PDA

View Full Version : MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!!

DaveB
May 7th, 2015, 12:28
Yo guys..

Just ambled over to MilViz and found the P38 RTG. Downloaded but not installed yet:encouragement:
ATB
DaveB:)

Yossarian1943
May 7th, 2015, 13:26
Oh! Now I know what I will do this weekend! :jump:

Katoun
May 7th, 2015, 13:32
Hi all,

The MV P-38L is now LIVE and on sale. This is a COMPLETE redux of what is still for sale on the FSD site. We took the cockpit and redid it entirely, model and paint. We took the external and re-uv'd and repainted it in High Def. We redid all the bumps, specs and diffuse maps.

We redid the code, the flight dynamics, the sounds and everything else in this bird so that it's one of the best darned warbirds out there. (our opinion).

With 21 liveries, including 5 by Jan Kees Blom and 16 by Dmitry Usatiy, she comes ready for a variety of different locales, pilots and times...

This is also our first foray into the world of Tacpack. The plane comes in two flavors for that: Tacpack for P3Dv2.5 and Tacpack for FSX. Tacpack for Steam is NOT supported at this time. (note there are some sound bugs with Tacpack that we are, so far, unable to resolve. We will, with luck, get them fixed in a SP).

Please note that the 5$ deal for prior DIRECT purchasers of the P-38RB is only until the end of this month at midnight CST. After that, no reduction. All prior purchasers will be notified by mail about this deal.

We are offering this product off of our website ONLY for the time being.

Thank you for your attention.

Kat

huub vink
May 7th, 2015, 13:36
Although the model looks very nice, I thought one announcement was enough. Therefore I merged both threads.

Cheers,
Huub

Alan_A
May 7th, 2015, 13:42
On my way. Perfect timing, guys - means I'll be able to get my practice in for the Washington, DC Flyover (http://ww2flyover.org/) tomorrow :cool:

One question. I don't want to open up a can of sleeping dogs (mixed but I think accurate metaphor), and for that reason a simple yes or no answer will be more than enough. The question is, can the Tacpack version be used in P3D Professional, or only in P3D Academic?

Won't make a difference in whether I purchase, just wondering.

Thanks to everybody for your work on this!

EDIT: Looking at the P3D details on VRS' Tacpack page... and given that the Tacpack-ready version of the P-38 requires a separate Tacpack install (i.e. it's not a bundle)... I'm going to venture a guess that the P3D/Tacpack version of the P-38 will only let you run Tacpack in the Academic version. Again, if that's so, it's fine with me (I'm more of a recon flyer, as you can tell from my avatar). This might be something that Milviz would want to clarify on the P-38 purchase page. Again, am not trying to stir controversy and I'd like to ask that others not use this post as an excuse to stir any of their own. Just trying to figure out the options in a neutral/enthusiastic way. Again, thanks to Milviz, Jan Kees, Dmitry et. al. for pulling this together.

DaveB
May 7th, 2015, 13:44
Initial impressions are all I expected from the screenshots. The good news is that my i5 hangs onto it ok.. no worse than the F-15 or Bell 407:encouragement: I chose Hi-Res textures during the install routine so I'm sure it would run even better on the normal res set. You can just jump in and fly too.. a great bonus for enthusiastic idle flyers like me!!
The FD is unique.. I've certainly flown nothing like it before. Back pressure is needed on the stick at takeoff to stop the main gear lifting off first and landing is similarly different. The view out would lead you to believe you're coming in nose up but I swear I've touched down nose wheel first. Should've done an instant replay to be certain but bouncing was a clue. You'll find this out for yourselves:biggrin-new:

So.. thus far.. it's all you would expect from a MilViz release. Download is 719mb.. I thought it was going to be bigger as it took a while to come down. Install routine completely painless. No entries in the Simobjects/Airplanes/MilViz folder like some models.. all relevant detail is in the P38 folder itself.

Y'all have fun out there:encouragement:
ATB

dvj
May 7th, 2015, 15:16
Read the quick start guide. Anyone know how to make the Yoke appear? Also, during the purchase process with PayPal, there was no place to enter the discount code for the $5 off. Other than that, it looks amazing, sounds amazing and flies great. I just went for the standard FSX model.

Katoun
May 7th, 2015, 15:28
Hi,

Clicking on any gauge corner and it should appear.

Thank you.

Kat.

Sieggie
May 7th, 2015, 15:58
Read the quick start guide. Anyone know how to make the Yoke appear? Also, during the purchase process with PayPal, there was no place to enter the discount code for the $5 off. Other than that, it looks amazing, sounds amazing and flies great. I just went for the standard FSX model.

Enter the code before you put it into the cart.

Dave

dvj
May 7th, 2015, 16:25
Enter the code before you put it into the cart.

Dave

Well, I did not see that. But here's a screen shot. Yoke is magically back BTW.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/08/p38Lreal.jpg

stovall
May 7th, 2015, 19:41
Fantastic news from Kat. Off to check things out at Milviz for the P-38L.

Alan_A
May 7th, 2015, 20:50
First impression - fantastic work. Not at all like any of the other warbirds in my hangar. Seems much more immersive than the previous generation P-38s (which I admit I didn't spend much time with) - sounds, graphics, FDE all very refined. In many ways less of a handful than some of the other late-war fighters like the P-51, since torque isn't such an issue. I managed an engine-out landing the first time I had to bring her in - the result, I think, of my not understanding the fuel system yet (****!)

Using the high-res graphics she's a bit hard on my system - not unmanageable but in P3D 2.5 I had to lock frames at 33 and set my Orbx trees back from Dense to Normal to (mostly) get rid of stutters. I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling using the normal-res graphics. To put it in context, my system is an i7 4790k clocked at 4.6, with 8 megs of DDR3 2400 GSkill CAS9 RAM and a GTX 980SC. Using MyTraffic at 15 percent, FTX Global, default airports, in the Washington DC area (departing and arriving KGAI). I can run the A2A warbirds unlimited with steady frames at 30 or more (not as fluid as, say, the Warbirdsim Mustangs but pretty decent), so this is a little more of a challenge. Worth it, though, and I think some more experimentation with settings, especially the texture size, will pay off.

In all, highly recommended..

EDIT: is the battery switch reversed or is that a battery/ground power switch, where off = ground power? Yes, ****, he said to himself yet again...

YoYo
May 7th, 2015, 21:01
Hi all,

The MV P-38L is now LIVE and on sale....
Kat

Great news! :wavey:

http://milviz.com/flight/products/P38L/

Just here not good news:

Current Product Limitations:

FSX TacPack version does not function in FSX:Steam Edition.

roger-wilco-66
May 7th, 2015, 21:16
Ohh, I can't wait until I get home tonight!!!

Cheers,
Mark

DaveWG
May 7th, 2015, 22:26
$10 more for the TacPack versions. Hmmm.

roger-wilco-66
May 8th, 2015, 00:10
Hmmm, maybe someone can answer this.
Does the Tacpac version work if one hasn't installed Tacpac (yet)?

Cheers,
Mark

Naruto-kun
May 8th, 2015, 00:50
Hmmm, maybe someone can answer this.
Does the Tacpac version work if one hasn't installed Tacpac (yet)?

Cheers,
Mark

None of the tacpack functionality will work if that's what you mean...

huub vink
May 8th, 2015, 01:13
Mark,

I think you want to know whether the TackPack version will work in FSX without issues, without Tackpack installed.
I'm don't have TackPack installed and therefore I was asked by Dutchcheeseblend to test the Fokker D.XXI Tackpack version, to see whether the V2.0 version would give any issues for a none TackPack user.
It worked without any problem.

Cheers,
Huub

Katoun
May 8th, 2015, 02:03
Hi.

It is not recommended for this product.

Thank you.

Kat.

roger-wilco-66
May 8th, 2015, 02:17
Sorry, I was a bit ambigous with my question. What I meant was, I don't have TacPac yet but might get it sometimes in the future. If I buy the TacPac version of the P-38, does it work without having TP installed. That I don't get the functionality of TP is clear.
Ah, and I'm a P3D user.

Maybe I should just buy TP along with it and don't worry! :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Katoun
May 8th, 2015, 02:42
Hi

We are looking at making an upgrade available for Tacpack.

That at will be decided today.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveB
May 8th, 2015, 03:05
Kat..

Noticed an error this morning. The wing nav lights shine the wrong way round. Looking at the model without lights on.. the glass is correct on both sides.. eg, green on the right.. red on the left. Turn the wing lights on and the lamp fx shines red on the right and green on the left. How the devil did that get past the testers??!! No matter.. that's what happens;)

ATB

Katoun
May 8th, 2015, 03:18
Hi.

Oh dear. This will certainly be fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.

DaveB
May 8th, 2015, 03:27
Hi.

Oh dear. This will certainly be fixed.

Thank you.

Kat.

Cheers Kat:encouragement:
ATB

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 8th, 2015, 04:20
The P38 TackPac version IF run without Tackpack will have no ability to load weapons, droptanks or modify fuel quantity.

FWIW TackPac is worth its price , I had been uninterested until having seen it in action as a result of needing to adapt the aircraft to its use and testing, I added sound effects and tracers to TackPac's functionality and now admit to being a convert, all warbirds should be so equipped.

Sorry, I was a bit ambigous with my question. What I meant was, I don't have TacPac yet but might get it sometimes in the future. If I buy the TacPac version of the P-38, does it work without having TP installed. That I don't get the functionality of TP is clear.
Ah, and I'm a P3D user.

