PDA

View Full Version : alphasim freeware f-111 aardvark And Karol Chlebowski hud.

PhantomP
April 14th, 2015, 15:18
Hello,I am going to download alphasim freeware f-111 aardvark,but I Am wondering if Karols piggy project hud will work with it,and his project has a lot iterations,can somebody please point to where,and how to get the latest one?Thanks

COBS
April 15th, 2015, 01:21
Hi PhantomP

The latest version that I have done is,

FSX F-111 PIG HUD Project-Navigation/Situation awareness cockpit. ** F-111 Build Std 08 - WEF 08AUG2013 ** COMPLETE AIRCRAFT ** Global reach Strike-Navigation, Study the included screenshots.
Integrated Mission Adaptive Flight Plan Editor can enter ICAO's, Lat/Longs, Radar Postition, Waypoints, either as, Add Wpt/Direct To/ Replacement. *Advanced Multi Function Radar. *AI 'Lock On'*Pave Tack in cockpit all aspect viewer.
*Unified autopilot *HUD *Series of MFD's, massive amount of data *Active leg switches *Custom Instruments * Programmable Ripple bomb switch *Optimised for 2D pilot cockpit and 4X3 aspect ratio monitor
*84 Page detailed Flight Manual *Based on Virtavia Freeware F-111 *Possibly most advanced NAV Panel available.

Note that it is complete , it includes the F-111 freeware aircraft as well as the cockpit/panel , it also includes several repaints that I have done.
All you need to do is Download it , Install in FSX , and fly it.

Available Simviation and Flightsim libraries
Build standard 08 is the latest version.

You will need to Download Weapons package separately to use the Ripple bomb switch , see Manual.

Please be aware that it has a series of unique custom built instruments , so that reference to the 84 page Flight Manual will be a necessary requirement
to get the full useage out of it.

It is configured to be flown from the Left Pilot's 2D side , it can be flown from the 2D WSO side or the VC , but full function primarily is in 2D Pilot cockpit.

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION :
Please also be aware that it was configured for a 4x3 aspect ratio monitor , therefore in Widescreen (16x9) monitor the instruments will be stretched horizontally ,
and the HUD will not be calibrated to the horizon , additionally the touch screen radar is not calibrated to 16x9 therefore when you click a location it's
Lat/Long will not coincide with the radar graphics , you can still enter it into a Flight Plan with the integrated Mission Adaptive Flight Plan Editor in the
RH MFD but its position will be a little off (not precise).

I am currently in the process of doing a 16x9 Wide screen version with several additional features , but it might be a while before I upload,
This panel setup has some very advanced features and systems so it requires thorough testing to make sure it functions perfectly ,
and worst of all it needs a re write of the flight manual , I'm a one finger typist thus typing is an absolute pain , but I feel obligated to
provide some guidance to the end user , it really is necessary considering what that Panel - Aircraft combination is capable of doing.

Cheers
Karol

PhantomP
April 15th, 2015, 02:05
Hi PhantomP

The latest version that I have done is,

FSX F-111 PIG HUD Project-Navigation/Situation awareness cockpit. ** F-111 Build Std 08 - WEF 08AUG2013 ** COMPLETE AIRCRAFT ** Global reach Strike-Navigation, Study the included screenshots.
Integrated Mission Adaptive Flight Plan Editor can enter ICAO's, Lat/Longs, Radar Postition, Waypoints, either as, Add Wpt/Direct To/ Replacement. *Advanced Multi Function Radar. *AI 'Lock On'*Pave Tack in cockpit all aspect viewer.
*Unified autopilot *HUD *Series of MFD's, massive amount of data *Active leg switches *Custom Instruments * Programmable Ripple bomb switch *Optimised for 2D pilot cockpit and 4X3 aspect ratio monitor
*84 Page detailed Flight Manual *Based on Virtavia Freeware F-111 *Possibly most advanced NAV Panel available.

Note that it is complete , it includes the F-111 freeware aircraft as well as the cockpit/panel , it also includes several repaints that I have done.
All you need to do is Download it , Install in FSX , and fly it.

Available Simviation and Flightsim libraries
Build standard 08 is the latest version.

You will need to Download Weapons package separately to use the Ripple bomb switch , see Manual.

Please be aware that it has a series of unique custom built instruments , so that reference to the 84 page Flight Manual will be a necessary requirement
to get the full useage out of it.

It is configured to be flown from the Left Pilot's 2D side , it can be flown from the 2D WSO side or the VC , but full function primarily is in 2D Pilot cockpit.

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION :
Please also be aware that it was configured for a 4x3 aspect ratio monitor , therefore in Widescreen (16x9) monitor the instruments will be stretched horizontally ,
and the HUD will not be calibrated to the horizon , additionally the touch screen radar is not calibrated to 16x9 therefore when you click a location it's
Lat/Long will not coincide with the radar graphics , you can still enter it into a Flight Plan with the integrated Mission Adaptive Flight Plan Editor in the
RH MFD but its position will be a little off (not precise).

