PDA

View Full Version : Notice for the COMCAST.NET Users!!

Pluto12
May 26th, 2015, 12:14
Hi to all,
we want only to point out that "comcast.net" provider always refuses our e-mails. Every time we try to send an e-mail to a "comcast" user we get this message:

"Failed; 5.1.2 (bad destination system address) Remote MTA mx1.comcast.net: network error
- SMTP protocol diagnostic: 554 resimta-po-11v.sys.comcast.net comcast x (http://82.57.200.101/)x.xxx.xxx.xx Comcast block for spam"

For this reason it is impossible for us to communicate with those users which have that provider. We have written already three times to Comcast to try to solve, but we haven't received an answer yet.
(We have also tried with others Italian service provider to send e-mail (Alice, Telecom etc etc), but with the same result)

Best regards
Emanuele
SSW Staff

roger-wilco-66
May 26th, 2015, 12:22
This is usually an automatism because Comcast - as well as many other providers - probably checks the RBL lists before accepting any mails.

You might want to check that x-ed out IP with

http://www.tcpiputils.com/dns-blackhole-list

or another dnsrbl checker. If any RBL has that IP adress listed, you will have to clear it off that list, otherwise Comcast will probably refuse to take any action. It's also always interesting to know why one is blacklisted in order to avoid that in the future.

HTH,
Mark

WarHorse47
May 26th, 2015, 12:33
Yes. It would be nice to get this resolved.

jojohnson9
May 26th, 2015, 15:46
After I made a stupid and unwarranted comment about one of SSW's planes on another thread, they tried to contact me via email at Comcast. They could not email me because of this problem. So SSW refunded my full purchase price, rather than activate the jet. I understand their actions...I didn't take time to read the activation steps clearly outlined at SSW. Had SSW been able to contact me, I might be flying their airplane today. I don't know why Comcast is doing this, but I hope this problem is cleared up soon.

Sundog
May 26th, 2015, 17:59
FYI, I have Comcast as well, but I go through an e-mail re-direct through my own website and haven't had any problems as a result. For those of you having problems on Comcast directly, have you considered getting a g-mail account or a third party e-mail that might work for you? I just throw that out there for anyone who really wants their planes and needs to find a way around Comcast. Good luck.