Maybe I should just buy TP along with it and don't worry! :-)

Cheers,
Mark

JimmyRFR
May 8th, 2015, 07:47
Well, I did not see that. But here's a screen shot. Yoke is magically back BTW.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/08/p38Lreal.jpg

Brilliant screenshot. Very nice!

YoYo
May 8th, 2015, 08:18
Yep, but better way was to cut this jet in my opinion ;).

jankees
May 8th, 2015, 08:28
I dunno, I actually like the jet there, but maybe it should have been a B-25 or something like that. Excellent shot!

And just to let you know I've uploaded a few more paints on OZx, if you feel 21 to choose from is not enough...only two for now because the site decided not to cooperate any more. Hopefully more tomorrow..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss17792.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss17792.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss16987.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss16987.jpg.html)

Cirrus N210MS
May 8th, 2015, 09:24
looks nice i may pick it up some time :wavey:

JimmyRFR
May 8th, 2015, 09:40
I kind of like the jet in that shot as well, the GA feel of the airfield, combined with the jet, makes the screenshot look more like someones restored warbird rather than an in service pic.

PRB
May 8th, 2015, 09:43
Thanks MILVIZ people. This thing is nice. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my Lightnings, and... this is really nice! I installed it with the high res graphics first. I think I will try the low res ones, as it's a bit "heavy" on the system.

Katoun
May 8th, 2015, 09:47
Hi,

We had to make the textures 32 bit for the nice shines. That adds a LOT in terms of "weight".

Our apologies.

Kat.

PRB
May 8th, 2015, 09:57
Hi,

We had to make the textures 32 bit for the nice shines. That adds a LOT in terms of "weight".

Our apologies.

Kat.

Understood. You gave us options for both, so no worries here.

PRB
May 8th, 2015, 11:53
I'm getting an http response code 404 (file not found) when attempting to download the paint kit (either one).

JimmyRFR
May 8th, 2015, 12:15
I'm getting an http response code 404 (file not found) when attempting to download the paint kit (either one).

I've got 'er fixed. Check 'em again. :)

PRB
May 8th, 2015, 12:17
I've got 'er fixed. Check 'em again. :)

Working now. Thank you sir! :encouragement:

OleBoy
May 8th, 2015, 16:07
It's good to hear the P38 was reworked. Is the installer, really BLOATED, with paint schemes most would not want? Why? Give an option to download them as a side dish, rather than forcing us to remove those we do not like. :dizzy:

Katoun
May 8th, 2015, 16:19
Hi,

We included 21 liveries, 5 of which are done by Jan Kees Blom. The others are all "pretty ladies" and some call them pin-ups.

Either way, not including so many would make more people than just you upset so we include more than is usual for us.

Thank you.

Kat.

dvj
May 8th, 2015, 19:18
Yep, but better way was to cut this jet in my opinion ;).

Well, the story is that the owner of the P38L flew in on their personal jet. You'll have to talk to her about the shot. :untroubled:

Alan_A
May 8th, 2015, 20:05
An update - I did in fact uninstall the high-res textures and reinstalled using the low-res ones. Made a big difference in performance, though even using low-res, she taxes my system a bit - I still had microstutters even with frames locked at 33 and autogen trees dialed back one notch. I tried the identical flight with the A2A/Accu-sim military Mustang with one of cdfi's paints, and that gave me smooth performance and higher FPS with frames unlocked and trees left at dense. So I still have some experimenting to do to find the best settings for the P-38. Again, this is in P3D 2.5. Worth the effort to get her running - she's really enjoyable. So I'm looking forward to getting her completely smoothed out.

In case you're wondering - the low-res textures look fine. I'm sure there are differences between them and the high-res ones but under normal circumstances (concentrating on flying the aircraft and glancing occasionally at the outside view) I couldn't really see what the differences were. So if you're having performance problems with it, reducing the texture size is the first thing to look at. Hope this is helpful.

fsxar177
May 8th, 2015, 20:33
I'm assuming the 'low-res' Textures are in fact DXT5, and not actually any less resolution? (Just a different compression, compared to the 888-8)

- Joseph

Mach3DS
May 8th, 2015, 21:14
An update - I did in fact uninstall the high-res textures and reinstalled using the low-res ones. Made a big difference in performance, though even using low-res, she taxes my system a bit - I still had microstutters even with frames locked at 33 and autogen trees dialed back one notch. I tried the identical flight with the A2A/Accu-sim military Mustang with one of cdfi's paints, and that gave me smooth performance and higher FPS with frames unlocked and trees left at dense. So I still have some experimenting to do to find the best settings for the P-38. Again, this is in P3D 2.5. Worth the effort to get her running - she's really enjoyable. So I'm looking forward to getting her completely smoothed out.

In case you're wondering - the low-res textures look fine. I'm sure there are differences between them and the high-res ones but under normal circumstances (concentrating on flying the aircraft and glancing occasionally at the outside view) I couldn't really see what the differences were. So if you're having performance problems with it, reducing the texture size is the first thing to look at. Hope this is helpful.

unlock your frames for use with this bird...I had to do the same thing during beta testing. I unlock mine and use p3dv2.5 and this solved it for me. but she is slightly heavier on performance but still quite reasonable for me. I get about 22-28 FPS with tacpack version. But no micro-stutters!

Alan_A
May 8th, 2015, 21:33
Strangely, I had the opposite experience - heavy stuttering with unlocked frames, much less (though still some microstutters) with frames locked at 33. One of those system-specific things, I guess. Or maybe there's a variable we're not thinking about - traffic package, weather engine, vector graphics, video driver, something along those lines.

Mach3DS
May 8th, 2015, 21:53
Well, with P3Dv2x you have to deal with the tessellation factor and video cards...try adjusting that. It's very much a trial and error I've found. FSX works great. However, there's team members running P3Dv2 with no issues at all...so it's very rig specific sometimes.

xpelekis
May 8th, 2015, 22:30
All very good and very nice with another great Milviz product.
But what puzzles me is the Tacpack functionality integrated to the plane (FSX standard version).

And specifically the guns function : to my experience they seem not to work.
Apart from the fact that you cannot use them via a joystick button (as the case is with rockets & bombs) resulting
in impossible aiming towards a target, even by Klicking the button with mouse in v-cockpit, my feeling is that they don't do damage.

The Tacpacked ability was the only reason I bought this plane. Has anyone else a different experience with Tacpack than mine ?

Hi

We are looking at making an upgrade available for Tacpack.

That at will be decided today.

Thank you.

Kat.

I hope this will resolve the problem, if is not a false misconception from my side.

Katoun
May 9th, 2015, 02:23
Hi,

You should be able to assign any keys you wish to the firing of the guns.

We will be releasing shortly (today or tmrw) an update for the guns firing.

Thank you.

Kat.

jankees
May 9th, 2015, 06:27
I see people complaining about the number of paints (too many??), so I apologise in advance for uploading a few more (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=750):

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss17863.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss17863.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/jk10.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/jk10.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss17964.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss17964.jpg.html)

stovall
May 9th, 2015, 06:32
Jan, please disregard any of the complaints about to many repaints. The stuff you produce is manna from heaven. Keep the paints coming for those of us who are addicted to your fantastic work. Off to OZX to see what I can download.

jankees
May 9th, 2015, 06:55
so sorry, you'll have to make do with there is now on OZX, I'm off to the south of France for a few weeks, fieldwork with 69 students...

one last paint:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss17033.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss17033.jpg.html)
(though the shot is of an early version)

stovall
May 9th, 2015, 07:07
so sorry, you'll have to make do with there is now on OZX, I'm off to the south of France for a few weeks, fieldwork with 69 students...

That will give you time to conjure up your next creations. Umm, lets see, I think about six new P-38L liveries sounds about right with the time you will be gone.

Alan_A
May 9th, 2015, 08:46
Well, with P3Dv2x you have to deal with the tessellation factor and video cards...

Thanks for that suggestion. I haven't experimented with tessellation settings much. I'll give it a try. Probably won't be able to get to it for a couple of days owing to real-world intrusions but I'll report back.

Alan_A
May 9th, 2015, 08:48
I see people complaining about the number of paints (too many??)

Too much of a good thing is... a good thing. Keep 'em coming.

Dimus
May 9th, 2015, 09:47
All very good and very nice with another great Milviz product.
But what puzzles me is the Tacpack functionality integrated to the plane (FSX standard version).

And specifically the guns function : to my experience they seem not to work.
Apart from the fact that you cannot use them via a joystick button (as the case is with rockets & bombs) resulting
in impossible aiming towards a target, even by Klicking the button with mouse in v-cockpit, my feeling is that they don't do damage.

The Tacpacked ability was the only reason I bought this plane. Has anyone else a different experience with Tacpack than mine ?

I hope this will resolve the problem, if is not a false misconception from my side.

First make sure you have loaded the guns via the Tacpack window. Then make sure you have switched on the master arm switch on the left side of the cockpit and also the switch on top of the yoke is set to guns and not camera (click twice). You may not see tracers at first. Then guns should work with your normal Tacpack joystick button. Try shooting to the ground and see the effect of rounds hit.

As Kat mentioned, the guns are being worked on. For the moment to see tracers try emptying your guns (shoot all ammo) and then reloading them (Click twice on the ''reload guns'' in the Tacpack window, Shift-2). You will normally now see tracers. They definitely do damage as I have used them to shoot down AI.

xpelekis
May 9th, 2015, 11:02
Thank you very much Dimus.
The "reload guns" did the trick. It is not obvious, nor expected by the way this window looks.
Maybe Milviz should add "Guns load-reload" or mention this at the manual.