I am currently in the process of doing a 16x9 Wide screen version with several additional features , but it might be a while before I upload,
This panel setup has some very advanced features and systems so it requires thorough testing to make sure it functions perfectly ,
and worst of all it needs a re write of the flight manual , I'm a one finger typist thus typing is an absolute pain , but I feel obligated to
provide some guidance to the end user , it really is necessary considering what that Panel - Aircraft combination is capable of doing.

Cheers
KarolThanks Karol, I have been reading the manual for this,and I must say that it looks truly awesome,and I can't wait to install this and fly,BTW,I am looking foward to your wide screen version,will this also be for the freeware version of the F-111?:jump:

COBS
April 15th, 2015, 02:31
PhantomP

I will do both a 4x3 and 16x9 (wide screen) version for the freeware F-111 with the latest instrument updates.
Each version will be calibrated for the applicable monitor Aspect Ratio , so each radar display touch screen will be precise .
I have also considerably expanded the "Stand Off" capability of the radar to enhance the pilot's options and flexability ,
as well as detailing your current location the display can be projected to to any location on earth , it also will now have
a 'Pan' capability so that you can view any location that you desire within a 300 nm radius of your current location.
Both will be uploaded at the same websites.

Cheers
Karol

PS ;
The following links might be of interest , scroll down to see the screenshots , ignore the technical stuff .

1. Just general shots.
The second page shows the creation of a 3 leg diversion that was done using "Stand Off"
That diversion was created in England while the aircraft was sitting on the ground half a world away in Australia.
Normally you would be doing diversions , alternates or Flight Plan changes a little closer to your current location ,
however it does display what you can do.
That diversion could just as easily have been done using Airport ICAO's instead of Touch screen Lat/Longs.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/radar-for-global-reach-navigation-and-flight-planning-help-pls.427000/

2. This shows some of the "Stand Off" aspects , those 4 pages (B1 , B2 , B3 , B4) control where the radar will be
projected to.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/radar-stand-off-panning-display-aspects.428124/

3. The "Mark Position" instrument capability will be expanded and integrated in to a MFD.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/mark-position-final-version-full-code.430467/

PhantomP
April 15th, 2015, 06:15
PhantomP

I will do both a 4x3 and 16x9 (wide screen) version for the freeware F-111 with the latest instrument updates.
Each version will be calibrated for the applicable monitor Aspect Ratio , so each radar display touch screen will be precise .
I have also considerably expanded the "Stand Off" capability of the radar to enhance the pilot's options and flexability ,
as well as detailing your current location the display can be projected to to any location on earth , it also will now have
a 'Pan' capability so that you can view any location that you desire within a 300 nm radius of your current location.
Both will be uploaded at the same websites.

Cheers
Karol

PS ;
The following links might be of interest , scroll down to see the screenshots , ignore the technical stuff .

1. Just general shots.
The second page shows the creation of a 3 leg diversion that was done using "Stand Off"
That diversion was created in England while the aircraft was sitting on the ground half a world away in Australia.
Normally you would be doing diversions , alternates or Flight Plan changes a little closer to your current location ,
however it does display what you can do.
That diversion could just as easily have been done using Airport ICAO's instead of Touch screen Lat/Longs.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/radar-for-global-reach-navigation-and-flight-planning-help-pls.427000/

2. This shows some of the "Stand Off" aspects , those 4 pages (B1 , B2 , B3 , B4) control where the radar will be
projected to.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/radar-stand-off-panning-display-aspects.428124/

3. The "Mark Position" instrument capability will be expanded and integrated in to a MFD.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/mark-position-final-version-full-code.430467/This looks great it really sparks my interest,and now I cant wait until the update,keep up the great work,and thanks again for all your help.BTW any videos showing the features of your piggy hud?

COBS
April 15th, 2015, 08:20
PhantomP

Regards videos , none that I know of.
Long ago I saw several that briefly gave a glimpse of the panel , however since this is a progressive project the panel has dramatically
changed as I have added quite a few new functions to it.

If you are into intercepts or formation flying with AI aircraft then this package assists really well.
In the shot below I have selected and Locked On in the radar to the AI F-111 seen to the left of the HUD.
The text overlay on the radar screen and blue arrow and the repeated text block in the top of the HUD detail AI specifics.
The AI is 5 degrees left of nose , 1,303' in front , 100' below , and I am closing in at 4 Kts.
You can intercept and fly in formation with it even if you cannot see it , ie, in cloud.
The text and arrow enable you to keep station on the AI even if you overshoot it and it is behind you and out of sight.

The AI Hunter Pop Up instrument below the radar allows a second AI to be Locked On although it is only text data presentation. The listing is scrolled and clicked on the line that you choose , full selected AI data then appears in the bottom half of the instrument.

It provides fully informed flight and loads of fun.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21900&stc=1

Cheers
Karol

PhantomP
April 15th, 2015, 13:00
PhantomP

Regards videos , none that I know of.
Long ago I saw several that briefly gave a glimpse of the panel , however since this is a progressive project the panel has dramatically
changed as I have added quite a few new functions to it.

