PDA

View Full Version : Turn off self shadowing for a specific plane

Roger
May 21st, 2015, 14:19
Is there a way to turn off self shadowing for a specific aircraft? I have an on going issue with the JF Vickers Viscount in Dx10 where artefacts appear over the forward canopy spoiling the look of the aircraft in spot view. If I rotate the aircraft in slew mode the issue is heightened dependant on where the aircraft is in relation to the position of the sun, so I assume it is to do with self shadowing. I don't want to turn off self shadowing in the sim as in all other aircraft I like the effect.

Roger
May 21st, 2015, 14:38
Is there a way to turn off self shadowing for a specific aircraft? I have an on going issue with the JF Vickers Viscount in Dx10 where artefacts appear over the forward canopy spoiling the look of the aircraft in spot view. If I rotate the aircraft in slew mode the issue is heightened dependant on where the aircraft is in relation to the position of the sun, so I assume it is to do with self shadowing. I don't want to turn off self shadowing in the sim as in all other aircraft I like the effect.

I turned off "AC_SELF_SHADOW" in the FsX.cfg and the issue remains so I'm stumped.

Here's the issue:

http://imgbox.com/gsYimOX1

bazzar
May 21st, 2015, 16:12
Hi Roger,

Unfortunately the only way to cure this is a remap of the model. Designed a while back, the Viscount was not configured for permanent DX10 use.
It has nothing to do with self-shadowing.:engel016:

Roger
May 21st, 2015, 22:50
Is there anything can be done, say with Martin Wright's MDLMatXX?