PDA

View Full Version : Flying Stations TSR2

peterwatkins2
April 15th, 2015, 11:01
Better known as the Fairey Swordfish! Have been working on 4096 textures for this freeware model, as I could not find any done by anyone else!

peterwatkins2
April 15th, 2015, 11:23
A few more silver ones!

DaveB
April 15th, 2015, 11:32
Good lord man.. I nearly fainted!!!:biggrin-new:

I asked a question over there (FlyingStations) so long ago, I've forgotten now but it never got answered. It was that I was surprised they'd not painted the RNHF examples:encouragement:
EDIT: even more subtle.. A2A and L2!!
ATB
DaveB:)

peterwatkins2
April 15th, 2015, 11:32
Camo examples. Have uploaded all paints to FlightSim.com and should be available tomorrow.

peterwatkins2
April 15th, 2015, 11:40
Good lord man.. I nearly fainted!!!:biggrin-new:

I asked a question over there (FlyingStations) so long ago, I've forgotten now but it never got answered. It was that I was surprised they'd not painted the RNHF examples:encouragement:
EDIT: even more subtle.. A2A and L2!!
ATB

Ha Ha Dave. It was A2A that got me interested in the Swordfish and I had intended to paint her. I am not convinced of the accuracy of the colour scheme though, having done a fair bit of research. LS326 though has at last been painted in the correct scheme so remains a possibility.
Have to stop for a while though - have a Dragon to catch up with!

cheers, Peter

IFlySWA
April 15th, 2015, 11:50
...Have to stop for a while though - have a Dragon to catch up with!

cheers, Peter
Woo hoo! :jump: I was hoping the Dragon would find its way onto your to-do list Peter. :biggrin-new:

Brian

DaveB
April 15th, 2015, 12:16
Ha Ha Dave. It was A2A that got me interested in the Swordfish and I had intended to paint her. I am not convinced of the accuracy of the colour scheme though, having done a fair bit of research. LS326 though has at last been painted in the correct scheme so remains a possibility.
Have to stop for a while though - have a Dragon to catch up with!

cheers, Peter

Hahahaha.. excellent Peter:encouragement: That paint of AJVH was a shock. I'd no idea one of these ever found it's way onto the civil register. This'll certainly make 'low n slow' a bit more interesting:ernaehrung004:
ATB

Portia911
April 15th, 2015, 18:39
Great to see these skins for the Swordfish - thank you, Peter. :ernaehrung004:

Ian Warren
April 15th, 2015, 19:28
:adoration:And to think a Civilian paint as well .. I really do like that , great thing is its a great multiplay aircraft :cool:

dhasdell
April 16th, 2015, 05:27
Lovely work, Peter, as always.

I think LS326 was registered post-war as G-AJVH by Fairey, and later passed to the FAA Museum, possibly when the spares ran out or maintaining it became too expensive. No doubt someone can confirm or correct this.