PDA

View Full Version : SCS Tu-134 v2.0 FSX portover

Bjoern
April 18th, 2015, 18:13
I'm playing around a bit with this bird at the moment. It looks VERY good and seems to be framerate friendly despite being a portover. The regular FS9 version, however, takes a long time to load (gauge issue?) and has an issue with the electrical system (doesn't always switch on).

There is, however, a FSX compatible version around. The latest one seems to date from January 2015 and can be found here: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Favsimrus.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F1347 91-%25D1%2582%25D1%2583-134-fsx%2F&edit-text=
(Direct link: https://yadi.sk/d/ZgUfUFHPQCwkf )

So far, the issue with long initialization when the model is first loaded is gone and the electrical system also seems to work better now.

I've addressed two issues so far. First, the annoyingly loud fuel pumps. To fix them, open the 134's sound.cfg and add these lines to the bottom:

[FUEL_PUMP]
filename=fuel_pump
maximum_volume=4000

Second, the camera views that were included were not useful enough, so I've done my own.

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title=First Officer
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef39}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.6
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=1.05, 0.0, 0.0
InitialPbh=14, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title=Overhead
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef38}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.7
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.5, -0.25, 0.0
InitialPbh=-62.5, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title=APU Panel
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef37}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.5
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=1.05, -0.5, -0.5
InitialPbh=-15, 0, -115

[CameraDefinition.004]
Title=Electric Panel
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef36}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.5
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.6, -0.6, 1.4
InitialPbh=0, 0, -90

[CameraDefinition.005]
Title=Navigator Panel
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef35}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.5
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.8, -0.65, 2
InitialPbh=10, 0, -93.5

[CameraDefinition.006]
Title=Cabin Last Row
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef20}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.5
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Custom
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=1.5, -0.3, -19.75
InitialPbh=10, 0, 80

[CameraDefinition.007]
Title=Cabin Middle Wing
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef21}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.5
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Custom
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=-0.55, -0.3, -11.6
InitialPbh=10, 0, -90

[CameraDefinition.008]
Title=Cabin Front Salon
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef22}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.5
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Custom
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=-0.45, -0.3, -5.6
InitialPbh=10, 0, -180

[CameraDefinition.009]
Title=Cabin Galley
Guid={83ae9d3d-5062-451b-abbf-6775fbe8ef23}
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=No
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=.5
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Custom
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=1.15, 0.0, -4.55
InitialPbh=10, 0, -95

All relevant stations in the cockpit are covered (should facilitate startup). The cabin view is a nice bonus.

There's a startup tutorial here:
https://youtu.be/b-656kZxies

And this is as far as I got, lol.

Need to study the english manual for the 134 (which I hope is not too outdated).
https://yadi.sk/i/SWeVYMzBdo3ie

There are also some guides for the Tu-134 in the official PT forums, but I don't know how relevant they still are.
http://www.protu-154.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

What I could see so far is that this thing isn't too far off from any other airplane from the same time period in the technical department.

VOR/ADF compatibility seems to be a given, but following flight plans will require familiarity with NAS-1, right?

There are also english voices for the crew somewhere and I've seen a thread on them at ProTu, but for the life of me, I can't find it anymore...

Any input from the experts?

P.S:
I've spent the last few days adding most 1980s eastern bloc airlines to my FSX and I need suitable equipment to explore it. The Tu-154 is FSX native, but looks like a bit too much of an airplane for what I want to do. And Interflug only used them for VIP shuttle service.

Naismith
April 18th, 2015, 23:11
The Russian birds are complex and rewarding once you get the hang of them. Oh and quirky too.
Perhaps Sean will jump in here with some insight. :encouragement:

Bjoern
April 19th, 2015, 05:46
Sean, VL82, von Strohheim...you name 'em!

I got this bird off the ground last night. The simple autopilot, i.e. pitch, bank, altitude hold works, although the latter has a bit of an capturing issue when enabled from a large vertical speed (overshoots). But this won't be a problem during some "serious" flying. Didn't try "VOR Hold" mode yet.

The autothrottle doesn't seem to work at all. I flip the switch, I press the button and then try to use the switch to set target speed, but there's no reaction. I might be able to capture the switches' L: vars from the model file and then implement the FSX default AT/speed hold logic.

After ten minutes of flying or so, I ran into the (known) bug with the electric system. According to the release thread on Avsim [1], there used to be a fix around, but vanished as soon as it popped up. There seem to be at least three workarounds:

1. Create a default flight with the Cessna 172 up and running (contrary to what is recommended for the model) [2].
2. Infinite Battery via (a registered) FSUIPC [3]
3. Set "electric_always_available = 0" to "1" in the aircraft.cfg (works in FSX only). (You still need to flick all switches, don't worry.)

The latter is my solution, but I can't yet say whether it works or not.

Next, the startup procedure I've posted above seems to be abbreviated and partially incorrect. "Tushka" posted a link to a video that demonstrates the correct one (in russian). See [4].
This procedure also exists in paper form for the 1.0 release of the panel (also courtesy of "Tushka" [5]). I've checked it against the current release and manual and changed it to reflect the switch numbering scheme from the current manual.
The document can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g/edit?usp=sharing
I still recommend watching the video [5] though, as it illustrates the checklist.

No luck with the english crew voices so far, by the way.

Does anyone know what the two toggleable circuit breakers on the c/b board do?

Has anyone found the stabilizer position switch in the VC?
It's supposed to be somewhere on the pilot's left side, but I just can't find it. There's a switch on the yoke, but it's inoperable. It's not much of a big deal as the plane does seem to respond well to elevator trim.

What would I have to do to use "VOR Hold"?
Tune in a station, set AP to "VOR" and then press the "AP+ANU" switch? Do I have to repeat this after I tune to another VOR?

[1] http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434495-new-tu-134-with-vc/
[2] http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434495-new-tu-134-with-vc/?p=2930443
[3] http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434495-new-tu-134-with-vc/page-5#entry3059663
[4] https://youtu.be/Bc68jsnpmvM
[5] https://yadi.sk/i/57T1_ozBYVZaS

SeanTK
April 19th, 2015, 06:28
I'll have to try this one later. I haven't used it due in part to it being a port-over, and due to a wide variety of still discoverable issues as you've outlined throughout this thread. Still, I suppose I'll try it out with these adjustments. I used to fly the old FS2004 version years ago quite often.

Bjoern
April 19th, 2015, 14:08
Found the stabilizer trim switch. It's on the first officer's side console, but does not possess a clickspot. I therefor made a small mod that adds the 2D version as a small subpanel. Might upload it later.

There are still mysterious, undocumented switches around.

Side console: "YKB" "No1" and "No2", bottom position labeled "BbIKA"; "BEHTNAATOP" with "BblKA" on the side
Circuit breaker panel: "AT-200U" (both switches)

Also, can anyone reupload the english crew sounds? Found the links again, but they're all dead.

The aircraft.cfg fix for the elctrical system didn't work. Chyort!

- Edit:

Yup, the only solution seems to be the one regarding the default flight, so:

1) Make a default flight, in which the aircraft has its battery switch ON.
or
2) Start FSX, load the default flight, switch on the battery and THEN load the Tu-134.

- Edit²:
I think i found the culprit for the electrical system bug. The Tu-134s systems do not switch on the MSFS-internal alternators. Trying out a fix.

Bjoern
April 19th, 2015, 15:58
Bingo! It was indeed the alternators!

Here's a gauge-based fix* and the stabilizer trim window mentioned above:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMcUM2ejJYSk51ekE/view?usp=sharing
(https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMcUM2ejJYSk51ekE/view?usp=sharing)

*This will add a very small gauge to the panel that checks the alternator status and switches them on if required.

StormILM
April 19th, 2015, 21:14
Bjoern, not sure if your fix was supposed to cure the alternator tripping offline or not but the problem still persists for me after adding your fix. I found a way to fix the issue by cycling the external power switch next to the two battery switches. When I cycled that switch, much of the power lost(which affected some but not all systems) came back on. I also left the external power switch on and no further problems occurred with power failures.

Bjoern
April 20th, 2015, 09:44
I've got a small gauge running that monitors the state of the alternators. Just loaded FSX and the 134 without doing anything else before and the fix still works.

Here's the monitoring gauge. Download, unzip and put the folder into the 134's "panel" folder, then make a backup of the current panel.cfg and replace a subpanel window's entry with the one for the gauge.

[Windowxx]
background_color=0,0,0
position=8
size_mm=300,300 //XML DEBUGGER
visible=0

gauge00=LVarTest!LVars, 2,2,108,56

Load the Tu-134 and open the small window. The first value is the state of the alternators, which should read "1" after loading, while the number below is the current battery charge (in volts). It should remain constant at 28 volts after switching off the APU.

Are you using the FSX port or the original FS9 release?

The port seems to have some internal changes. The .mdl file is newer (Feb. 2014 vs April 2014) and some gauge files are newer. But as far as I can see, there were no modifications to the electrical system, so I assume that it hasn't changed. Also, the changed .mdl file must have been a fix for the "click any lever and be rewarded with 100% throttle" bug from the original release.

My next step is trying to fix the autothrottle system. It's useful that most of the stuff is written in XML and that a good part of the variables are in english.

Can anyone enlighten me regarding the environmental control system?
The flight attendant was constantly nagging me about the cabin being to cold or too hot on my test flight yesterday (I took a look at the triggers for the voice samples to find that out).
Is it okay to just engage the engine bleeds and set the temperature controls to "AUTOMAT"?
Judging from the file date of the gauges, the fix for the ventilation system must already be present, so I really must be doing something wrong.

Also, I've found a small visual glitch. The landing lights can't be retracted. True for anyone else?

Bjoern
April 20th, 2015, 10:51
Sorry for the spam, but I want to keep developer babble and pilot babble separated. *Ahem*

I took the thunderbird for a practice flight last night after having fixed the electrical stuff. Just a short hop from EDDB to EDAH.
Thanks to Tushka's checklist, there are no problems with starting the bird up anymore (I had to do it so bloody often by now that I can basically get the engines running in my sleep) and it taxies and takes off just like any other plane. The only weird thing about it is the metric speed and VSI indicator. For the former, just sticking to the numbers from the flight planning document helps while multiplying the latters indication by 200 gives a rough equivalejnt value in FPM. The altimeter is a no-brainer as you have one in meters and one in feet right on the dashboard.

http://i.imgur.com/Y3dgN6wm.png (http://i.imgur.com/Y3dgN6w.png)

You can hand-fly this bird really well as it's stable and responsive. Like the rest of the plane, the autopilot isn't really much different from what you can find in a typical western plane of that time. It only has a few more buttons to control it. As I hadn't read up on NAS-1 yet, I stuck to attitude hold, VOR hold and autoland modes yesterday.
Basically, once you engage the AP in attitude hold, it will kill any bank angle and hold the current pitch (or vertical speed?). You can then modify the initial(!) pitch angle with the wheel on the right of the AP. So if your initital angle is 5 degrees and you want to increase or decrease it for speed management purposes, you turn the wheel up or down. At your target altitude, you can punch the ALT Hold button and it will do exactly as advertised. Turns are done with the bank controller on the top of the AP. If you dial in a valid VOR, you can use the AP's "VOR/ILS" mode to make the AP go there.

That was how I navigated myself across nothern Germany until arriving at EDAH. With VOR navigation successfully completed, I wanted to test the autoland capability of the AP. Went into the pattern at EDAH with the AP in attitude hold mode and tuned in its Localizer. Set the appropriate course on the NAV1 radio (navigator's compartment) AND the HSI (!) and engaged ILS mode on the AP. There's another control panel on the middle dashboard by the way, with which you can switch between RSBN/VOR1/VOR2 mode, ILS/SP-50 and Cruise/Landing mode. The selection also influences the autopilot (I think).
Anyway, despite not having working ILS needles on the attitude indicator (bug?), I managed to get a localizer capture for the AP, but no glideslope guidance. Suspecting a bug, I rode the GS manually and initiated a go-around at decision height to have another go.
Before attempting another try, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I wasn't getting the ADI needles. Lots of googling and Google Translate sessions later, I set up all the relevant avionics again. Learned the functionality of the dashboard control panel that way, but I only found out by accident how to make the needles on the ADI work. Turns out that you need to press the "SVK Test" button, which somehow to centers the ADI needles and then you'll get a correct deviation indication.
I still had no luck regarding the glideslope though. Regardless of that, I went in for a full stop landing, which worked really well. The 2.3km of Heringsdorf's runway are sufficient even for a rather heavy Tu-134.

