PDA

View Full Version : JF Viscount issue

Roger
April 18th, 2015, 14:40
I'm in FsX Dx10 with Steve's fixer and I recently reinstalled Jf's Viscount and found this texture/mdl anomaly over the cockpit windows. I'm up to date with patches does anyone have any ideas?

http://i.imgbox.com/gsYimOX1.jpg (http://imgbox.com/gsYimOX1)

DaveB
April 18th, 2015, 14:54
Hmm..

Can't help you with that anomaly Rog and I'm sure you know it's a Viscount not a Viking:biggrin-new: Just noticed that JF didn't put upper right registrations on the wing.. something woefully missing on a number of their models.. the DC6 springs immediately to mind:banghead: Wonder if there's one under the left wing? I have this but have only flown it once. It's currently not installed.

Is it only there for you in DX10? Aerial shadowing shows up like this sometimes.. grossly exaggerated.
ATB
DaveB:)

Roger
April 18th, 2015, 14:57
Hmm..

Can't help you with that anomaly Rog and I'm sure you know it's a Viscount not a Viking:biggrin-new: Just noticed that JF didn't put upper right registrations on the wing.. something woefully missing on a number of their models.. the DC6 springs immediately to mind:banghead: Wonder if there's one under the left wing? I have this but have only flown it once. It's currently not installed.

Is it only there for you in DX10? Aerial shadowing shows up like this sometimes.. grossly exaggerated.
ATB

Dave it's an age thing:santahat: and I've edited the opening post to Viscount. I may have to play with the Fixer's shadow tools.

DaveB
April 18th, 2015, 15:34
hahahahaha.. I do it all the time Rog;)

Seems odd you're only seeing this with the Viscount. I wouldn't want to be fiddling with DX10 fixer to get it right when the end result may throw the rest of your models out. Try turning off 'Aircraft cast shadows on itself' and see if it goes away. It may have nothing to do with this but I had a really odd shadow on the JF Canberra which turned out to be off the aerial wire!!! Hopefully.. one of the DX10 mob will be along with something useful asap;)

ATB

DaveB
April 19th, 2015, 04:42
Roger..

As mentioned.. I don't use Steve's DX10 fixer or DX10 but I've just loaded the Viscount up in DX10 Preview (the first time I've ever tried it) and the Viscount looks exactly the same as in your shot. I don't have aircraft cast shadows on itself enabled so what is happening is directly related to DX10. Perhaps the model/paints aren't DX10 compatible?? I've read that Steve's fixer can fix almost all known germs but maybe this is a fix too far?? I've returned it to DX9 and it's fine;)

Sri I can't be of more help.

EDIT: Direct from the JF Viscount page..
Texture artwork

Highly detailed texture mapping which doesn't compromise frame rates
FSX DX10 preview compatible
Bump mapping
Specular maps
Night maps

So.. it should be DX10 preview compatible mate. A ticket to their support or even a glance as the support forums might bring you something useful;)

EDIT#2.. there's nothing on their forum pages Roger (I can't really call them support forums because they're not). Looks like a ticket is the only answer.. unless someone else knows how to fix it.
ATB

Roger
April 19th, 2015, 04:57
Thanks Dave:ernaehrung004:. I'll make further investigations.

Roger
April 19th, 2015, 15:16
I decided to take the issue straight to the Avsim Dx10 Fixer forum and after Steve's suggestions nothing made any difference. So it looks like I'll have to manage without the JF Viscount unfortunately.

DaveB
April 19th, 2015, 15:24
Dear me Roger.. is that with all the paints? I only tried BEARS and on seeing that, didn't bother going further. Considering the model is advertised as DX10 Preview Compatible (and plainly isn't).. I'd drop JF a ticket and see what they have to say about it. If it isn't compatible, then so be it but it shouldn't be advertised as such.

ATB

Roger
April 19th, 2015, 15:47
Yes Dave, all the paints show the same anomaly.