PDA

View Full Version : A2A Dev update 28/10/09 - AKA 'Why so sad'

Lewis-A2A
January 29th, 2009, 06:13
Hello guys and girls and Mudmarine,.... oh we know your still here reading away :wave:

Okie dokie, what with all the strange news, black crows flying and two headed horse running through the fields here is were we, A2A Simulations are at.

First up after a brilliant testing period with our excellent testers the Wings of Power III Razorback P47 is in the final stages of production. Its turned into an excellent aircraft and makes me VERY excited at what 2009 will turn into.

For a taste here is the pilots manual and accu-sim manual;
http://www.a2asimulations.com//\wingsofpower/wop3_p47/downloads/P47_Razorback_Pilot's_Manual.pdf (http://www.a2asimulations.com//\wingsofpower/wop3_p47/downloads/P47_Razorback_Pilot's_Manual.pdf)

http://www.a2asimulations.com//\wingsofpower/wop3_p47/downloads/P47_Accusim_Manual.pdf (http://www.a2asimulations.com//\wingsofpower/wop3_p47/downloads/P47_Accusim_Manual.pdf)

Next on the list of declassified information, here is a shot of the FW190 in development from us, its been a slow burning project but after over a year here we are. I am sure I can get some better info and screenies on this one soon as theres just a few more things that need completing.

The last thing on my list is this last shot of an RAF variant of the cub. Once we have it all setup and looking good in FSX I will post some cockpit shots here for anyone who is interested.

So dont be down the in dumps with so much wonderful stuff coming from not just us but many other developers theres absolutly no reason why '09 cant be the best year yet for flight simulation :ernae:

gera
January 29th, 2009, 06:25
Congratulations.....Beautiful work!!!!! will be looking out for the Jug and why not the Cub too!!!!!:woot:

Mr.Mugel
January 29th, 2009, 06:59
Now thatīs a hot fighter in the 5th shot! I guess it taught the Luftwaffe pilots to fear....! :d

Some nice things you got there!

Pepere
January 29th, 2009, 07:06
Can't waite for cub and FW190! :woot:

David :kilroy:

joe redhawk
January 29th, 2009, 07:47
Hi Lewis,I see you are going to do my dads old cub NC1776 I hope I gave you guys enough good pictures and info and I wish my dad was alive to see her in flight sim .so many people never heard or seen a flitfire cub will be really looking forward to flying her on the sim i have not sat in her in over 40 years.
Thanks guys,Joseph

gajit
January 29th, 2009, 09:58
Excellent manuals - thanks for the preview :kiss:

JT8D-9A
January 29th, 2009, 10:04
Woow! They all look fantastic!:jump: :applause::applause:

jankees
January 29th, 2009, 11:10
Lewis, I can't seem to download the manuals, is it just me or...?

edit: found it, I had to delete a back slash in the url

warbird861
January 29th, 2009, 11:41
Lewis, I can't seem to download the manuals, is it just me or...?

I can download them with all my browsers

Marlin
January 29th, 2009, 12:46
Looking good!!!!!!:faint:

kilo delta
January 29th, 2009, 12:48
corrected links:

P-47 Razorback Manual: http://www.a2asimulations.com//wingsofpower/wop3_p47/downloads/P47_Razorback_Pilot's_Manual.pdf (http://www.a2asimulations.com//wingsofpower/wop3_p47/downloads/P47_Razorback_Pilot%27s_Manual.pdf)

P-47 Accusim Manual: http://www.a2asimulations.com//wingsofpower/wop3_p47/downloads/P47_Accusim_Manual.pdf

:)

Really looking forward to the Cub, Lewis........

ohh and nice Jugs btw :kiss: LOL :ernae:

Lionheart
January 29th, 2009, 13:01
Looks awesome Lewis!

Love those textures!

:ernae:

Bill

Mathias
January 29th, 2009, 13:45
Love the Jug's pit.
The 190 doesn't look too bad either. ;)

MCDesigns
January 29th, 2009, 14:14
Wow, awesome previews and a very optimistic post and outlook, looking forward to it Lewis! :ernae:

Scratch
January 29th, 2009, 15:45
Somebody get me a tissue..........Dang it's beautiful:crybaby:

They even have a real Tuskeegee pilot:applause:

AckAck
January 29th, 2009, 19:37
Argh - is it October already?