After shutting down, I investigated the glideslope issue. Turns out that Heringsdorf only has a localizer without a glideslope. Meh.

Here's a screenie from attempt number one. The two top switches of the avionics control panel (top left of the com radio) are in the wrong position.
http://i.imgur.com/gs0JfSjm.png (http://i.imgur.com/gs0JfSj.png)

I also read up on the navigation with the NAS-1 system. Turns out that it's not really much more than heading hold. As far as I understood it, the navigator basically just sets an ideal heading towards the next navigation point and the system, with the help of the doppler radar, automatically determines the current deviation from that ideal heading (due to wind or similar) and makes the autopilot steer the plane back onto the ideal track. When a waypoint is reached, the navigator dials in the heading to the next ideal waypoint (accounting for turn time) and the game begins anew. Distance between waypoints is measured by a simple counter, which is switched on at a specific location and uses the doppler radar to determine ground speed and thus the distance covered so far. Coupled with a clock for backup, the navigator can then exactly time the turns.
It sounds really cool and I want to give it a try later on. In case of doubt, I still have the GPS for backup.

The RSBN-based part of the navigation system also sounds really cool (and seems to be more precise and capable than ILS), but the stations in east Germany are all assigned to military airfields and thus not of much use to me. I think I'll stick to modern navaids for most of the time.

Success, motivation and tolerance for monologuous forum spam permitting, I might turn the next flight into a bit of a tutorial flight. It will be something akin to this, but I hope that I can at least get a successful NAS-1 navigation and a full autoland in. Maybe even autothrottle if I can get it fixed.

P.S:
I've expanded the checklist document to include a few explanations for NAS-1. These were taken from the thread about it in the ProTu forums and changed to be as brief as possible while matching it to the english manual for the v2.0 panel.
See here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g/edit?pli=1#heading=h.78r98xqwacf1

P.P.S:
Found out what two of the "mystery switches" do!
"AT-200U" on the circuit breaker board controls power supply to the two backup HSIs! It's shown on the left console on the 2D panels.

SeanTK
April 20th, 2015, 14:01
I think I can speak for at least a few people here in expressing my appreciation for the thorough documentation and further tweaks you are doing to this aircraft. I'm going to try out this aircraft later in the week/weekend, and it seems like the factors you are addressing are satisfying my worry over having the "bug or idiotic user" debate when learning this aircraft. I also suspect that there is enough system logic commonality with the Tu-144 and 154 that doing the transition won't be as painful, despite the lack of learning resources.

Bjoern
April 21st, 2015, 10:15
Thanks, Sean!

I've amended my modpack with the following features:
- Updated camera views
- A fix for the autothrottle to make it work again
- A load/save module that enables persistence for 90% of the cockpit functions

Also, I kind of figured out how to use the Environmental Control Panel. Proper handling of the cabin temperature makes the otherwise annoying flight attendant stay quiet. I've added a chapter on it to my documentation.
Additionally, I've documented the differences between the VC and 2D panel. It would be great if someone could help out as all I had to work with for labeling the switches are variable names.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g/edit

No second test flight yet, but I can confirm that the NAS-1 navigation works. The autopilot did as the navigator told it to do.

Sean or anyone, if you want to give the guys at the ProTu or Avsim.su forums a heads-up about my work, feel free to. I'm still waiting for my PT forum account (admin unlocking) and don't want to crash the russian party at Avsim.su using the language of evil imperialism.

Bjoern
April 21st, 2015, 16:28
- Added the NAS-1 control gauge, Map Angle gauge and Distance Indicator to the "Helpers" panel window, so you won't have to leave the pilot's seat to initiate turns when flying on NAS-1.
- Edited the .air file a bit. The engines tend to be a bit too sluggish for my taste (yes, I know they're old turbofans), especially during startup.

See the updated master document here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g

I also just noticed that there's some documentation on the real ECS system of the 134 delivered with the portover. Google Translate provided a quick translation and the result is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMYVVQR3g1OUdVZms/view?pli=1

The ice was too pretty to look at (couldn't get rid of it as well *ahem*). I also love the ever so subtle scratches on the windows.

http://i.imgur.com/4v8BgxK.png

Things that the Tu-154 does not have: Front row seats.

http://i.imgur.com/sAZuhyY.png

I think I have crush on this bird...it's like an early DC-9, but in Interflug colors. I'm not even missing that it's not FSX native!

P.S:
Some (most?) paints for v1.2 have a small texture glitch on the radome (see takeoff shot three posts up) when loaded onto the v2.0 model. I might provide a DIY fix for that later.

vonstroheim
April 21st, 2015, 17:40
Looks like Bjoern covered pretty much all there is to know about this FSX port SCS Tu-134A-3! Thanks. Here's some screenshots.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/201296tu2.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/334912tu1.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/226989tu6.jpg

Scenery: Strasbourg-Entzheim LFST v1.1 by Jacques-Paul Bollard (avsim) with Tu-134 markings on appron!
Repaints: Transaero Express RA-65830 by Sergey Gleba & VVS Red 17 by Vlad Rusakov (avsimrus)

vonstroheim
April 21st, 2015, 17:44
Payware quality at freeware price! Cockpit and cabin as nice as Captain Sim's!

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/638333tu3.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/762852tu4.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/306502tu5.jpg

Bjoern
April 21st, 2015, 18:43
And much framerate friendlier to boot!

Great news everyone, I've managed to fix the landing light retraction!
And included instructions on how to make older paints compatible. It's a 10 minute job at worst.

Download link for the mods is, as usual, here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g

The one or two lost souls who might have installed the load/save module today should read the readme again, especially the part about editing ts_sys.xml near the end of the file.

With this update I've implemented and documented all the things that I deemed necessary so far. You can expect at best minor documentation changes in the future.

Bjoern
April 21st, 2015, 19:23
Heheeheheheheee...

http://i.imgur.com/RsMu6c5.png

"Does not look like Wroclaw, Krzysztof!"
- "Is Finland?"
"Tak, is Finland."

P.S: If you're keen on editing paints, fill the alpha channels of the fuselage with #F1F1F1 (RGB 241,241,241). Heiko Flöthers Interflug paint (on Avsim.com) uses this and it makes the fuselage superbly reflective. Not too little, not too much, just right! It's in fact so good that I've modified all the repaints I've installed for this bird!

SeanTK
April 21st, 2015, 20:28
Bjoern,

This is so impressive. The research you've done and the documentation you've provided is outstanding, and I'm anxious to find the time to finally dive into this one and enjoy mastering yet another old Soviet jet. Being able to leverage specific aircraft experts here is extremely valuable (and at this point, you are THE Tu-134 expert in the community as far as I'm concerned), and in that regard, the actions you've completed will go a long way towards introducing a much wider audience to these strange and unfamiliar "eastern bloc" types - hopefully leading to hours of enjoyment.

By the beginning of next week I can hopefully become proficient with this aircraft, and maybe suggest further improvements (or provide operational guidance from leveraging some Tu-144/154 familiarity).

Again, I'm looking forward to adding this one to my collection, purely due to your efforts at documenting and refining this addon.

Dutcheeseblend
April 22nd, 2015, 02:41
Thanks Bjoern for putting your effort in this. Your portover definitely finds its way to my PC.

Great bird (Russian, eh), free (!), about the best quality (esp. for freeware).

Bjoern
April 22nd, 2015, 10:11
Tanks, guys! It's not my portover, but the work of SCS and the russian guy(s) who modded it for FSX. All I did was add a wee bit more stuff. ;)

By the way: Google Docs allows saving and downloading documents as .pdf files as well as printing them - handy if you don't want to have your brwoser open or save all the information locally.

P.P.S:
It also funny how much less character the radar-nosed version of the 134 has.

Rallymodeller
April 22nd, 2015, 11:08
P.P.S:
It also funny how much less character the radar-nosed version of the 134 has.

I dunno. It has kind of a racy look to it.

I have the Ariane Tu-134. The SCS one is better, IMO.

vonstroheim
April 23rd, 2015, 14:35
...It has kind of a racy look to it...

I agree...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/315966koryo.jpg

The Tu-134UB-L is a bit on the weird side, though...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/414245RussianAirForceTupolevTu134UBLKrivchikov1.jp g

Tupolev glued a Tu-22M nose on a regular Tu-134 to make a cheap bomber trainer... Clever, but not for everybody's taste...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/145232RussianAirForceTupolevTu22M3Beltyukov.jpg

Photo credits: Bernie Leighton (http://www.airlinereporter.com/2013/06/flying-on-an-air-koryo-tupolev-tu-134-in-north-korea/), Sergey Krivchikov, Alex Beltyukov

Bjoern
April 23rd, 2015, 17:34
I just wanted to try a short navigation practice flight from EDAH to EDDP, but ran into another (known) variety of an electrical system bug. At the top of descent. Dead in the water. Probably because I ran into a bug with the hydraulic systems before (no braking) and had to reload the plane. *Grr*

If you do the refill procedure for the hydraulic system for the brakes (switches OH11 and OH12), wait until the left system is completely filled before filling the right one.

As for the electric system, there's an alleged fix (which I have not tried yet) on Avsim.su.
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-paneli-samoletov-41/rap-115-v-scs-tu-134-a-55642.html

Doing some reading up in the thread on the portover in the russian forums at the moment and lots of users ran into the same bugs and seem to be just as inept on starting this bird as we are. :D

I've also updated the manual in the NAS-1 section with a small tutorial on how to obtain headings and distances for the system (via NCalc).
Also, I've written down the fixes for the annoying fuel pump and GPWS sounds.

And here's a tip for ILS approaches:
To unlock the indicator bars on the ADI, press the "SVK System Test" (TEST CBK; LO2) button on the lower overhead.

- Edit:

Just read a tip on the release thread about a mysterious button on the electric panel...and guess what it does!?
MY POWER IS BACK! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! FRIGGIDY FRAK YEAH!

I've immediately put this hint the master document (also added a ToC).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g/edit#

Tupolev glued a Tu-22M nose on a regular Tu-134 to make a cheap bomber trainer... Clever, but not for everybody's taste...

I think the USAF used a Convair T-29 with a Starfighter nose to train crews on using its radar.

Bjoern
April 23rd, 2015, 19:34
You just know the learning curve is worth it when you can just kick back and take in this view:

http://i.imgur.com/QnkxAbe.png

http://i.imgur.com/9GYdLyp.png

This thing is as hard to touch down as a 727 though.

http://i.imgur.com/6sVsOET.png

P.S:
I've amended my documentation with a section on autolands.

ce_zeta
April 24th, 2015, 03:52
Great News!!! :jump::very_drunk: THx Bjoern.:encouragement:

Finally this piece of art receive well deserved attention outside the iron curtain!

I recommend learn the Russian aeronautical philosophy with the SD Yak-40. Supronov wrote the best russian manual. Later move to the PTu-154B2 for learn the Doppler Navigation system (NVU-B3). Finally, only due to the lack of proper documentation learn this bird.

I hope that with Bjoern iniciative, we can solve the problem of the lack of documentation and "return" to the original Aeroflot scheme. Yak-40->Tu-134->Tu-154-> Long range airliner->Tu144D.

P.S. Remember that in this forum Vl82m collected some documentation. Here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?86929-Flying-Supersonic-Tu-144-Charger-v3-5&p=909078&viewfull=1#post909078).

Need to study the english manual for the 134 (which I hope is not too outdated).
https://yadi.sk/i/SWeVYMzBdo3ie
I suppose that is Uudated. Vlad wrote this manual a few months ago because he saw here and in other forums expectation from non russian simmers.