But hey, I'm happy. :jump: Now we are flying !... (and shooting...)

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag200/xpelekis/gunsP38_zpsoofsfcqk.jpg

PRB
May 9th, 2015, 15:00
I'm getting exactly the same stutters with the low textures that I did with the high ones. So that isn't the problem. Went to clear weather, and set frame rate from 35 (locked) to unlimited, which had no affect. With FPS set to unlimited, I'm getting between 50-90 FPS, clouds or no clouds. My FS box seems awesome enough (see sig). Looks like I need to spend the next week poring over the forums and "geekology" on how to eliminate stutters in FSX (again).

O.T. Tried installing in P3D, and got CTDs. Then I learned I need v2.5, not v2.4 (grumble grumble). I downloaded 2.5 when it came out, but didn't install it. Still can't figure out if 2.5 will simply update my 2.4 without overwriting my new clouds in 2.4, etc., of if I have to start all over (again). This is [one of my] beefs with P3D.

fsxar177
May 9th, 2015, 15:35
Single aircraft should never make, or break the sim's performance....

I would guess that if the P-38 is making that much difference, chances are you're pushing the limits with your system as it is..

- Joseph

Edit; Paul.. Certainly you should be able to do a lot more with your current system. Look into your options, for sure!

Alan_A
May 9th, 2015, 22:03
@Paul - unfortunately there's no upgrade path from P3D 2.4 to 2.5. The reason is they've changed the .cfg structure (there are now separate .cfgs for sim objects and a couple of others). In the long run this is supposed to make patching easier, since changes to the p3d.cfg won't affect add-ons nearly so much. But the price is that 2.5 requires a full install. I dreaded it but got through it OK (with a cleaner install, too) and the performance is much better, at least on my machine.

@Joseph - I understand what you're trying to say but I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. The P-38 stutters on my system, which is a pretty current one (4790K @ 4.6, 8 megs of GSkill Trident 2400 CAS 9 RAM, EVGA GTX 980SC, Samsung 840 SSDs). The install is relatively light (FTX Global and Vector but no regions, no third-party airports, REX 4 textures at the lowest resolution, ASN at moderate settings). Holding all other variables even, and changing only aircraft, I find that the PMDG NGX doesn't stutter on my system, the A2A B-17 (hardest one to date on my current rig) doesn't stutter, none of my aircraft stutter except for the P-38. The P-38 stutters much less when I use the so-called lower-res textures, but microstutters are still there. Now, I'm willing to play with settings in order to improve its performance because I like the overall package. But those altered settings aren't required by any other aircraft on my system. So wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that the aircraft makes the difference in this case? And as to an aircraft's making or breaking the sim's performance, why should an aircraft be different from anything else I add to my install? Vector graphics can challenge performance, regional scenery or airports can challenge performance, why not an aircraft? Perhaps I'm missing something (entirely possible) - I'd be interested to know why an aircraft that induces stutters automatically means I'm asking too much of the sim.

FYI that I still haven't had the chance to play with my tessellation settings, as was suggested earlier in this thread, and probably won't for another couple of days at least. But I'm open. Will report back as soon as I can free up an hour or so to make the tests.

Dumonceau
May 9th, 2015, 22:05
I'm experiencing stutters as well in my P3D v2.5 setup.

Even though I haven't got the RAM that Paul has, I have an i7 CPU @ 4.2 Ghz, GTX790 with 4 gigs of its own and 8 Gb's of RAM.

Every other model runs smoothly. I only have the stutters with this model.

Johan

Dumonceau
May 9th, 2015, 22:42
That will give you time to conjure up your next creations. Umm, lets see, I think about six new P-38L liveries sounds about right with the time you will be gone.

Tom,

Would you mind shedding some light on the liveries you have planned?? :jump:

Cheers,

Johan

fsxar177
May 9th, 2015, 22:52
Single aircraft should never make, or break the sim's performance....

To quote myself..

The keywords are 'should never'..

I fear the consensus might be right, from you folks experiencing performance issues. I'll just have to get my hands on her..

Maybe a combination of key-events flooding, and textures?

- Joseph

jankees
May 9th, 2015, 23:38
Ho, I found one more:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss18011.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss18011.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss18014.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss18014.jpg.html)

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/P-38/ss18003.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/P-38/ss18003.jpg.html)

Katoun
May 10th, 2015, 00:56
Hi,

We are investigating the stutters that some appear to be having.

We hope to have an answer soon.

Thank you.

Kat.

Naruto-kun
May 10th, 2015, 01:00
There is a small hotfix over in the Milviz support forums that resolves a CTD in FSX SE.

Dumonceau
May 10th, 2015, 01:50
Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

Thx Kat!!!

Stickshaker
May 10th, 2015, 02:04
Downloading Aboob now. Thanks for all your hard work, Jankees!

Alan_A
May 10th, 2015, 05:16
Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

Thanks! Very much appreciated.

stovall
May 10th, 2015, 05:51
Tom,

Would you mind shedding some light on the liveries you have planned?? :jump:

Cheers,

Johan

Johan, surprised to see this post this morning and very much honored you would think I would even attempt to paint this beautiful aircraft. The reason I say this is Jan's creations raise the bar considerably. I see he has shown us Billy Boy this morning before heading off to southern France. I have downloaded them all and will be getting this one as well.

I did check out the paint kit when it came out and will be studying it in more detail today. My thought was to find a paint that for sure hadn't been done but was a little unusual as well as being nice to look at. In my search I found Billy's Filly. What do you think?

Dumonceau
May 10th, 2015, 06:14
Johan, surprised to see this post this morning and very much honored you would think I would even attempt to paint this beautiful aircraft. The reason I say this is Jan's creations raise the bar considerably. I see he has shown us Billy Boy this morning before heading off to southern France. I have downloaded them all and will be getting this one as well.

I did check out the paint kit when it came out and will be studying it in more detail today. My thought was to find a paint that for sure hadn't been done but was a little unusual as well as being nice to look at. In my search I found Billy's Filly. What do you think?

This one? BRING IT ON!!! :jump:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22777&stc=1

stovall
May 10th, 2015, 06:17
That's the one. I will see what I can do. Again, Jan has given us all something to shoot for in quality.

PRB
May 10th, 2015, 07:34
Hi,

Thank you.

Kat.

I started going through my aircraft settings and discovered that if I uncheck "Aircraft cast shadows on itself", the stutters are eliminated almost completely, to the point that I no longer notice them unless I try really hard. Heck, I never noticed any planes casting shadows upon themselves anyway, so I haven't lost anything.

Before trying that, I went through all the graphics and scenery settings, which are currently mostly maxed out. Reducing any of those had no effect on the stutters.

Thanks for the hard work. It really is a beauty!

Alan_A
May 10th, 2015, 08:00
@Paul - sounds like a possible workaround though I have to admit I like the self-shadowing when seen from the VC - adds nicely to the immersion for me at least. I hope the Milviz guys can come up with another cure, but if not, I'll try this. Life is tradeoffs!

DaveB
May 10th, 2015, 08:38
Hmm.. I turned 'Aircraft cast shadows on itself' off a while back after it was giving some unreal effects.. mostly from things like wire aerials which seemed to cast very large shadows in some cases.
Interesting to hear that going low-res (for want of a better term) hasn't sped things up any. Have had too much time at work so haven't spent much time in the old girl yet. I'm frame-locked at 30fps (half the monitors refresh) so I may try going unlimited.

ATB

Dumonceau
May 10th, 2015, 09:17
I started going through my aircraft settings and discovered that if I uncheck "Aircraft cast shadows on itself", the stutters are eliminated almost completely, to the point that I no longer notice them unless I try really hard. Heck, I never noticed any planes casting shadows upon themselves anyway, so I haven't lost anything.

Before trying that, I went through all the graphics and scenery settings, which are currently mostly maxed out. Reducing any of those had no effect on the stutters.

Thanks for the hard work. It really is a beauty!

I'm sorry, to me that is just not on.

I'm a P3D user and cockpit shadowing is one of the reasons why I switched over to the modern sim.

IMHO the devs should (in this case) look at the modelling and the code to alleviate our problems. This is not a cheap model, so we as customers have a right to expect not only quality, but also smoothness.

Just look at the specs of the machines involved.

Johan

fsxar177
May 10th, 2015, 10:11
In regards to cockpit shadowing;

3d Mesh complexity doesn't have a lot of effect on performance in the simulator. (relatively). However, in P3D, when the self-shadowing is enabled, it can compound performance, when the object casting the shadow is of high-detail.

Probably just a trade-off for the highly detailed model.

- Joseph

heywooood
May 10th, 2015, 10:30
I appreciate all the candid reviews so far...helping me avoid purchasing something that just wouldn't perform well on my old I5 rig.

Still can't understand the developers who overreach the capabilities of the mean average PC in use at time of their respective releases.

xpelekis
May 10th, 2015, 11:41
I have my Frames locked to 24.
When from inside cockpit, I get it steady. When looking at the plane from outside, I get a constantly variable FPS
from 16 to 24 (depending and of the environment somewhat). When an AI P-38L viewed from inside my pit, this is also the case. So, I guess it has to do with the
external views (# of polys of the plane ).
For Multiplayer, this can present problems. Especially if also Tacpack is used.

I guess there is a trade between quality and performance and this balance is not alway easy to be achieved. Overall, I'm pleased with the product. If this FPS issue
can be further improved, it will be excellent of course.

In Action :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKG9JPwclo

Due to the Tacpack type of armament and the Multirole ability of the plane, a great variety of Missions - Sorties can be flown.
Especially that most of the "elements" needed are there (FSX planes of the Era, the Solomons scenery, etc).
A very good choice for a Tacpacked WWII plane by Milviz in my opinion.