If you are into intercepts or formation flying with AI aircraft then this package assists really well.
In the shot below I have selected and Locked On in the radar to the AI F-111 seen to the left of the HUD.
The text overlay on the radar screen and blue arrow and the repeated text block in the top of the HUD detail AI specifics.
The AI is 5 degrees left of nose , 1,303' in front , 100' below , and I am closing in at 4 Kts.
You can intercept and fly in formation with it even if you cannot see it , ie, in cloud.
The text and arrow enable you to keep station on the AI even if you overshoot it and it is behind you and out of sight.

The AI Hunter Pop Up instrument below the radar allows a second AI to be Locked On although it is only text data presentation. The listing is scrolled and clicked on the line that you choose , full selected AI data then appears in the bottom half of the instrument.

It provides fully informed flight and loads of fun.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21900&stc=1

Cheers
KarolHi Karol this looks so cool where can I download the F-111 AI at?,Thanks.

Butcherbird17
April 15th, 2015, 13:37
Hi Karol this looks so cool where can I download the F-111 AI at?,Thanks.

Look for jy_ai_f111s_fsx_2.zip at Flightsim.

Joe

PhantomP
April 15th, 2015, 19:31
Look for jy_ai_f111s_fsx_2.zip at Flightsim.

JoeThanks for the info Butcherbird17.

COBS
April 16th, 2015, 00:59
Some more F-111 AI aircraft ;

** For Australia
At Simviation
search for : AUSTpigg

FSX F-111 AI aircraft for Australia.Boosts F-111 activity level. This AI package adds 11 extra F-111s to the Australian skies.Specifically 8 AI aircraft at RAAF Amberley airbase (YAMB) and 3 at RAAF East SAle (YMES).
AMberley now comes to life,these F-111 AI function with, and complement the OZx ADF AI for FSX.Some AI travel about the Eastern seaboard of Australia. 4-1SQN, 4-6SQN,3-ARDU.
Includes AI timetable. By Karol Chlebowski

and

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/12-ozx-official-addons/
and download,
ADF AI for FSX
This package provides all sorts of military AI including F-111 for the whole of Australia.

** For USA
http://sites.google.com/site/shess0757/home
and download
Pease AFB, NH
Really good , has f-111 , also has many other military AI aircraft.
Steve Hess has done a wonderful job of the Pease AFB airport scenery , it includes the cold war alert facilities.
It is a must have item.

Cheers
Karol

PhantomP
April 16th, 2015, 03:34
Some more F-111 AI aircraft ;

** For Australia
At Simviation
search for : AUSTpigg

FSX F-111 AI aircraft for Australia.Boosts F-111 activity level. This AI package adds 11 extra F-111s to the Australian skies.Specifically 8 AI aircraft at RAAF Amberley airbase (YAMB) and 3 at RAAF East SAle (YMES).
AMberley now comes to life,these F-111 AI function with, and complement the OZx ADF AI for FSX.Some AI travel about the Eastern seaboard of Australia. 4-1SQN, 4-6SQN,3-ARDU.
Includes AI timetable. By Karol Chlebowski

and

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/12-ozx-official-addons/
and download,
ADF AI for FSX
This package provides all sorts of military AI including F-111 for the whole of Australia.

** For USA
http://sites.google.com/site/shess0757/home
and download
Pease AFB, NH
Really good , has f-111 , also has many other military AI aircraft.
Steve Hess has done a wonderful job of the Pease AFB airport scenery , it includes the cold war alert facilities.
It is a must have item.

Cheers
KarolThis is some great stuff,thank you COBS.

COBS
April 16th, 2015, 05:57
PhantomP

I hope that you enjoy it.

One other thing that I must mention.
Steve Hess ( see my previous post for his website ) has created a panel for the same freeware F-111.
He has put a massive amount of effort into it and has created something that can only be described as astounding.
It really is superb .
His panel is an authentic version of the actual F-111 panel and instruments.
It's well worth a visit to his website to check it out , and it is freeware.
I respect and admire Steve , in my opinion his efforts over the years have enriched our Flight Simulator.

You can have both his and mine loaded on FSX as their titles are different .
So you would have two separate aircraft .

Cheers
Karol

PhantomP
April 16th, 2015, 11:50
PhantomP

I hope that you enjoy it.

One other thing that I must mention.
Steve Hess ( see my previous post for his website ) has created a panel for the same freeware F-111.
He has put a massive amount of effort into it and has created something that can only be described as astounding.
It really is superb .
His panel is an authentic version of the actual F-111 panel and instruments.
It's well worth a visit to his website to check it out , and it is freeware.
I respect and admire Steve , in my opinion his efforts over the years have enriched our Flight Simulator.

You can have both his and mine loaded on FSX as their titles are different .
So you would have two separate aircraft .

Cheers
KarolOh,yes I was planning on downloading his version of the F-111 also,I have just been reading up on it ,but when I get the time this weekend I will install both,Thanks again for you,and Steves hard work,And I'll eyes keep my open for the newer version of your HUD.