Bjoern
April 24th, 2015, 04:45
Read my documentation, a WL82's documents are all linked or referred to in there (except for the video). ;)

ce_zeta
April 24th, 2015, 05:41
Read my documentation, a WL82's documents are all linked or referred to in there (except for the video). ;)
In the link provided, Vlad share with us pdfs from a old Tu-134 addon not listed in the Google Document.
Maybe these documents are useful for any user.

Adonis
April 24th, 2015, 06:20
I'm in a process to write up htm checklist and reference for this plane (both the FS9 v2.0 and FSX one). I have fixed the bad wording of the original reference text one, and added tables where needed. I also added the pressure conversion script to the ref one that one of the Russians did for the Tu-154M originally (since these old Russian birds use QFE below the airport transition to QNH (usually 900 meters) both in take off and landing). I'll post them here when I'm done with them ;)

ce_zeta
April 24th, 2015, 09:19
Thank you very much Adonis!:encouragement:

Adonis
April 24th, 2015, 09:32
Bjoern, your latest sets of fixes broke the gyros for me completely, they're now stuck in showing north. :(

Bjoern
April 25th, 2015, 10:13
Bjoern, your latest sets of fixes broke the gyros for me completely, they're now stuck in showing north. :(

Didn't touch the gyros at all.

Load/save module installed?

Adonis
April 25th, 2015, 11:33
Didn't touch the gyros at all.

Load/save module installed?
That's the only part of your additions I didn't install with the 0_keycontrol.xml which I removed after the first load, no need for it personally for me.
Apparently the gyro problem kinda fixed itself, just don't know how exactly :banghead:
Might have something to do with those two usable switches on the CB over the APU control (all tho there are actually 3, the third one is the first bottom-most left one, but it's flipped on all the time). Or the problem was elsewhere.

One thing tho that you could look into: on your helper panel the 3 navigator gauges get behind the temperature status one.

Bjoern
April 25th, 2015, 11:45
That's the only part of your additions I didn't install with the 0_keycontrol.xml which I removed after the first load, no need for it personally for me.

Keycontrol shouldn't be in there...oops.

Might have something to do with those two usable switches on the CB over the APU control (all tho there are actually 3, the third one is the first bottom-most left one, but it's flipped on all the time). Or the problem was elsewhere.

My documentation says that these switches are for the backup ADIs.

One thing tho that you could look into: on your helper panel the 3 navigator gauges get behind the temperature status one.

Add this below the "background_color=" line for [Window05]:
draw_order00=gauge04,gauge03,gauge02,gauge01

Adonis
April 26th, 2015, 04:53
Add this below the "background_color=" line for [Window05]:
draw_order00=gauge04,gauge03,gauge02,gauge01

Gotcha :) One other gauge you should really add there is the wind correction one.

Adonis
April 26th, 2015, 08:33
A few extra additions on my part, so the plane gets closer to the original FS9 one (mind you my non-unicode language is set to russian so I can see the Russian characters in both FSX and FS9):

Under [weight_and_balance]
max_number_of_stations = 7 (in the FS9 one's it is set to 50, tho there are a total of only 7)

station_load.0= "176.000, 54.95, 0.000, 0.000, ШТУРМАН"
station_load.1= "530.000, 48.79, 0.000, 0.000, ЭКИПАЖ"
station_load.2= "12566.000, 5.91, 0.000, 0.000, 76 ПАСС"
station_load.3= "253.532, 34.45, 0.000, 0.000, б/ПР+ПРОД"
station_load.4= "143.400, -21.98, 0.000, 0.000, б/ПР/ЗАД"
station_load.5= "1322.774, 42.01, 0.000, 0.000, ПЕРЕД/БАГ"
station_load.6= "3968.321, -27.72, 0.000, 0.000, ЗАДН/БАГ"

if you want the names in English:

station_load.0= "176.000, 54.95, 0.000, 0.000, Navigator"
station_load.1= "530.000, 48.79, 0.000, 0.000, Pilots"
station_load.2= "12566.000, 5.91, 0.000, 0.000, 76 PAX"
station_load.3= "253.532, 34.45, 0.000, 0.000, Front Steward+Eq"
station_load.4= "143.400, -21.98, 0.000, 0.000, Aft Steward+Eq"
station_load.5= "1322.774, 42.01, 0.000, 0.000, Front Bag"
station_load.6= "3968.321, -27.72, 0.000, 0.000, Aft Bag"

Next, the fuel, the FS9 one has more fuel in the external tanks:
Under [fuel]

External1 = -1.3, -8.3, 0, 1495, 0
External2 = -1.3, 8.3, 0, 1495, 0

Original for the FSX one is:
External1 = -1.5, -8.5, 0, 1297, 0
External2 = -1.5, 8.5, 0, 1297, 0

Flaps setting that are true to the real plane:

[Flaps.0]
type= 1
span-outboard= 0.898
extending-time= 19.700
system_type= 0
damaging-speed= 216.000
blowout-speed= 280.000
lift_scalar= 1.000
drag_scalar= 1.000
pitch_scalar= 1.100
flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000
flaps-position.1= 5.000, 0.000
flaps-position.2= 10.000, 0.000
flaps-position.3= 15.000, 0.000
flaps-position.4= 20.000, 0.000
flaps-position.5= 25.000, 0.000
flaps-position.6= 30.000, 0.000

Bjoern
April 26th, 2015, 10:23
My aircraft.cfg says:

station_load.0 = "680, 43, 0, 0, Crew"
station_load.1 = "0, 0, 0, 0, Passengers"
station_load.2 = "0, 35, 0, 0, Front Baggage"
station_load.3 = "0, -25, 0, 0, Rear Baggage"

I'll use your amended payload stations though.

Fuel and flaps are the same as yours.

Looks like you're using a different release than I do. Mine is the latest for FSX (see documentation for a link).

Bjoern
April 26th, 2015, 11:14
Window05 with wind correction gauge:

size_mm=800,500
window_size_ratio=1.00
position=6
ident=
visible=0
background_color=0,0,0
draw_order00=gauge05,gauge04,gauge03,gauge02,gauge 01

gauge00=Tu134_Mods!stab_sw_mod, 0,0,181,128
gauge01=Tu134_Mods!Temp_Status,0,150,500,167
gauge02=SCS_Tu134!LBU, 0,310,190,190
gauge03=SCS_Tu134!ZUK, 190,310,190,190
gauge04=SCS_Tu134!NI, 380,310,190,190
gauge05=SCS_Tu134!ZW, 570,310,190,190

Adonis
April 26th, 2015, 11:35
Looks like you're using a different release than I do. Mine is the latest for FSX (see documentation for a link).

Same release, I just have two separate panel configs, one with the KLN-90B from the Tu-154B-2 and one without.

The fuel from the FS9 version i listed above should be the correct one.

Thanks for the addition of the Wind correction gauge, it should really be added besides the 3 NAS-1 ones, since it's used all the time.

EDIT: I just seen an update to the FS9 one that has been out a while, one of the differences was:
empty_weight_CG_position = -6.75.000, 0, 0

and the old one was commented out.

Adonis
April 27th, 2015, 02:59
One thing I cannot seem to fix is the brakes not working :/ Any ideas?

Bjoern
April 27th, 2015, 08:37
One thing I cannot seem to fix is the brakes not working :/ Any ideas?

RMFD (read my f'in documentation). It's just a remark in the tips&tricks section, but it's there.

Adonis
April 28th, 2015, 05:30
The reload works. Odd bug really, seems like the switches don't load correctly the first time. There are differences between the first and second load in switch placements.

Bjoern
April 28th, 2015, 06:48
That's really odd.

Adonis
April 28th, 2015, 08:52
Basically, until these two switches are in the lower position on their own accord after a load of the plane (in red) on the overhead, the plane doesn't seem to load correctly, that's my observation on the matter.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-POx86peMWmU/VT-52OwKD4I/AAAAAAAAAgA/Brf-xypM6cU/w895-h439-no/Overhead.jpg

What seems to be missing is that on the FS9 version you have to start the plane in 2D panel mode, otherwise it doesn't load correctly, it seems to be the same here too. I copied the 2D panel stack from the fs9 version into the FSX panel as a test, and as soon as the 2D panels did their preload all worked well!

Bjoern
April 28th, 2015, 18:19
I've altered the startup logic of the 134 for the load/save system so that the engines won't cut out if they're running. I'm having no problems whatsoever, regardless of the position of the fuel cutoff switches.

Just did a test. Started one engine, parking brakes worked. Energized the hydraulic braking system (plus emergency system). Reloaded the plane. Parking brakes and engine still worked.

In other news, I've reimplemented the switch sounds with the help of Doug Dawson's XML sound gauge and 750+ lines of code (lots of copy+paste tho').

The information and download is here, as usual:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g/edit#

Also, if you find the flight attendant to be just too annoying (her voice sample triggers get buggy when you reload the plane often), go into SCS\Tu-134\Config\Soundfiles.ini and comment out (place two slahes in front of each line) or delete all entries relating to the stewardess.

vl82m
April 29th, 2015, 00:41
Hello Bjoern. This Tushka (Author of manual). I can reassure you that my manual is not oudated, well... I wrote it for everyone to learn the old fashioned way in the Soviet Union instead of modern techniques due to the navigation systems and the nostalgic feel.

This manual is just in beta, more is coming. I have sent you a mail on avsim.su about it.

Also I thank you very much for improving the planes performance in FSX. It is very helpfull to all of us. Will test when I come back from work.

If anybody have any questions regarding the aircraft or the manual, feel free to sent me a PM or post in this topic.

vl82m
April 29th, 2015, 00:43
In the link provided, Vlad share with us pdfs from a old Tu-134 addon not listed in the Google Document.
Maybe these documents are useful for any user.

Hello, manual was written for SCS Tu-134 for FS9 which is the original aircraft. It will work perfectly fine for FSX. Only the 2D screenshots of panels need change to 3D ones. If anybody interested I can upload the original word documents as they can be edited and contain some additional information in bad english.

If you mean my very old set of manuals then those were written for Ariane Tu-134 a decade ago. They will not work for SCS because that addon was not complex enough and lack all the vital features.

Bjoern
April 29th, 2015, 10:42
Dobryy den', Vlad.

I've replied to you and yes, let's work together on the manual.

Bjoern
April 29th, 2015, 16:23
Fixed a bug in the sound mod and added the takeoff warning horn and autopilot/autothrottle disconnect warnings.
Redownload and reinstall; overwriting the old files.

Link, blah, blah, yadda, yadda:

vl82m
April 29th, 2015, 21:37
I believe no source files from SCS, but is there a way you could code the autopilot to follow a GPS? The real Tu-134s still in service have them despite their navigators are still using NAS-1 (believe it or not even on complex STAR procedures....). Works in Russia since most SID/STARs are based on NDB stations but not in foreign countries so well.

I just thought it would be useful for some people who wish to not fly the old Soviet way.

vl82m
April 29th, 2015, 23:28
Just for you guys to know what to expect from me:

Adapted ground study manual for flying with VC (3D cockpit). Will also feature descriptions on how to use the air conditioning and navigation systems. This is the manual "Flight Manual Tupolev Tu-134A-3 English version beta" that you can download here: https://yadi.sk/i/8109Hg8ncuw3z

Then there will be a completely new manual that covers an entire tutorial flight step by step from start to shutdown (Bjoern you will know it as "flightmanual as i mentioned in my mail to you). It will cover a strech either from Moscow - Minsk, Leningrad - Tallin, Moscow - Leningrad, or even completely different. Users can vote. Also Im thinking about maybe a second tutorial flight covering a flight either Balkan Bulgarian, LOT, CSA, Malev, Air Koryo covering a flight not using Soviet navigational systems as they wouldnt be available outside the CCCP.

