PDA

View Full Version : Released: Roland Laborie A400M Version 2

SeanTK
April 30th, 2015, 14:46
See the link below. A reviewer had early access to Roland Laborie's Airbus A400M Version 2. Get it now.

http://www.mudspike.com/airbus-a400m-fsxp3d/

EDIT: RELEASED on Simmarket

goshawk45
April 30th, 2015, 15:02
Is it freeware?

StormILM
April 30th, 2015, 15:24
Before the end of the year? I just got mine downloaded and installed via an update email from Simmarket. The file is showing V2 and after a quick test, it is certainly a major step up from the first versions. This who bought it at Simmarket can download it now.

SeanTK
April 30th, 2015, 15:25
Storm,

Good to know. I read the article yesterday and both not having the product and from the tone of the writing, assumed that it would still be a little while.

So...change that WIP to "RELEASED".

StormILM
April 30th, 2015, 15:34
As I comb through that article, I wondered the same thing at first but I am pretty certain the new file at Simmarket is what you see in that article.

(Edit- 100% confirmed, the new version is available). To those who have not bought this model yet, it a super deal at 20 Euro ($22.43).

Daveroo
April 30th, 2015, 22:50
once again,my first thought is...airtanker?......and im not going to tell you how long ive been daydreaming about an A400M tanker...:untroubled:

Ferry_vO
May 2nd, 2015, 03:20
Does anyone have a link? It seems to be very well hidden at Simmarket....

Dumonceau
May 2nd, 2015, 03:25
Here is a link from another vendor Ferry

http://secure.simmarket.com/rlaborie-cargo-400m-fsxp3dv2.phtml

Johan

Dumonceau
May 2nd, 2015, 03:27
once again,my first thought is...airtanker?......and im not going to tell you how long ive been daydreaming about an A400M tanker...:untroubled:

I don't think so Dave!

Ferry_vO
May 2nd, 2015, 03:31
Here is a link from another vendor Ferry

http://secure.simmarket.com/rlaborie-cargo-400m-fsxp3dv2.phtml

Johan

Thanks, found it!

For some reason the publisher isn't listed by simmarket, and the product isn't linked to airbus or A400M, making it somewhat hard to find..

Aharon
May 2nd, 2015, 05:29
RLABORIE A400M is 2 GB installation. Wilco or JustFlight A400M is 32mb installation. Wow

Is Wilco or JustFlight A400M good or crappy? I wonder why JustFlight stopped selling A400M??

Aharon
May 2nd, 2015, 05:30
For some reason the publisher isn't listed by simmarket, and the product isn't linked to airbus or A400M, making it somewhat hard to find..

Just use the keyword RLABORIE and you will find it in one second :):applause:

Ferry_vO
May 2nd, 2015, 05:55
Just use the keyword RLABORIE and you will find it in one second :):applause:

That only works if you know exactly what to search for..

DaveB
May 2nd, 2015, 06:07
RLABORIE A400M is 2 GB installation. Wilco or JustFlight A400M is 32mb installation. Wow

Is Wilco or JustFlight A400M good or crappy? I wonder why JustFlight stopped selling A400M??

Yup.. I noticed the download is over a gig!! I wonder just how much of that I'd never actually use.. I'd take the RAF paint and that would be that.

Aharon.. if you look at the old Wilco/JF model.. especially the VC.. there is no comparison. You get what you get with 32mb:biggrin-new: I like the idea of having an A400 to go with the C130 and Globemaster but I'm really not sure about this model.. despite watching all the videos at Simmarket.

ATB
DaveB:)

CrazyCanuck
May 2nd, 2015, 18:00
Interesting to find out about this update. I promised myself my next (and only) payware purchase would be the Milviz 130J, but I must admit that I am somewhat tempted to give Roland some support. But then again, I need to keep getting better and better with my Iris Battlefield Airlifter...

Daveroo
May 2nd, 2015, 19:51
I don't think so Dave!
i dont know why not?..i was making a joke really..because everytime a new plane is in development of just been relised.i would allways ask is there a tanker version...made a few guys upset with me..lol...but if the C-130 can do it..and well i might add,with both MAFFS and with the new Coulson modular tank system...i really dont know why this wouldnt...