PRB
May 10th, 2015, 12:08
Needs a compass swing? Couldn't find a way to adjust the gyro compass to the magnetic one. But it seems it's the magnetic one that's off anyway...

Dimus
May 10th, 2015, 12:29
Nice video there xpelekis, loved your bombing accuracy with the 500 pounders, not easy!

I think you need a TrackIR btw, besides the obvious pros in flying, it would make your videos smoother too.

Alan_A
May 10th, 2015, 12:59
Probably just a trade-off for the highly detailed model.

I don't disagree. And yet it remains that I'm hard pressed to think of another model that imposes this particular trade-off. It'd be nice if the developers could come up with a solution.

Stickshaker
May 10th, 2015, 13:05
It may be a complicated problem. my rig is over a year old and so does not have the newest graphics card, but I seem to have no problem so far. May the highmemfix be a solution?

fsxar177
May 10th, 2015, 13:18
Believe me, there are solutions..

I have a very complex 3d model currently being animated, which I'm sure is higher in polygons. On top of that, it's referenced by the sim 3 times throughout the animation. There's nearly a %0 performance trade-off between the highly detailed object, and from a static 2D object.

I can't yet judge the P-38L offering, however I can promise, from a developer, there are solutions!

- Joseph

Katoun
May 10th, 2015, 13:57
Hi,

We have located the cause of the stutters. We will be looking at supplying a fix as soon as we can but this might take several days as we will likely have to rewrite the night lighting code.

Thank you for your patience.

Kat.

CodyValkyrie
May 10th, 2015, 13:58
A few things I've noticed. The manual doesn't necessarily correspond to what is actually being simulated. There are also a few bugs:
1) When looking over the left shoulder to check that the gear is indeed up, the gear fairing door is not modeled from the VC, however the right side is.
2) There is no flap indicator on the left wing, so there's really no way to visually check how much flaps you have applied.
3) Oil cooler flap switch logic makes no sense. From what I can tell, it, and many other switches are actually spring loaded toggle switches. In the sim they move through four positions, each only seeming to open or close them, and then a middle switch that does something, but does not correspond to the manual. I have no clue what's going on with this, or any of the intercooler/oil cooler/coolant flap override switches, making it impossible to operate the engines properly. Some switches, such as the oil cooler flap switches are actually supposed to operate in automatic (up)/manual (down)/manual open (down left)/manual close (down right), with the latter two being spring loaded back to the manual (down) position.
4) Mixture is set to auto (=1) in the aircraft.cfg, however, the manuals state to set it in positions that correspond to the real world.
5) No oxygen mask visible on pilot.
6) Prop condition switches do not appear to work like the real thing, and according to the manual.
7) How do I tune frequencies? I see that the knobs on the control box correspond to a frequency, but how do I select them?
8) Oil cooler doors are not symmetrical on both left and right engines, regardless if they are put in the same position (as far as I can tell).

Alright, so it might sound like I'm bashing the product, but that's not the issue. What I'm confused about is what actually happens in the sim, and the supplied documentation. The site says
In the Milviz P-38L, your actions (or lack of them) will have consequences: Not only are we including full systems modelling, but it's now possible for those systems to fail. You'll be required to manage your engines properly and to pay close attention to the instrumentation. Start-ups and shut-downs can be performed according to checklist, and failures will need to be acted upon as prescribed in the included pilot operating manual! When I try to follow proper instructions, I just get strange feedback from the plane, gauges and switches. May I suggest creating a new manual that corresponds to the aircraft you simulated, or perhaps do some recoding? The problem is, I have no idea what you are asking for simmers to do, and so I have no idea how to correspond to what it's telling me.

I hope that makes sense? Simply put, I can't use the manual that's provided, and there are many features not documented anywhere.

Okay, that being said, it's a beautifully modeled aircraft. I've sat in a few P-38s and this is the first simulation that seems to get the feel of the interior correct. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing the product, but I'm very passionate about the P-38.

heywooood
May 10th, 2015, 14:12
Alright, so it might sound like I'm bashing the product, but that's not the issue. What I'm confused about is what actually happens in the sim, and the supplied documentation.

no - I would call what you posted a detailed analysis - not a criticism.

@ Katoun - a rewrite of the night lighting code? thats interesting as no one has indicated the FPS issue WRT night flying or cockpit lighting. (in fact - I have come to believe that very few FSX'ers P3D'ers ever fly at night)

Sieggie
May 10th, 2015, 14:55
When firing the guns I get no sound from the guns. The guns are firing as I can see the rounds hitting the ground. Is this a problem with my install or the way it currently works for everyone else.

Dave

Sieggie
May 10th, 2015, 15:20
I just received an email telling me that there is an update for the Tacpack version. Anyone know the process to get an update from Milviz?

Dave

Katoun
May 10th, 2015, 16:04
Hi,

Colin accidentally sent out the email with no link. You may either wait for the new link or use the original one. Both will be the same.

Thank you.

Kat

n4gix
May 11th, 2015, 07:54
I'm sorry, to me that is just not on.

I'm a P3D user and cockpit shadowing is one of the reasons why I switched over to the modern sim.

"Aircraft cast shadows on itself" refers to the exterior model, not to "cockpit shadowing"...

Sieggie
May 11th, 2015, 07:55
Kat,

Thank you for the response, I will eagerly await another email with the link. What is the answer to my first question about the sound for the guns, does that get corrected with the patch?

Dave

Katoun
May 11th, 2015, 08:15
Hi.

We do not reply to questions about bugs here. Please report them on the forums.

Thank you.

Kat.

Alan_A
May 11th, 2015, 08:49
@CodyValkyrie - I don't know the P-38 in nearly the depth you do, therefore another switchology question. Do you think the primers are correctly represented? In reading the POH (the original, not the brief, distilled version), I got the impression that the same switches governed priming and oil dilution - one position for dilution, another for priming. In the VC, the oil dilution switches seem to move only one way. I haven't succeeded in locating another primer switch, and as far as I can tell, I'm not priming at all. The engines seem to start OK, though. Is there something I'm missing (entirely possible) or is this another item you think needs attention? Will be interested to hear your take.

CodyValkyrie
May 11th, 2015, 10:55
@CodyValkyrie - I don't know the P-38 in nearly the depth you do, therefore another switchology question. Do you think the primers are correctly represented? In reading the POH (the original, not the brief, distilled version), I got the impression that the same switches governed priming and oil dilution - one position for dilution, another for priming. In the VC, the oil dilution switches seem to move only one way. I haven't succeeded in locating another primer switch, and as far as I can tell, I'm not priming at all. The engines seem to start OK, though. Is there something I'm missing (entirely possible) or is this another item you think needs attention? Will be interested to hear your take.
I'm still waiting to get accepted onto the support forum to report some of the issues, but in the meantime, I'll take a look. I'm doing testing today for some folks.

jankees
May 11th, 2015, 12:25
I noticed a few errors in the texture of #68 "Old Rusty'. The spinner changes color when it starts spinning, and one part of the serial is mirrored.
These files should take of that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulapy8kgacj5add/68%20old%20rusty%20update.zip?dl=0
Just drop them in the Old Rusty folder, replacing the ones that are there.
Sorry about the mistake.

CodyValkyrie
May 11th, 2015, 12:34
Okay, I had a look at it. Now, keep in mind I don't know all the revisions to the P-38. In earlier P-38s however, they still had the hand pump, but this was later modified to the electrically driven primer. By August 1945, it seems likely that most P-38s were changed to the electrically driven system. I've seen both referred to in some manuals. In order to work the electrically driven primer, you would select a tank, turn on the fuel pump, then prime for a few seconds. It's electrically driven, so not much is needed, similar to the late model P-51s. The switch itself is likely spring loaded. Up for dilution, down for priming, and they both sprang back to neutral, or off.

On the hand primer, which is modeled in this Milviz version, there is a touch of ambiguity. The location is on the floor below the oxygen regulator. It seems that you would turn on the fuel pump to get roughly 4lbs of fuel pressure, then switch them off. From there, you would turn the hand primer 90 degrees to unlock it (which is typically found in the stationary up (off), or horizontal position), then prime. Whether or not the hand primer moves to the left or right for each engine, I have no clue. I'd need to investigate further.

Either way, it's not 100% correct. I'll let some of this slide, as this clearly is not intended to be a fully simulated bird. I would, however, like to see the primer more realistically simulated being either in the vertical position and moving 90 degrees (more research needed), or more likely historically correct variant, utilizing the correct three position spring loaded switch which includes an electric primer and dilution, and omission of the hand primer. I also would like to see the various flaps operate realistically, as well as some systems, even if they don't have much effect on the engine simulation. There are quite a few of these discrepancies, but having worked with developers who take care to do these things, it's a TON of work, and probably beyond the scope of what is intended here. I won't fault them for a plane that isn't fully simulated, but I think some of the marketing jargon could be changed a touch. Perhaps I'm a bit too sensitive to it, since I am in the business of marketing.

DaveB
May 11th, 2015, 12:42
I noticed a few errors in the texture of #68 "Old Rusty'. The spinner changes color when it starts spinning, and one part of the serial is mirrored.
These files should take of that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulapy8kgacj5add/68%20old%20rusty%20update.zip?dl=0
Just drop them in the Old Rusty folder, replacing the ones that are there.
Sorry about the mistake.

