PDA

View Full Version : Report on surface rt

Ickie
April 17th, 2015, 02:58
almost 1 year ago you all bought me a new win 8 surface rt 64 to replace my night time server monitor (night light) lol. I did add a 64 GB extra drive in it so I guess it is now a 128, lol.

Well it is still running great I have not jail broke it so it still starts in under 20 seconds. I could not be more happy. I have an old laptop Compaq cq-60 and even thou I replaced the hard drive in Dec it still takes 5 minutes to start.

I will give MS an attaboy on the surface rt 64 models even thou they are discontinued.

Dumonceau
April 18th, 2015, 01:19
We're using Surface Pro 3 at work. And they are indeed very nice machines. The could easily replace a laptop! (for office work)

pitty they are so expensive!

Johan

Ickie
April 18th, 2015, 03:42
since MS quit making the RT, the price dropped last year and I got my unit with keypad and extra 64 gig mini sd card for $225

Dumonceau
April 19th, 2015, 04:21
Now that IS cheap! We bought ours, including the keyboard, bluetooth mouse, docking station, VGA- and ethernet adapters for about 1600€

But with the i5 CPU, 8 Gigs of RAM and a 256 Gig SSD, that is to be expected. And of course putting the Mickey$oft logo on anything about doubles the price! :biggrin-new:

Dumonceau