PDA

View Full Version : HMS Bounty for FSX Released

Milton Shupe
May 2nd, 2015, 16:28
HMS Bounty for FSX - VERSION 1.0
Built Specifically for FSX - (separate package required for FS9)

by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rob Barendregt, Sasha Rieger, and Rob Ibey. Helmsman by Craig "Full" Richardson

HMS Bounty 18th Century Tall Ship square rigger completely wind driven, individually animated and controlled sails, animated flags with direction and wind speeds, animated helm, and Sail Management Window to control all ship fuctions. Ship responds to wind speeds and direction with yaw, keeling, and pitch depending on sails deployed and yard arm positions. Ambient sounds, variable wind and gale storm sounds, ship's bell, "Salute", anchor weigh/drop all add to immersion.

WILL NOT WORK IN FS9 as it contains FSX native texture formatting and FSX specific sim interfaces. (Separate FS9 package available.)

BIG NOTE: The latest version of FSUIPC is Required for the HMS Bounty to work.

Note: Realism settings should be set to "Hard" for best Wind Effects (Will not work on "Easy" realism in FSX.)

Butcherbird17
May 2nd, 2015, 17:51
Thanks Milton and team. This puts a whole new meaning to low-n-slow.:biggrin-new:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/Butcherbird17/HMS%20Beagle_zps09r4n8fr.jpg~original (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Butcherbird17/media/HMS%20Beagle_zps09r4n8fr.jpg.html)

Joe

Milton Shupe
May 2nd, 2015, 20:22
LOL You bet; and its relaxing, interesting, and immersive, some say addictive. :-)

familton
May 2nd, 2015, 20:41
Thanks Milton and the Team!!!! Works great. In case anyone wants them I made a port and starboard camera definition for myself. Just add them after the existing camera definitions:

[CameraDefinition.5]
Title = "Starboard"
Guid = {75BF24D1-664F-464A-1578-278377EED2F4}
Description = Looking at Starboard Side
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .65
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 70, 4.5, -10.0
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 270
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.6]
Title = "Port"
Guid = {38BF48D1-339F-464A-4987-224877EED2F4}
Description = Looking at Port Side
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .65
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -70, 4.5, -10.0
InitialPbh = 0, 0, 90
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

Bob.

mjrhealth
May 2nd, 2015, 23:03
Just went from Botany to Sydny on real weather 14kts wind blowing to due North, now to figure out how to tac, thats not easy, Sydney harbour isnt that wide.

hairyspin
May 2nd, 2015, 23:38
Hint: all hands ready to wear ship (gybe)! Splice the mainbrace you scurvy seadogs, well done that team! :ernaehrung004:

Dumonceau
May 3rd, 2015, 00:21
Well shiver me timbers! :biggrin-new: Will this work in P3D?

Johan

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 01:30
I love this and have been keeping a weather eye on it's development. The attention to detail is breath-taking:applause: What's more.. I managed to get up and running and heading SW toward the Scilly Isles with the minimum of fuss (auto sails):encouragement:

One observation I've made regards the wake. I'd been watching the ship viewed from the stern.. admiring the craftsmanship.. and noticed an intermittent shadow down the sides. A pan round shows it to be the wake which is lapping some feet above sea level. Hope this shot shows what I mean..
http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/bounty1.jpg

I'm pretty sure the wake looked fine at the stern so this might be an FSX 'thing'. I've seen rotor spray over the flightdeck of frigates before which certainly shouldn't be there!!
ATB
DaveB:)

Penz
May 3rd, 2015, 01:38
Well shiver me timbers! :biggrin-new: Will this work in P3D?

Johan
In beta testing it worked fine in P3D, with two known limitations - if you use TacPack, you will need to disable it while sailing, and FSTramp has been observed to cause the ship to not move.

- JP

dhazelgrove
May 3rd, 2015, 02:42
Could we have a VF-84 flag on it? :wink:

Dave

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 02:50
Milton..

I think the wake issue I reported above is definitely an FSXism.. not anything directly related to the model. I've loaded it up again and have seen the wake rise and fall over a period of time so I guess it's the rubbish FSX water:encouragement:

A couple of other things..
The detail on the Sail Config page was overwriting.. eg, on the Heading-Wind detail.. the B of Broad Reach was under/on top of the d of Wind. Undocking the page and stretching it slightly cured this.

For my second run.. I loaded up ASN SP2 and found I couldn't get Auto Skipper to engage. I'm glad really becasue vis was so poor.. you could barely see past the bow-sprit!! I shut ASN down and Auto Skipper came back;)

I think Bounty must be stretching the SoH server as I've not been able to get in for ages!
ATB
DaveB.. currently heading 251 at 14kts toward the Sillies!:encouragement:

Penz
May 3rd, 2015, 03:17
I think Bounty must be stretching the SoH server as I've not been able to get in for ages!
I made a post about the release on AVSIM, hope it isn't my fault! :)

rcbarend
May 3rd, 2015, 04:23
The detail on the Sail Config page was overwriting.. eg, on the Heading-Wind detail.. the B of Broad Reach was under/on top of the d of Wind. Undocking the page and stretching it slightly cured this.

Dave,
Are you using a widescreen monitor or 4/3 monitor ? And what resolution ?
(the SM window is optimised for widescreen)

Rob

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 05:30
Hi Rob:wavey:

Widescreen.. res is 1440x900 native for this monitor.

I noticed a couple of FSX vagaries with the wind when I got close to St Helens (IoS). Despite having 30tks dialled in.. it suddenly went to zero and I stopped.. DIW. No way this should have happened with the wind direction.. I wasn't in the lea of the land at all. I tried slewing and eventually.. the wind returned then went again. Disappointing as I was within about 15mins of where I wanted to be but there you go. I'm presuming this is FSX playing up though I noted auto-skipper had turned off too.. perhaps due to the lack of wind.

I tired one of the default wind settings (35kts) and auto-skipper did well in furling the topsails to compensate. However.. the main-top kept appearing and disappearing accompanied with a red light flashing on the Sail Config window.. my presumption being that the windspeed was marginal for the main top. I tweaked it a little further down to 30kts and auto-skipper put me under full sail again. It's all very clever stuff:encouragement:

My moving wake disappeared long before reaching the Scillies btw. Not unexpected really as boat/ship effects tend to do this anyway.. smoke being a good example.

All in all.. a smashing first long-ish distance run. Never have I been so glad to see landfall!!:very_drunk: Disappointed not to be able to take it to exactly where I wanted to go.. I was hoping to turn auto-skipper off and set the sails myself for the last part.. but.. this is a flight simulator after all so one must expect certain sea-based things not to work exactly as expected.

ATB

rcbarend
May 3rd, 2015, 05:45
I loaded up ASN SP2 and found I couldn't get Auto Skipper to engage. I'm glad really becasue vis was so poor.. you could barely see past the bow-sprit!! I shut ASN down and Auto Skipper came back;)

There are only two possible reasons why the AutoSkipper won't engage:

1. The anchor isn't raised yet.
So: sure you anchor was raised ??

2. The wind is in the deadzone (coming from between -50 and + 50 degrees of ships heading).
Please check (with ASN active) the compass rose and wind needle; also, Wind-Head displays "In Irons" now ..

Rob

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 05:56
Cheers Rob..

The anchor was raised.. I'd been sailing for over 2hrs. I didn't notice if Wind Heading said I was 'In Irons' or not. Note I'd been sailing on this particular course for some time. I made a slight adjustment to give me ample clearance between St Mary's and St Agnes (didn't want to run aground but there's never a guarantee that won't happen in FSX) and a while later.. the wind read zero. (it was coming from approx. 80deg and I was heading 250 maybe)

I'll go back and see if it's an anomaly with that area;)

ATB

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 05:58

I noticed a couple of FSX vagaries with the wind when I got close to St Helens (IoS). Despite having 30tks dialled in.. it suddenly went to zero and I stopped.. DIW. No way this should have happened with the wind direction.. I wasn't in the lea of the land at all. I tried slewing and eventually.. the wind returned then went again. Disappointing as I was within about 15mins of where I wanted to be but there you go. I'm presuming this is FSX playing up though I noted auto-skipper had turned off too.. perhaps due to the lack of wind.

I tired one of the default wind settings (35kts) and auto-skipper did well in furling the topsails to compensate. However.. the main-top kept appearing and disappearing accompanied with a red light flashing on the Sail Config window.. my presumption being that the windspeed was marginal for the main top. I tweaked it a little further down to 30kts and auto-skipper put me under full sail again. It's all very clever stuff:encouragement:

My moving wake disappeared long before reaching the Scillies btw. Not unexpected really as boat/ship effects tend to do this anyway.. smoke being a good example.

All in all.. a smashing first long-ish distance run. Never have I been so glad to see landfall!!:very_drunk: Disappointed not to be able to take it to exactly where I wanted to go.. I was hoping to turn auto-skipper off and set the sails myself for the last part.. but.. this is a flight simulator after all so one must expect certain sea-based things not to work exactly as expected.

ATB

According to the manual :-) and programming, the Auto Shipper will deactivate when conditions are not met: 1) wind is coming from the bow end and no forward speed is possible (Dead zone, or No-Go zone), and,or 2) the parking brake is set. It will stay active if wind is zero unless it detects a minor wind direction change even at zero speed from the Dead zone.