Then the SOP for flying with Aeroflot, the V3 least important manual. This one will be about Aeroflot. It will contain all the necessary briefing and information to make you feel that you're actually in the 80s going to fly a regional Russian flight with Aeroflot. It will contain the old timetables from Aeroflot, all the links to the sceneries, will have all the original flightplans, original charts (RSBN scenery has the old navaids making this possible) along with flying techniques and discipline on flying. It will cover and explain all the "strange" things you might encounter during the route and will effectively warn you on how to deal with them. And do not worry, refugees or drunk passengers will not be simulated :very_drunk:

All these manuals will contain information I wrote, that Bjoern wrote and then some additional info we pick up on the way.

Adonis
April 30th, 2015, 07:07
Bjoern, could you possibly look into the 2D panel load thing? I get the distinct feeling that the lack of it in the FSX version is screwing over things.

BTW, as far as I understand through the in-build Chrome translator, something is supposedly wrong with the VC itself because of the guy who built it supposedly disappeared or something (question is mostly for Tushka). Is this true?

vl82m
April 30th, 2015, 07:12
BTW, as far as I understand through the in-build Chrome translator, something is supposedly wrong with the VC itself because of the guy who built it supposedly disappeared or something (question is mostly for Tushka). Is this true?

Yes, there were big problems and this VC was built years ago. The programmer who designed the VC left the project years ago (and never returned) leaving it in an unfinished state for half a decade making us all believe we would never see anythig more from SCS, yet we did. I do not know how, the team did not explain.

There are bugs with the VC... small ones you wont notice, incorrectly functioning (synchronizing) switches, windows too big with an unusually small yoke in the way. My biggest concern with the VC is the fact that the VOR/ILS needles on the HSI are very hard to see as theyre very small lines. Especially in the dark. However the feel of the VC is 100%. It is small, crampy and feels true to life.

Adonis
April 30th, 2015, 07:22
Yes, there were big problems and this VC was built years ago. The programmer who designed the VC left the project years ago (and never returned) leaving it in an unfinished state for half a decade making us all believe we would never see anythig more from SCS, yet we did. I do not know how, the team did not explain.

There are bugs with the VC... small ones you wont notice, incorrectly functioning (synchronizing) switches, windows too big with an unusually small yoke in the way. My biggest concern with the VC is the fact that the VOR/ILs guidelines on the HSI are very hard to see as theyre very small lines. Especially in the dark. However the feel of the VC is 100%. It is small, crampy and feels true to life.

I see. I am a 3D artist among other things you know, I'm already helping Kirill with the Il-62 VC. If Bjoern (since he did the Tinmouse VC) could help me with the port and animation xml, I could build a new one with proper reference, even expand it to the later models (the B is one I see a lot around too as an example). I'm used to making models which have multiple variations, so it wouldn't be a problem for me. You have examples of my work at nsadonis.deviantart.com to have an idea of my skills.

vl82m
April 30th, 2015, 07:27
I see. I am a 3D artist among other things you know, I'm already helping Kirill with the Il-62 VC. If Bjoern (since he did the Tinmouse VC) could help me with the port and animation xml, I could build a new one with proper reference, even expand it to the later models (the B is one I see a lot around too as an example). I'm used to making models which have multiple variations, so it wouldn't be a problem for me. You have examples of my work at nsadonis.deviantart.com to have an idea of my skills.

Whilst I appreciate that you want to take time to design a new VC, I think it would be more logical to leave the old VC be as there is nothing wrong with it. (Well, it does have oversized windows and yokes blocking instruments in some phases of the flight). Your 3D modelling skills are good, so it would be nice to see a VC for Tu-134B and improved for Tu-134A-3. If it is possible, I say do it. But I do not know if it is because you would need the source files and I guess getting them from SCS would be a hassle.

I think better (in my personal opinion) to place all your efforts on the Il-62. We really need a long-range Russian airliner in PT quality. I hope there are any news regarding that project.

Adonis
April 30th, 2015, 07:33
Whilst I appreciate that you want to take time to design a new VC, I think it would be more logical to leave the old VC be as there is nothing wrong with it. (Well, it does have oversized windows and yokes blocking instruments in some phases of the flight). Your 3D modelling skills are good, so it would be nice to see a VC for Tu-134B and improved for Tu-134A-3. If it is possible, I say do it. But I do not know if it is because you would need the source files and I guess getting them from SCS would be a hassle.

It would be a lot easier to build a new one from scratch than use the existing one and fix it in all honesty. That's a critique I gave Kirill about the Tu-154B-2's FSX VC too (that one is a royal mess in the modeling technical sense), plus that they use a lot of texture sheets (hence a lot of drawcalls in the FS9/FSX engine). I'll let Bjoern too chime in and give his thoughts on the matter since he is fixing up the gauges.

I think better (in my personal opinion) to place all your efforts on the Il-62. We really need a long-range Russian airliner in PT quality. I hope there are any news regarding that project.

I'll be able to get back on it after May 1st, then it's up to Kirill and who else is working on it.

vl82m
April 30th, 2015, 07:42
It would be a lot easier to build a new one from scratch than use the existing one and fix it in all honesty. That's a critique I gave Kirill about the Tu-154B-2's FSX VC too (that one is a royal mess in the modeling technical sense), plus that they use a lot of texture sheets (hence a lot of drawcalls in the FS9/FSX engine). I'll let Bjoern too chime in and give his thoughts on the matter since he is fixing up the gauges.

I'll be able to get back on it after May 1st, then it's up to Kirill and who else is working on it.

Yup, I understand. I am sure nobody will complain if we get new VCs for Tu-134 and Il-62. Especially as it would be an FSX-native model. I can guess it is not easy to remove a VC from a complex plane and then build a new 3D cockpit from scratch (and make it fully compatible with SCS or PT if the Il-62).

I wish you all good luck with the project whatever happens, and hope to hear good news soon )))))

Bjoern
April 30th, 2015, 08:00
I believe no source files from SCS, but is there a way you could code the autopilot to follow a GPS?

I will not touch the AP code itself, but I could try to do a GPS-Driven gauge that automatically sets the Map Angle to the next waypoint.

Bjoern, could you possibly look into the 2D panel load thing? I get the distinct feeling that the lack of it in the FSX version is screwing over things.

First, try a reinstall and use the version I am using!

If Bjoern (since he did the Tinmouse VC) could help me with the port and animation xml, I could build a new one with proper reference, even expand it to the later models (the B is one I see a lot around too as an example).

Umm...you do realize that you'd need to remodel, retexture an reanimate the ENTIRE thing inside and out, right?

The fastest course of action would be finding someone from SCS and asking for the model source files.

Adonis
April 30th, 2015, 09:59
First, try a reinstall and use the version I am using!

I am, minus the latest batch of updates you did since the start.

Umm...you do realize that you'd need to remodel, retexture an reanimate the ENTIRE thing inside and out, right?

The fastest course of action would be finding someone from SCS and asking for the model source files.

Actually no, it would be faster to build a new one from scratch than fix the current VC (trust me on this :P ).

Bjoern
April 30th, 2015, 10:35
Fixed two more bugs in the switch sound system.

Download (page 4):

Replace "panel\SCS_TU134" and "panel\Tu134_Mods" with the folders from the download.

I am, minus the latest batch of updates you did since the start.

And the brakes still don't work? Do you actually do your startups according to the manual?

Actually no, it would be faster to build a new one from scratch than fix the current VC (trust me on this :P ).

I'll trust you when I see it (modeled, textured and keyframe-animated!). :)

Adonis
April 30th, 2015, 11:01
And the brakes still don't work? Do you actually do your startups according to the manual?

EDIT: I have the Cessna172SP cold and dark except for the avionics as default flight,
If I load the Tu-134 and then load the flight and reload the plane, everything works
If I load the 172, and load the Tu-134 twice in a row, everything works
If I don't do the second load, the brakes don't work no matter what I do, and the pressurization system acts up.
In the first two instances the two engine switches in the overhead stay off, in the third it doesn't.

I'll trust you when I see it (modeled, textured and keyframe-animated!). :)

The better the reference I get (including orthos), the faster I can do it :P

Adonis
April 30th, 2015, 16:59
Error with the latest, I get it for multiple sound files not just this one:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-e-u1RJzljNQ/VULPSU7VQtI/AAAAAAAAAgs/0Dg-AAMQKrY/w499-h231-no/Tu-143_error.jpg

EDIT: After your last update, everything works fine on first load of the plane (mind you I don't use the load/save gauge out of personal preference).

vl82m
May 1st, 2015, 00:02
I will not touch the AP code itself, but I could try to do a GPS-Driven gauge that automatically sets the Map Angle to the next waypoint.

What I would recommend you to use is the I-21 available for the Tu-154. Very few Tu-134s had it and its still an more interesting navigation system than GPS as it's an easy to use INS. But it's all up to your decision.

Even better would be a virtual navigator automatically handling the NAS-1 system setting all the courses, corrections, maybe even handling RSBN. But such a thing would be very hard to code.

I also do not think it is possible to flawlessly build a new 3D model for the Tu-134. Some guys tried it, one was semi-successfull until SCS out of the blue suddenly released their own VC.

vl82m
May 1st, 2015, 02:37
IMPORTANT: Everybody please download this version instead: https://yadi.sk/d/oqPwe4_1bW9Xu

It is newer, solved bugs, and has more panels! Then apply Bjoerns tweak on top!

Bjoern
May 1st, 2015, 06:33
(mind you I don't use the load/save gauge out of personal preference).

That's okay, I find it not really perfect either.

I'm thinking about swapping the load/save gauge for one that only saves the airplane's state when you actually save a flight, so you'll only have the plane fully configured when you actually need it to.

What I would recommend you to use is the I-21 available for the Tu-154. Very few Tu-134s had it and its still an more interesting navigation system than GPS as it's an easy to use INS. But it's all up to your decision.

Even better would be a virtual navigator automatically handling the NAS-1 system setting all the courses, corrections, maybe even handling RSBN. But such a thing would be very hard to code.

I've tried a simple gauge that automatically sets the Map Angle to the next GPS waypoint. It didn't work out like intended.
There is no simple solution for this as far as I can see and I don't want to recode the entire autopilot logic.

One thing that's definitely doable, however, is a warning sound that rings whenever you're, say, 5 or 10 km away from a waypoint. That way, you have enough time to pull up the Map Angle gauge and prepare for the next turn. The AP+ANK mode is nothing but a glorified "heading hold" anyway. All it aditionally does is compensating for course deviation during turns and wind.

Another thing that I'm definitely going to look into is making the autopilot logic pause-sensitive (this is not as difficult as implementing GPS-hold). At the moment, the autopilot continues running despite the simulator being in "Paused" mode. This can be deadly during autolandings because the target values for the AP will have deviated once you've unpaused the simulator.

IMPORTANT: Everybody please download this version instead: https://yadi.sk/d/oqPwe4_1bW9Xu

It is newer, solved bugs, and has more panels! Then apply Bjoerns tweak on top!

That's the version I've always linked to...

Adonis
May 1st, 2015, 07:05
Bjoern, I think it would be a good idea to place a copy of the stabilizer indicator next to the tab that's missing in the VC, it would make life easier because now from the Captains side it's masked by the gear handle.

Tushka: I use that particular one too as well.

Bjoern
May 2nd, 2015, 10:09
Bjoern, I think it would be a good idea to place a copy of the stabilizer indicator next to the tab that's missing in the VC, it would make life easier because now from the Captains side it's masked by the gear handle.

I can see the indicator from the pilot's seat. But I'll think about it.

Adonis
May 2nd, 2015, 12:14
I can see the indicator from the pilot's seat. But I'll think about it.

It would make things easier and faster to have it there too ;)

Bjoern
May 2nd, 2015, 12:21
It would make things easier and faster to have it there too ;)

Or you could just turn your head and look at the indicator, ya lazy git. ;P

Adonis
May 2nd, 2015, 12:54
Or you could just turn your head and look at the indicator, ya lazy git. ;P

Haha :a1310:

Bjoern
May 3rd, 2015, 21:05
Guess what, I finally stumbled upon the reason why some people have brake problems (not that I intentionally looked for it). And it's FSX' fault, so how about that...
The current update has a workaround for it. It ain't pretty, but it at least works RELIABLY.