Thanks for that:encouragement:
ATB

IanHenry
May 12th, 2015, 00:40
Is it possible that one of the talented painters out there could do Thoughts of Midnight?

http://www.johncnyren.com/-/johncnyr...470&cat=174222 (http://www.johncnyren.com/-/johncnyren/gallery.asp?LID=&photoID=12956470&cat=174222)

Ian

CODY
May 12th, 2015, 00:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3nddCJbcdI

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3nddCJbcdI)
Hope this helps?

WarHorse47
May 12th, 2015, 10:13
Please note that the 5$ deal for prior DIRECT purchasers of the P-38RB is only until the end of this month at midnight CST. After that, no reduction. All prior purchasers will be notified by mail about this deal.
KatI read this line and immediately thought there was another model available. Then it dawned on me that P-38RB doesn't exist and you were referring to the P-38 Civilian Redbull Redux. :dizzy::dizzy:

Katoun
May 12th, 2015, 10:42
Hi,

The P-38RB is the RedBull version. Sorry, I used what we use internally for the product.

Thank you.

Kat.

xpelekis
May 12th, 2015, 20:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLRuOoHYI0

Not up to the level of IL2-1946 of course... but combined with additional tasks
during a sortie, certainly adds to immersion (at least).

stovall
May 13th, 2015, 09:25
Here are some screen shots of Billy's Filly.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Billys%20Filly1_zpso6ys9dva.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Billys%20Filly1_zpso6ys9dva.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Billys%20Filly2_zpsckzy69rm.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Billys%20Filly2_zpsckzy69rm.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Billys%20Filly3_zpsoneuvheq.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Billys%20Filly3_zpsoneuvheq.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Billys%20Filly4_zpsheg69rvi.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Billys%20Filly4_zpsheg69rvi.jpg.html)

WarHorse47
May 13th, 2015, 09:38
Nice, Tom. :applause::applause::applause:

Looking forward to it.

Out of curiosity might anyone be working on a Factory Fresh paint - nice and shiny like?

Rudyjo
May 14th, 2015, 18:51
I have a couple of questions before I buy this.
Does Milviz still send out the download using a RAR file that requires something like 7-zip to open it?

The system requirements say you must have a Direct x 10 compliant video card. What will be missed if I only have a video card that supports Direct x 9 ?

jankees
May 14th, 2015, 20:49
The Filly looks good, stovall!
One thing, you forgot the dirt from the exhaust in the inside right boom texture file.

Dumonceau
May 14th, 2015, 22:56
Does Milviz still send out the download using a RAR file that requires something like 7-zip to open it?

The system requirements say you must have a Direct x 10 compliant video card. What will be missed if I only have a video card that supports Direct x 9 ?

1. yes a zip or a rar file to download. But Winzip, 7zip and winRAR are all freeware
2. I'm pretty sure that you can run this (beautifull I might add) model on your GFX card. Mind telling us what kind of a card you have?

Cheers,

Johan

Peg o my heart
May 14th, 2015, 23:07

If the P-38L uses the same DX11 night lighting as the Phantom does, DX9 GPU wont work. My GPU is dx9/10 compatible and still the phantom's night lighting and ACM dont work on my end. My GPU is 9800 GT 1GB/256bit. I think MilViz should revise their published System Requirement on their newer releases.

Dumonceau
May 15th, 2015, 02:10
Any news on the update to alleviate the stutters?

Cheers,

Johan

DaveB
May 15th, 2015, 02:20

The P-38L comes as a zip with the exe file inside so on this occasion, you don't need any 'outside' program for extraction;)
ATB

Katoun
May 15th, 2015, 05:15
Hi,

We expect a release today of the stutter free version to our testers. With luck, that would mean a release to the public tmrw evening.

Kat.

Dumonceau
May 15th, 2015, 05:25
Hi,

We expect a release today of the stutter free version to our testers. With luck, that would mean a release to the public tmrw evening.

Kat.

Now that is brilliant news Kat! Thanks so much!

Johan

stovall
May 15th, 2015, 06:00
The Filly looks good, stovall!
One thing, you forgot the dirt from the exhaust in the inside right boom texture file.

Thanks Jan, that is why I posted the pictures. I will fix that and post a couple more before the upload. Hope you are having fun in the south of France.

Fix the dirt and exhaust on texture 6. Question for Jan or anyone with nose art source files. I used the nose art from the picture presented in the request above. It is the only one I could find on a Google search. Does anyone have a high resolution pic of Billy's Filly nose art? Something similar to the Gentle Annie pic would be great. What I have is ok but I would like to make it better if possible.

Rudyjo
May 15th, 2015, 11:40
1. yes a zip or a rar file to download. But Winzip, 7zip and winRAR are all freeware
2. I'm pretty sure that you can run this (beautifull I might add) model on your GFX card. Mind telling us what kind of a card you have?

Cheers,

Johan

I'm using a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560ti video card. The manual that came with it has been packed up because we will be moving . I can't remember if it is Dx 10 compliant or not.
Thanks for the information.

DaveB
May 15th, 2015, 13:19
I run a GTX560Ti too.. it's actually DX11 compliant so it should have no probs working with 10;)

ATB

Rudyjo
May 15th, 2015, 13:26
I run a GTX560Ti too.. it's actually DX11 compliant so it should have no probs working with 10;)

ATB

Thanks to all of you for the replies. Looks like I will be ordering it.

DaveB
May 15th, 2015, 13:32
The P-38L is a bit heavy going for the 560Ti Rudyjo but hopefully.. the stutter patch (anti stutter patch) that's just gone to beta should help us out a bit:encouragement:

ATB

stovall
May 15th, 2015, 15:28
Here is the final for Billy's Filly. Will upload if looks ok.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Billys%20Filly4_zpsrd433ynb.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Billys%20Filly4_zpsrd433ynb.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Billys%20Filly1_zps14kisiiy.jpg[/URL]

Here we have Gentle Annie Ver II Work in Progress. Tail lettering is next.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Gentle%20Annie1_zpslqkrzdnh.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Gentle%20Annie1_zpslqkrzdnh.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Gentle%20Annie2_zpsp4bs6sfe.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Gentle%20Annie2_zpsp4bs6sfe.jpg.html)

WarHorse47
May 15th, 2015, 18:23
It looks okay. It looks okay. :encouragement::encouragement::biggrin-new:

stovall
May 15th, 2015, 18:30
Thanks Warhorse, I am hoping to hear from Jan or someone who has a high def image of the Billy's Filly nose art. If I don't hear in a day I will upload.

fsxar177
May 15th, 2015, 19:13
Stovall,

Do you have this one (http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/298/pics/3_87.jpg)?

- Joseph

stovall
May 15th, 2015, 19:34
Joseph, the picture in the link is the nose art that I used. Because it is such poor resolution I had to edit the image extensively in Photoshop. It is ok but if someone has a high resolution image I would like to use it. Thanks for trying to help.

fsxar177
May 15th, 2015, 19:47
Thought so.

Dumonceau
May 16th, 2015, 08:09
Tom, both are looking gorgeous! So I concur with the others, please upload your wonderful creations!

Johan

stovall
May 16th, 2015, 10:23
Johan, the two paints are up and ready for download. If anyone finds the art work for Billy's Filly in high resolution, please let me know. Thanks :encouragement:

Lately I use P3D almost exclusively. Find the link to corrected thumbnails for FSX. Sorry for the trouble. The links will correct the thumbnails. Just save and copy into the respective folders.

Thumbnail Gentle Annie (http://www.myshasta.info/stovall/public_html/images/GentleAnnie/thumbnail.jpg) Thumbnail BillysFilly (http://www.myshasta.info/stovall/public_html/images/BillyFilly/thumbnail.jpg)

Katoun
May 16th, 2015, 16:35
Hi,

We will only be able to deliver the stutter free version on Monday. Sorry for that.

Kat.

WarHorse47
May 16th, 2015, 18:01
Johan, the two paints are up and ready for download. If anyone finds the art work for Billy's Filly in high resolution, please let me know. Thanks :encouragement:

Lately I use P3D almost exclusively. Find the link to corrected thumbnails for FSX. Sorry for the trouble. The links will correct the thumbnails. Just save and copy into the respective folders.

Thumbnail Gentle Annie (http://www.myshasta.info/stovall/public_html/images/GentleAnnie/thumbnail.jpg) Thumbnail BillysFilly (http://www.myshasta.info/stovall/public_html/images/BillyFilly/thumbnail.jpg)Thanks, Tom. The paints look great.

Dumonceau
May 16th, 2015, 22:50

Thumbnail Gentle Annie (http://www.myshasta.info/stovall/public_html/images/GentleAnnie/thumbnail.jpg) Thumbnail BillysFilly (http://www.myshasta.info/stovall/public_html/images/BillyFilly/thumbnail.jpg)

Thanks Tom! Downloaded and installed both!

Johan

stovall
May 17th, 2015, 08:41
Is it possible that one of the talented painters out there could do Thoughts of Midnight?

http://www.johncnyren.com/-/johncnyr...470&cat=174222 (http://www.johncnyren.com/-/johncnyren/gallery.asp?LID=&photoID=12956470&cat=174222)

Ian

Work in Progress - Thoughts of Midnight

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight1_zpsuwp7pbhz.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight1_zpsuwp7pbhz.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight2_zpskawxjctz.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight2_zpskawxjctz.jpg.html)

DaveB
May 17th, 2015, 10:04
Cooey Tom.. that's nice:encouragement:

Incidentally Tom.. the link for the updated thumbnails doesn't work for me. Tried it half a dozen times and I eventually get a message saying that a connection to that site cannot be made.. check the address e t c? Doesn't matter in the grand scale of things.. I can tell the paint by the description;)

ATB

stovall
May 17th, 2015, 10:35
Sorry DaveB, I tried the original thread and the one with a quote. Both show the image that can be saved at thumbnail.jpg. Anyone else have ideas why the link doesn't work.