Wakes will only activate after a certain speed is achieved of course so if your speed declined, that may have triggered it. It will also come and go as the "terrain" changes (i.e. as the water level declines with terrain. The rising wake I have seen when sailing the Amazon as the water level varies over the miles; there are obvious ups and downs in the river and the wake will rise well above the water level, maybe 2-3 feet.

If you are manually setting weather, winds and gusts, and running auto skipper, if you keep gusts in the wind ranges as specified in the manual, you will not have the sails coming and going like that. The other option is to manually control sails but watch for the red flashing light meaning too many sails for the wind speed. If that happens, simply stow another sail. You have 30 seconds on the red light before a need to reset the sails with the auto-skipper switch.

rcbarend
May 3rd, 2015, 06:09

That explains the overlap then... (character size increase at lower resolution; most modern WS monitors have a 1920*1080, or better, native resolution)
Shouldn't overlap though; the string Wind-Heading should be truncated then. (little bug in my code, sorry. Will be corrected in a new release, if any).

No idea what happens here; but the only way I can investigate is if you post a screenshot in that situation, with (in one picture !):
- The Bounty in spotplane view (so I can see the sails)
- The SM window opened
- The Test window (Shift-3) opened
But see also my reply for reasons when the AS is turned off.

Rob

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 06:53
That explains the overlap then... (character size increase at lower resolution; most modern WS monitors have a 1920*1080, or better, native resolution)
Shouldn't overlap though; the string Wind-Heading should be truncated then. (little bug in my code, sorry. Will be corrected in a new release, if any).

No idea what happens here; but the only way I can investigate is if you post a screenshot in that situation, with (in one picture !):
- The Bounty in spotplane view (so I can see the sails)
- The SM window opened
- The Test window (Shift-3) opened
But see also my reply for reasons when the AS is turned off.

Rob

Thanks Rob (and Milton for the answer above):encouragement: I'll be sure to buy a better monitor when this one breaks!! Don't worry about the text.. it's no problem.

I just ran my approach to St Mary's again (as close as possible) and the wind I'd set remained. It indicated Broad reach until I turned when it went to Close Reach as expected. When I got to where I wanted to be.. I purposely turned it out of config so that In Irons appeared.. stowed the sails and dropped the anchor. Why the wind suddenly dropped before is anyones guess. It's likely that FSX had had enough.. extended flights (eg, over 2hrs) can bring unpredictable results;)

ATB

dvj
May 3rd, 2015, 08:58
Hard to imagine a ship becoming a favorite in a flight simulation. :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

gray eagle
May 3rd, 2015, 09:01
Did the helmsman ever become a part of the views in the final release? (FSX version)

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 09:11
Did the helmsman ever become a part of the views in the final release? (FSX version)

The helmsman has always been viewable in the outside and spot views, of course not in the VC views.

EDIT: But only when the anchor has been weighed :-) Otherwise he is below deck partaking of his favorite beverage.

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 09:23
For those who just can't bring themselves to read the manual or open the Docs folder, there is a list of water ports from which to launch that provides for some great sailing interest.

These are they:

Here are some nice Water Ports to Launch From:

W33 Friday Harbor WA
W39 Roche Harbor WA
W49 Rosario WA
WA81 Fishermans Bay / Lps WA
WA83 Westsound/Wsx WA
WN19 Gig Harbor WA
16K Port Alice AK
19P Port Protection AK
2Y3 Yakutat AK (Beautiful mountain range)
2Z1 Entrance Island AK (SE of Juneau - good sailing scenery)
2Z6 False Island AK (Sounth of Sister's Island and Juneau)
3Z9 Haines AK (Nice to sail to Skagway or Juneau from here)
5Z1 Juneau Harbor AK
7K2 Skagway AK
5KE Ketchikan Harbor AK
6MA9 Cuttyhunk Harbor MA
M06 Havre De Grace MD (upper Chesapeake Bay-to Baltimore Harbor or Norfolk)
61FD Chalk's Key West FL (Good launch for the keys or Caribbean)
FL26 Kitching Cove FL
X44 Miami FL
L11 Pebbly Beach CA (Catalina Island)
Q87 Lost Isle CA (Navigate this river to SanFran Bay)

If you know of other great water ports outside the USA especially, please add to this list. Thanks

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 09:42
Cheers Milton;)

I've flown around many of those places in FS9 though not sadly in FSX where I tend to stay pretty much around the UK to take advantage of GenX, Treescapes and a number of EarthSims sceneries.
I've found a limitation of where I can go around the UK coast today on a relatively short hop from Penzance to Falmouth. I was a fair distance off the coast but with land in sight when I popped to the kitchen to check on my dinner (as you do). When I got back.. the sails were flashing on and off and I'd run aground on a piece of ground that had popped up from nowhere! Yeah.. OK.. I hear you all say but I'm sure GenX users will know what I'm talking about.. especially those who spend a lot of time by the sea with AI ships. Exactly how far away from the coast you have to be to avoid these landfalls that appear and disappear I've no idea but it kinda takes the fun out of it.

The model and how it works is great.. I love it to bits. It may sound like sacrilege but I'd love an AI version too. Wherever I go.. it'd be great to see Bounty or one of her offsprings either on a proper ship track or via AICarriers;)

ATB

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 09:42
Here are shots of life on the Amazon, getting ready to sail out of Stewart, AK, and on a fjord in Norway (I have not found a water port in Norway or the Amazon yet).

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 09:47
Cheers Milton;)

I've flown around many of those places in FS9 though not sadly in FSX where I tend to stay pretty much around the UK to take advantage of GenX, Treescapes and a number of EarthSims sceneries.
I've found a limitation of where I can go around the UK coast today on a relatively short hop from Penzance to Falmouth. I was a fair distance off the coast but with land in sight when I popped to the kitchen to check on my dinner (as you do). When I got back.. the sails were flashing on and off and I'd run aground on a piece of ground that had popped up from nowhere! Yeah.. OK.. I hear you all say but I'm sure GenX users will know what I'm talking about.. especially those who spend a lot of time by the sea with AI ships. Exactly how far away from the coast you have to be to avoid these landfalls that appear and disappear I've no idea but it kinda takes the fun out of it.

The model and how it works is great.. I love it to bits. It may sound like sacrilege but I'd love an AI version too. Wherever I go.. it'd be great to see Bounty or one of her offsprings either on a proper ship track or via AICarriers;)

ATB

Interesting; in my two years of sailing and testing in FS9 and FSX, I have never experienced running aground in the sea but then I have default scenery.

Actually there is an AI model setup and being tested. Just trying to sort out a few things as I am unfamiliar with how to handle ships in AI.

The Bounty Launch is also in progress to be released once textures are done.

Penz
May 3rd, 2015, 09:55
Nice to see happy sailing people!

If, like me, you find the stock cabin lights in the FSX/P3D version a bit too dim, try this lights configuration instead:

[LIGHTS]
// types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
// 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=Wing, 9=Logo, 10=Cabin
light.0 = 3, -99.412, 6.496, 14.898, fx_navwhivc,
light.1 = 3, -99.412, -6.496, 14.898, fx_navwhivc,
light.2 = 3, -87.992, 0.000, 6.939, fx_navwhivc ,
light.3 = 3, -77.414, -8.461, 3.454, fx_navwhivc ,
light.4 = 3, -77.414, 8.461, 3.454, fx_navwhivc ,
light.5 = 3, -58.759, 0.00, 4.052, fx_vclighth ,
light.6 = 3, -23.431, 10.679, 2.224, fx_vclighth ,
light.7 = 3, -4.169, 0.00, 3.175, fx_vclighth ,
light.8 = 3, -77.414, -7.181, 3.394, fx_vclighth ,
light.9 = 3, -77.414, 8.181, 3.394, fx_vclighth ,
light.10= 10, -80.5, 28.3, 13.9, BountyCannon ,
light.11 = 3, -87.712, 0.000, 6.879, fx_vclighth

It uses a brighter VC light, and adds VC lights for the lanterns in the captain's quarters as well. Don't ask me how I came up with the coordinates, I have tried placing the light at a nice spot inside the lantern where it illuminates the candle as seen from the eyepoint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Bounty_lights_0_zps5dhanpj8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Bounty_lights_1_zpsp2kaevkg.jpg

(On my way to Jamaica ...).

- JP

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 10:11
Just FYI, lights 0 and 1 are the exterior lanterns at the stern; lights 2,3 and 4 are the Capt's Quarters lanterns, 5 is the hallway just forward of the Capt's Quarters, 6 and 7 are lanterns in the great room midship.

Penz
May 3rd, 2015, 10:17
Aye, I have not changed the stock light placements, only the VC light effect used (for more brightness).

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 10:20
And for those who want to get the most out of the sounds, ensure your Sound Setting sliders are full right for Environment and Cockpit.

The wind sounds pick up with speeds and are very noticeable after 26 knots. As you approach gale force winds, things get really rough and loud. So don't be afraid to crank the winds up, throw in some stormy wx and rain, crank up the speakers and experience the excitement. :jump: You can thank Nigel and Rob for managing all the sounds through innovative programming and sound.cfg manipulation.

EDIT: Also remember that the Sea Birds and Ship's Bell sounds have volume controls on the switches with a right click adjustment, and may be set on/off as you wish.

