PDA

View Full Version : A5m1 claude

dasuto247
May 24th, 2015, 21:02
Looking for A5M1 CLAUDE for CFS 2 I used to have.Seems I deleted it.The one in SOH downloads will not work for some reason.Shows up on screen but when is in my aircraft folder, the ME wont load gives an error message and free flight will do same if try to start a flight.I used to have am A5M1 that worked well.Do not believe it's same one.Any ideas?

Allen
May 24th, 2015, 22:27
Link to said aircraft? Close as I can get is a A5M4. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=53&linkid=1138

Maxstuka
May 24th, 2015, 22:33
av history 1% team, best model ever!. I reconfigurate the dp, and was breaking parts. It is just like a another stock Microsoft aircraft.

dasuto247
May 25th, 2015, 09:31
Link to said aircraft? Close as I can get is a A5M4. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=53&linkid=1138

That was the one that will not work for some reason. The ME won't load will say files are corrupt if the plane is in my aircraft folder, wont load in free flight either. However, if I start a mission and switch, it will load up.

dasuto247
May 25th, 2015, 09:31
av history 1% team, best model ever!. I reconfigurate the dp, and was breaking parts. It is just like a another stock Microsoft aircraft.

Link? Willing to share the new dp?

Maxstuka
May 25th, 2015, 10:17
Link? Willing to share the new dp?

the models is in SOH not in typically aircraft, there are another folder I do not remember the name, but some like "av history file", or "1% model". search another folders.

This is my custom setting for this model, and is the best that you can get. damage were change, setting breaking parts, and add a corret panel, but this panel is not included in this small zip.

Allen
May 25th, 2015, 12:25
That was the one that will not work for some reason. The ME won't load will say files are corrupt if the plane is in my aircraft folder, wont load in free flight either. However, if I start a mission and switch, it will load up.

It could be from CFS2 don't like many aircraft being listed in the same aircraft.cfg. Next could be the panel. 1024x786 don't work on Win 7 forward. They need to be resized down to 640x480. Last could be all of the FS2004 crap in the aircraft.cfg but that is unlikely.

I got it to work by removing all of the extra aircraft listed in the aircraft.cfg. (Delete from [fltsim.1] to the last one in the list. Leave [fltsim.0]!!!) and resize all of the panel files down to 640x480. I also removed all of FS2004 crap in the aircraft.cfg.

dasuto247
May 26th, 2015, 18:15
Apparently because of all the different skins in the A5M4 file (10) it counts as 10 aircraft, which was putting me over my limit, same with the 1% version, it put me over the 100 plane limit.I removed some planes, both work fine now.Reason I needed the A5M is I am building the Feb 1 1942 raids by Enterprise and Yorktown with the ME.Read some A5M's were engaged by F4F's(Wildcat Aces of WW II, wish could find my copy it is MIA) so added some.

Allen
May 26th, 2015, 18:23
Yes the 100-ish cap...

Captain Kurt
May 29th, 2015, 09:01
Datsuto247

Are you building the Enterprise raids in early '42? You can save yourself some trouble if you want. Pen32Win did these historical missions in a 2 part upload the "Big E Fast Carrier Raids '42" part 1 and Part 2 available here. It includes the Claude interceptions at Roi. These are very well researched and recreated missions.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=44&id=2905

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=44&id=2906

Also, if you are interested in the Battle of the Coral Sea in 1942, the Shoho was carrying some A5M4's as well as Zeros. Two of them were shot down by VF2 when they engaged the CAP while protecting the TBDs.

oldwheat
May 29th, 2015, 09:29
Does anyone happen to know what color scheme was applied to the Claudes in that time period? I doubt that they still had red tails.

dasuto247
May 30th, 2015, 09:47
Datsuto247

Are you building the Enterprise raids in early '42? You can save yourself some trouble if you want. Pen32Win did these historical missions in a 2 part upload the "Big E Fast Carrier Raids '42" part 1 and Part 2 available here. It includes the Claude interceptions at Roi. These are very well researched and recreated missions.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=44&id=2905

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=44&id=2906

Also, if you are interested in the Battle of the Coral Sea in 1942, the Shoho was carrying some A5M4's as well as Zeros. Two of them were shot down by VF2 when they engaged the CAP while protecting the TBDs.

I am building the raids of Feb 1 1942 on Marshalls and Gilberts, built both TF 8 and 17, have a couple missions set up, testing and perfecting now.I will give the campaign in links above a try as well. I plan to do the Lae strikes of March 42 also and eventually the Coral Sea, Midway and other carrier battles of 42, but will take a while.

Captain Kurt
May 31st, 2015, 08:36
datsuto247,

Good for you, we can always use more good missions for this period.

Oldwheat,

The red tails were from the 1940 period in the China theater. I've never seen or read how they were marked in the 1942 Pacific theater, but I agree with you, they probably had plain IJN grey tails with the unit code applied,similar to how the Zeros were marked.

Anyone else have some information on this?

UncleTgt
May 31st, 2015, 11:35
CK,

The only photo I've seen depicting the A5M4 shipborne without a red tail is a shot of one aircraft from the Zuiho, & is captioned as "early 1942". It's exactly as you describe, except the tail codes seem to be white (or yellow) outlined in black. But they still retained their red longitudinal fuselage stripe, which seems most odd given they went to the trouble of eliminating/overpainting the red tailplanes ...