PDA

View Full Version : livery installer

mjrhealth
May 9th, 2015, 18:01
With all this new stuff developers are doing, one would have hoped that someone would come up with a livery installer. You install the plane with 2 default liveriers. It gives you the option to put the rest on another drive for install if you require later. That wil lkeep the C**p off the FSX drive. Than when you want or need another livery you simply run teh livery installer and it is done. I have on and off being going through my FSX planes removing the hundreds of unwanted liveries off my fsx aircraft.cfg. files. Doesnt take one much to realise how time consuming it is. But is speed up teh load time not having all those unnecessary liveries to load.

Lets hope someone picks this up.

falcon409
May 9th, 2015, 18:45
That would be a great utility, but we probably won't see something like that any time soon. "Addit Pro" has that function, but it's also bogged down with dozens of other things it does too that I'm not interested in so I never bothered with it. I used to make a separate folder in the aircraft folder named "Misc" and I would move unwanted liveries and their cfg info into that folder just in case I wanted to reinstall a couple from time to time. Then I got to a point where I realized those liveries were ones I didn't want anyway, so I went back and deleted all of them.

gradyhappyg
May 9th, 2015, 19:35
There is a free livery installer but as far a I know it doesn't have an uninstaller function: Second item down.
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

It may be of some use to you.

mjrhealth
May 10th, 2015, 00:25
Installing livereies isnt an issue its removing teh hundreds of unwanted ones. But thanks.

Bjoern
May 10th, 2015, 11:06
There's a topic about a freeware livery manager on Avsim, but for the life of me, I can't find it...