Aharon
May 4th, 2015, 05:27
I like the idea of having an A400 to go with the C130 and Globemaster but I'm really not sure about this model.. despite watching all the videos at Simmarket.

Me too!!!!!! Gonna love Vitaria C-17 Globemaster!!! Also do not forget C-5 Galaxy. I am not happy with Area 51 C-5 Galaxy. And I am urging IRIS and Vitaria software companies to make C-5 Galaxy!!!!!!!

Still looking for great exterior looking C-141 Starlifter plane for FSX use!!!! Would not mind using 747 default panel for that C-141 as long as it has great exterior looking for sake of beauty of screenshots.

Regards,

Aharon

assassinezzio
May 4th, 2015, 06:39
i dont know why not?..i was making a joke really..because everytime a new plane is in development of just been relised.i would allways ask is there a tanker version...made a few guys upset with me..lol...but if the C-130 can do it..and well i might add,with both MAFFS and with the new Coulson modular tank system...i really dont know why this wouldnt...

Thought you guys might enjoy this

Allen

http://www.cobham.com/about-cobham/mission-systems/media/news/cobham-refuelling-equipment-advances-a400m-tanker-testing.aspx

Daveroo
May 4th, 2015, 14:50
thanks for the link Allen..but i meant fire fighting airtankers...they drop the red stuff on the hot stuff.....

StormILM
May 11th, 2015, 21:07
FYI to everyone with the A400M. If you haven't received word yet, Roland has released a small patch at Simmarket for the A400M which addresses the graphics glitch (artifacts) some may have encountered with the VC views(which were not present on the external views).

Aharon
September 8th, 2015, 05:30
Sorry for bumping up this very old thread. My apologies.

I just bought Wilco A400M and I hope it would be good!!! Going to test it soon!!!

Would like to buy Roland Laborie A400M too but would rather hear any reviews or comments from any of you before making purchase decision, please.

Any opinions or comments on Laborie A400M, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Daube
September 8th, 2015, 05:44
I am using Roland's A400M in P3D v2.4. My computer is an i7 960 (yes, that's old) @3,7GHz with a GTX 970 on Win7 64.
The plane looks quite nice, the 3D model gives a good sense of size.
The virtual cockpit is quite complete too, but I'm not able to evaluate the complexity level of the instruments. The 3D modeling of the cockpit is not bad either, but I can't remember if the HUD is collimated or not...

I am not using this bird anymore because on my computer it causes a very big FPS loss in the cockpit. I was advises to disable some gauges like the HUDs and stuff like this, but this would make the plane useless so I refused to do that. I will probably reinstall that plane once I get a more powerfull CPU...

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0049.jpg

Aharon
September 8th, 2015, 15:03
Daube,

Thanks for review. Anybody has more reviews, please?

Regards,

Aharon

ubowi
August 17th, 2023, 03:29
RLABORIE A400M is 2 GB installation. Wilco or JustFlight A400M is 32mb installation. Wow Is Wilco or JustFlight A400M good or crappy? I wonder why JustFlight stopped selling A400M?? I like the Laborie AM400, but: It needs over 4GB on my FSX Drive. Why? In my FSX S.E. the installer built a completely separated aircraft install with over 2 GB for each of the VC and 2D model (with all common aircraft and texture folders !). You have to start one of the models, cannot switch to the other view by view switch. If you need more room on your FSX drive, you have to delete the 2D model e.g..? May it be possible to merge the models in one aircraft folder? Anyone with an idea?

Victory103
August 17th, 2023, 09:16
Funny thread revival, I was just looking up older SOH RL A400M posts prior to finally purchasing from Simmarket. I was holding off on the latest MSFS version, so got the P3D one that was sadly not on sale. I'm looking at over 3.7G for install into P3Dv5, seems to be textures mostly. I pulled the "Aluminum" model and fictional textures to free some space.