PDA

View Full Version : AI Traffic

Willy
May 29th, 2015, 05:19
Is there anything like Traffic Tools for FSX? Or will the older stuff still work?

delta_lima
May 29th, 2015, 05:31
AIFP.

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP

Just as easy to use as TTools was, AND it can convert FS9 traffic bgls to FSX.

DL

Daube
May 29th, 2015, 06:05
AIFP.
AND it can convert FS9 traffic bgls to FSX.

Indeed, one of the most important features.
For the context: FSX can read and use the traffic files (flightplans BGL files) that are in FS9 format, but in that case, it will ignore/disable all the traffic that is in FSX format. This is some kind of well-known bug in the sim.
The solution is to use AIFP to convert all the FS9 BGLs to FSX format, and then the bug dissappears and all the traffic of the sim is back :)
AIFP has some easy tools in the menus to find these FS9 files. You just need to specify a parent folder, and AIFP will search for FS9 traffic in all the subfolders, then will show the results.
You can also mass-convert these files to FSX format in a few clicks.

expat
May 29th, 2015, 11:11
Hey, Willy! Great to see it's never to late to join the "dark side" !!

Actually, I am very schooled on doing very manual, basic FS9 methods in FSX. So, yes, I do use the fancy AI Planner thing BUT good ol' Lee Swordy's TTools (god bless him) does also work in FSX! Using it right now decorating the Solomon Islands with some WWII flightplans. Download it into FSX. Each I launch it I get an error message (you will get used to this porting in FS9 planes - 80% of my 1000+ planes in FSX are portovers btw) but just click ok and up it comes and away you go. Happy flight planning.

expat

expat
May 29th, 2015, 15:14
But DO NOT put FS9 Traffic Files in FSX as it will suppress all your AI. You can use AIFP to convert FS9 to FSX Traffic Files.