Also, I've split the part on the mods from the rest of the documentation and moved it into a separate document. I still expect anyone to read both if he/she doesn't want to spend the next 20 years digging oil wells in Siberia with their bare hands.

The takeoff warning horn logic has been fixed as well.
There's now a (toggleable) alert whenever you're near a waypoint of a GPS-internal flightplan. You'll still have to do the rest of the navigation and handling, but at least you will now be notified if there's a turn coming up and you need to set a new Map Angle.
I've switched the Load/Save module from XMLConfig to Logger. Depending on FSX configuration (FSXMS/FSXSE standalone or side-by-side), installation is just as easy or 200% more difficult, but the reward is a vastly more reliable system. Instead of having a single, persistent configuration for the aircraft, you can now have two (from a saved game and default, i.e. cold&dark). Reading the documentation on it is required!

Link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B-GNQdZwDj-N7mhsr9FvDklksX94BhsZ1cCEgfZ6G7Q/edit#

If you want to upgrade from the old Load/Save system, simply remove all lines related to DSD_XMLConfig from the panel.cfg and delete the associated files, then install the new one.

P.S: No 2D trim indicator. At 1680x1050, with WideViewAspect and at 0.60 zoom, the needle and scale be seen from the pilot's seat when turning the head into its direction. If not, there's always the FO seat.

StormILM
May 3rd, 2015, 22:29
Bjoern, your link gives me this when I try to access it: "You need permission"

vl82m
May 3rd, 2015, 23:57
Could anyone please provide VC screenshots of Captains main panel, middle panel, copilot panel, autopilot, APU panel, electrical panel, navigator panel and cabin/temperature pressurization panel?

I'm rewriting manual right now and would need these screenshots for illustrations. Unfortunately I can't take them myself due I'm at work.

Bjoern
May 4th, 2015, 05:14
Posted the wrong link yesterday and subsequently got some e-mail spam ("Request for access")...

This should be the right one:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B-GNQdZwDj-N7mhsr9FvDklksX94BhsZ1cCEgfZ6G7Q/edit?usp=sharing

Bjoern
May 4th, 2015, 06:29
Yo Vlad, check your messages on Avsim.su for some cockpit screenshots.

vl82m
May 4th, 2015, 07:23
I have, thanks for the screenshots. Now all I need to do is correctly number every switch and gauge, and label them. The old document has all the labels and there is not any mayor differences from the 2D. Also with pressurization chapter now complete (apart from bad language), the only thing left is now navigation.

How many people in here does actually know how to use NAS-1 or RSBN navigation?

Adonis
May 4th, 2015, 09:50
I have, thanks for the screenshots. Now all I need to do is correctly number every switch and gauge, and label them. The old document has all the labels and there is not any mayor differences from the 2D. Also with pressurization chapter now complete (apart from bad language), the only thing left is now navigation.

Write about both, moreover, what sections in an NCalc route correspond to which setting.

Bjoern
May 4th, 2015, 14:11

NAS-1 is essential, but I guess that VOR and NDB ist the more popular navigation method, so you don't need to cover it right now.

Adonis
May 4th, 2015, 15:36
Well, the last update worked nice for me, this one broke the temperature control, if I add thrust and/or turn on the bleeds of the engine it goes bananas again with raising/lowering the temps, in the previous one it worked just fine. Whatever you did in the previous build concerning loading the plane cold&dark correct, this one broke it Bjoern.

Rallymodeller
May 4th, 2015, 23:01
Two minor irritations:

1. I get this random clicking. The "ZZ_Selector2" seems to be playing randomly. Wouldn't be so bad if it was regular but it's irregular and OFTEN.

2. The Load/Save module is causing a stutter in my system. Every three seconds the sim pauses very briefly and if I am on an outside view it resets slightly as well -- it's a bit disconcerting.

Other than that, loving it.

Bjoern
May 5th, 2015, 12:00
Well, the last update worked nice for me, this one broke the temperature control, if I add thrust and/or turn on the bleeds of the engine it goes bananas again with raising/lowering the temps, in the previous one it worked just fine. Whatever you did in the previous build concerning loading the plane cold&dark correct, this one broke it Bjoern.

I didn't do anything to the ECS.

If you're cranking open the bleeds and expect the temps to stay where they are, it's a classic ID10T error. Handle the bleeds DELICATELY.

Two minor irritations:

1. I get this random clicking. The "ZZ_Selector2" seems to be playing randomly. Wouldn't be so bad if it was regular but it's irregular and OFTEN.

2. The Load/Save module is causing a stutter in my system. Every three seconds the sim pauses very briefly and if I am on an outside view it resets slightly as well -- it's a bit disconcerting.

Other than that, loving it.

You're not using the latest version of the modifications.

Rallymodeller
May 5th, 2015, 12:24
You're not using the latest version of the modifications.

Gotcha. Hard to keep up with how fast you're doing this...

Rallymodeller
May 5th, 2015, 13:25
Thought I'd contribute something as well -- think of it as alternate VC textures, and as a work in progress.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22581&stc=1

Adonis
May 5th, 2015, 14:42
I didn't do anything to the ECS.

If you're cranking open the bleeds and expect the temps to stay where they are, it's a classic ID10T error. Handle the bleeds DELICATELY.

That wasn't what I said was going on, reread what I wrote carefully.

Bjoern
May 5th, 2015, 19:36
Restored the sounds for the hydraulic pumps and avionics. And added some ill fitting, but "better than nothing" windshield wiper sounds.

If you're staying in the update loop: Affected files and folders are Tu134_XML_sound.ini, Tu134_Mods and SCS\Tu-134\Sound.

Link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B-GNQdZwDj-N7mhsr9FvDklksX94BhsZ1cCEgfZ6G7Q/edit#

Gotcha. Hard to keep up with how fast you're doing this...

The to-do list is getting shorter, if that's any consolation.

That wasn't what I said was going on, reread what I wrote carefully.

a) Again: I did not touch the ECS system.
b) The Load/Save-Stuff only loads and saves what is set on the dials and switches. If you think you have a screwed save, start over.
c) Keep the f'in bleeds closed on high RPMs and bring the temperature controls out of "auto".
d) The system seems to be buggy. It's written in C++ and compiled as a .dll, so I can not do anything about this at all.

vl82m
May 6th, 2015, 00:38
I was also thinking about VC textures, they are low resolution for FSX,and most text is unreadable. I will visit a real Tu-134 and if needed can take some photos of the flight deck for photorealistic textures.

In the meantime I am thankful to Bjoern for continuing his efforts on improving the SCS Tu-134. ARK, DISS, no difference what switches on the avionics sound... as I mentioned on the real airplane there is countless of different sounds for Tu-134 for each and every system, which would be very hard to implement (not to mention almost impossible to find clean soundfiles even if you are actually in the aircraft recording each and every flip)) :(

vl82m
May 6th, 2015, 10:50
Alternate sounds Tu-134: http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-zvuki-38/zvuki-dlya-scs-tu-134-reliz-55574.html?action=comments&hl=tu-134

This returns the engine to as loud and noisy as they really once were... Brings back memories.

Then here is fix for groundpower, so you dont have to waste fuel on apu: http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-paneli-samoletov-41/rap-115-v-scs-tu-134-a-55643.html

Adonis
May 6th, 2015, 12:12
Then here is fix for groundpower, so you dont have to waste fuel on apu: http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-paneli-samoletov-41/rap-115-v-scs-tu-134-a-55643.html
I think that one's already included mate.

a) Again: I did not touch the ECS system.
b) The Load/Save-Stuff only loads and saves what is set on the dials and switches. If you think you have a screwed save, start over.
c) Keep the f'in bleeds closed on high RPMs and bring the temperature controls out of "auto".
d) The system seems to be buggy. It's written in C++ and compiled as a .dll, so I can not do anything about this at all.

a) I know you didn't directly
b) I'll try by ripping it out and seeing what happens then
c) exactly what i do. It always either shoots up or down rapidly in temperature depending on what my last command on the matter is (up or down, auto just keeps the last)
d) noted

My own addition: It worked before those additions correctly. The problem is the initial load, not the ecs system itself. The engine fuel valves on the overhead where in the up position again and wasn't previously.

The bolding is to get your attention on what is important.

vl82m
May 6th, 2015, 23:57
Hello Bjoern,

Last night me and Adonis performed several tests on the SCS Tu-134 lasting a little over 2 hours. As a conclusion we did find a very big bug regarding the state the airplane loads in.

Basically, Russian designed aircraft for MSFS needs to be loaded in a certain panel state to initialize correctly. And in the present version, the aircraft does not load correctly when you first load the aircraft. And the problem is rather simple. If the aircraft does not load correctly then there is several vital systems that will not function properly such as electrics, hydraulics (brake), and ventilation system.

You can identify the initialization failure by observing on the overhead panel that the fuel valves are in the "up" position, when they are supposed to be down. This in the real aircraft is not possible and indicates that the aircraft has failed to load as it should. Of course, you can ignore the fuel valves being in the wrong position but if switches all over the place, once again, the airplane has not loaded correctly and more bugs will appear in the long run.

The cause:

What's more interesting to note, is the fact that the incorrect initialization of the aircraft is dependant on "Tu134_XML_sound.ini". An earlier version of Tu134_XML_sound.ini with less sounds than the latest version of the file, actually loads the aircraft just fine. This is very strange for us and it made us scratch our heads. Probably one or several of the sounds might be blocking the incorrect initialization of the plane, or similar.

Basically, this sound ini loads airplane correctly: https://yadi.sk/i/wPeDGGNDgUX6i

And this sound ini breaks the correct initialization of the airplane (it is your latest version, i just renamed it as my cloud cant host two files of the same name): https://yadi.sk/i/0B_ZkTU6gUXRK

I hope you will look into this issue, as if this fault is solved, I believe many of our troubles will be over. Also since Soviet aircraft for MSFS is very complex, it would be better to not mess with the code programming load/save gauges. The code for these airplanes were designed to be left as it is and breaks easily if you implement such gauges. The unstable code is the reason why nobody before has implemented such utilities or even third party GPS bundled to the autopilot... It is risky, and could end up breaking the aircraft.

Apart from the strange issue with sounds causing incorrect initialization, it would be good if you found a way to return the 2D panels from the FS9 version to the FSX. It is not very difficult and you have the panel.cfg as reference. All the necessary files you have on the following file: https://yadi.sk/d/Ou764UCIcNiUf

The mayor reason why the 2D panels should be reimplemented is very important. Simply, there is a lot of gauges and switches from 2D not available in 3D, and now the most important reason: Complex Russian aircraft designed for MSFS always must load first in 2D panels (never from the VC!) in order to correctly setup and initialize all the panels! If you load from VC, some systems will not correctly initialize, and thus we have bugs!

Why the original team porting the SCS Tu-134 from FS9 to FSX did not include the vital 2D panels I do not know. I guess it was just out of pure lazyness, or as discussed with Adonis, some people do not think 2D panels are important forgetting they are needed to load the plane correctly.

I hope my explanations were clear, and if you have skype, I would be more than happy to show you video sharing of my screen to describe exactly what kind of issues we have. It's very simple ones, nothing mayor fortunately.

P.S, this is not a demand, but a request. I can understand it might be a bit daunting to solve all these issues so take your time... At least, I know it would be difficult for me.

Adonis
May 7th, 2015, 01:10
Also, what Vlad didn't mention, the correct ground power systems are indeed missing from the plane.

vl82m
May 7th, 2015, 01:11
Also, what Vlad didn't mention, the correct ground power systems are indeed missing from the plane.

That's exactly why I posted the ground power fix above... But let's focus on the more important issues such as correct initialization and 2D panels, which are vital for the correct loading of the plane.

aeronca1
May 7th, 2015, 08:49
Sound00=../SCS Tu-134/Sound/tumbler.wav - The way it appears in original file
^

Sound00=./SCS/Tu-134/Sound/tumbler.wav - The way it appears in modified file.
^

Depending on what the installed folder structure looks like, try adding the additional period as in original and replacing the "/" after SCS with a space. I don't have this plane installed, so cannot check what the folder structure is.