SolarEagle
January 29th, 2009, 21:33
This must be my most anticipated add-on at the moment, well maybe tied with the Warbird P-51, but all the custom engine programming gives this a unique edge.

One thing I can always count on with A2A is a product which excells in all areas, with no let downs. A2A has never taken my money on a supposedly finished product, only for a long list to appear on release day highlighting major inaccuracies, bugs, and engine characteristics that are just plain wrong.

I don't know who programs the A2A flight models, but they just have the right "feel", which I enjoy flying as much as those by Rob Young, so I place the A2A flight/engine models up there with those by RealAir, meaning above all others.

FLighT01
January 30th, 2009, 03:40
...I don't know who programs the A2A flight models, but they just have the right "feel", which I enjoy flying as much as those by Rob Young, so I place the A2A flight/engine models up there with those by RealAir, meaning above all others.

I couldn't agree more. And I love it when developers release the manuals ahead of the actual product release. Gives me an opportunity to get familiar before I start flying, always makes for a better experience, especially as this will be my first exposure to flying with Accusim.

Almost bought the old FSX P-47 Solo version last week. Thanks for the heads up Lewis! Looks like we're almost through that "tiny bit longer" period.

IanP
January 30th, 2009, 10:49
Well, okay, I have to admit that I got advanced warning of one of the versions here. Having the manual available means that I spent last night in front of ADE and Ken Delve books!

Some time ago, I was told that there was a possibility that there would be an RAF livery in the WOP3 P-47D set and that a certain person who knows full well who he is wanted a scenery done for it to fly from. The base it lived at is called Cox's Bazar, then in India. Unfortunately. Cox's Bazar is now in Bangladesh and is a not-exactly-small tourist airliner airport, so instead I offered to make a fictional Forward Operating Base for it to fly from... That's the first three screenshots here, and is entirely default objects.

The final two pictures are of the one I put together rather rapidly last night after getting access to the manuals - RAF Wormingford (gotta love these names!) was known to the USAAF as Station 159 and was in Essex, near Colchester. It's still used today by the Suffolk and Essex Gliding Club, but I've given it fifty parking spots and two T.2s back...

Available? Not yet. I'm waiting for a certain P-47D to become available, so I can get my clammy little mits on it! :engel016:

Lewis-A2A
January 30th, 2009, 12:42
Wonderful stuff Ian.

And now for a video...

K7cTL6YhEyg
(Watch in HD for best viewing!)

deimos256
January 30th, 2009, 13:26
that video is visual sex!

Lewis-A2A
January 30th, 2009, 13:30
Is now a good chance to mention it only being 1 of 4, ill up the others once done :ernae:,..
Oh and we have a busy list for '09 all of this kinda quality or beyond, aiming for beyond of course ;)

stiz
January 30th, 2009, 13:37
might want to check the second hand on the clock when it passes 9 :wave:

Also anything sorted out for march yet lewis?? i'm like a kid in a sweet job whos been told they can have whatever they want for free ..... if they can escape from a glass box before the lions eat them! :d

Tim-HH
January 30th, 2009, 13:42
Once again, I am deeply impressed by your work guys! Just briliant! :applause:

Greetings
Tim

jankees
January 30th, 2009, 14:11
I want it I want it I want it I want it I want to paint it...

IanP
January 30th, 2009, 14:18
You know you offered me a Squadron of repaints for AI, jankees...? :naturesm:

Lewis-A2A
January 31st, 2009, 01:00
Okie dokie, overnight Scott uploaded the full series so here they all are.

Video 1;
K7cTL6YhEyg

Video 2;
k-E50TqJfGk

Video 3;
ZTY11zy5-m8

Video 4;
Rag1q9OGCPA

I do recommend you visit youtube however and click 'watch in HD' for some cracking watching even if your not really interested in such detail its still nice to watch :engel016:

Stiz, yes March looks good still.

jankees
January 31st, 2009, 01:10
You know you offered me a Squadron of repaints for AI, jankees...? :naturesm:

did I?
Which squadron were you thinking of?

IanP
January 31st, 2009, 01:46
It was a joke back when I was doing Hixon and Nick was pestering me about doing AI to fill them all, if I remember correctly... I wasn't being serious by bringing it back up.

While I certainly wouldn't object to having the other 13-or-so aircraft that would have been operational for a Squadron at any one time, I also wouldn't inflict doing that on anyone, knowing how much personalisation was done on US aircraft and how little information is available to do them off.

jankees
January 31st, 2009, 03:06
It was a joke back when I was doing Hixon and Nick was pestering me about doing AI to fill them all, if I remember correctly... I wasn't being serious by bringing it back up.