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 10:21
Aye, I have not changed the stock light placements, only the VC light effect used (for more brightness).

Yes, I understood that; I was just trying to take some guess work out of the lights for anyone who wishes to experiment. Thanks

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 10:40
Interesting; in my two years of sailing and testing in FS9 and FSX, I have never experienced running aground in the sea but then I have default scenery.

Actually there is an AI model setup and being tested. Just trying to sort out a few things as I am unfamiliar with how to handle ships in AI.

The Bounty Launch is also in progress to be released once textures are done.

Hi Milton:wavey:

I don't want to labour the point but this is what happens. I don't know if these lines are always there because you don't actually see them until you're close.. they seem to appear from nowhere..
http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/landfall1.jpg

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/landfall2.jpg

I changed to a DH Beaver after that and flew off looking back. The lines disappeared!! AI ships will sometimes leap in the air for no apparent reason though I'm sure it's because they've hit one of these landfalls. If anyone out there knows a fix for this.. I'd be pleased to hear about it.

Rgr on the AI version and Bounty Launch.
ATB

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 11:03
Ah yes, I have seen two of those land strips in FSX and just sailed around them. You will also find that rivers and large bodies of water do change in height at certain points I suppose to conform to the curvature of the earth over some miles, or just to conform to scenery changes and elevation changes. I have sailed up (literally) and down rivers like this ... like rapids in Norway heading toward a fjord.

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 11:16
Rgr that:encouragement:

Any plans to do a lookout on the foc'sle:biggrin-new:

When I hit the last one.. I was only making 9kts and caught it much at the same angle you see in the second shot. That'll teach me to check on my dinner!! I need a steward too!!

ATB

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 11:20
LOL The best I can do, I did. :-)

gray eagle
May 3rd, 2015, 11:56
http://i62.tinypic.com/1jvltd.jpg

gray eagle
May 3rd, 2015, 12:01
Just curious, who is doing the voices for the make sail and other commands? Does that come from a movie?

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 12:08
Just curious, who is doing the voices for the make sail and other commands? Does that come from a movie?

Yes it does. Have you not watched the Bounty movies? Great stuff.

gray eagle
May 3rd, 2015, 12:25
Yes it does. Have you not watched the Bounty movies? Great stuff.

I missed it. Was it the 1935 version with Clark Gable?

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 12:28
I missed it. Was it the 1935 version with Clark Gable?

Yes, there is; interesting history on that movie. I posted a link to that history on the last page of the Bounty Manual. :-)

Folks, please read the manual. :-)

EDIT: There were actually five movies:

Films
The Mutiny of the Bounty (1916 silent) In the Wake of the Bounty (1933) Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) The Bounty (1984)

See other links here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Bounty

BASys
May 3rd, 2015, 12:46
Hi Folks

If you know of other great water ports outside the USA especially, please add to this list.
Milton -
If interested -
Now might be a good time to resurrect a 'community project' I'd previously been working on.

Out of the box,
FS9/X/P3D provides 574 water airports globally,
with -
- 568 in the USA.
- 5 in the Caribbean.
- 1 in Germany.

That's it !

Very few of which are suitable
as 'Water Start Locations' for pilotable ships/vessels.

I'm looking for assistance with an ODG spin-off project -
Creating 'Water Start Locations' for pilotable ships/vessels, (or amphibious aircraft).

I'll supply a single Google Earth KML file,
containing a set of sub-folders.

There's one sub-folder per Port/Harbour,
with each sub-folder containing a pair of associated placemarks.

At this stage,
all I'm asking is that you .....
relocate pairs of placemarks to suitable IRL locations,
take and record 4 measurements,
then save and return their sub-folder to me.

I'd then import your returned data,
and generate their AFD BGLs.

The catch is.....
for phase 1, ODG WSL - 'World Ports Index' Series,
there's 4,041 pairs of placemarks worldwide.

Hence my request for assistance. ;-)

If we ever complete that,
and can drum up sufficient interest......

There's potentially a further 14,000
covering the outstanding sea, river, & inland water ports.
Those'd be spread across multiple 'phased releases'.

All 18,000 have already been assigned unique 'Airport Identifiers'.
? Anyone ?

I don't know if these lines are always there because you don't actually see them until you're close.. they seem to appear from nowhere.

As you've discovered -
FSX default mesh is dirty,
containing a large number of elevation anomalies,
particularly that in the SP2 release
which no longer flattens the relevant offshore areas.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Meshman
May 3rd, 2015, 12:51

I don't want to labour the point but this is what happens. I don't know if these lines are always there because you don't actually see them until you're close.. they seem to appear from nowhere..

I believe... this is a default quirk of FSX from the very first release. Any time there is an elevation change in water and if it reaches a certain angle, then FSX applies a slope texture to the area. After FSX's release there was a revised Terrain.cfg file made up by a couple of smart people that fixes this issue and some other "quirks".

Highly recommended to get the update/revised file by Luis Feliz-Tirado and Dick Ludowise, but if there have been changes to your existing Terrain.cfg file there will need to be some cutting and pasting done to keep things in line.

If anyone wants to go down that path, start a new thread so as to not distract from Milton's and crew release and I'll try to explain the process.

DaveB
May 3rd, 2015, 12:52
Ahh.. thanks for that Paul. I was always under the impression it was a GenX 'thing'. Quite disappointed to find it's 'built in':(

EDIT: RGr that Meshman. I may have tried these in a previous FSX install and while some aspects of it worked ok.. there was a trade off.. isn't there always. Must look at that again;)

ATB

BASys
May 3rd, 2015, 13:06
Hi Folks

I believe... this is a default quirk of FSX from the very first release. Any time there is an elevation change in water and if it reaches a certain angle, then FSX applies a slope texture to the area. After FSX's release there was a revised Terrain.cfg file made up by a couple of smart people that fixes this issue and some other "quirks".

Highly recommended to get the update/revised file by Luis Feliz-Tirado and Dick Ludowise, but if there have been changes to your existing Terrain.cfg file there will need to be some cutting and pasting done to keep things in line.

If anyone wants to go down that path, start a new thread so as to not distract from Milton's and crew release and I'll try to explain the process.
Lance -
Luis & Dick's modified Terrain.cfg only fixes the visual aspect,
by inhibiting the slope-related texture call.

Applying their modified Terrain.cfg only hides the visuals
and does not address the literally underlying issue
of flattening these mesh discrepancies.

Just to clarify -
The waterslope issue was present in FSX RTM,
though not as extensively as previous SP2 screenie shows.

In SP2 the waterpolys in 'Irish Sea' and 'Southern North Sea'
no longer flattened these mesh anomalies, as they'd previously done in RTM & SP1.
Bugged in SP2 beta.

Above had a major impact on converting our ODG sceneries to FSX compatibility,
as platform models had all been compiled as AGL,
resulting in mismatching pad-harden elevations.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 13:25
Paul,

That sounds like a rather ambitious, yet rewarding project. Yes, please point us to another thread where folks can sign up to help out.

Thanks for the explanations; very helpful.

Regards

gray eagle
May 3rd, 2015, 13:26
Yes, there is; interesting history on that movie. I posted a link to that history on the last page of the Bounty Manual. :-)

Folks, please read the manual. :-)

EDIT: There were actually five movies:

Films
The Mutiny of the Bounty (1916 silent) In the Wake of the Bounty (1933) Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) The Bounty (1984)

See other links here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Bounty

I read the info on the last page of your manual - and all the other 17 pages.
I didn't realize there were 5 movies made of the Bounty. I didn't see anything about what version the sound bytes came from other then an interesting overview mentioned in the PDF so, I assumed
that they must of came from the 1935 version (I didn't see it or for that matter any version) - so that is why I asked. :adoration:
I wanted to see the movie from where the sound bytes used came from - thanks :encouragement:

BASys
May 3rd, 2015, 14:11
Hi Folks

That sounds like a rather ambitious, yet rewarding project.

Yes,
please point us to another thread where folks can sign up to help out.

Milton -
RFA is at ODG - WSL Project - WPI Series - Request for assistance (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?93789-ODG-WSL-Project-WPI-Series-Request-for-assistance)

HTH
ATB
Paul

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 14:21
I read the info on the last page of your manual - and all the other 17 pages.
I didn't realize there were 5 movies made of the Bounty. I didn't see anything about what version the sound bytes came from other then an interesting overview mentioned in the PDF so, I assumed
that they must of came from the 1935 version (I didn't see it or for that matter any version) - so that is why I asked. :adoration:
I wanted to see the movie from where the sound bytes used came from - thanks :encouragement:

Those sounds came from the 1984 movie, "The Bounty" starring Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson. It's a great movie.

kdfw
May 3rd, 2015, 14:32
interesting model. is celestial navigation using a virtual sextant possible in fsx?

gray eagle
May 3rd, 2015, 14:50
Those sounds came from the 1984 movie, "The Bounty" starring Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson. It's a great movie.

I have a Netflix account and that movie is listed so I will watch it. Thanks Milton for pointing me to that movie. :adoration:

familton
May 3rd, 2015, 16:54

If anyone is interested I made a camera definition for the helsman:

[CameraDefinition.6]
Title = "Helmsman"
Guid = {F8B3AFB2-A556-4a8b-8470-1EC3DB2FB90F}
Description = Looking at Helmsman
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.3
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 2.9, 4.8, -17.0
InitialPbh = 0, 0.0, 220
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

The camera definition number depends on what is your next camera definition. I have also added port and starboard cameras definitions above. Adjust the numbers so that they are in sequence.

