PDA

View Full Version : Portover VC texture problem

Willy
June 1st, 2015, 03:06
I'm trying to port over the JE Narcizo Piper Super Cub (a long time favorite). I'm using his latest version the v3 and the VC textures panel won't show up in either FSX Steam or FS Panel Studio. The 2d panel bit map was saved at the same time in the same format (24bit .bmp) and it's showing up if I turn switch the settings to 2d vice VC. I'm just getting a black model with the gauges on it which is somewhat annoying as I put a lot of time in on getting that particular bitmap just like I wanted it.

Any suggestions? I suspect that it's probably something simple that I'm overlooking...

Thanks in advance

W

Tako_Kichi
June 1st, 2015, 03:32
If the images showing up as black are saved in 24bit format that might be the problem. If you are saving them as .bmp files then try saving them in DXT5 format and see if that works Willy.

Willy
June 1st, 2015, 17:41
Larry, no idea what I did on the ones that were in there, but I copied the textures and panel.cfg over from the FS9 version that I had installed in that sim and now it works. A little regauging in FS Panel Studio to replace the .gau files and it's working great now.

Tako_Kichi
June 1st, 2015, 19:16
Glad you got it sorted Willy.