PDA

View Full Version : Building a 777

Trans_23
October 6th, 2008, 17:33
This is really cool. See a Delta 777 built and take off in 4 minutes 10 seconds.

This is a fast time elapsed sequence video of a Boeing 777 being assembled.

Very interesting. You may want to see it more than once to appreciate what is done. It is amazing

Click on the following:http://www.nmedia.com/777-200LR_Boeing.wmv (http://www.nmedia.com/777-200LR_Boeing.wmv)

N2056
October 6th, 2008, 17:49
Very Very Cool! :applause:

PRB
October 6th, 2008, 18:24
That was very interesting. It's amazing how they coordinate such a huge effort. Read someplace that the scheduling of the assembly of a 747 was done (before Microsoft Project) on a gigantic board that was the size of a two story building. It had all those MS Project scheduling thingies, made out of paper, thousands of jobs that had to be done, in order, to get a plane assembled. Even in today's world of computers it's a mind boggling thing. A B-29 was only slightly less complex!

Thanks for posting that Trans.

smoores
October 6th, 2008, 20:03
Whoa!:ernae:

mike_cyul
October 6th, 2008, 20:28
I liked the painting sequence! And interesting to see the way under underslung stuff wobbles around, which is not readily apparent in real-time. Thanks!

Mike

Tako_Kichi
October 6th, 2008, 21:21
Nice video!

The company I used to work for built the large blue machine that rolls the fuselage over, nice to see it in action after all these years.

When it was being built the company had to dig a huge hole in the workshop floor as our plant didn't have enough headroom to assemble it all for testing. It was amazing to see that machine go together piece by piece never mind the aircraft it was used to for.

cheezyflier
October 7th, 2008, 07:17
SWEEEET FIND! i just forwarded the link to about a gazillion people

Toastmaker
October 7th, 2008, 11:16
WOW ! Really interesting - thanks.

:applause:

srgalahad
October 7th, 2008, 11:31
It is impressive to see it all together like that. I had the privilege of sitting in the BFI control tower watching the prototype 777 depart on a test flight. Light load of course, but we measured the take-off distance at about 2100 ft.:d

Rob

pfflyers
October 7th, 2008, 18:58
I was hoping I'd see a blurry image of me in there, but they flew through my shop too fast to actually show the work we do.

I'll bet our managers wish we could really work that fast.