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 17:03
Hey Bob, that's great! Thank you :-)

robert41
May 3rd, 2015, 17:17
interesting model. is celestial navigation using a virtual sextant possible in fsx?

Yes it is.
Using Dave Bitzer and Mark Beaumonts' sextant gauge, modified for FSX by Kronzk. http://kronzky.info/fs/sextant/tutorial/

familton
May 3rd, 2015, 18:18
Hey Bob, that's great! Thank you :-)

OK. Thanks. If you want to add them to any updates you are more than welcome. Bob.

P.S. I really love these ships!!!!

Milton Shupe
May 3rd, 2015, 19:29
I was just on TeamSpeak with Pops0 who was testing the Bounty package in Steam for me. Great news! Everything works just as it should. :-)

So, if you have Steam version, feel free to copy the package over and try it out there. :jump:

Penz
May 3rd, 2015, 23:31
Nice idea, I think you could do that; sun, moon and stars are decently simulated (apart from the eclipses thing!).

Penz
May 4th, 2015, 05:25
(I have not found a water port in Norway or the Amazon yet).
Did you try Oslo? It's a nice and picturesque passage up through Oslofjord. :)

Milton Shupe
May 4th, 2015, 05:40
Did you try Oslo? It's a nice and picturesque passage up through Oslofjord. :)

No, but I will :-)

In FSX there is only one water port in Europe, and that is in Germany (per Paul's post). Shame really with all the great seas and rivers in the area.

Penz
May 4th, 2015, 05:58
Maybe I'm' missing the definition of water port, but I could think of many just here in Denmark off the top of my head:

Esbjerg and Hanstholm on the west coast, down through Skagerrak to Aalborg through Limfjorden, then Aarhus and Vejle on the east coast of Jutland, Svendborg on the south end of Fyn, Kalundborg on the west coast of Sjaelland, then round through Oeresund to Copenhagen, and finish with Roenne on Bornholm in the Baltic Sea ... :)

(Lol, that actually became more of a sailing trip to Danish cities ...).

(And I'm not quite sure if Bounty can pass below the Svendborgsund bridge ...).

BASys
May 4th, 2015, 06:34
Hi Folks

Maybe I'm' missing the definition of water port
Penz -
Rather than ports & harbours IRL,
think 'Water Start Locations' available in-game. :encouragement:

i.e. Places to launch your ship.

81 for Denmark ?
Join in with ODG - WSL Project - WPI Series - Request for assistance (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?93789-ODG-WSL-Project-WPI-Series-Request-for-assistance).

HTH
ATB
Paul

Penz
May 4th, 2015, 07:07
Hi Folks

Penz -
Rather than ports & harbours IRL,
think 'Water Start Locations' available in-game. :encouragement:

i.e. Places to launch your ship.

81 for Denmark ?
Join in with ODG - WSL Project - WPI Series - Request for assistance (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?93789-ODG-WSL-Project-WPI-Series-Request-for-assistance).

HTH
ATB
Paul
Ahh thanks for clarifying Paul!

I'll see what I can come up with. :)

- JP

familton
May 4th, 2015, 22:32
I looked in the Sound folder. I saw the following:

crushedsails.wav
autoskipper.wav
shutdown1.wav

They are not in the sound.cfg. I have never heard any of these sounds while sailing. Are the files to be used in a later version? I see them listed in the sound.ini file. Bob.

falcon409
May 5th, 2015, 00:17

crushedsails.wav
autoskipper.wav
shutdown1.wav

They are not in the sound.cfg. I have never heard any of these sounds while sailing. Are the files to be used in a later version? I see them listed in the sound.ini file. Bob.
Yes, I've heard all of these and if I remember correctly the Whale sounds came when I first loaded the latest version of the Bounty and prior to starting "Autoskipper". The other two I heard after the Bounty had stopped due to problems with FSTramp while I was running beta testing and I shut down Autoskipper.

They play at specific times and apparently in response to specific functions and so I suppose it is possible to sail great distances without ever hearing them. I had enough problems during beta testing that I heard all of them.

rcbarend
May 5th, 2015, 04:32

crushedsails.wav
autoskipper.wav
shutdown1.wav

Bob,

Easter eggs ??!! LoL

- Crushedsails.wav: when you hit land, or sail too long with too much sail in high wind conditions ... Try it ..LoL

- autoskipper.wav: when you activate the AutoSkipper with wind more then 34 knots, while raining....(HMS Bounty livery only !)

- shutdown1.wav: after the anchor has dropped fully (HSM Bounty livery only !)

Rob

PS: the sounds are controlled via the XMLsound module (see file XMLsound.ini)

Francois
May 5th, 2015, 05:31
VERY COOL !!!! Looks terrific ! :-) :adoration:

familton
May 5th, 2015, 07:20
Bob,

Easter eggs ??!! LoL

- Crushedsails.wav: when you hit land, or sail too long with too much sail in high wind conditions ... Try it ..LoL

- autoskipper.wav: when you activate the AutoSkipper with wind more then 34 knots, while raining....(HMS Bounty livery only !)

Rob

Thanks Rob. I appreciate it. The sounds and all sailing features are really GREAT! I have never run aground or had wind of 34 kts and have never used the Bounty livery. I have used all the rest. Well done Team!!!! Bob.

dvj
May 5th, 2015, 08:50
Bob,

Easter eggs ??!! LoL

Rob

There is whale singing at times. LOL

familton
May 5th, 2015, 09:08
Thanks. I have heard the whale singing. Great sounds! Bob.

DaveB
May 5th, 2015, 09:56
TBH.. I've half expected to see whales/Porpoise/Dolphin appearing ICW the model.. such is the immersion this model produces:encouragement:

ATB

JimmyRFR
May 5th, 2015, 14:45
I wanted a place a little bit further north on the west coast to launch the Bounty from, so:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6080706/CP01%20-%20Prince%20Rupert.zip

Prince Rupert Port. Not much, just a start a little ways off the shore in the inner harbour, and a bit of extras in the way of anchored vessels and some fishing docks that may or may not conflict with any addons. It was done with ADEX using the Acceleration SDK, so it may or may not work with any other versions of FSX. Should work with P3D though. If it works, and people like this sort of thing, I may develop it a bit further with some of the missing lights.

Milton Shupe
May 5th, 2015, 14:59
I wanted a place a little bit further north on the west coast to launch the Bounty from, so:

Prince Rupert Port. Not much, just a start a little ways off the shore in the inner harbour, and a bit of extras in the way of anchored vessels and some fishing docks that may or may not conflict with any addons. It was done with ADEX using the Acceleration SDK, so it may or may not work with any other versions of FSX. Should work with P3D though. If it works, and people like this sort of thing, I may develop it a bit further with some of the missing lights.

Thank you Sir! I will check it out. :jump:

Milton Shupe
May 5th, 2015, 15:18
JimmyRFR, you could not have picked a better location; perfecto!

It's a great location to sail from or to. look at the attached. That are "boat loads" of water ports to the NW up around Ketchikan Island, and a good sail up to Stewart.

This is awesome. :-)

Milton Shupe
May 5th, 2015, 15:31
Prince Rupert Port Screenshots - Very nice :applause:

JimmyRFR
May 5th, 2015, 19:17
Glad you like it Milton! Be advised, you'll need a very favorable wind to navigate out of the inner harbour, or else hire a tugboat. I hear the fine little tugboat named 'Slew' is available for cheap!

I'm a prairie boy, and Rupert is one of the very few places on the coast (or any ocean, actually) where I've been on the water. It's a pretty busy port with lots of water traffic, and none of the sims do it justice. I'm trying to find a copy of a chart that will show me the precise spots of the lights / buoys, and then I'll do a bit more to it. I was going to create a few more both south and north, since the seaplane bases that do exist aren't always in a believable harbour location.

There's some incredibly scenic sights to see with the Bounty headed either direction!

JimmyRFR
May 5th, 2015, 19:44
Also, this appears to be a very handy site for any would-be sailor, kind of like skyvector, but for oceanic navigational charts: http://earthnc.com/chartviewer/

It would seem that I now have found my locations for lights and buoys... Now I guess it's just a matter of seeing how many default scenery objects fit the bill, or if I really want to start modelling!

jmbiii
May 6th, 2015, 06:30
[QUOTE=JimmyRFR;952199]Also, this appears to be a very handy site for any would-be sailor, kind of like skyvector, but for oceanic navigational charts: http://earthnc.com/chartviewer/
/QUOTE]

What great find. Only problem is, it's added another tangent to go off on. I'll never get my 'aero' projects done as I'm now thinking up 'nautical' ones. :mixed-smiley-010:

gray eagle
May 6th, 2015, 11:34
Near PAKT Airport ahead on the left (See map)http://i59.tinypic.com/2014sl.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/veqbuh.jpg

This song comes to mind when I am in a sailing mood. It's called "the enchanted sea". Came out back in 1959. I remember hearing it on my 6 transistor radio back then ( I was in 9th grade).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzTYMrM269o

I can sail the ship and listen to the music at the same time. Makes for interesting mood music I think.

falcon409
May 6th, 2015, 11:40
Good one. . . .I have also been queing up one by Christopher Cross:
https://youtu.be/7khQNR7s1Ho

rcbarend
May 6th, 2015, 14:13
Be advised, you'll need a very favorable wind to navigate out of the inner harbour, or else hire a tugboat. I hear the fine little tugboat named 'Slew' is available for cheap !
Or wait for Release 1.1 ....:wink-new:

Rob

JimmyRFR
May 6th, 2015, 14:51
I updated the Prince Rupert Port to be a bit more featured, includes container docks, real world located lateral marks / buoys, a few more goodies here and there. Should make a pleasant destination or start for a trip on the NW Pacific coast.

