PDA

View Full Version : FSX:SE and microstuttering

YoYo
May 11th, 2015, 02:46
2 days ago I installed FSX Steam Edition (clean install FSXSE in Microsoft/FSX).

I wonder than FSX SE dosen't work like boxed version of "old" FSX. FPS (stable 36, blocked 36) are very ok, stability is ok, I recived some of CTD but in total I think is ok here. Just I noticed than in FSXSE micro stutters are more perceptible than in boxed version, particularly evident on the ground. I used FSX tweeks too.

Did You notice the same problem with more stutters in FSX SE version than boxed FSX?

heywooood
May 19th, 2015, 08:02
2 days ago I installed FSX Steam Edition (clean install FSXSE in Microsoft/FSX).

I wonder than FSX SE dosen't work like boxed version of "old" FSX. FPS (stable 36, blocked 36) are very ok, stability is ok, I recived some of CTD but in total I think is ok here. Just I noticed than in FSXSE micro stutters are more perceptible than in boxed version, particularly evident on the ground. I used FSX tweeks too.

Did You notice the same problem with more stutters in FSX SE version than boxed FSX?

I notice the micro stutters - did you remove the 'skidmark.fx' from your effects folder? - it helps a little but is not a completely effective cure

Dumonceau
May 28th, 2015, 08:16

Some of the old boxed FSX tweaks should not be used anymore. Some of the coding has changed and that rendered some of the old tweaks counter-productive.

I don't use FSX at all anymore, but I'm sure that there is reading to be found on the net about this!

The best sollution is of course to move over to the darkest side that is called P3D. We have (very dark) chocolate cookies! :jump:

Johan