures, etc.

Anthin
June 11th, 2015, 15:38
Always logged on.

Anthin.

Paul Domingue
June 11th, 2015, 18:13
Smooth and creamy with a little honey on graham crackers. I'm auto logged in and visit several times a day.

Sundog
June 11th, 2015, 18:51
Always logged in.

Javis
June 11th, 2015, 19:17
Hate it to see i'm logged off every now and then for whatever reason.

I'd like my peanut butter to be smooth. My frogs however i'd like to be crunchy.

https://youtu.be/Dy6uLfermPU

WND
June 12th, 2015, 01:38
I have to say I visit the sight several times a day and I log in / roam around / make a few comments now and then if need be / and log out EACH time !!

Oh, grew up on PP & J - like creamy and smooth !!

WND

norab
June 12th, 2015, 02:19
always logged in

stansdds
June 12th, 2015, 02:32
I'd be willing to bet that a lot of those "guests" are simply people using Google to find simple solutions to questions, such as technical problems, release information, pictures, etc.

Most likely true.

wombat666
June 12th, 2015, 03:20
Always log in and 'auto' log out.
No commercial 'Peanut Butter' here, we make our own 'Peanut Paste' in whatever variety floats yer boat!
:jump:

modelr
June 13th, 2015, 06:23
Stay logged in all the time. Visit site several times a day.

Prefer crunchy, but can't chew it anymore. Can't keep top plate in mouth due to extreme gag reflex. NOT FUNNY!! :banghead: So I eat smooth & creamy, straight from the jar.

pfflyers
June 13th, 2015, 07:08
I'm logged in all the time. Laziness mostly. Often visit several times a day.

Smooth these days. In my younger days I preferred crunchy then I saw the true path to peanut butter bliss, and it was smooth.

I'm a brand new steamer too.

DaveSHQ
June 13th, 2015, 08:05
Crunchy and logged out unless I want to post something.

I don't want my kids pranking me. Yeah they're jokesters sometimes

heywooood
June 13th, 2015, 12:56

that's my situation - my son is the very same kind of 'opportunist'
he doesnt live with us anymore, but old habits as they say.

on another note, the peanut butter poll has been interesting...
I never knew what a lightning rod it could be.. Some folks are
committed to their style of spread... as it were

Naismith
June 13th, 2015, 13:45
I stay logged in, with a Bookmark on the Taskbar. I also check in quite frequently.

Alan :untroubled:
That's a good idea, never occurred to me.

Smooth PB. When I was found to have type 2 diabetes I thought that would be the end of my PB indulgence. Attended a three 1/2 day seminars and the nurses there said it was OK in moderation i.e. 1 Tblspn a day. I have a very large tablespoon I told them.

Cees Donker
June 13th, 2015, 20:51

No one has the permission to use my comp.

:a1310:

Cees

mfitch
June 13th, 2015, 21:41
On this computer I am always logged in, and I don't use other computers for this forum.

Peanut butter should be fresh ground to smooth then combined with chocolate. Fresh ground peanuts can be added for texture.

jmbiii
June 14th, 2015, 06:27
I stay logged in on desktop. Other devices not.
As to PB, I like both, but wife only buys smooth. Summer time favorite - PB sandwich with fresh cucumber slices ! Dill pickle slices are a good substitute when cukes are not available.:jump:

Bjoern
June 14th, 2015, 10:48
I get auto-logged out after xy minutes of inactivity. I don't carry log-ins or cookies across browser sessions either.

Dangerousdave26
June 14th, 2015, 15:39

That is actually what is going on. Most of them are Bots

Ickie
June 14th, 2015, 15:48
click this link and you will see who is who and what they are looking at/for

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/online.php

heywooood
June 14th, 2015, 17:01
wow...that's interesting...

Maybe binge watching the X-Files is not a good idea after all....

Wozza
June 14th, 2015, 20:15
logged out 99.9999% of the time..which means Im a guest member
funny thing is you need to be logged in to post,so that explains the Replies 62, views 1816 stat

Ian Warren
June 14th, 2015, 21:04
Nothing to hide , always log in ... guess it just being proud to be part off the community ! :encouragement: