PDA

View Full Version : Stinger Bug Light

Ickie
May 2nd, 2015, 07:45
I hate being ripped off and by a well known name Stinger Bug Light
2 years ago I bought a stinger bug light from Walmart, and 1 year later It quit working, I assumed it was the non returnable light bulb at $10
Nope electronics burned up
so i bought a new better one of the same brand was my mistake. it lasted 1 year and again i bought a new non returnable light bulb and again it was the electronics, this time I took it apart and got pictures.
I tried calling them but no answer after 30 minutes of messages and pressing buttons.
I got pissed and sent them an email.
================================================== ==
Now I will expose this crime!
#1 they make them to last 1 year
#2 fool you into buying an expensive non returnable light bulb
#3 they play dumb. "as if this is the first complaint"

arfyhun
May 2nd, 2015, 08:30
Aah! I see the error Ickie. 'Better'....

Over here in GB I see; 'new improved recipe'; 'better illumination' et al every time I shop but all I get is smaller portions for the same money.

And as you say, getting hold of them to complain...

Good luck on your mission Ickie, keep us posted mate.

Graham.

Daveroo
May 2nd, 2015, 09:45
if i were you,id send this email to the better business burow ,and to the Justice department..since they are prolly world wide...id just start at the top...cant get anywhere with the local da's offices.

deKoven
May 3rd, 2015, 04:41
if i were you,id send this email to the better business burow ,and to the Justice department..since they are prolly world wide...id just start at the top...cant get anywhere with the local da's offices.

If you feel you have a legitimate beef then the BBB (Better Business Bureau) is indeed the proper way to go. No sense talking to local officials because any large corp will be vast miles away from their jurisdiction. The BBB, OTOH, is the muscular arm of commerce that could be of use to you.

:a1089:

Ickie
May 3rd, 2015, 06:29
with my research I have found almost everyone who has one of these brand bug zappers has the same story.
I hope you do not buy one of these 1 year bug lights or get caught buying a bulb as they want to get more money out of you.

what ever happened to the bug zappers which use to last years they would rust out and still zap bugs.

this made in China crap needs to go back to china.

I am a little pissed at Walmart for selling these and knowing about this problem.

Daveroo
May 3rd, 2015, 08:43
If you feel you have a legitimate beef then the BBB (Better Business Bureau) is indeed the proper way to go. No sense talking to local officials because any large corp will be vast miles away from their jurisdiction. The BBB, OTOH, is the muscular arm of commerce that could be of use to you.

:a1089:

as i said,i wouldnt use a local law venue ...i used Cant rely on them,but firing off an email to the US general attornys office wouldnt hurt anything..unless these people are in thier pockets...then you might be tossed in jail.....(do they do stuff like that these days..or was that just TV ?:very_drunk:)

Ferry_vO
May 3rd, 2015, 09:21
I ordered one of these, looks like fun!

http://bugasalt.com/

Of course I can only use it if my cat doesn't catch the insect first..

n4gix
May 4th, 2015, 07:43
Who is going to vacuum up the salt?

Ferry_vO
May 4th, 2015, 08:58
Who is going to vacuum up the salt?

Less hassle than cleaning bloodstains from my walls..

;-)

Ickie
May 6th, 2015, 02:55
my treats were heard, lol

from them
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered with our products. We understand the importance of being able to rely on good, quality products; which is why they all offer a limited warranty. Normally, we do not recommend to try and repair units yourself, it generally voids the warranty. However, I have brought your inquiry to the attention of my supervisor, who would like to send you a pre-paid shipping label to return the units for 2 new replacements. In order to do this, I am going to need your shipping/physical address, telephone number, approximate date of purchase for each unit and the date codes. Once I have this information I will be happy to assist you further!