Adonis
May 7th, 2015, 08:57
^

^

Depending on what the installed folder structure looks like, try adding the additional period as in original and replacing the "/" after SCS with a space. I don't have this plane installed, so cannot check what the folder structure is.
As far as I can gather the problem seems to be a combination of sounds loading first and/or missing and the lack of 2D panels for the preload.

Bjoern
May 7th, 2015, 09:42

RAP115V is for the ground power?

I think I had a look at the code of the fixed gauge a while ago, but could not really figure out where the improvments were. What is the RAP 115V supposed to do and which switches are involved?

According to the comments, this is the correct version by the way:
http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-paneli-samoletov-41/rap-115-v-scs-tu-134-a-55642.html

You can identify the initialization failure by observing on the overhead panel that the fuel valves are in the "up" position, when they are supposed to be down. This in the real aircraft is not possible and indicates that the aircraft has failed to load as it should. Of course, you can ignore the fuel valves being in the wrong position but if switches all over the place, once again, the airplane has not loaded correctly and more bugs will appear in the long run.

The fuel valve switches do not use any custom code, but are directly connected to the Flight Simulator systems.

By default, the Tu-134 will set these valves to "Off" when the plane is initially loaded.
This is problematic if you want to load the plane from a saved flight in the air as the engines will shut off. Therefor, the code must be removed if one wants to use the Load/Save system.
The same applied to the cutoff levers (ROD), by the way. They are setting the mixture to "lean" when initially loaded, so they also will make th engines seize.

What's more interesting to note, is the fact that the incorrect initialization of the aircraft is dependant on "Tu134_XML_sound.ini". An earlier version of Tu134_XML_sound.ini with less sounds than the latest version of the file, actually loads the aircraft just fine. This is very strange for us and it made us scratch our heads. Probably one or several of the sounds might be blocking the incorrect initialization of the plane, or similar.

Tu134_XML_sound.ini only links sound-related L: variables to sound files in the "SCS" folder. The control logic for the sound is in "Tu134_Mods\Tu134_XML_Sound_Control.xml", but it does NOT SET any internal system variable, it does ONLY READ them.

I hope you will look into this issue, as if this fault is solved, I believe many of our troubles will be over.

I have taken a shot in the dark and renamed the sound variable related to the "Connect_Lock" button as this is the only major difference between the .ini files (the rest is the default hydraulic pump, avionics sound, etc...).

Also since Soviet aircraft for MSFS is very complex, it would be better to not mess with the code programming load/save gauges. The code for these airplanes were designed to be left as it is and breaks easily if you implement such gauges. The unstable code is the reason why nobody before has implemented such utilities or even third party GPS bundled to the autopilot... It is risky, and could end up breaking the aircraft.

The only reason why no one has implemented GPS support is because the team tried too hard to work oustide the MSFS systems. Had they actually taken a bigger effort to work WITH the possibilities of the default systems, implementing a "follow GPS" function would have been possible.
I can't blame them for trying to go around the default stuff as much as possible, but it actually has more potential for bugs than simply working with it.

And since the majority of code is XML, I can, and will, mess with the code.

If the SKV system continues to act up, I might even code a (simpler) XML version of it.

Apart from the strange issue with sounds causing incorrect initialization, it would be good if you found a way to return the 2D panels from the FS9 version to the FSX. It is not very difficult and you have the panel.cfg as reference. All the necessary files you have on the following file: https://yadi.sk/d/Ou764UCIcNiUf

Nyet. No 2D panels. They are too different from the VC model and you will have to point out any specific differences between them in the manual.

The mayor reason why the 2D panels should be reimplemented is very important. Simply, there is a lot of gauges and switches from 2D not available in 3D, and now the most important reason: Complex Russian aircraft designed for MSFS always must load first in 2D panels (never from the VC!) in order to correctly setup and initialize all the panels! If you load from VC, some systems will not correctly initialize, and thus we have bugs!

The Tu134 is not really complex. The code is a bit hard to read in places, but it is everything but awfully complex. With enough time, one might even be able to fix and work around every bug there is. But for that, you would have to work around the .gau and .dll files still used by the aircraft.

One difference I have noticed in the FS9 version is that "scs_tu134sys.gau" is only used in the 2D panel, not in the VC. This might very well be the reason why you have to load the 2D panel before loading the VC. The gauge is absent from the FSX version. So maybe there's the reason for all your bugs.

Bjoern
May 7th, 2015, 09:48
Here is scs_tu134sys.gau.

Add the entry to the [VCockpit01] section of the panel.cfg and see if it improves things:

gauge52=scs_tu134sys!system, 0,0,1,1

Bjoern
May 7th, 2015, 09:53
For what it's worth and as long as you guys keep the angry SCS team off my back, I could also upload a complete package of the 134.

^

^

The slashes and backslashes used in the paths are fine in the .ini file that I've uploaded. The sound gauge doesn't care whether paths are using slashes or backslashes, so you've got both flavors in the file. Missing slashes must indicate some issue with the text editor used (I use Notepad2) or erroneous unzipping or whatever.

Adonis
May 7th, 2015, 10:31
Here is scs_tu134sys.gau.

Add the entry to the [VCockpit01] section of the panel.cfg and see if it improves things:

gauge52=scs_tu134sys!system, 0,0,1,1
I'll try this out. Mind you, before you go into complexities and what is and isn't a bug, have a long chat with Vlad about the plane. Some of those "bugs" can easily be due to your lack of understanding of how Russian planes work (like most westerners do and call out bugs where there aren't any). He knows the Tu-134, been around real ones. I have packed him up the missing stuff from the FS9 version to send to you so you can put it back together out of the simple fact that it might lead you actually fixing the sounds adequately.

Second: you didn't understand him about the sound.xml, let me clarify: What the two of us think is happening is that your sound gauge is preventing the correct functioning of the panel preload into cold and dark, maybe because it is loading prior to something vital.

My honest suggestion would be to put the 2D panels back together, so you can see if that will make your life easier in fixing the sound issues and the correct loading of the planes panel. We could then connect the 2D panel stuff into the VC I'm gonna make and diss the current one completely so it could work correctly.

Bjoern
May 7th, 2015, 15:07
Mind you, before you go into complexities and what is and isn't a bug, have a long chat with Vlad about the plane. Some of those "bugs" can easily be due to your lack of understanding of how Russian planes work (like most westerners do and call out bugs where there aren't any). He knows the Tu-134, been around real ones. I have packed him up the missing stuff from the FS9 version to send to you so you can put it back together out of the simple fact that it might lead you actually fixing the sounds adequately.

First of all, I am not installing missing stuff from the FS9 version. I have the original 2.0 release right here and it is buggy as hell in FSX without some modifications. What the original team did to adapt it to FSX was sensible (see below).

Second, it does not matter if it is a russian plane or a western plane. This is a simulator with limited capabilities and you can only do so much to get its systems into FSX. Especially when using XML, which the SCS team did to a very large extent.

Second: you didn't understand him about the sound.xml, let me clarify: What the two of us think is happening is that your sound gauge is preventing the correct functioning of the panel preload into cold and dark, maybe because it is loading prior to something vital.

For the last time:
"Full" cold and dark was INTENTIONALLY DISABLED by me to PREVENT THE ENGINES FROM SHUTTING DOWN. I do not want the default cold and dark logic to be active because it is highly annyoing to have to operate dozens of switches every time that I reload the plane (which I have to do every few seconds when writing new gauge logic) just to start the engines.

And the reason you're seeing the plane in a cold and dark state at the beginning is because it is using a ton of L: type variables. MSFS can not save the last known state of these variables by default and thus will initialize them with a value of "0" ("Off" in most cases).
Now guess where the Load/Save module comes in?

My honest suggestion would be to put the 2D panels back together, so you can see if that will make your life easier in fixing the sound issues and the correct loading of the planes panel. We could then connect the 2D panel stuff into the VC I'm gonna make and diss the current one completely so it could work correctly.

Again: No.

For what it's worth, here are the differences in gauges between the FS9 and modified FSX releases:

- SCS_Tu134_ELEC\hydr_system.xml:
Removed the initialization condition for the brake failure. Reason: ??? Note: I've had to use a workaround to fix the brakes due to the original logic not working reliably.
- SCS_Tu134_VC\vc_handle.xml:
Removed all references to (>K:Afterburner1) and (>K:Afterburner2) which are used for toggling the switch sounds in FS9. If used in FSX, these bits of code will make the respective engine spool up whenever you click something. This only applies to the VC; the bug is still present in the 2D panel! (<- Potential reason for the removal of the 2D panel!)
- SCS_Tu134\2077.xml:
Removed the clickspot for closing the panel. Reason: ???
- SCS_Tu134\msrp.xml:
Removed all references to Afterburner1 and Afterburner2
- SCS_Tu134\idr.xml:
More explicit conditions for the KPPM (DME?) logic, corrected typographical errors, changed some things to be more easily readble ("and" instead of "&&")
- SCS_Tu134\Main_Processor.xml:
Changed K: vars that control the landing light retraction. This uses MSFS' "Concorde Visor" function, probably an attempt at a fix. I have fixed this in the .air file and it is working perfectly now.
Added an entire section for the navigation system. From the variable names, this looks like the autoland logic. Also includes the functionality for "Test SVK".
Added a line of code for the landing light retraction. Reason probably again an attempt at a fix.
Added a section for starting the engine. Engine start works.
Added a section for making DISS dependant on the availability of 115V current.
Added a section that adds functionality to the "Steering 55" switch.
- SCS_Tu134\ap_sys.xml:
Not present in the FSX version. Contains the logic for the autopilot system. I can confirm the autopilot as working.

The following are all related to the SKV control panel...
- SCS_Tu134\apu_bleed.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\ext_vent.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\sw_depress.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\sw_art_power.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\tue_galet.xml:

panel.cfg:
Apart from the 2D panel removal: All gauges that are providing background logic for the systems and were used on the 2D panel are in the [VCockpit01] section now. These gauges are the exact same reason why you HAD to load the 2D panel with the FS9 version! The [VCockpit] section is always refreshed by FSX, so with them being present in [VCockpit01], they are always used and always updated.
So there is absolutely no reason for a 2D panel now to properly initialize the systems.

Model files:
SCS Tu-134A\Model.A3_VCcabin\tu-134.mdl: Apart from being the only model file, it has a different date of creation, but is the same size. So it's probably nothing.

Aircraft.cfg:
- More [fltsim.x] entries due to more included repaints.
- Smokesystem coordinates have been fixed for FSX
- Fuel tank location and capacity changed
- Steering angle for the nosewheel changed
- Fuel_flow_gain (controls engine spool time) changed
- Engine thrust changed
- Autopilot section expanded, but the autopilot stays disabled
- Stronger brakes
- Removed autobrakes
- Flap positions like on the real aircraft

(The only thing that's referenced in the FSX panel.cfg, but missing, is "rcb-gauges!SelectCorrect", which is fixing engine or door selection. Download it here if you need it:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=rcbse-10.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search)

I'm sending you two my uncleaned development-tool-ridden version. If the bug with the sound system persists in this one, something is wrong with your computers or your FSX.

Adonis
May 7th, 2015, 17:29
Second, it does not matter if it is a russian plane or a western plane. This is a simulator with limited capabilities and you can only do so much to get its systems into FSX. Especially when using XML, which the SCS team did to a very large extent.

Actually, incorrect. The logic of operation is different to western planes and has nothing to do with FS9/FSX limitations. Most of the battery disconnects are actually caused by incorrect handling of the elec panel for example. As I said, speak with Vlad on skype about how the plane should function and be handled and don't jump to conclusions so easy.

For the last time:
"Full" cold and dark was INTENTIONALLY DISABLED by me to PREVENT THE ENGINES FROM SHUTTING DOWN. I do not want the default cold and dark logic to be active because it is highly annyoing to have to operate dozens of switches every time that I reload the plane (which I have to do every few seconds when writing new gauge logic) just to start the engines.

