PDA

View Full Version : PC-6 Porter Early Demo Video

JimmyRFR
May 13th, 2015, 09:21
Looking forward to this one with much anticipation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=ps00Agmjqyg

Obie311
May 13th, 2015, 09:41
Me too! I've been flying the FSD version for quite awhile. Marcel's will be in a different league entirely. What a great versatile aircraft.

Obie

roger-wilco-66
May 13th, 2015, 09:44
I visit the AS forum for that once a week!

:jump:

Mark

JimmyRFR
May 13th, 2015, 09:51
I visit the AS forum for that once a week!

:jump:

Mark

Heh, me too. It's the only thread I check in on there, to be honest.

I absolutely adore Marcel's DA20, so the Porter, with it's added complexity, will be amazing I'm sure.

roger-wilco-66
May 13th, 2015, 10:47
I only hope that he includes a classic cockpit in the release, without GPS or other modern digital stuff. That would sort of get in the way when reenacting the Air America bush flying in Laos, for which I would buy the PC-6. Hmmm, sounds a bit selfish.

I think I'll drop a little question about that in the AS forum.

Cheers,
Mark

JimmyRFR
May 13th, 2015, 11:10
Purely based on the vast range of configuration options available for the DA20 (I have a GTN750 installed in mine, albeit without 3D knobs), and seeing as he's reusing some of the code & model parts (i.e. blue manual on the dash), I would be very surprised to see not having the option to hide that GPS that's visible. I hope that's the case as well.

Sieggie
May 13th, 2015, 11:12
He is reproducing D-FELI. If it has a GPS then his model will also.

Dave

joe bob
May 13th, 2015, 11:58
Yes, my impression is he is modeling that specific aircraft so this one will be a skydiving type, with the possibility of other versions later. I think he asked for any recommendations on real aircraft for him to model those after.

JimmyRFR
May 13th, 2015, 12:29
He is reproducing D-FELI. If it has a GPS then his model will also.

Dave

Well, the only interior pic of D-FELI that I could find which shows the left hand side of the panel doesn't show a GPS at all. So here's hoping the unit included in the virtual D-FELI is indeed able to be hidden!

roger-wilco-66
May 13th, 2015, 12:32
I posted an inquiry in the AS PC-6 preview thread, I'm sure Marcel will enlighten us :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Sundog
May 13th, 2015, 16:44
I'll have to watch out for this. I recently picked up the Papua New Guinea pack from Orbx (Jacksons International) and I've been using Piglets turbo Porter to make it into all of those bush strips (What fun!). But having an newer version will definitely be nice.

roger-wilco-66
May 14th, 2015, 00:52
Here's Marcel's answer:

--------8< snip

@ Mark: On the Parajumpers, please read the some of the last postings, we have talked about it not long ago. Should not take to long to find them. ;)

Designing complex add-ons has become very difficult because of the long development time and small amount of customers - compared for example with the gaming industry.

So the first release will be the D-FELI with authentic equipment. I would love to do more variants with adequate equipment, avionics, different cockpits and details on the exterior,
adjusted aerodynamics and custom rigging of the PT6A. We will have to find a solution to finance the further development.

I have already a system included to simulate other payloads than skydivers but I don't know, if it will be in the first release with the D-FELI.

--------8< snip

That's OK with me, they have to work within the expected returns in terms of sales. Actually, the panel is pretty classic as it is anyhow. And the rest, as a friend of mine said "at my I age plainly see through things I don't want to see", hehe.

Cheers,
Mark

CodyValkyrie
May 14th, 2015, 01:31
Been looking forward to this release for some time. Marcel's work is impeccable, and I adore the PC-6.

JimmyRFR
May 14th, 2015, 08:41
Here's Marcel's answer:

--------8< snip

@ Mark: On the Parajumpers, please read the some of the last postings, we have talked about it not long ago. Should not take to long to find them. ;)

Designing complex add-ons has become very difficult because of the long development time and small amount of customers - compared for example with the gaming industry.

So the first release will be the D-FELI with authentic equipment. I would love to do more variants with adequate equipment, avionics, different cockpits and details on the exterior,
adjusted aerodynamics and custom rigging of the PT6A. We will have to find a solution to finance the further development.

I have already a system included to simulate other payloads than skydivers but I don't know, if it will be in the first release with the D-FELI.

--------8< snip

That's OK with me, they have to work within the expected returns in terms of sales. Actually, the panel is pretty classic as it is anyhow. And the rest, as a friend of mine said "at my I age plainly see through things I don't want to see", hehe.

Cheers,
Mark

It's a-okay with me as well. Considering what he's bringing to the table on this in terms of a complex PT6A simulation, I'm more than willing to overlook that ugly GPS unit sitting on the dash. And I'd still be surprised if he hasn't included the ability to toggle it visible / non-visible, what with all the animations included with the DA20.

I just moved areas within the sim, from flying Hawaii non-stop for the last few months back up to California to take advantage of a few of my recent FTX acquisitions. I told myself that I was going to give some other planes in my hanger stick time as well, but nope, simply switched to a different livery of the DA20. Albeit sloooowww, it's easily my favorite aircraft in my hangar, beating out the 3 different A2A GA offerings. Another aircraft to that same level (or past) will be amazing to have. :)