I put both images on Photo Bucket and linked below. Just right click and save image as thumbnail.jpg for each.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/thumbnail_zpsii0xxcrn.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/thumbnail_zpsii0xxcrn.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/thumbnail_zpsxits2wtu.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/thumbnail_zpsxits2wtu.jpg.html)

DaveB
May 17th, 2015, 10:45
Weird Tom. I tried to 'save target as' from the links and it still wouldn't come. Got it from those two shots you've just posted though. Cheers:encouragement:

ATB

stovall
May 17th, 2015, 10:47
Weird Tom. I tried to 'save target as' from the links and it still wouldn't come. Got it from those two shots you've just posted though. Cheers:encouragement:

ATB

Where there is a will there is a way. Glad you got them. Back to work on Thoughts of Midnite. Also opening up a project for Journey's End.

stovall
May 17th, 2015, 18:54
First look at Journeys End

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Journeys%20End1_zps2cyzqmer.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Journeys%20End1_zps2cyzqmer.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Journeys%20End2_zpsans3nhll.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Journeys%20End2_zpsans3nhll.jpg.html)

DaveB
May 18th, 2015, 05:34
Likin' that Tom:encouragement:

ATB

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 18th, 2015, 06:40
Journeys End , Nice ! , i will be adding that to my Fork Tailed Devil collection , its also a great segue to announce where we are at with the update, a weekend's worth of time spent on the VRS Tackpac Forum and in the SDK had been well spent in our integration of TP into the P38, interactions between the TP Module and our effects and sound should allow for even more immersiveness.

Additionally the DX 11 rendering engine has been refined to increase fps and lower VAS usage in game to great results , having additional eyes on the project helped immensely , as well the custom drivers for oil cooling within fsx are done and that system is online , the constant velocity prop drivers are also in action with the Service Pack . The update should be available to the beta testers tomorrow, given a thorough looking over and made available shortly thereafter with their blessing.

Best CJ

roger-wilco-66
May 18th, 2015, 06:54
Stunning work, Tom! :ernaehrung004:

WarHorse47
May 18th, 2015, 10:36
Very nice, Tom. :encouragement:

Tim-HH
May 18th, 2015, 11:33
Beautiful repaints, Tom :applause:

Greetings
Tim

Roger
May 18th, 2015, 12:00
You know Tom, I was hoping to manage without another P38 but with your's and Jankees paints I'm weakening...

stovall
May 18th, 2015, 12:07
Thanks Guys, Roger even being mentioned in the same phase with Jan is a real honor. I should have the next two, Thoughts of Midnite and Journey's End up for download by the end of the day.

Wings of Gold
May 18th, 2015, 14:32
Hi Tom,

You have been super at giving us beautiful P-38 textures. Can I please ask you to consider doing one more. I think that "Virginia Marie" was a real rival for the most beautiful P-38. Please look and see if you agree.

Best regards, Bill Mackay

stovall
May 18th, 2015, 15:33
Hi Tom,

You have been super at giving us beautiful P-38 textures. Can I please ask you to consider doing one more. I think that "Virginia Marie" was a real rival for the most beautiful P-38. Please look and see if you agree.

Bill, I will have a look.

Rudyjo
May 18th, 2015, 18:07
Journeys End , Nice ! , i will be adding that to my Fork Tailed Devil collection , its also a great segue to announce where we are at with the update, a weekend's worth of time spent on the VRS Tackpac Forum and in the SDK had been well spent in our integration of TP into the P38, interactions between the TP Module and our effects and sound should allow for even more immersiveness.

Additionally the DX 11 rendering engine has been refined to increase fps and lower VAS usage in game to great results , having additional eyes on the project helped immensely , as well the custom drivers for oil cooling within fsx are done and that system is online , the constant velocity prop drivers are also in action with the Service Pack . The update should be available to the beta testers tomorrow, given a thorough looking over and made available shortly thereafter with their blessing.

Best CJ
Will the service Pack be included in any future sales or will it remain a separate download? I have been putting off buying this, waiting for the upgrade to be completed.

Katoun
May 18th, 2015, 18:11
Hi,We do not plan on ever charging for service packs... So, yes, it will be included in all sales after its done.Thank you. Kat.

Rudyjo
May 18th, 2015, 18:36
Hi,We do not plan on ever charging for service packs... So, yes, it will be included in all sales after its done.Thank you. Kat.
Thank you Kat. Looking forward to getting this.

IanHenry
May 19th, 2015, 00:23
Work in Progress - Thoughts of Midnight

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight1_zpsuwp7pbhz.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight1_zpsuwp7pbhz.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight2_zpskawxjctz.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Thoughts%20of%20Midnight2_zpskawxjctz.jpg.html)

Many thanks for that Stovall, looks great, downloading it now.

Regards,
Ian

stovall
May 19th, 2015, 19:40
Hi Tom,

Bill, here is what I have so far. The wing blue stripes need work.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Virginia%20Marie1_zpse7qp9u5s.png (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Virginia%20Marie1_zpse7qp9u5s.png.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Virginia%20Marie2_zpsztfzsli1.png (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Virginia%20Marie2_zpsztfzsli1.png.html)

Wings of Gold
May 20th, 2015, 05:39
Hi Tome,

Simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for doing her.

Bill

stovall
May 20th, 2015, 11:29
This should be a final on the Milviz P-38L Virginia Marie. I should have it uploaded later this afternoon.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Virginia%20Marie1_zpsmcw7mr1v.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Virginia%20Marie1_zpsmcw7mr1v.jpg.html)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/Virginia%20Marie2_zpszugrqwmw.jpg (http://s572.photobucket.com/user/tlstovall/media/Virginia%20Marie2_zpszugrqwmw.jpg.html)

Wings of Gold
May 20th, 2015, 17:59
Hi Tom,

Got VM. Thank you so much. She is a truly beautiful texture!

Bill

WarHorse47
May 20th, 2015, 19:11
Thanks, Tom. Great job on VM.

manfredc3
May 20th, 2015, 20:40
I thought I could keep my self distracted from this airplane, but with all these marvelous paint jobs it is almost impossible.

I will have to extend my birthday in to the coming weekend, so that I have an excuse to buy myself another gift, lol.

Wings of Gold
May 21st, 2015, 06:31
Hi Baz,

How about an update on the status of the forthcoming fix (checked Facebook page - nothing new).

Bill

Katoun
May 21st, 2015, 06:38
Hi,

It is presently being tested. We are hopeful on it being released tonight.

This will include fixes for most issues except for the Tacpack cheat and the addition of the Hispano 20mm cannon. VRS is on vacation and so we cannot do that one.

We are hopeful that we've covered the other bugs.

Thank you you for your patience.

Kat.

Dumonceau
May 21st, 2015, 07:50
Hi,

It is presently being tested. We are hopeful on it being released tonight.

This will include fixes for most issues except for the Tacpack cheat and the addition of the Hispano 20mm cannon. VRS is on vacation and so we cannot do that one.

We are hopeful that we've covered the other bugs.

Thank you you for your patience.

Kat.

Brilliant news Kat! Thanks a million!

Johan

Katoun
May 21st, 2015, 10:24
Hi,

We are going to release the first of what we hope will only be two SP's.

These files do contain four bugs that we are working on fixing at this time:

1) Anti Cheat in Tacpack (should you have this version) VRS is on vacation and we are unable to fix it because of that.
2) No Hispano 20mm cannon. See above.
3) Prop switch is not functioning perfectly (yet).
4) Primer/oil dilution switches have the wrong text.

These bugs will be fixed shortly and we will send out another build.

Fixes in this build:

1) Reload of weapons will disable other methods of firing
2) Sound for guns/rockets only works with in vc buttons TP
3) primer switches do not prime.
4) the mag compass is not working properly
5) gear doors are missing
6) M64 bobm texture missing
7) Rocket launch sound continues after rockets run out
8) Gun tracer and sound effect
9) Power On/Off movement of the gauge needles
10)Tracer rounds not visible & sound missing
12) Stutters fixed
13) Oil cooler flaps.
14) you MUST use the primer (oil dilution switches) to start as per the manual.

Thank you.

Kat

DaveB
May 21st, 2015, 11:00
Thanks for that Kat. I don't have TP so much of that doesn't apply. No mention of the nav lights?

ATB

Alan_A
May 21st, 2015, 11:50
Thanks, Kat - the stutter fix will get me into the aircraft again.

Dimus
May 21st, 2015, 12:20
Thanks for that Kat. I don't have TP so much of that doesn't apply. No mention of the nav lights?

ATB

The nav lights are fixed too.

DaveB
May 21st, 2015, 12:58
Cheers:encouragement:

ATB

DennyA
May 21st, 2015, 17:17
Super-bummed that I own a half-dozen MilViz planes (and supported the P-38 right on release) but that customers who bought anywhere other than direct from MilViz can't get upgrade offers/new versions. :(

Katoun
May 21st, 2015, 17:35
Hi,

All of the vendors that we work with, except Suroclaro (who continue to sell our stuff without permission) have the latest updates of our software. We do not offer the discounts to those clients because, in the end, getting you to buy direct from us is the point.

Thank you.

Kat.

DennyA
May 21st, 2015, 17:49
Well, sure, but you guys didn't start selling direct until later, right? So it wasn't an option when I bought the P-38 or a bunch of the others. Since I discovered you guys were selling direct, I started supporting you that way, and I got the F-86 livery collection direct.