That actually doesn't change my point tho. If you need it that way for testing purposes, it might actually mess around with your debugging.

If you happen to include that particular state in the updates you give us, could you remove it for them at least so we get a proper full cold&dark?

Again: No.

For what it's worth, here are the differences in gauges between the FS9 and modified FSX releases:

- SCS_Tu134_ELEC\hydr_system.xml:
Removed the initialization condition for the brake failure. Reason: ??? Note: I've had to use a workaround to fix the brakes due to the original logic not working reliably.
- SCS_Tu134_VC\vc_handle.xml:
Removed all references to (>K:Afterburner1) and (>K:Afterburner2) which are used for toggling the switch sounds in FS9. If used in FSX, these bits of code will make the respective engine spool up whenever you click something. This only applies to the VC; the bug is still present in the 2D panel! (<- Potential reason for the removal of the 2D panel!)

I'm not asking you to throw in the FS9 gauges into the FSX version, but to rebuild the 2D panels using the gauges that are present in the FSX one. Please, read more carefully what I write :P The only missing gauges besides the scs_tu134_sys.gau is the panel menu, 2D version of the Yoke system, a measure gauge, and the clock that got replaced in the FSX one with a different build it seems (or integrated into the folders present).

Noted on the afterburner thing.

- SCS_Tu134\2077.xml:
Removed the clickspot for closing the panel. Reason: ???

That's because the FS9 version's 2D panels have closing clickspots to make closing the windows easier. Has really no bearing without the actual 2D panels being present in the FSX version really (it does exist in my one through the SKV fix that was posted on the avsim.su forum that brought back the flight attendant sounds).

- SCS_Tu134\msrp.xml:

Noted.

- SCS_Tu134\idr.xml:
More explicit conditions for the KPPM (DME?) logic, corrected typographical errors, changed some things to be more easily readble ("and" instead of "&&")

KPPM is the RMI gauge. This actually might potentially have bad consequences.

The "("and" instead of "&&")" is actually the non-unicode chars not showing up correctly. It can be fixed by setting the non-unicode language in language settings to Russian (just so you know why that's showing up that way with the && thing).

- SCS_Tu134\Main_Processor.xml:
Changed K: vars that control the landing light retraction. This uses MSFS' "Concorde Visor" function, probably an attempt at a fix. I have fixed this in the .air file and it is working perfectly now.
Added an entire section for the navigation system. From the variable names, this looks like the autoland logic. Also includes the functionality for "Test SVK".
Added a line of code for the landing light retraction. Reason probably again an attempt at a fix.
Added a section for starting the engine. Engine start works.
Added a section for making DISS dependant on the availability of 115V current.
Added a section that adds functionality to the "Steering 55" switch.
- SCS_Tu134\ap_sys.xml:
Not present in the FSX version. Contains the logic for the autopilot system. I can confirm the autopilot as working.

-The 1.2 version of the plane actually used the Concorde visor commands for the extension, dunno if they changed it for v2.
-Actually, the Tu-134 lacks autoland capability completely and shouldn't have it. It follows ILS LOC and glideslopes worse than the 1.2 version did (which mind you, wasn't perfect either, but didn't drift nearly as much, this actually could be the reason of the missing ap_sys.xml now that you mention it's absence).

The following are all related to the SKV control panel...
- SCS_Tu134\apu_bleed.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\ext_vent.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\sw_depress.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\sw_art_power.xml:
- SCS_Tu134\tue_galet.xml:

Noted.

panel.cfg:
Apart from the 2D panel removal: All gauges that are providing background logic for the systems and were used on the 2D panel are in the [VCockpit01] section now. These gauges are the exact same reason why you HAD to load the 2D panel with the FS9 version! The [VCockpit] section is always refreshed by FSX, so with them being present in [VCockpit01], they are always used and always updated.
So there is absolutely no reason for a 2D panel now to properly initialize the systems.

Model files:
SCS Tu-134A\Model.A3_VCcabin\tu-134.mdl: Apart from being the only model file, it has a different date of creation, but is the same size. So it's probably nothing.

Aircraft.cfg:
- More [fltsim.x] entries due to more included repaints.
- Smokesystem coordinates have been fixed for FSX
- Fuel tank location and capacity changed
- Steering angle for the nosewheel changed
- Fuel_flow_gain (controls engine spool time) changed
- Engine thrust changed
- Autopilot section expanded, but the autopilot stays disabled
- Stronger brakes
- Removed autobrakes
- Flap positions like on the real aircraft

Add to that that I have already indicated that the FS9's fuel and load points I got back, since the FSX's ones where off compared to the fuel calculator and that the stock FSX payload points weren't as, let's say descriptive.

(The only thing that's referenced in the FSX panel.cfg, but missing, is "rcb-gauges!SelectCorrect", which is fixing engine or door selection. Download it here if you need it:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=rcbse-10.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search)

You sure about this?

I'm sending you two my uncleaned development-tool-ridden version. If the bug with the sound system persists in this one, something is wrong with your computers or your FSX.

I'll test those versions out and let you know what I find.

Another missing thing is the clickspot between the plane icon and the green light that indicates system work on the LBU gauge (NAS-1 Lateral Deviation and Automatic Control gauge) that's used to reset the deviation to zero (this omission is actually functionally very important mind you). Also, this gauge sometime misbehaves with the angle selection and only can do full degrees, original could do 0.5 degs.

Also the two RSBN code selector rotaries have strange clickspots (I doubt this one can be fixed tho without porting of the VC model anew - correct me if I'm wrong).

The radio source selector on the Captains side panel (the bottom black gauge) is also clickable but you cannot change it's selection (and it's working on the FS9 one, there a copy on the Navigator position (right of the RSBN) that isn't working tho in FS9).

The only remaining issue besides all this is the SKV not working correctly (10+ deg gains/losses of temperature in about 10 seconds which should blow the plane up in reality) when the engine fuel valves are open on load. This doesn't happen (it does change, but gradually as you should expect) with the panels I sent Vlad to test since it loads the C&D correctly by what you said now and doesn't have brake issues (but on Vlad's PC it does which gets fixed by a failure clear).

I'll let Vlad chime in with anything else he might want to add.

vl82m
May 7th, 2015, 23:36
First things first:

KPPM is the navigators VOR/RSBN/ILS course and glide-slope indicator. I ask, please nobody touch this gauge until further notice. If this one is repaired incorrectly or modified, the very complicated RSBN might cease to function with it! If any questions about this gauge, please ask me before modifying. Just for everyones information, this is not a DME. If modified to a DME, please revert!

Anyone wishing to modify the airplane, please I ask, do not touch the navigation system. It is very complex and if changes made you might end up breaking the very complex NAS-1 and RSBN-2 navigation systems because you don't know what you're doing!

About fuel system, there exists fuel calculator with the FS9 version of the plane. If any modifications to fuel tanks, please keep the original parametres so we can still use fuel calculator! This saves massive time instead of manually calculating fuel! Most importantly, let's keep the original fuel burn parametres so the calculator calculates the correct amount! :)

Check chapter "7.4 Fuel planning for the lazy" in my manual to learn what it is about.

And then the following information from Adonis I approve:

"If you happen to include that particular state in the updates you give us, could you remove it for them at least so we get a proper full cold&dark?"

"The radio source selector on the Captains side panel (the bottom black gauge) is also clickable but you cannot change it's selection (and it's working on the FS9 one, there a copy on the Navigator position (right of the RSBN) that isn't working tho in FS9)."

I know there are other bugs, but as I do not want anyone to touch the navigation system yet, let's leave it be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will perform test flights SVO-LED and back testing both RSBN and NAS-1 systems on Saturday. If they work proper, I will provide feedback, and most likely it won't have to be changed. Reason why Saturday is because then I am not at work. Hopefully everything works and navigation system won't have to be modified at all.

My only real concern about the ADI (Attitude indicator) is the small ILS/VOR needles... very hard to see. This is the only thing that could be great to have fixed regarding navigation for the moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not want anyone to be offended by the fact I told not to modify navigation system. I'm already writing navigation section on the manual (NAS-1 to start with, and if anyone wants to learn one-to-one training in the simulator just let me know!). In the end, NAS-1 and RSBN should be familiar to everyone, and then we can begin to try and fix the nav system once we all have proper knowledge on how it works.

I repeat, if anybody has a question, or think something is a bug, please ask me so that I can confirm whether this "bug" is really a bug or just a feature in Russian airplanes!

Bjoern
May 8th, 2015, 08:38
Actually, incorrect. The logic of operation is different to western planes and has nothing to do with FS9/FSX limitations. Most of the battery disconnects are actually caused by incorrect handling of the elec panel for example. As I said, speak with Vlad on skype about how the plane should function and be handled and don't jump to conclusions so easy.

As long as keep a few things in mind, the electrical system is actually very docile...

Dead radios are caused by the MSFS-internal battery draining because the MSFS-internal alternators are - by default - not connected to the MSFS-internal engines. That was my very first fix and the generators are now always active. The battery will still drain if the engines are not running.
The systems and indicators freezing up despite there being elelctrical power is either due to a bug or due to generator overload. In any case, the "Connect Lock" button on the elctrical panel will fix it.
If you've got too much stuff on the electrical buses you can't start up the APU anymore, but that's okay if kept in mind during operation.

That actually doesn't change my point tho. If you need it that way for testing purposes, it might actually mess around with your debugging.

If you happen to include that particular state in the updates you give us, could you remove it for them at least so we get a proper full cold&dark?

Roll back the edits you need to do for the Load/Save mod if you actually want that stuff back in.
I won't touch it.

I'm not asking you to throw in the FS9 gauges into the FSX version, but to rebuild the 2D panels using the gauges that are present in the FSX one. Please, read more carefully what I write :P The only missing gauges besides the scs_tu134_sys.gau is the panel menu, 2D version of the Yoke system, a measure gauge, and the clock that got replaced in the FSX one with a different build it seems (or integrated into the folders present).

For the last time: I AM NOT REBUILDING THE F'IN 2D PANELS. End of discussion.

KPPM is the RMI gauge. This actually might potentially have bad consequences.

I doubt it. It was an edit akin to replacing "(Variable) 0 &gt; if{...}els{...}" with "(Variable) 1 == if{...} (Variable) 0 == if{...}". Same result, but more explicitly expressed.

The "("and" instead of "&&")" is actually the non-unicode chars not showing up correctly. It can be fixed by setting the non-unicode language in language settings to Russian (just so you know why that's showing up that way with the && thing).

Whatever the motivation for the original edit, I totally concur with it. I've never liked writing "||" for "or" and "&amp;&amp;" for "and".

-The 1.2 version of the plane actually used the Concorde visor commands for the extension, dunno if they changed it for v2.

Nope, didn't change. Quite peculiar as one could have simply used a custom animation powered by an "L:" var. But I don't mind, it's fixed now.

-Actually, the Tu-134 lacks autoland capability completely and shouldn't have it. It follows ILS LOC and glideslopes worse than the 1.2 version did (which mind you, wasn't perfect either, but didn't drift nearly as much, this actually could be the reason of the missing ap_sys.xml now that you mention it's absence).

I'm still not much of a fan for going a completely separate route from the default MSFS autopilot systems (as they have very good PID controllers), but whoever did this did a commendable job because autoland works.

Add to that that I have already indicated that the FS9's fuel and load points I got back, since the FSX's ones where off compared to the fuel calculator and that the stock FSX payload points weren't as, let's say descriptive.

Payload points did not change from the FS9 version.

You sure about this?

235.789%. Look up the gauge, read its description.

I'll test those versions out and let you know what I find.

Another missing thing is the clickspot between the plane icon and the green light that indicates system work on the LBU gauge (NAS-1 Lateral Deviation and Automatic Control gauge) that's used to reset the deviation to zero (this omission is actually functionally very important mind you). Also, this gauge sometime misbehaves with the angle selection and only can do full degrees, original could do 0.5 degs.

The v2.0 release and subsequently the FSX version did not have the clickspot either.

