PDA

View Full Version : No Sound With TV

rewasiuk
May 9th, 2015, 08:11
Hooked up my computer to a 50 inch LED TV and the video quality is outstanding flying FSX. However, with the exception of ATC voices, there are no flap, landing gear or engine sounds. Oh, I have the computer connected to the TV thru an HDMI cable. Anything I can do?

Dumonceau
May 9th, 2015, 08:20
Yep, look in your sound configuration in the control panel. Look at the default sounds device and change it.

Cheers,

Johan

rewasiuk
May 9th, 2015, 12:15
Thanks for your input. Went into the Sound properties in Control Panel and made the necessary adjustments and voila, I have sound. Thanks again much appreciated.

Daveroo
May 9th, 2015, 14:50
what else do you have to do,to connect to a TV?...i have a 55" TCL ROKU TV,i tried with my old pc,but now i have a new one with a much better video card,but i have no clue if i needed a tv tuner?..or what....when i tired with the old pc,i had read it had to do with resolution..and the tv and pc video card didnt jibe...

Hdguy
May 9th, 2015, 14:54
Just connect with an HDMI cable(sound and picture) or with any other cable but that will not carry sound, you will have to patch it in from your computer.

rewasiuk
May 10th, 2015, 09:15
what else do you have to do,to connect to a TV?...i have a 55" TCL ROKU TV,i tried with my old pc,but now i have a new one with a much better video card,but i have no clue if i needed a tv tuner?..or what....when i tired with the old pc,i had read it had to do with resolution..and the tv and pc video card didnt jibe...

If your video card has an HDMI plug in, simply connect that cable to an HDMI connection on your TV and that's it. You'll have to use TV remote Input button to select proper HDMI connection. I had to resize the screen thru the Nvidia Control Panel and make sound adjustments thru the computer Control Panel. Video quality is much improved flying FSX. Good luck with this.

Daveroo
May 10th, 2015, 18:53
thanks ill give it a try

napamule
May 11th, 2015, 12:43
Here is what you need. An adopter. $8. Too easy.
Chuck B
Napamule

ejoiner
May 11th, 2015, 12:52
Hooked up my computer to a 50 inch LED TV and the video quality is outstanding flying FSX. However, with the exception of ATC voices, there are no flap, landing gear or engine sounds. Oh, I have the computer connected to the TV thru an HDMI cable. Anything I can do?

I have a 24 inch monitor, and a fairly late model PC (1 year old). I have thought of switching to a 40 inch HDTV. I would like to see pictures of FSX being flown on a big screen TV. Would be most excellent. Wife wont like it if I hook it up to the 60 inch TV in the living room though!:untroubled:

Eric

napamule
May 11th, 2015, 15:25
Eric,
First you have to move your computer close to that 50 in tv. Then you buy the cable (8 ft?) and plug it in. It can be plugged in but you don't see the PC feed until you choose the 'source' (HDMI 2?). So keep the remote handy and do quick swtich and no one will know. If she DOES catch you, blame it on that cheesy teen across the street (we all got one) blasting you with their remote, causing the tv to come on. Then, of course, she will wonder if the tv will come on when you are not home ('..it could short out and catch the house on fire' (use a high pitch voice if you like-hehe). Then when she is 'unto you', and you get nagged to death on a daily basis, get a divorce and sim all you want (ha).
Chuck B
Napamule