PDA

View Full Version : How to convert fs9 planes to fsx?

Capt.Vaughn
January 29th, 2009, 14:23
Can anyone point me to a tutorial somewhere that will explain to me how to convert fs9 planes to fsx?I had fs9 for years,got all kinds of planes,problem is,not many fsx planes like bearcat,corsair,planes I can use on a carrier,and fs9 planes dont work to good with Acceleration.But if I could convert them,maybe they would work.

Milu83
January 29th, 2009, 14:35
Hello Capt. Vaughn

Not too mutch help but,
I've had read a couple a weeks ago that there is a program that converts your most liked aircrafts to be fsx compatible. I'm sorry but the name is out of my mind, but i'm sure that the program is payware.
I think aircraft creators knows better witch program to use ,maybe there is some freeware also but i'm not sure about it.

Have a nice day

Lionheart
January 29th, 2009, 15:12
First off,

Convert all textures to DDS and make sure they are flipped Vertically.. (Not rotated but flipped).

Add a great deal of blackness to the prop disc or use an existing prop disc from FSX. You want an almost pure black Alpha on it.

That is about all you can do there... No 'model file enhancement program' exists, but there are ways to tune bits of it.

Also, add some screenshots to each of the texture folders, copy their sizes and name format, and they will be JPG's. Then copy/paste the Camera Viewpoints from a similar sized aircraft 'aircraft.cfg' file (such as the Maule) and paste that into your new 'aircraft.cfg' file so you have camera angles going on.

:ernae:

Bill

MCDesigns
January 29th, 2009, 15:47
Hi Capt. Vaughn, no conversion program exists other than taking the original modeling source files and making it a native FSX aircraft (assigning new texture properties, new animations and running it thru the FSX compiler), but this can only be done by the original author.

Best we can do is what Bill suggests and while that works fine for most portovers, there will be some that will always have issues.

dhazelgrove
January 29th, 2009, 18:54
I've ported various aircraft from FS9 to FSX with (mostly) success. They've all been jets, though, so I don't have to worry about prop textures.
Also, because I only run FSX SP1, I don't have to worry about glass textures either.

Everything has to be done manually - to answer your original question.

Dave

Milu83
January 30th, 2009, 02:58
Hello,

The name comes in mind: the program what can convert the things that you need is Addon Converter X , and
it is payware.
Good luck

Arkycharlie
January 30th, 2009, 07:50
Convert all textures to DDS and make sure they are flipped Vertically.. (Not rotated but flipped).

I've searched for a tutorial on how this is done with no success. Can someone provide a link or point to a source of information for this process? Thanks!