Ah well. I know creating FS planes isn't exactly a "let's buy a Ferrari with the profits!" occupation, so understood you want to encourage direct sales. Just bummed I can't join the P-38 fun when I supported the plane when it was first released.

WarHorse47
May 21st, 2015, 20:11
Hi,

We are going to release the first of what we hope will only be two SP's.

These files do contain four bugs that we are working on fixing at this time:

1) Anti Cheat in Tacpack (should you have this version) VRS is on vacation and we are unable to fix it because of that.
2) No Hispano 20mm cannon. See above.
3) Prop switch is not functioning perfectly (yet).
4) Primer/oil dilution switches have the wrong text.

These bugs will be fixed shortly and we will send out another build.

Fixes in this build:

1) Reload of weapons will disable other methods of firing
2) Sound for guns/rockets only works with in vc buttons TP
3) primer switches do not prime.
4) the mag compass is not working properly
5) gear doors are missing
6) M64 bobm texture missing
7) Rocket launch sound continues after rockets run out
8) Gun tracer and sound effect
9) Power On/Off movement of the gauge needles
10)Tracer rounds not visible & sound missing
12) Stutters fixed
13) Oil cooler flaps.
14) you MUST use the primer (oil dilution switches) to start as per the manual.

Thank you.

KatWe will be notified by e-mail from Colin or you when the SP is available for download?

Katoun
May 21st, 2015, 20:18
Hi,

We have always been selling direct.

An email has now been sent out with a link to the newest build.

Once VRS is back from vacation, we will implement the Tacpack stuff and send out another build. Hopefully, by that time, we will have fixed the other outstanding bugs.

Thank you.

Kat.

Dumonceau
May 21st, 2015, 23:16
Thx Kat! Downloaded, but will have to wait till after work!

Johan

DaveB
May 22nd, 2015, 01:33
Hi Chaps

I can't find an uninstaller for the P-38 so.. do we

a) install the new version over the top or
b) delete the original model folder from Airplanes then install the new version?

BTW readers.. this is not a simple update as such.. it's a new full model;)
ATB

Dimus
May 22nd, 2015, 01:49
Running the installer will give you an option to uninstall. Then you can run again and install clean.

DaveB
May 22nd, 2015, 01:54
Rgr that mate.. cheers:ernaehrung004:

ATB

DaveB
May 22nd, 2015, 02:22
The new model (FSX Standard.. no TP) runs markedly smoother on my i5 rig even with Hi-Res textures selected.. stutter-free too:encouragement:

Well done MilViz:very_drunk:

ATB

WarHorse47
May 22nd, 2015, 05:27
Running the installer will give you an option to uninstall. Then you can run again and install clean.How does it handle the additional addon textures? Does it delete the entire aircraft folder, or just the subfolders installed by the original install? In the past I've always had to do a full backup copy of my texture folders and aircraft.cfg for installing Milviz updates, and was wondering if this is the same.

stovall
May 22nd, 2015, 06:05
Warhorse, I did the install but as you mentioned the aircraft.cfg file will be over written. I made a copy of it and just added the new add on aircraft entries to the new aircraft.cfg. I did an install over the top which seems to have worked fine. This aircraft gets better and better.

The uninstaller will erase the entire Milviz P-38L folder. Backup all your addon texture folders.

Katoun
May 22nd, 2015, 06:12
Hi,

The uninstaller is in the installer. It's a check box.

Thank you for the compliments.

We are, apparently, still having problems with Tacpack and our sounds. We are actively trying to fix this.

We hope to have a fix for all Tacpack related issues by Monday or Tuesday next week when VRS is back from vacation and we can get the anti-cheat done as well.

Kat.

RKinkor
May 22nd, 2015, 07:03
To all at Milviz, thanks for your hard work on this project. The sp really helped the fps on my machine (2.4ghz dual core windows 7 64bit 4gig ram Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 1gb) cockpit fps mid 20s and exteriors are even better and this is with hi res textures. Again thanks so much for your hardwork.

Badger85
May 22nd, 2015, 07:24
Hi all,

I have the older P-38RB Civilian Redux model. I'm really impressed with the repaints of the new P-38L. My question: will these repaints also work with the older P-38RB?

I've always wanted an 82nd FG repaint for my P-38RB (thanks jankees for creating a beautiful one for the P-38L!) but can't afford the new P-38L right now.

Sieggie
May 22nd, 2015, 08:04
Hi all,

I have the older P-38RB Civilian Redux model. I'm really impressed with the repaints of the new P-38L. My question: will these repaints also work with the older P-38RB?

I've always wanted an 82nd FG repaint for my P-38RB (thanks jankees for creating a beautiful one for the P-38L!) but can't afford the new P-38L right now.

I believe it was stated early on that this is a completely new aircraft and that none of the old textures would work with the new plane and vis versa.

Dave

Dumonceau
May 22nd, 2015, 09:15
Installed and tested! No more stutters at all in P3D!

Thank you Kat and the whole Milviz team!!

Johan

heywooood
May 22nd, 2015, 09:47
oh thats great - now I have no excuse not to buy it - sonofabiscuit

Dumonceau
May 22nd, 2015, 10:04
You'll love it, just as you enjoy your biscuit! :D

Badger85
May 22nd, 2015, 10:14
I believe it was stated early on that this is a completely new aircraft and that none of the old textures would work with the new plane and vis versa.

Dave

Thanks for the answer, Dave

PRB
May 22nd, 2015, 10:46
Installed the new version. Went with the giant sized textures, and re-selected "aircraft, cast shadows upon thyself" - no stutters. Very smooth. Beautiful. :jump:

But, I don't know if this was addressed, but thought it was by the item in the fixed list "mag compass not working properly". In any case, I have to write up a repeat gripe with maintenance control...

Dumonceau
May 22nd, 2015, 11:27
And in the modern sim, she looks like this:

http://s30.postimg.org/8eso1d2q9/P38_pit_2.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/k6m9pw4st/P38_High_rez.jpg

Loving her to bits!!

Johan

CodyValkyrie
May 22nd, 2015, 12:46
Paul, I checked my heading indicator, and it seems to be working fine. It matches the radio/magnetic compass fine.

Rudyjo
May 22nd, 2015, 14:09
Just bought and downloaded this. Just one question before I install it, you are given a choice of regular or high resolution textures, does this have to be chosen while installing?, in other words, does it install one or the other, or is there a box you can check after installing it where you can switch to one or the other?
It would be nice to try both to see which one works best for me, would I have to un-install one set of textures and re-install to try the other or is it a matter of just checking a box after installing?

PRB
May 22nd, 2015, 14:18
Paul, I checked my heading indicator, and it seems to be working fine. It matches the radio/magnetic compass fine.

That's interesting. I would have concluded that I forgot to set the gyro compass to match the mag one, but it's the mag one that's off. Or seems to be off, by comparing FS's CTRL-Z digital readout to the two gauges.

So, is this an "****" issue? But this plane didn't come with an "FM", apart from the copy of the real "FM", that is. Tried several other planes, just to make sure. I'm sitting on runway 06, and the sim says I'm pointed 059, and the mag compasses in all the other planes agree. Weird.

PRB
May 22nd, 2015, 17:58

Can you post a screen shot? Point the plane such that the CTRL-Z heading says "360", and show the cockpit gauges. Doing this while parked is best, so you're not seeing the lead/lag associated with being in a turn, which makes the magnetic compass read incorrectly, which is correct...

YoYo
May 22nd, 2015, 21:29
Installed the new version. Went with the giant sized textures, and re-selected "aircraft, cast shadows upon thyself" - no stutters. Very smooth. Beautiful. :jump:

But, I don't know if this was addressed, but thought it was by the item in the fixed list "mag compass not working properly". In any case, I have to write up a repeat gripe with maintenance control...

It looks like the same problem was in MV MD530F, how is possible ?

Alan_A
May 23rd, 2015, 17:23
Just reporting in after a short test flight to say that the stutter-free version is in fact stutter-free. A real pleasure now. Thanks, guys!

Rudyjo
May 23rd, 2015, 18:05
Got this installed today, one thing I wish it had is a cockpit layout manual that lists all the switches , levers, radio controls etc. The 1945 manual that is included is interesting, but I would like to see a cockpit manual as it exists in the Milviz plane. I still have not been able to get the instruments lights working. The cabin lights don't do anything. Is there a separate instrument light switch somewhere? The wing lights, and landing lights work.
Other than those two items, it's a very nice plane, I bought it after the upgrade was released, no stutters.

TRBasher
May 23rd, 2015, 19:07
I bought this plane and if I try to load it my fsx ctd every time. It is the only plane that does this. :(

Katoun
May 23rd, 2015, 20:21
Hi,

If you bought the product and are having issues, please contact roadburner440@milviz.com with your proof of purchase. He will get you on the forums and we will deal with the problems you're having.

Thank you.

Kat.

Wings of Gold
May 27th, 2015, 14:04
Hi Kat,

Will you please give us an update as to the progress on the P-38L VRS TacPack update. I don't see anything on Facebook.

Best regards,

Bill

Katoun
May 27th, 2015, 14:37
Hi,

It's in testing right now.

Thank you

Kat.

Wings of Gold
May 27th, 2015, 18:45
Thank you Kat. Please post here when it is released.

Boll

Rudyjo
May 28th, 2015, 09:05
Hi,

If you bought the product and are having issues, please contact roadburner440@milviz.com with your proof of purchase. He will get you on the forums and we will deal with the problems you're having.

Thank you.

Kat.