Happy sailing!

Milton Shupe
May 6th, 2015, 15:15
I updated the Prince Rupert Port to be a bit more featured, includes container docks, real world located lateral marks / buoys, a few more goodies here and there. Should make a pleasant destination or start for a trip on the NW Pacific coast.

Happy sailing!

Thank you Sir! I am on it. :jump:

familton
May 6th, 2015, 16:02
I just uploaded a HMS Bounty Panel and Toggle Switches Icons.zip.

This package consists of six toggle icons that are added to the HMS Bounty Sail Management window to toggle on/off the new camera definitions.

The new camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg are for the port view, starboard view, top view, helmsman view and anchor view. There also is a toggle icon to return to the VC view.

There are screenshots for each view in the package

The instructions are in the Installation.txt file

limjack
May 6th, 2015, 19:25
Magnificent!!!!!!! Just wanted to add my gratitude for this beautiful work of art. Thank you :very_drunk:

Jim

JimmyRFR
May 6th, 2015, 20:11
Or wait for Release 1.1 ....:wink-new:

Rob

I just noticed this comment... that's what I get for posting in a mad rush before leaving work! I'm guessing that you fine gents are further modifying the replicas to have a bit of diesel power? That would be quite handy at times!

Milton Shupe
May 6th, 2015, 20:14
Magnificent!!!!!!! Just wanted to add my gratitude for this beautiful work of art. Thank you :very_drunk:

Jim

On behalf of the team, thank you Jim, and thanks to all of you who have shown your appreciation and have taken the time to help test. It has been our pleasure.

falcon409
May 6th, 2015, 20:53
Good one. . . .I have also been queing up one by Christopher Cross. . . .

Try this one more time!
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7khQNR7s1Ho" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="510" width="854"></iframe>

Penz
May 7th, 2015, 03:11
Booty! Me and my crew ran into this strange vessel just north of Copenhagen. The big metal crates on the ship's deck contained all sorts of wonderful and mysterious artifacts. There was much rejoicing, and pillaging:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Booty_zpsz0pzuix0.jpg

Afterwards we ran back to the north harbour, where we celebrated our victory with the local lasses (and rejoiced and pillaged some more ...):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Nordhavnen_zpsfwvk8ygo.jpg

It's a good life on the seas. :)

Penz
May 7th, 2015, 06:16
Torshavn, Faroe Islands. Pretty nasty weather, 36 knot winds gusting to 50, and massive rain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Torshavn_zpsqvdwwz7l.jpg

Wind was from the northeast, so I got locked in irons immediately when turning into the harbour. Ah, the joys of wind propelled travel. :)

rcbarend
May 7th, 2015, 06:56
I just noticed this comment... that's what I get for posting in a mad rush before leaving work! I'm guessing that you fine gents are further modifying the replicas to have a bit of diesel power? That would be quite handy at times!
No engine power.
But you'll see what I added ... Surprise ..LoL

Rob

rcbarend
May 7th, 2015, 07:44

This package consists of six toggle icons that are added to the HMS Bounty Sail Management window to toggle on/off the new camera definitions.

The new camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg are for the port view, starboard view, top view, helmsman view and anchor view. There also is a toggle icon to return to the VC view.

Hi Bob,

Very nice camera Views !!

But I do have a remark about your upload ....
Which is more of a general comment when uploading additions to existing packages ..

Generally, it is not a good idea to include changed config files, like aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg, without:
1. Stating for which release it is.
2. Describe (either in a text file, or as comment in those .cfg files) what the changes are...

The following example makes this clear.
We're about to release a V1.1 (or whatever Milton will name it), which has additions in the panel.cfg (Window00).
And these will conflict with your panel.cfg, so if the enduser wants to use your camara addons in V1.1 too, he manually has to merge the panel.cfg 's
Not a problem, and not difficult, provided there is a description on how to do that (ie: how to add your camera changes to an existing panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg )

I hope you see what I mean.
As said, this is a general problem (same for other people adding stuff, like other camera's or new liveries)

Best regards,
Rob

familton
May 7th, 2015, 09:31
Hi Rob. OK. Sorry about it. I asked Milton and he said to upload it. I did not discuss with him the exact type of files. If you feel it is incorrect or not to the correct standards please have the Administrator remove it from the uploads. Bob.

familton
May 7th, 2015, 09:57

It should be noted that these changes are only for Version 1. They will not necessarily work with any updated versions. My panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg can be edited and applied to any new version if the user understands how to do it. The toggle icons should work with any new version as long as the camera definitions include the same HotKeySelect lines for each of the definitions. If the Sail Management window is changed then my panel.cfg will not work. I am sorry that I did not mention this in the upload. Bob.

rcbarend
May 7th, 2015, 11:21
It should be noted that these changes are only for Version 1. They will not necessarily work with any updated versions. My panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg can be edited and applied to any new version if the user understands how to do it. The toggle icons should work with any new version as long as the camera definitions include the same HotKeySelect lines for each of the definitions. If the Sail Management window is changed then my panel.cfg will not work. I am sorry that I did not mention this in the upload. Bob.

Hi Bob,

No problem at all with you uploading these camera defs..... The're great, and I'll certainly use them myself.
It just the lack of description I'm worried about, when endusers want to use it in V1.1 too....
Cause many users probably don't know how to do that.

So maybe you can add that in the upload...

As said, this is a generic problem when uploading additions to other addon's.
Adding ready-made .cfg files makes it easy to install, but in case of conflicts with newer versions (or other people uploading additions too ) many end-users don't know what to do and mixed up things ..

Best, Rob

llanning08
May 7th, 2015, 11:31
Try the Honolulu PHNL water runways ... 4-22 or 8-26. Gives a nice point of departure to sail about in the Hawaiian waters, or beyond.

Thanks for a great sail simulation Milton.

JimmyRFR
May 7th, 2015, 12:15
Try the Honolulu PHNL water runways ... 4-22 or 8-26. Gives a nice point of departure to sail about in the Hawaiian waters, or beyond.

Thanks for a great sail simulation Milton.

When I have a chance, I was going to create a set of simple water starts for Hawaii. I've been flying there non-stop for the few months, I might as well sail around there as well!

srgalahad
May 7th, 2015, 12:49
It would seem that I now have found my locations for lights and buoys... Now I guess it's just a matter of seeing how many default scenery objects fit the bill, or if I really want to start modelling!

Jimmy, first of all, thanks for tackling even a 'basic' Prince Rupert. It is a great spot with lots of potential that has been overlooked although there was an updated airport released for FS9 but without much done to the townsite and harbour.

Whether you are tending to stay with the modern world or would like to 'back-date' it, I probably can help with some resources. In one of my other worlds I'm modelling the stretch of CNR line from Terrace to PR along the Skeena River in N-Scale. There are so many interesting associations that can work with FSX - it was a major base for re-supply during the build-up for the Alaska routes during WWII; was and is a major shipping port for traffic to the Far East ( a day shorter by ship than Vancouver/Seattle) which came into play during the era of silk trains; and has always been a crucial destination for air service -Think Queen Charlotte Airlines/PWA/Canadian Pacific Cansos and later BCAir Lines Mallards (take note Milton! :untroubled: )

I don't know if it's still in the cards but we were planning a holiday/research trip on VIA this summer if I can find a week with reasonable fares.

As a starting point for those interested here are a couple of links:
http://www.rupertport.com/
Inland Air's dock-cam so you can check real-world weather http://www.inlandair.bc.ca/doc_cam.php
Not the best 'tourist' video but it has some nice views and neat helicopter flying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnwmgjsXn40&list=PLKq1voDLP1add3l5SlthTTIq-X8V_gpn8&index=10

JimmyRFR
May 7th, 2015, 13:44
Jimmy, first of all, thanks for tackling even a 'basic' Prince Rupert. It is a great spot with lots of potential that has been overlooked although there was an updated airport released for FS9 but without much done to the townsite and harbour.

Glad you liked it! I was there a few years ago, we drove Hwy 16 from Edmonton. Beautiful trip. The Skeena river is truly breathtaking. I'm a prairie boy, so any time I get to visit the ocean it makes a huge impression on me, hence it. was the first place I thought of when I thought of making a water start for my favorite ship. :)

It's getting further off-topic, but I've always wanted to release an upgraded airport for Rupert for FSX. I use the FTX regions, and scenery is pretty sparse for both the airport and the city. When I was developing FTXG airports I mentioned the topic of upgrading older airports for the regions (I was working on a terminal model for CYEG at the time), I got told it would be doable and could be released as part of a future upgrade, but I changed my mind on that. It's one thing to do unpaid work on things being given away for free (the FTXG freeware airports), but it's another to do unpaid work that becomes part of someone's payware product. :)

I'd also like to do the seaplane base and back harbour for Rupert as well. But then... it gets going and never stops!

