PDA

View Full Version : Are They Serious?

strikehawk
May 31st, 2015, 09:18
Well, it was only an amount of time but today I came across a file at Flightsim that made FSX flyable with an Xbox controller. One of the selling points is that if you ran into turbulence the controller will vibrate in your hands. Sorry, that is one file that I won't be installing and will not allow my oldest grandson to use when I get him the Steam edition of FSX. AS much as I like the fact that FSX is on Steam my biggest fear is that it will soon become an even bigger pain in the neck that the Zone used to be. As far as I'm concerned this is just another sign of this sim getting dumbed down to the lowest denominator. Sorry if I sound like a grouchy old man but I just could not believe that someone thinks that this is a good idea. Okay, my rant is over, now I have to get some kids off of my lawn.

Bjoern
May 31st, 2015, 12:10
Well, even a console controller is twenty times better than flying with the keyboard.

JimmyRFR
May 31st, 2015, 12:36
Not everyone's so serious about the idea of flying on a computer screen, apparently. :)

Each to their own. No harm done.

Willy
May 31st, 2015, 12:41
AS much as I like the fact that FSX is on Steam my biggest fear is that it will soon become an even bigger pain in the neck that the Zone used to be.

That's why I fly on the SOH server. Someone gets too rowdy there, we'll boot 'em!! And everyone's welcome as long as they behave like adults.

Naismith
May 31st, 2015, 13:06
That's why I fly on the SOH server. Someone gets too rowdy there, we'll boot 'em!! And everyone's welcome as long as they behave like adults.

In all my years I have yet to try the SOH server - note to self to try it one day. :encouragement:

darklight
May 31st, 2015, 14:48
I've used a 360 controller before when I was 'between sticks' but still wanted to SIM. It isn't a great experience, but it let me fly when I wanted to. Didn't need to download an files either - FSX has always worked out of the box with 360 controllers.

bdf369
June 1st, 2015, 11:23
All through the OP I was thinking "... and get off my lawn!". And then there it was. LOL :D