The 2D version has a clickspot in the middle now, the 3D version's selector has to be right-clicked. Both can do 0.5 km increments now.

Also the two RSBN code selector rotaries have strange clickspots (I doubt this one can be fixed tho without porting of the VC model anew - correct me if I'm wrong).

Nope, can't be fixed. The clickspots are invisible polygons in the model file.
Native FSX models (*) could simply declare the entire selector as clickable without any tricks.

*Probably FS9 models as well. It's been a while.

The radio source selector on the Captains side panel (the bottom black gauge) is also clickable but you cannot change it's selection (and it's working on the FS9 one, there a copy on the Navigator position (right of the RSBN) that isn't working tho in FS9).

It's clickable alright, but it doesn't seem to affect any variable.

The only remaining issue besides all this is the SKV not working correctly (10+ deg gains/losses of temperature in about 10 seconds which should blow the plane up in reality) when the engine fuel valves are open on load. This doesn't happen (it does change, but gradually as you should expect) with the panels I sent Vlad to test since it loads the C&D correctly by what you said now and doesn't have brake issues (but on Vlad's PC it does which gets fixed by a failure clear).

Repeating myself: I am not seeing the temperature spikes and my plane gets loaded with the valves open all the time.
If I can't reproduce a bug, I can't fix it.

First things first:

KPPM is the navigators VOR/RSBN/ILS course and glide-slope indicator. I ask, please nobody touch this gauge until further notice. If this one is repaired incorrectly or modified, the very complicated RSBN might cease to function with it! If any questions about this gauge, please ask me before modifying. Just for everyones information, this is not a DME. If modified to a DME, please revert!

The edits to the gauge were harmeless and not affecting the way it operates.

My only real concern about the ADI (Attitude indicator) is the small ILS/VOR needles... very hard to see. This is the only thing that could be great to have fixed regarding navigation for the moment.

The needles are a feature of the model and can not be changed.

I do not want anyone to be offended by the fact I told not to modify navigation system. I'm already writing navigation section on the manual (NAS-1 to start with, and if anyone wants to learn one-to-one training in the simulator just let me know!). In the end, NAS-1 and RSBN should be familiar to everyone, and then we can begin to try and fix the nav system once we all have proper knowledge on how it works.

I do not want to touch the navigation system anyway.

vl82m
May 8th, 2015, 09:11
What's the "to do" list?

Bjoern
May 8th, 2015, 10:07
Adding a "Cold&Dark" button to get your stupid cold&dark condition back in.

- Edit:
The button only works on the ground and after a right-click on the confirmation question to avoid accidential triggering.

Adonis
May 8th, 2015, 10:32
As long as keep a few things in mind, the electrical system is actually very docile...

Dead radios are caused by the MSFS-internal battery draining because the MSFS-internal alternators are - by default - not connected to the MSFS-internal engines. That was my very first fix and the generators are now always active. The battery will still drain if the engines are not running.
The systems and indicators freezing up despite there being elelctrical power is either due to a bug or due to generator overload. In any case, the "Connect Lock" button on the elctrical panel will fix it.
If you've got too much stuff on the electrical buses you can't start up the APU anymore, but that's okay if kept in mind during operation.

For the last time on my part, drop the arrogance and talk to Vlad/Tushka/vl82m!

Roll back the edits you need to do for the Load/Save mod if you actually want that stuff back in.
I won't touch it.

And I don't care about a partial plane turn on. Takes you 2 seconds worth to get that out yourself, and it serves no practical purpose to any of us who know this plane.

For the last time: I AM NOT REBUILDING THE F'IN 2D PANELS. End of discussion.

For something that would realistically take like 10 minutes for you to accomplish and put as a separate panel option, I really don't understand your aversion to this. And no need to shout with uppercase.

I doubt it. It was an edit akin to replacing "(Variable) 0 > if{...}els{...}" with "(Variable) 1 == if{...} (Variable) 0 == if{...}". Same result, but more explicitly expressed.

You have any idea what that change could do to the gauge now that you know what it is?

Whatever the motivation for the original edit, I totally concur with it. I've never liked writing "||" for "or" and "&&" for "and".

I cannot find any of those instances in the FS9 version of the gauge.

Nope, didn't change. Quite peculiar as one could have simply used a custom animation powered by an "L:" var. But I don't mind, it's fixed now.

Only that with your version of the plane's load it starts open, without it it starts closed on the external model mind you.

I'm still not much of a fan for going a completely separate route from the default MSFS autopilot systems (as they have very good PID controllers), but whoever did this did a commendable job because autoland works.

This is again something you seem to not know, the autopilot logic in Russian planes is different to western systems (which the stock system simulates BTW). This is the reason for example that the TU-154's don't even use the default joystick system at all but use a gauge specifically written for them. Plus, the autopilot needs to be disconnected and manually landed at most 30 meters altitude.

Payload points did not change from the FS9 version.

They actually did:
FS9 version:

[weight_and_balance]

max_gross_weight = 108026.5
empty_weight = 65978
reference_datum_position = 0, 0, 0
empty_weight_CG_position = -6.75.000, 0, 0
empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 3000000
empty_weight_roll_MOI = 1800000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 3000000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI = 0
max_number_of_stations = 50

station_load.0= "176.000, 54.95, 0.000, 0.000, ШТУРМАН"
station_load.1= "530.000, 48.79, 0.000, 0.000, ЭКИПАЖ"
station_load.2= "12566.000, 5.91, 0.000, 0.000, 76 ПАСС"
station_load.3= "253.532, 34.45, 0.000, 0.000, б/ПР+ПРОД"
station_load.4= "143.400, -21.98, 0.000, 0.000, б/ПР/ЗАД"
station_load.5= "1322.774, 42.01, 0.000, 0.000, ПЕРЕД/БАГ"
station_load.6= "3968.321, -27.72, 0.000, 0.000, ЗАДН/БАГ"

Original FSX version right after the install:

[weight_and_balance]

max_gross_weight = 108026.5
empty_weight = 65978
reference_datum_position = 0, 0, 0
empty_weight_CG_position = -5, 0, 0
empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 3000000
empty_weight_roll_MOI = 1800000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 3000000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI = 0
max_number_of_stations = 4

Nope, can't be fixed. The clickspots are invisible polygons in the model file.
Native FSX models (*) could simply declare the entire selector as clickable without any tricks.

*Probably FS9 models as well. It's been a while.

Noted.

It's clickable alright, but it doesn't seem to affect any variable.

It's goes (from left to right) COMM2/BOTH/COMM1/RSBN/NDB1VOR1/NDB2VOR2.

Adonis
May 8th, 2015, 10:34

- Edit:
The button only works on the ground and after a right-click on the confirmation question to avoid accidential triggering.

No need to get down to that level of attitude, but thanks.

Bjoern
May 8th, 2015, 14:25
For the last time on my part, drop the arrogance and talk to Vlad/Tushka/vl82m!

Guess who I'm talking to most of the time...

And I don't care about a partial plane turn on. Takes you 2 seconds worth to get that out yourself, and it serves no practical purpose to any of us who know this plane.

Yes, you may know the real plane, but this is a home simulation of it and thus subject to differing circumstances.

For something that would realistically take like 10 minutes for you to accomplish and put as a separate panel option, I really don't understand your aversion to this. And no need to shout with uppercase.

All of my work so far was catering for flying from the VC. The 5 million aircraft reloads I had to do to get the camera positions exactly right, building the helper panel, documenting the differences between 2D panels and VC, making sure that every bloody switch knob and lever in the cockpit makes a sound when clicked and even putting together a sound for the wipers (which are not present in the 2D). Any step away from this back to the 2D panels is akin to voiding my efforts. And voiding my efforts is not something I am even remotely willing to do after I've invested so much time - which I actually should be spending on more important stuff - in this project.

If you really want the 2D panels back, take my patched up version, put the panels in yourself and publish the result as a project fork. I, for my part, am fine with that.

You have any idea what that change could do to the gauge now that you know what it is?

The basic expression evaluation stays unchanged.

I cannot find any of those instances in the FS9 version of the gauge.

That's because it contains only the "&amp;&amp;"s. The "||" was an example to drive the point home.

Only that with your version of the plane's load it starts open, without it it starts closed on the external model mind you.

Well, there is a piece of default code that retracts the lights after it is loaded.
With the old version of the Load/Save stuff, I've instructed to remove it along with the fuel cutoff, but I modified that part of the installation instructions to leave the automatic light retraction in.

This is again something you seem to not know, the autopilot logic in Russian planes is different to western systems (which the stock system simulates BTW). This is the reason for example that the TU-154's don't even use the default joystick system at all but use a gauge specifically written for them. Plus, the autopilot needs to be disconnected and manually landed at most 30 meters altitude.

No, the basic modes (Attitude hold, altitude hold, heading hold, NAV hold, approach mode) are not different to any western autopilot from the same timeframe. The only thing that is really different is support for RSBN-related things in "NAV hold" and "approach" modes.

They actually did:
FS9 version:

Original FSX version right after the install:

Version 2.0 straight from the SCS homepage:

FSX version, Sept '14:

What I have (for whatever reason):

station_load.0= "176.000, 54.95, 0.000, 0.000, Navigator"
station_load.1= "530.000, 48.79, 0.000, 0.000, Pilots"
station_load.2= "0, 5.91, 0.000, 0.000, 76 PAX"
station_load.3= "253.532, 34.45, 0.000, 0.000, Front Steward+Eq"
station_load.4= "143.400, -21.98, 0.000, 0.000, Aft Steward+Eq"
station_load.5= "0, 42.01, 0.000, 0.000, Front Bag"
station_load.6= "0, -27.72, 0.000, 0.000, Aft Bag"

It's goes (from left to right) COMM2/BOTH/COMM1/RSBN/NDB1VOR1/NDB2VOR2.

Still, I can't fix it in the VC.

And to make one thing clear:
I'm not interested in making this the most realistic simulation of a Tu-134 ever. If something doesn't work exactly like on the real plane, it shall not be my problem.

Adonis
May 8th, 2015, 16:12
And to make one thing clear:
I'm not interested in making this the most realistic simulation of a Tu-134 ever. If something doesn't work exactly like on the real plane, it shall not be my problem.

Then you are of absolutely no use to people who fly this plane in Flight Simulator at all.

roger-wilco-66
May 9th, 2015, 03:48
Then you are of absolutely no use to people who fly this plane in Flight Simulator at all.

I've been follwing this thread for a while now with much interest and admire the work and efforts people are willing to put into such a project and share the results with others in the community.
From that standpoint I personally think this insulting remark is absolutely way over the top since you don't represent "all the people who fly this plane..." and I'm sure there are a lot of people who appreciate Bjoerns efforts here.

My 2ct.

Mark

Adonis
May 9th, 2015, 04:58
I've been follwing this thread for a while now with much interest and admire the work and efforts people are willing to put into such a project and share the results with others in the community.
From that standpoint I personally think this insulting remark is absolutely way over the top since you don't represent "all the people who fly this plane..." and I'm sure there are a lot of people who appreciate Bjoerns efforts here.

My 2ct.

Mark

I don't think it that way. He doesn't listen to reason and wants to turn the plane into a kids toy instead of fixing it adequately, and fails to respect the differences between western and Russian planes. Not an insult, but simple fact.

stovall
May 9th, 2015, 05:55
Ok, from this point on information will be directed at the topic at hand, the SCS Tu-134 v2.0 port over. Disparaging remarks about people or their abilities are not tolerated. I would much rather see this thread stay open and productive. If that is not possible it will be closed.

Adonis
May 9th, 2015, 06:11
Ok, from this point on information will be directed at the topic at hand, the SCS Tu-134 v2.0 port over. Disparaging remarks about people or their abilities are not tolerated. I would much rather see this thread stay open and productive. If that is not possible it will be closed.

If Bjoern keeps disrespecting the differences of this plane compared to western ones (which I doubt he will not do) and do childish remarks like:

you might as well close it right now as far as I am concerned.

stovall
May 9th, 2015, 06:27
Looks like this thread has run its course.