JimmyRFR
May 7th, 2015, 13:45
In one of my other worlds I'm modelling the stretch of CNR line from Terrace to PR along the Skeena River in N-Scale.

I forgot to mention that that would be really, really neat to see!

Edit: Milton, I'm sorry for keeping on getting off of the topic of this great ship! For future releases of water starts, I think I'll start a new thread...

Milton Shupe
May 7th, 2015, 17:09
I forgot to mention that that would be really, really neat to see!

Edit: Milton, I'm sorry for keeping on getting off of the topic of this great ship! For future releases of water starts, I think I'll start a new thread...

NO problem Sir; it's all related to the fun we are having. :-)

Navtech
May 8th, 2015, 10:32
The sounds of this one are not bad ... a challenge for the Bounty !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DcvtZC1fc

Penz
May 8th, 2015, 23:03
Thank you for the tugboat in 1.1, now I can finally enter the harbour in Torshavn. :)

Milton Shupe
May 9th, 2015, 06:39
I have uploaded version 1.1 to other websites as that is their entry point for the HMS Bounty.

The update mainly improves the ship's wind responses to be even more realistic and adds a tugboat function along with a few minor updates. There are no updates to sounds or textures in the v1.1 release.

Rob continues to improve on realism in the ship's responses to winds, and v1.2 further enhances the Auto-Skipper function in this regard.
We should have v1.2 out next week if you wish to wait.

familton
May 9th, 2015, 14:47
Thanks for the GREAT V1.1. I really like the tugboat.

One question - Is the lamp supposed to be lit in the Captain's Quarters view when the lamps are on? I did not see it on in V1 either.

Bob.

Milton Shupe
May 9th, 2015, 15:11
Thanks for the GREAT V1.1. I really like the tugboat.

One question - Is the lamp supposed to be lit in the Captain's Quarters view when the lamps are on? I did not see it on in V1 either.

Bob.

Yes, there are 3 lanterns in the Capt's Quarters, one in the hall outside his room, and two in the forward main crew area, plus the two external stern mounted lanterns.

You will see the Capt's lights from spot view, not in VC mode.

I see them in all versions, FS9 and FSX. I may have had the Capt's lights mis-named in the beta but I think that was corrected in version 1.0.

familton
May 9th, 2015, 17:03
Hi Milton. Here's the camera definition I am referring to. The lamps are on but the rear top mounted lamp is not lit. It is lighted in spot view. Maybe there is no way to show it lit in the camera definition. Bob.

Milton Shupe
May 9th, 2015, 17:27
Hi Milton. Here's the camera definition I am referring to. The lamps are on but the rear top mounted lamp is not lit. It is lighted in spot view. Maybe there is no way to show it lit in the camera definition. Bob.

Bob, Since that light uses the vclight, just as you do not see a point light in the VC, you will not see a point light inside the VC Capt's quarters.

You can change that to the fx_navwhivc like the others which is a nav light and it may show in VC mode. That is the way I had these setup originally before release.

familton
May 9th, 2015, 19:19
OK. Thanks Milton. Bob.

JimmyRFR
May 9th, 2015, 21:19
Great work on 1.1; the tugboat is a nice touch!!

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2015, 05:55
Great work on 1.1; the tugboat is a nice touch!!

We can thank Rob for that added touch; nice to be able to have a controlled maneuver up to or away from the dock.

Thanks again Rob :applause:

stovall
May 10th, 2015, 05:55
Because this creation is so unique and the updates are beginning to flow, I will be leaving this thread as a sticky longer than the usual week. Great work Milton. :adoration:

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2015, 05:58
OK. Thanks Milton. Bob.

Bob, the ideal effect would be the visibility of the nav light from the exterior and interior views and the
cockpit lighting of the vclight on the surrounding walls and furniture. It would take both to get both.

Milton Shupe
May 10th, 2015, 06:10
Because this creation is so unique and the updates are beginning to flow, I will be leaving this thread as a sticky longer than the usual week. Great work Milton. :adoration:

Thank you Tom; I think we will be done with the updates by this coming weekend. Fortunately teh package has been problem free but we continue to find ways to improve on it.

There will be an AI and static version coming and the animated and sail-able 2-masted Bounty "Launch" as well but a new thread will handle those releases.

Attached: textures are temporary

rcbarend
May 10th, 2015, 07:39
We can thank Rob for that added touch; nice to be able to have a controlled maneuver up to or away from the dock.

Thanks again Rob :applause:

Well, with the rest already in place, this addition took me 10 min. tops to code it .....; where to place the On/Off switch for the tugboat was the main problem ....:dizzy:

Rob

Penz
May 10th, 2015, 22:54
Bob, try the alternative lights I posted earlier in this thread, I put 3 extra VC lights in to try and emulate the effect of the lanterns in the captain's quarters.

It's not perfect, but not too bad either. ;)

familton
May 11th, 2015, 07:09
OK. I'll install them. Thanks Penz. Bob.

gray eagle
May 11th, 2015, 10:43
Thank you for the tugboat in 1.1, now I can finally enter the harbour in Torshavn. :)

Tugboat? In v1.1 bounty?

JimmyRFR
May 11th, 2015, 11:35
Tugboat? In v1.1 bounty?

There's no visible or audible tugboat, but it simulates the presence of one by being able to navigate at a max speed of four knots without sails. Very handy!

Milton Shupe
May 11th, 2015, 12:10
Gentlemen, version 1.1 was released with a number of small enhancements and we have one more coming in v1.2 to be released later this week. I used the 1.1 version as the most current release for Avsim, Flight sim, and Simviation. Hang on a few more days and you will have those updates along with one final improvement in V1.2.

Thanks

Milton Shupe
May 13th, 2015, 11:21
Gentlemen, version 1.1 was released with a number of small enhancements and we have one more coming in v1.2 to be released later this week. I used the 1.1 version as the most current release for Avsim, Flight sim, and Simviation. Hang on a few more days and you will have those updates along with one final improvement in V1.2.

Thanks

Our final HMS Bounty package version 1.2 has been uploaded and can be viewed here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?93772-HMS-Bounty-FSX-ONLY-Version

This is a full replacement package for all previous versions.

DaveB
May 13th, 2015, 12:23
Our final HMS Bounty package version 1.2 has been uploaded and can be viewed here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?93772-HMS-Bounty-FSX-ONLY-Version

Cheers Milton:encouragement:

A check on my 'plastic' account today left me horrified at how much I've managed to spend on FS addons over the past few weeks and do you know what.. I've had more fun in your Bounty and Manfred's C97 than all the payware stuff put together. A huge thank you to you and the team;)

ATB

JimmyRFR
May 13th, 2015, 12:31

Wonderful news, Milton! Many thanks to you and the team!

Milton Shupe
May 13th, 2015, 14:23

A check on my 'plastic' account today left me horrified at how much I've managed to spend on FS addons over the past few weeks and do you know what.. I've had more fun in your Bounty and Manfred's C97 than all the payware stuff put together. A huge thank you to you and the team;)

ATB

Ouch! :-) Well, we would much rather contribute to your enjoyment than your debt. :-) Thanks for sharing your comments.

familton
May 13th, 2015, 17:17
I had previously uploaded the HMS Bounty V1.1 New Camera Definitions and Panel and Toggle Icons.zip. I have edited the title to include Version 1.2. It works perfectly in V1.1 and V1.2. If you have already downloaded it it will work in either V1.1 or V1.2.

It's in the FSX Other folder area of the Library. Bob.

familton
May 13th, 2015, 17:20
Nice to see happy sailing people!

If, like me, you find the stock cabin lights in the FSX/P3D version a bit too dim, try this lights configuration instead:

[LIGHTS]
// types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
// 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=Wing, 9=Logo, 10=Cabin
light.0 = 3, -99.412, 6.496, 14.898, fx_navwhivc,
light.1 = 3, -99.412, -6.496, 14.898, fx_navwhivc,
light.2 = 3, -87.992, 0.000, 6.939, fx_navwhivc ,
light.3 = 3, -77.414, -8.461, 3.454, fx_navwhivc ,
light.4 = 3, -77.414, 8.461, 3.454, fx_navwhivc ,
light.5 = 3, -58.759, 0.00, 4.052, fx_vclighth ,
light.6 = 3, -23.431, 10.679, 2.224, fx_vclighth ,
light.7 = 3, -4.169, 0.00, 3.175, fx_vclighth ,
light.8 = 3, -77.414, -7.181, 3.394, fx_vclighth ,
light.9 = 3, -77.414, 8.181, 3.394, fx_vclighth ,
light.10= 10, -80.5, 28.3, 13.9, BountyCannon ,
light.11 = 3, -87.712, 0.000, 6.879, fx_vclighth

It uses a brighter VC light, and adds VC lights for the lanterns in the captain's quarters as well. Don't ask me how I came up with the coordinates, I have tried placing the light at a nice spot inside the lantern where it illuminates the candle as seen from the eyepoint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Bounty_lights_0_zps5dhanpj8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Hierophant/FSX/Bounty_lights_1_zpsp2kaevkg.jpg

(On my way to Jamaica ...).

- JP

Hi Penz. Are these light definitions in V1.2. If not will they enhance V1.2? Bob.

