PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm ready for Feb 21!!!

Moparmike
January 29th, 2009, 17:24
WooHoo! Finished assembly on my sim-pit desk today.
Details here...http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=9437

jkcook28
January 30th, 2009, 06:30
Looks good! A Tempo seat? ugh. Laz-Y-Boy is what it needs. And a bit more thought into a keyboard interface! :costumes:
Can't beat a man with a plan. :typing:

Moparmike
January 30th, 2009, 13:53
Looks good! A Tempo seat? ugh. Laz-Y-Boy is what it needs. And a bit more thought into a keyboard interface! :costumes:
Can't beat a man with a plan. :typing:

Yeah, the Tempo seat was a donation from one of my parts cars...need to do some scrounging for something else at the local scrap yard when the snow goes away. It does sit about the same as a 60s/70s Piper so at least I do get a good GA feel while flying anyway! LOL
This is budget building at it's best...so far the desk itself has a grand pricetag of $10 for the new 2x4s & the screws! :d

The keyboard tray is a work in progress. I had a change of plans halfway through building the yoke mount and didn't have anymore countertop scraps left.

MaddogK
January 31st, 2009, 02:48
VERY cool, but where's the cup holder ??
:ernae:

...ahhh wait, stewardess, right ?

Dangerousdave26
January 31st, 2009, 03:31
VERY cool, but where's the cup holder ??
:ernae:

...ahhh wait, stewardess, right ?

Coffee, Tea or .... :gossip:

He'd never get off the ground :icon_lol:

srgalahad
February 11th, 2009, 20:38
I had to empty, clean and rearrange the computer room but it was worth it... I'm ready too:ernae:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=111457&postcount=19

srgalahad
February 11th, 2009, 20:43
The keyboard tray is a work in progress. I had a change of plans halfway through building the yoke mount and didn't have anymore countertop scraps left.

I can blow that budget wide open, but it might be worth it...

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p=32491&cat=3,43597,61305&ap=1

Tilt, slide, pivot and swivel. I have one in the closet waiting for after the RTW to install

GT182
February 12th, 2009, 08:49
SrG, I like that keyboard arm. But... I'd like to see one that will attach to the chair arm, with a spot for a mouse too. Then they'd be a bit handier to use with my set up. ;)

srgalahad
February 12th, 2009, 08:57
SrG, I like that keyboard arm. But... I'd like to see one that will attach to the chair arm, with a spot for a mouse too. Then they'd be a bit handier to use with my set up. ;)

I have been thinking along those lines too. Two issues I have to work on:
--dang cables and how to route them
--pivot or remove to allow a pilot a coffee break without generating a broken neck.

It's a summer project and if i get it solved I'll post it.

Rob

Flork
February 12th, 2009, 10:21
Photos of my sim:

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn190/aflorkowski/Flightsim/?albumview=grid

This is the display module. It has since been added to a pit. Presently am adding buttons/switches as well as mixture/prop/flap levers...

Gnoopey
February 12th, 2009, 10:43
I had to empty, clean and rearrange the computer room ...

snipped ...

... will have to finally finish this, too!

Just finally got myself all the 'bits and pieces' for a new comp - woohoooo :) Will begin tomorrow with some 'serious' rearrangements - oldest workstation (Dell Precision 410 from 1998) has to 'go' before the new comp can 'fly'; but will hopefully still have time enough to get 'shipshape' prior to the start .... phew ...

Here's the stuff to be assembled and 'integrated' / mixed / matched with my former 'workhorse' workstation (Precision 650 from 03/2003) ...

Enermax Phoenix - Midi-Tower
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W PS
Asus P6T Deluxe - Intel X58
Intel Core i7-920 (2.66 Ghz - 8 MB L3 cache - 4.8 GT/s)
RAM 6 GB DDR3 - PC12800 (1600 Mhz), CL9 (Patriot / Kit-of-3)
Asus ATI EAH4870X2 (2 GB DDR5)
1x Western Digital VelociRaptor (HD 300 GB - WD3000HLFS)
2x Western Digital Caviar Black (HD 1 TB - WD1001FALS)
Yeah, obviously I'm back into self assembly after two Dell Workstations used during the last eleven years. Dang my last self assembled comp was a Pentium (one) - another Asus PCI/I-P55TP4N with two Pentiums running at 166 Mhz ... (!) :faint::rapture:
EDIT: BTW - the stuff above got 'easily financed' with my "NO longer smoking budget" of the last five months - dang, I'm still 'clean' since last september after having smoked four packs a day for the last 25 odd years or so - phew ;)

fliger747
February 12th, 2009, 10:46
Cup holder? Most computers have them, they pop out of the console front when you push on them.....

T.

srgalahad
February 12th, 2009, 12:10
... will have to finally finish this, too!

Just finally got myself all the 'bits and pieces' for a new comp - woohoooo :) Will begin tomorrow with some 'serious' rearrangements - oldest workstation (Dell Precision 410 from 1998) has to 'go' before the new comp can 'fly'; but will hopefully still have time enough to get 'shipshape' prior to the start .... phew ...

Here's the stuff to be assembled and 'integrated' / mixed / matched with my former 'workhorse' workstation (Precision 650 from 03/2003) ...
EDIT: BTW - the stuff above got 'easily financed' with my "NO longer smoking budget" of the last five months - dang, I'm still 'clean' since last september after having smoked four packs a day for the last 25 odd years or so - phew ;)

Congrats Tom!!
We have, of course, been hoping you'd be able to make it. We have several seats ready and waiting.
Nice way to save for the computer... now if I listened to my wife I could have afforded all your toys too :wave:

fliger... is THAT what's it's for??? All this time I've been using it for CD storage... but it'll only hold 3 before the tray jams up :whistle:

jkcook28
February 12th, 2009, 13:33
Get cracking Gnoop! That's good news on both 'puter and non-smoking ban. Cya at the start line. :typing:

RedGreen
February 13th, 2009, 03:32
None of your computer desks and chairs measure up to the elite custom one I made myself...

xP3xiLKJ9_4

:jump:

Moparmike
February 13th, 2009, 05:26
None of your computer desks and chairs measure up to the elite custom one I made myself...

:jump:

Ahhh but that episode was my inspiration! :d I just had to change things up a bit.

smilo
February 13th, 2009, 06:34
very nice, Mike.
I'm using the seat out of my '94 GMC Safari that gave up last year.
the seat is highback, reclines, has foldup armrests and is very comfortable.
I even have a spare for later.
my desk is a 3/4 x30 x 48 scrap of marine plywood that I got from work. I added a swivel extension that is bolted to the desk for the main keyboard and stick so I can easily get them out of the way for a pit stop.
I am currently running three monitors with a new 47' LCD as the main. it is also hooked up to the dish so I can watch tv if I want.
the wife says I should move the small spare fridge down here....:kiss:

srgalahad
February 13th, 2009, 06:49
very nice, Mike.
I'm using the seat out of my '94 GMC Safari that gave up last year.
the seat is highback, reclines, has foldup armrests and is very comfortable.

Bet the wife was pleased it wasn't a back:kiss: seat from the Safari

the wife says I should move the small spare fridge down here....:kiss:

Not enough room... use the #1 fridge. More space for when the team holds the post-race party at your place and want's to watch TV :monkies:

smilo
February 13th, 2009, 11:07
the wife was pleased that I didn't use a seat from her Pasat,
but I know it would be pushing it if I took the #1 fridge.

fliger747
February 13th, 2009, 12:43
So that's what I can do with the seat from the 74 SAAB.....

T.