Got registered and through the forums I quickly had all my questions answered, great service and everything is working now.

nene
June 14th, 2015, 08:43
Hello,

Cheer with the team Milviz of this splendid plane! The sound of the engines is also excellent and immersif. I am happy to have it already in my hangar!

- Bug? After a first small flight of discovered it would seem that the lever of the shutters is not active with the mouse (the small hand appears but nothing occurs while drawing and while pushing.)
Only, the order saitek makes it possible to extend and return the flaps extremely fortunately, but I also like to use the mouse to memorize the sites of the various levers.

Did other users encounter these minor problems?

Thank you Kat, I am sorry I do not think of having posted with the good place but I do not speak and do not understand your language very well.
Cordially

Katoun
June 14th, 2015, 09:24
Hi,

The service pack is out and has been sent to all clients. As well, we have now sent the product to all the vendors.

Thank you.

Kat.

WarHorse47
June 14th, 2015, 09:29
Hi,

The service pack is out and has been sent to all clients. As well, we have now sent the product to all the vendors.

Thank you.

Kat.Kat, can you clarify? Are you referring to SP1, or is this a newer service pack?

Katoun
June 14th, 2015, 11:57
Hi,

Sorry. SP 2 is now out.

Thank you.

Kat.

WarHorse47
June 14th, 2015, 14:40
Hi,

Sorry. SP 2 is now out.

Thank you.

Kat.I have not received an e-mail notice which is why I asked the question. Has Colin notified buyers?

PS - Kat, you have an e-mail in-bound.

Katoun
June 14th, 2015, 15:55
Hi.

I have found out that it hasn't gone out yet.

My apologies. It will be today or tomorrow.

Kat.

PRB
June 14th, 2015, 18:36
Now it's out. Just got e-mail. DL in progress. Thanks Kat.

CodyValkyrie
June 14th, 2015, 18:49
What are the changes?

PRB
June 14th, 2015, 19:10
What are the changes?

I know one thing that changed... The compass works! :encouragement: I'll never be lost again! I can now find my way between the clouds by means of magnetic lines of flux alone! Yay! :)

WarHorse47
June 14th, 2015, 19:25
The weights for the various payload weights now correspond with the proper loadout points.

I just took a short flight and forgot to see if the clock was fixed. Glad to see the compass fixed.

There were a few other items others raised in their support forum.

ColoKent
June 14th, 2015, 19:43
Quick question on the P-38....are the drop tanks selectable and visible on the version without TacPack?

Thanks,

Kent

WarHorse47
June 14th, 2015, 20:24
Quick question on the P-38....are the drop tanks selectable and visible on the version without TacPack?

Thanks,

KentYes. Bombs and rockets, too.

Weights change when ordinance is added or released.

ColoKent
June 14th, 2015, 20:34
Tempting!

Thanks for the info.

Kent

DaveB
June 15th, 2015, 11:53
I installed the latest version today and I have to say, it runs even better than before.. a BIG surprise as I didn't think it possible. The textures seem tighter too. Gobsmacked!!! Now.. I need to RTM as I found she's cutting out at 12k (not been this high before):very_drunk:

Excellent job Milviz:jump:

ATB

WarHorse47
June 15th, 2015, 12:33
I installed the latest version today and I have to say, it runs even better than before.. a BIG surprise as I didn't think it possible. The textures seem tighter too. Gobsmacked!!! Now.. I need to RTM as I found she's cutting out at 12k (not been this high before):very_drunk:

Excellent job Milviz:jump:

ATB
DaveB:)Yep. I agree. I thought it was good when it was first released, now it's even better.

BTW - got your fuel pumps on?

DaveB
June 15th, 2015, 12:53
Fuel pumps could be it mate. I searched around for a supercharger switch and may have missed the obvious!! No undue panic.. all good up to a little under the magic FL120;)

ATB

Sieggie
June 15th, 2015, 12:59
I believe the turbos are automatic. But that 12K is the magic number for the fuel pumps. 11999 works 12000 stops working without the pumps on. It is a little abrupt but that's the way they coded it. I would venture a guess that if you turn one on, the engine without the pump turned on will quit at 12000.

Dave

DaveB
June 15th, 2015, 13:04
Cheers Dave.. pumps are definitely the problem then:encouragement:

ATB

Sieggie
June 15th, 2015, 17:54
Does anyone else have problems with the landing light? It does not seem to light the runway at all on my machine. The book says it is designed to extend and retract but mine does not seem to move at all.

Dave

WarHorse47
June 15th, 2015, 18:03
Does anyone else have problems with the landing light? It does not seem to light the runway at all on my machine. The book says it is designed to extend and retract but mine does not seem to move at all.

DaveThe "L" model was the first P-38 with the landing light in the leading edge of the wing. Which book are you looking at and which model is it referring to?

Sieggie
June 16th, 2015, 05:14
Reading the Manual that Milviz provided.

I can see the light in the wing edge but it does not seem to light the runway at night when it is on. I am using FSX. Is it working for others using FSX and should I be looking for a problem with my setup or is it a problem with the model?

Dave

WarHorse47
June 16th, 2015, 06:00
Mine lights the runway. It's not as bright as other FSX aircraft, but it does work and is more realistic to me.

DaveB
June 16th, 2015, 08:31
I think I've read that too Dave but hadn't tried the old girl at night. Warhorse is bang-on.. the LL is in the left leading edge. As he said.. it's not up to halogen standard but it does through a nice arc of light.. all be it mostly in front of the left wing. Wonder if the lighting section was a cut and paste from their other model.. not realising at the time that the L had a LL in the leading edge?

ATB

Sieggie
June 16th, 2015, 09:47
There is no lighting section. It is all part of the model.

Dave

DaveB
June 16th, 2015, 10:09
There is no lighting section. It is all part of the model.

Dave

Yup.. if you want to change the effect.. you'll have to run the model through a Hex editor. Shouldn't be too difficult to do but I'm happy with it as is.

ATB

THibben
June 16th, 2015, 19:02
I am a little confused regarding the TacPak version but not getting TacPak initially. Will the TacPak version be the same as the non TacPak until you install TacPak? Or will you still have some additional items available over the non TacPak version?

Hope this isn't to confusing.

Tom

Katoun
June 17th, 2015, 02:03
Hi,

There are four different products. This is made clear on the sales site.

One for FSX and one for P3Dv2.4+. We do not support P3D 1.4 any longer.

One for FSX with Tacpack and the same for P3Dv2.4.

Thank you.

Kat.

Sieggie
June 17th, 2015, 06:11
Yup.. if you want to change the effect.. you'll have to run the model through a Hex editor. Shouldn't be too difficult to do but I'm happy with it as is.

ATB

After further investigation, I do not believe the problem to be with the P38's lights. I seem to be having problems with all my aircraft but did not notice it because the P38 is all I have been flying lately. I am going to have to do more research to figure out why things (even accusim) not longer cast light within my FSX installation.

:dizzy:

Dave

DaveB
June 17th, 2015, 06:46
After further investigation, I do not believe the problem to be with the P38's lights. I seem to be having problems with all my aircraft but did not notice it because the P38 is all I have been flying lately. I am going to have to do more research to figure out why things (even accusim) not longer cast light within my FSX installation.

:dizzy:

Dave

Oh dear! The one thing that springs to mind is try rebuilding your Shaders again.
ATB

Timmy74
July 5th, 2015, 01:56
Hello chaps,

I was thinking of purchasing this little gem but was not sure about the front tyre protruding through the cockpit floor -as per Milviz screen shots-!?! Does anyone know if this has been fixed? There should in fact be a "tyre blister" in the floor of the cockpit, which in turn should be the standard issue "cockpit green" colour and not an exposed tyre...!?

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/07/05/MilvizP38.jpg

Kind regards,
Tim.

DaveB
July 5th, 2015, 07:15
No mate.. this doesn't happen on the release version;)

ATB

Rudyjo
July 5th, 2015, 12:52
I will also confirm what Dave says, there is no "Tire" in the cockpit.
You'll be happy with this, it's a great plane and there are some nice repaints for it.

Timmy74
July 5th, 2015, 15:47
No mate.. this doesn't happen on the release version;)

ATB

You'll be happy with this, it's a great plane and there are some nice repaints for it.

Thank you gentleman. I will go ahead and order this fine aircraft.:congratulatory:

Kind regards,
Tim.

JimH
July 6th, 2015, 10:57

I'm really glad to hear that there's no tire in the cockpit. I was worried about landing on a muddy runway and getting my pants all dirty.

odourboy
July 6th, 2015, 11:44
I'm really glad to hear that there's no tire in the cockpit. I was worried about landing on a muddy runway and getting my pants all dirty.

You may still get your pants dirty, but it would be on the inside. :biggrin-new:

jandmbear
August 6th, 2015, 10:31
Hello all. I've been following this and have just one question. If I purchase the Lightning now, will I get the newest version with all the fixes, ie..stuttering already fixed or will I have to install a separate service pack?

Katoun
August 6th, 2015, 10:45
Hi,

If you bought it today from any vendor, including direct from us (recommended!), then you would have the latest non-stuttering version.

Thank you.

Kat.

jandmbear
August 7th, 2015, 08:35
Hi,

If you bought it today from any vendor, including direct from us (recommended!), then you would have the latest non-stuttering version.

Thank you.

Kat.

Thanks Kat! Looks like you have a new customer!

jandmbear
August 8th, 2015, 10:49
With Fagen Fighters recently repainting their P-38 as Robin Olds Scat III, I was wondering if there is a repaint of it for our amazing Milviz P-38?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26215&stc=1