While I certainly wouldn't object to having the other 13-or-so aircraft that would have been operational for a Squadron at any one time, I also wouldn't inflict doing that on anyone, knowing how much personalisation was done on US aircraft and how little information is available to do them off.

phfew, you had me wondering there..
mind you, I am close to having painted a complete squadron of the 357th FG, so if you can make Leiston, I already have 25+ aircraft to fill that

6297J
January 31st, 2009, 03:47
Stunning videos there :faint:

Meso
January 31st, 2009, 04:23
I have a question for lewis or anyuone else involved in the project. Is it possible to see the aircraft cast shadows on itself from the VC? I like that very much in the default aircraft, but understood it was difficult to program?
If not it is not a big deal on an aircraft with already so much detail and realism, but it gives a nice extra dimension on especially the low wing aircraft.

kind regards,

Meso

deimos256
January 31st, 2009, 04:46
forgive me if this has been discussed, but is this a whole new aircraft or is accusim an addon to the existing razorback you offer?

Epsillon
January 31st, 2009, 05:06
forgive me if this has been discussed, but is this a whole new aircraft or is accusim an addon to the existing razorback you offer?
This is a totally new airplane...

ICDP
January 31st, 2009, 05:11
Meso, sorry the shadows in the VC are not enabled.

deimos256, the new P-47 has a much higher polygon count, new textures inside and out. It is a massive improvement over the older FSX/FS9 P-47.

IanP
January 31st, 2009, 05:14
deimos: It's a complete new aircraft - it would have to be, to accomodate the Accu-Sim features properly, which haven't been modelled in previous versions. I don't know how much of the old aircraft was used to develop the new one, but it will have to be new MDLs.

jankees: The two units I have done bases for (although Halesworth is back in the workshop because Lewis wants more... ;)) are the 56th FG (Zemke's Wolfpack - 61st, 62nd, 63rd FS) prior to their move to Boxted and the 362nd FG (377th, 378th and 379th FS) during 1944.

From the manual, there's a single repaint for a single aircraft from each group in the new pack - the 56th FG one is in Boxted colours, not Halesworth, but the 362nd one is in Wormingford colours - hence I did the base for it. I don't know what information I have for Leiston, or what's left of it on the ground to position it from, but I'll certainly have a look!

Edit: There's next to nothing of Leiston left on the ground, unfortunately, so positioning it will be pretty much guesswork. I can do it, but it won't be as accurate as I'd prefer.

stansdds
January 31st, 2009, 05:54
Oh, my!!!! I've seen the videos and I think I've soiled myself. I did not purchase the B377 because I'm just not into the complexity of 4-engined aircraft. I expect I will purchase the P-47, I love how A2A has tried to capture all the nuances of the various systems and procedures in operating radial engined aircraft. :woot:Once again, A2A is setting the gold standard for FSX.

Lewis-A2A
January 31st, 2009, 10:35
Well as always everyones helped out sop I dont really need to answer,..

but yes its a new aircraft under the new WOPIII line, for those with the current P47 for fsx, Scott has thought up an upgrade discount package jobby, more detail for that to follow.

Epsillon
January 31st, 2009, 11:03
...Scott has thought up an upgrade discount package jobby, more detail for that to follow.

Cool...:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

deimos256
January 31st, 2009, 11:27
will this be priced like the b377?

Lewis-A2A
January 31st, 2009, 12:36
We don't have a final price plan right at this moment.

gajit
January 31st, 2009, 12:42
for those with the current P47 for fsx, Scott has thought up an upgrade discount package jobby.

Ive always liked that Scott :kiss:

CodyValkyrie
February 1st, 2009, 09:07
No bars held, baby.:woot:

RudiJG1
February 3rd, 2009, 09:24
P-47 appears to be released as of an hour ago...

stiz
February 3rd, 2009, 09:37
well there goes this evenings plans .. downloading now :jump:

Rezabrya
February 3rd, 2009, 09:45
is there anything we are not getting by using the upgrade one from the old P-47? or is that just a nice discount for being your customer before? either way i just bought the P-47 and accusim, can't wait for it to download.

Blade124
February 3rd, 2009, 10:20
No, the only different is the installer makes a few checks for the old P47.

Scott.