PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Modders and Developers

O-1Driver
October 6th, 2008, 16:40
I was pretty excited to see Nonato begin to build missions for ETO and then the threads by Slipstream and Squiffy.

I would personally like to see all the CFS 3 moddders take ETO just like we all did for CFS 3 as a base start and begin to improve on it. I am hoping that this talented group can build more effects, more guns, more facilities and other good stuff to upload here on SOH or other sites.As always we would also be proud to include any works that are good in our 1st Qrt update.

Feel free to take any of the pieces I have done for ETO and experiment and or mod to your hearts content. I think that is the best part of CFS 3 and why we have all stayed with it, the opportunity to continue tweaking and improving the game.

Please check with the ETO team if you have modded something in ETO for upload so we can get you to the correct author for approval, but as far as my stuff goes you are free to play with it all you want to.

Let's have some fun with ETO and use it as a basis to further improve the experience.

Best Regards

O-1

middle
October 6th, 2008, 18:02
I think I'll make this a sticky for folks to post ideas, etc. mid

Daiwilletti
December 23rd, 2008, 18:42
taking up Mid's suggestion, one idea I have tried is to modify the target aquisition string in the gun xdps for artillery (and ships, tanks for that matter).
Having the frontline spawns engage each other heavily is a lot of fun to watch. Amazing artillery duels, dug in tank formations getting hammered, just the way it should be.

Happy to share xdps, or to post text showing the mods, if theres any interest.

Merry Christmas,

Daiwilletti
July 8th, 2009, 01:34
This thread is really popular, lol :173go1:

But I think this is a good idea - when modelling AA guns, it would be possible to set up two gun barrels for each model (M3d?) of an AA gun. The barrels would be right next to each other. Then you could assign one barrel to fire (flak_gun) type rounds, and the other to fire rounds of "bullet" or "cannon" type.

In that way, you get around the problem of flak damage not showing on the mos file of the aircraft! :monkies:

All you would see in the visual model of the AA gun is a single barrel (eg. of a 37mm AA gun on a ship). You would set up the rate of fire for each virtual gun, of half the rate of the "real" gun, so as to keep things even.

I would love to try this, but as yet do not have the modelling skills.

So is that a cunning plan or what?

D

O-1Driver
July 8th, 2009, 06:12
D,

I think it is an idea worth trying. We should continue to look for ways to work around some og the built in problems we have in CFS 3.

Also some of the best things I ever came up with were accidental discoveries while trying to accomplish something else.

Ideas...Keep em coming,

Regards

Steve

phillip m
July 18th, 2009, 10:15
I'll see if I can look into this as this is my sorta thing:jump:
(also taking a second look at the Sikorsky helicopter, just fixed fixed a landing gear issue. I might also do the model again, just need some high quality 3-views / blueprints)

Daiwilletti
July 21st, 2009, 14:46
Thanks, Phillip m :ernae::medals:.
Lack of visible flak damage has always been a bugbear...

phillip m
August 20th, 2009, 18:54
well, taken a look and seems as though it could work, if two gun emitters are used in the model then the .xdp file can be made so that one emitter gives out the flak effects and the other, a cannon, creates the actual damage, and the accuracy of the gun can be modified by creating a special .xdp file for it.
(the emitters are the gun1_b1 etc.)

Plain English: it does work

Daiwilletti
August 28th, 2009, 14:47
well, taken a look and seems as though it could work, if two gun emitters are used in the model then the .xdp file can be made so that one emitter gives out the flak effects and the other, a cannon, creates the actual damage, and the accuracy of the gun can be modified by creating a special .xdp file for it.
(the emitters are the gun1_b1 etc.)

Plain English: it does work
Thanks for checking it out, Phillipm :icon29:

I also carried out less sophisticated testing. I noticed one of the multi-barrelled mobile_flak vehicles (quad 50 cal from memory) had several guns specified in the xdp. So I set up a variant on the gun and the round and specified the new round as a "shell" in the .xdp file. After flying a plan slowly over a formation containing the vehicle, I managed to get a hole or two appearing, however not so much of a "Shredding" as I'd hoped for.

Actually I don't know if it was a 50cal. Sorry I'm not on my cfs3 computer so I can't check. IIRC it is a flak wagon which specifies several guns in the vehicle .xdp.

Anyhow, it is obviously easier to mix up the rounds if the model already has multiple berrels able to be tweaked in the xdp file.

Keep us posted if you find out anything more, Phillipm!!

D