PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard vs Vista vs FS9

srgalahad
January 29th, 2009, 09:22
New computer runs like a dream but...
Vista 64, 2 drives as RAID 0, nothing on the machine except drivers, OS, anti-virus, Firefox and FS9, joystick with Windows driver ( Saitek drivers to be installed)

When I run FS9 (default install) all is great until I try to switch views via "S" or SHIFT+S or pop-up subpanels using SHIFT+xx ... the display locks -- actually it changes but shows a black screen or changes but does not refresh and move-- and does not resume except by mousing to Menu/world/map/OK OR ESC/ESC. IF I use the mouse to click on View ( and change the view) all goes well.

This is the first USB kbd I've had and never run into the same issue before. Possible driver/init conflict -- or any other ideas? All USB devices are thru system ports, not an external USB adapter/port.

Rob

srgalahad
January 29th, 2009, 10:46
OK.. a revision to the above.. default joystick is mapped to allow view switch using button #2
So I played a bit.
using keys or button #2 all view changes work with no interruption EXCEPT switching from 2D cockpit to VC or vice versa.
VS->2D seems to work occasionally, but not 2D->VC. SO it may not be a kbd issue but I can't find an overlapping command or any assignment issues.

I could scrap most 2D panels but there are times it's nice when you need to find an odd switch that's tiny in the VC

Flyin Bull
January 29th, 2009, 11:10
Rob

Had a same problem with FS9 in vista. Got it sorted when I changed vista to "classic" windows theme. All the vista themes caused FS9 to stall in "windowed" mode.

Hope this helps

Steve

srgalahad
January 29th, 2009, 14:42
it works.. dammitall.. I kinda liked the vista style. So much for good ideas with poor execution

Thanks Steve.