Milton Shupe
May 13th, 2015, 17:29
I had previously uploaded the HMS Bounty V1.1 New Camera Definitions and Panel and Toggle Icons.zip. I have edited the title to include Version 1.2. It works perfectly in V1.1 and V1.2. If you have already downloaded it it will work in either V1.1 or V1.2.

It's in the FSX Other folder area of the Library. Bob.

Thank you for that Bob; greatly appreciated. :applause:

Milton Shupe
May 13th, 2015, 17:30
Hi Penz. Are these light definitions in V1.2. If not will they enhance V1.2? Bob.

The major changes in v1.2 had to do mainly with the panel folder only so there should be no changes to Penz's lights.

familton
May 13th, 2015, 18:31
Milton you are more than welcome. Bob.

P.S. V1.2 is GREAT!!!

familton
May 14th, 2015, 12:01
I wanted a moving map so I could watch my progress while using the HMS Bounty sailing ship. It has zoom capability. Works fine. I did not see any frames hit. I get 30 fps. The map gauge was in my FSX Gauges folder. I am not sure if it's a default gauge. Here's what I did.

I added:

WindowXX=Map (Where xx is the next window number)

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Windowxx]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=140,140
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=222
window_size= 0.310, 0.400
window_pos= 0.000, 0.050
type=SPECIAL

gauge00=map!map, 0,10,140,129
gauge01=map!zoom, 0,0,24,10

It puts a map at the top left of the screen so you can watch your position and progress. I made a toggle icon to call it up but you can access sit via the Views-Instrument Panel window. Bob.

gray eagle
May 14th, 2015, 12:18
I wanted a moving map so I could watch my progress while using the HMS Bounty sailing ship. It has zoom capability. Works fine. I did not see any frames hit. I get 30 fps. The map gauge was in my FSX Gauges folder. I am not sure if it's a default gauge. Here's what I did.

I added:

[Windowxx]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=140,140
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=222
window_pos= 0.000, 0.050
type=SPECIAL

It puts a map at the top left of the screen so you can watch your position and progress. I made a toggle icon to call it up but you can access sit via the Views-Instrument Panel window. Bob.

Bob,

Unless I put your recipe in the wrong area or not did it correctly, I see no icon nor moving map. I have access to a GPS map thats pops up above the sail mgt screen.

Milton Shupe
May 14th, 2015, 12:36

I added:

[Windowxx]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=140,140
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=222
window_pos= 0.000, 0.050
type=SPECIAL

Bob, I do not have Map as a gauge in my version of FSX or FS9 so it must belong to one of your downloads.

gray eagle
May 14th, 2015, 14:35
Bob, I do not have Map as a gauge in my version of FSX or FS9 so it must belong to one of your downloads.

So maybe this is something that does not apply to the bounty? I tried it and nothing changed. There is a GPS map in it already and it moves :adoration:

familton
May 14th, 2015, 14:52
Sorry all. I must have a map gauge that is not default. It works fine for me. I did mention that I was not sure if it was a default gauge. Please remove the post, if possible. Bob.

Added Picture

Milton Shupe
May 14th, 2015, 17:14
Sorry all. I must have a map gauge that is not default. It works fine for me. I did mention that I was not sure if it was a default gauge. Please remove the post, if possible. Bob.

Added Picture

Not a problem Bob, as gray eagle says, we have a GPS available with shift+2 to give us a map view as well.

Thanks for your enthusiasm for this project. :-)

familton
May 14th, 2015, 19:01
Hi Milton. I like the GPs too. All I wanted was a map with the water and land showing. It turns out that the map.cab that I used is not a default gauge. In fact it was made in 2005. I should have checked it's date and realized it as not a FSX default gauge. Bob.

JimmyRFR
May 15th, 2015, 21:32
I actually have two things to share with all of the you 'sim' sailors...

http://i.imgbox.com/ocF2CiWk.jpg (http://imgbox.com/ocF2CiWk)

I too wanted a map that didn't look like a gps, and after using a few that have been installed in my gauges directory by other random addons, I decided to make my own to fit the 'theme', as it were. :) Still have a bit of configuration stuff that I want to include, namely some nice graphical icons to zoom in / out, since right now they're just clickspots, as well as an icon to hide the water airports. Oh, and a representation of the ship, instead of crosshairs. Maybe a wind indicator as well, since then you could keep an eye on the wind with just the map open. Currently, the compass rose can be toggled between true and magnetic north, and the airports are filtered to just show water airports.

When it gets a bit more finished, I'll share a beta version.

The other thing... oh... the water airports shown are in nice scenic places around Hawaii. :) I got distracted by this map, but I have just two or three more to make and then I'll share those as well.

DaveWG
May 15th, 2015, 23:21
Nice work. That really looks the part.:encouragement:

Milton Shupe
May 16th, 2015, 05:48
Great work JimmyRFR; I look forward to that. :applause: :jump:

MDIvey
May 16th, 2015, 06:02
What a Superb project this is. Only just had a chance to try this out. Thank you.

Matt

familton
May 16th, 2015, 08:15
Great chart/map Jimmy! It fits the Bounty era much more than an aircraft GPS. I look forward to using it. Thanks, Bob.

Lane Street
May 16th, 2015, 09:09
I am finally getting to spend some time with this beauty today and what a treat she is!

Fantastic job and kudos to all who worked on her.

cheers,
Lane

napamule
May 16th, 2015, 19:54
What a fantastic model. It's complicated, yet everything works perfect. Been sailing it in FS9 and FSX Accel. Superb 'sail management' concept. Just EPIC. 5 STARS to M. Shupe an crew. Blew Me Down !!
Chuck B
Napamule

Penz
May 19th, 2015, 00:39
Just found this on flightsim.com - FSX Added Views For The HMS Bounty Pack, by Erwin Welker.

20 views of all kinds, put into categories.

A link (not sure if it works, if not, just search for "FSX Added Views For The HMS Bounty Pack"): http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=36883192

Nice supplement for the original views and Bob's. :)

Hanimichal
May 19th, 2015, 03:55
How about adding TacPack "cannons" on the sides, and let have some fun in multiplayer naval battle! it would be awesome !!!

Milton Shupe
May 19th, 2015, 04:41
How about adding TacPack "cannons" on the sides, and let have some fun in multiplayer naval battle! it would be awesome !!!

This is an FS9 model; no TacPac unless someone converts the ship to native FSX to allow more parts and polys for cannons, otherwise you will be firing blanks. :-)

JimmyRFR
May 19th, 2015, 09:23

I'm no TacPack expert by any stretch, but if there were something suitable to use as a cannon in TacPack (I kinda doubt there is :)), anyone could configure the ship to fire weaponry which could hit and damage AI, it just wouldn't be displayed as a model on the ship itself.

familton
May 19th, 2015, 09:39
Just found this on flightsim.com - FSX Added Views For The HMS Bounty Pack, by Erwin Welker.

20 views of all kinds, put into categories.

A link (not sure if it works, if not, just search for "FSX Added Views For The HMS Bounty Pack"): http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=36883192

Nice supplement for the original views and Bob's. :)

Thanks. Great views. I just added them after the default and all my camera definitions. I had to renumber them so they were in sequence. Bob..

Milton Shupe
May 19th, 2015, 09:48

If you want Naval Action, then check out that game for awesome 18th century battle, great ships, great water, great animations, great everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToheruywyI

JimmyRFR
May 19th, 2015, 10:38
If you want Naval Action, then check out that game for awesome 18th century battle, great ships, great water, great animations, great everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToheruywyI

Oh that looks great! Thanks for the heads up!

A lot can happen until release, lets hope that one makes it there...

Milton Shupe
May 19th, 2015, 10:57
Oh that looks great! Thanks for the heads up!

A lot can happen until release, lets hope that one makes it there...

That was an early video and a lot has transpired since then. there are probably 30+ YT videos out now. Check out the more recent ones for new ships, and even better action.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=naval+action

mvg3d
May 19th, 2015, 11:19
Hi Milton,

Shooner PRIDE of BALTIMORE II

Shooner ALABAMA

What do You think about these American Beauties in FS ?

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Milton Shupe
May 19th, 2015, 12:16
Manuele, I think they are beautiful! :-) Fortunately or not, my plate is full of 11 aircraft to get out and my filler project right now is the F7F-1,-3, 3N, and tanker. The Bounty required a lot of time over a 3-year span and I would expect any similar project as a filler one to take 2-3 years to complete. So, from my wonderful experience with the Bounty, I would suggest that you try one of these beauties for a break from aircraft development. It's a wonderful learning experience. :-)

dhazelgrove
May 23rd, 2015, 11:39
There's another galleon over at flightsim to go with this.

Arrr....

Dave

Milton Shupe
May 23rd, 2015, 12:00
Bob Familton setup a nice FSX AI route with the AI version I sent to him. Works great! Looks great!

I asked him if he would add a few routes and release the package.

No impact on frame rates i could see.

I am ready for some MP action this weekend if anyone wants to jump in.

familton
May 23rd, 2015, 12:31
Bob Familton setup a nice FSX AI route with the AI version I sent to him. Works great! Looks great!

I asked him if he would add a few routes and release the package.

No impact on frame rates i could see.

I am ready for some MP action this weekend if anyone wants to jump in.

Thanks Milton for the screenshots. I am glad you got it working OK. I am working on several other routes. If they all work OK I'll package them up and upload them. Bob.

