PDA

View Full Version : Computer Pilot Magazine?

Naismith
June 2nd, 2015, 15:42
Whatever happened to the re-launch of that Mag? I was just going through my old collection, hoping to weed out some really old out of date stuff when the thought occurred. The upshot of that exercise was folly as none got removed, there was always some article or flight I could find that I will try out some day..... It is a shame that we lost it. Another thought that struck was how things have changed so much in a relatively short timespan. There were peoples set ups from not so long ago where they proudly display humungous CRT monitors as opposed to LCD's.

manfredc3
June 2nd, 2015, 21:21
Their website is still up, and you can register, but most pages look kinda outdated.

http://web.computerpilot.com/

I personally have a subscription with PCPilot, and have had that for many years. Still looking forward to every new release.

Still sad to see these kinds of magazines disappear.

But with the latest revamp of the Flight simulator market (Steam) and quality of recent add-ons, I do think that there is plenty of subjects to write about.

And, yes...... a lot has changed over the last 10 years or so.

Let me get back to my magazine, and my home built cockpit which I finished 18 months ago.

Naismith
June 2nd, 2015, 22:36
Bizarre my Google search for them failed to find it this morning. :dizzy:It does seem a month or so out of date. And yes I do like PC Pilot mag however I cannot find it here anymore. A local supermarket used to stock it occasionally but when the English manager moved on they stopped - He must have been a simmer. I dislike d/l mags but may have to bite the bullet and sign up with them.

Edit I just clicked on your link a second time and it could not find it. Third time was good however.

dhasdell
June 2nd, 2015, 23:58
Naismith: There's a digital version of PC Pilot which might be worth a look if you can't find a stockist any more: http://www.pcpilot.net/subscribe.asp

b52bob
June 3rd, 2015, 06:08
Bizarre my Google search for them failed to find it this morning. :dizzy:It does seem a month or so out of date. And yes I do like PC Pilot mag however I cannot find it here anymore. A local supermarket used to stock it occasionally but when the English manager moved on they stopped - He must have been a simmer. I dislike d/l mags but may have to bite the bullet and sign up with them.

Edit I just clicked on your link a second time and it could not find it. Third time was good however.

Just remember, "brown shoes don't make it".

i have the digital version of pcpilot and do enjoy it. Loads cheaper than the print version.

bob

Lewis-A2A
June 3rd, 2015, 06:46
Can you get a subscription out to the US, or is it a bit costly to get it shipped out there?

cheers,
Lewis

manfredc3
June 3rd, 2015, 09:59
I have a subscription for the paper version of PCPilot. Cost about $60 for a 2 year sign up, and no shipping charges. For me the magazine is worth every penny

Naismith
June 3rd, 2015, 10:05
Can you get a subscription out to the US, or is it a bit costly to get it shipped out there?

cheers,
Lewis

Possibly but I live in Canada - yes I know and I apologise, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. :pop4:

Naismith
June 3rd, 2015, 10:07
I have a subscription for the paper version of PCPilot. Cost about $60 for a 2 year sign up, and no shipping charges. For me the magazine is worth every penny
$79.99 to Canada - Swmbo would probably veto. :banghead:

Dutcheeseblend
June 3rd, 2015, 10:24
I'm subscribed to PCPilot for 6 years now, every time a 2-year sub. Around 70 euro's IIRC, to The Netherlands.