Milton Shupe
May 23rd, 2015, 14:22
There's another galleon over at flightsim to go with this.

Arrr....

Dave

Erwin did a nice job on this one given its complexity.

Title: FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century

FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century. This sailing ship is a replic for Roman Polanski's movie "Pirates" with Walter Matthau as pirats captain. On my model I have replaced the oversized figurehead "Neptune" with a scary reaper. The boat is almost complete rigged with hundreds of ropes regarding the early 17th century. Forteen cannons and two Jolly Roger flags are animated. Twentyeight cameras let you explore the whole ship: The deck, below the decks and you can enjoy the sailors views from high above in the masts. Using FS2004 there are seventeen virtual panel lookaround views. FSDS 3.5 model made by Erwin Welker

mjrhealth
May 23rd, 2015, 21:37
PHNL just happens to have a water runway in teh middle of teh bay, two exits best place to launch.

JimmyRFR
May 23rd, 2015, 22:37
That galleon looks pretty cool... but it's the interaction with the wind in the Bounty that makes this ship so wonderful!

Milton Shupe
May 27th, 2015, 15:50
In addition to the alternate views he did, Familton has put together several AI routes in beautiful places. The latest route is around PAKT Ketchikan, a beautiful place to fly, and to not sail alone. Bob will be releasing all of these "soon". :applause:

gray eagle
May 27th, 2015, 16:27
In addition to the alternate views he did, Familton has put together several AI routes in beautiful places. The latest route is around PAKT Ketchikan, a beautiful place to fly, and to not sail alone. Bob will be releasing all of these "soon". :applause:

How was it possible for two ships in the views? Is one of them in AI Carriers?

familton
May 27th, 2015, 16:49
One of the ships is your driveable HMS Bounty. The other ship is the AI ship that will be uploaded by me ASAP. Bob.

Milton Shupe
May 27th, 2015, 16:58
How was it possible for two ships in the views? Is one of them in AI Carriers?

Yes Sir! AI it is, but you can also sail together in a multiplayer session, two or more ships. Seems not many people take advantage of that fun side of the sim.

You can hookup here: http://www.sim-outhouse.net:8181/

Go to the SOH.net site and read up. Not hard at all.

Anybody wanting to do some MP, let me know.
If you have Teamspeak, you can chat online with your simming buddies; highly recommended.

You will need a a microphone and speakers or a headset with a boom mike, $20 or less most places.

familton
May 27th, 2015, 21:11
I have just uploaded "Five HMS Bounty AI Traffic Files" to the library. This is my first attempt to make ship AI traffic.

There are five sets of HMS_Bounty AI traffic for FSX. They are:

1) NK30 (Sealanes-Jamaica Bay) water runway on Rockaway, Long Island around NYC harbor
2) Down the Portland Canal
3) Two Harbors to Avalon at Catalina Island, CA
4) W39 (Roche Harbor Seaplane Base) to W33
5) 8K9 to Ketchikan

Bob.

familton
May 30th, 2015, 17:30
I am just curious. I see there are 61 hits on my HMS Bounty AI traffic files. Does anyone have any comments or problems with them? Thanks, Bob.

fnkybnch
May 30th, 2015, 19:06
Hi Bob!

I "raced" the AI Bounty From Roche Harbor to Friday Harbor last night. I was having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures! It Works GREAT!!!!!!!!!
:applause:

I'm going play at Catalina Island tonight. I hear the bars in Avalon can be pretty wild on Saturday night!:biggrin-new:

I'm curious about something. I noticed there are two model folders, one sails, one static(no sails). Is the static model for scenery? If so, what would be the best way to place it?

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in the development of this FANTASTIC addon!

Mark

familton
May 30th, 2015, 19:37
Hi. Glad you like them. I've never been to Avalon at night. I've been there during the day though.

As far as I know Milton included both with sails and without. I am sure that either model can be used for AI but it would look silly for it to cruise with no sails. I've never tried it but it's just a matter of replacing the boats name in the Boats.txt and recompiling the files with AIBTC.

I am working on several new routes and if I see any interest I'll upload them too. One is up Pearl Harbor past the Arizona Memorial and another is around Seattle. A lot depends on what other scenery and traffic files one has. I've noticed crashes when one AI ship contacts another AI ship. There is a difference in the data for FSX and Google Earth which makes it harder. I have had to redo the routes several times to avoid other land areas or bridge supports in FSX. I had a crash into the bridge supports for that Verazzano Bridge in the NY harbor.

It's pretty easy to make the traffic files. All you need is Google Earth and AIBTC. It helps to have FSX Google Earth Tracker and AiRound 2 to watch the ships.

Bob.

P.S. Here's a screenshot of the Statue of Liberty.

fnkybnch
May 30th, 2015, 20:14
The Seattle route sounds good! If you don't mind a route suggestion, how about Charlotte Amalie Harbor, St. Thomas USVI (VI22) to Christiansted Harbor, St. Croix USVI (VI23)?

About the static no sails model, I was thinking more along the lines of a scenery object that can be placed by Instant Scenery or any other object placement program.

Thanks!

Mark

familton
May 31st, 2015, 17:15
Hi Mark. I made a traffic file from the Cyril E. King Airport (TIST) to VI32. I did that because VI22 was way offshore and did

not take advantage of the shoreline scenery. Unzip the attached file and place the bgl file into your Scenery\World\Scenery

(the same place that you have the other traffic file from my traffic zip file) and the kml file which you can load and view in Google

Earth. It's on a 1 hr schedule so go to TIST runway 10 at a little bit before any 1 hr time increment (UTC). You will have to

slew your ship a little to the right to be in the water with the AI HMS Bounty.

It's a lot better if you have the FSX Google Earth Tracker as you can follow the ship. I will attach a pic of the route, a pic of

the Google Earth Tracker.

Please let me know if it works OK.

For any other viewers of this thread this attachment will NOT work unless you already have installed the model in my

previous traffic file. (uploaded here at SOH). (Five HMS Bounty AI Traffic Files.zip)

Bob.

fnkybnch
May 31st, 2015, 20:14
Thanks, Bob!

I followed along in the Beagle. I love how it runs between the smaller islands before heading out to St. Croix. It was a challenge keeping up as she threaded her way through the channel!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23626&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23627&stc=1

familton
May 31st, 2015, 20:41
Hi Mark. You are welcome. That's why I did it that way. VI22 to VI32 direct would have had no nice scenery. Did you try the FSX Google Earth Tracker to watch it's position on the way?

If you want any more let me know. It doesn't take much time to make them. The time consuming task is to make sure you don't hit land in crowded places. FSX and GE data bases are not the same. FSX has a lot of protruding land masses that are not in GE.

Bob.

gray eagle
June 3rd, 2015, 14:35
FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century. This sailing ship is a replic for Roman Polanski's movie "Pirates" with Walter Matthau as pirats captain. On my model I have replaced the oversized figurehead "Neptune" with a scary reaper. The boat is almost complete rigged with hundreds of ropes regarding the early 17th century. Forteen cannons and two Jolly Roger flags are animated. Twentyeight cameras let you explore the whole ship: The deck, below the decks and you can enjoy the sailors views from high above in the masts. Using FS2004 there are seventeen virtual panel lookaround views. FSDS 3.5 model made by Erwin Welker

http://i59.tinypic.com/25ium9j.jpg

Alongside the HMS Bounty

http://i58.tinypic.com/nefiwp.jpg

Milton Shupe
June 3rd, 2015, 15:30

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23683&stc=1

Alongside the HMS Bounty
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23684&stc=1

Ah grayeagle, I cannot see your attachments. :banghead:

gray eagle
June 3rd, 2015, 15:38
Ah grayeagle, I cannot see your attachments. :banghead:

Any better? I originally loaded direct from my computer then reupped to a hoster.

http://i59.tinypic.com/25ium9j.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/nefiwp.jpg

Milton Shupe
June 3rd, 2015, 15:54
Yes, but now I see the pics in both posts. :dizzy:

That model sure looks large. I will have to look up the dimensions to see how much bigger it is than the Bounty.

gray eagle
June 3rd, 2015, 16:20
Yes, but now I see the pics in both posts. :dizzy:

That model sure looks large. I will have to look up the dimensions to see how much bigger it is than the Bounty.

That's because I reloaded the pics in both posts.

DaveB
June 27th, 2015, 13:00

Been waiting for the AI Bounty to appear and found it with Henrik's latest AI Ships set. She's flying 3 ensigns mate but the rest looks fine. See here.. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91757-179-New-AI-ships-released&p=962580#post962580

ATB

Milton Shupe
June 27th, 2015, 14:25

Been waiting for the AI Bounty to appear and found it with Henrik's latest AI Ships set. She's flying 3 ensigns mate but the rest looks fine. See here.. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91757-179-New-AI-ships-released&p=962580#post962580

ATB

LOL Now that is making a statement! There are actually 4 available that are shown/hidden based on wind speeds. But, they all look like the same one. Henrik has teh gmax source and may have to pull all but one out. I know they work correctly in the AI work that familton did as I have that addon. Not sure what the issue could be.

EDIT: Sorted .... when Henrik re-exported the model to set the FSRef differently, he did not have the required xml code to be included in the model at export time. I have sent that to him.

DaveB
June 27th, 2015, 16:02

ATB