PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Fury!

bearcat241
April 14th, 2015, 07:37
Jets ain't nuthin' with the right props...if they turn 'em, we burn 'em! :redfire:...AI jets just don't appreciate their BnZ advantage in this sim :biggrin-new:

http://i.imgur.com/dbZsbjK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/J9YK1t0.jpg

misson
April 14th, 2015, 14:12
Jets ain't nuthin' with the right props...if they turn 'em, we burn 'em! :redfire:...AI jets just don't appreciate their BnZ advantage in this sim :biggrin-new:

BnZ ? what is that?

bearcat241
April 14th, 2015, 18:28
Whaaaat!! :topsy_turvy: C'mon pilot, you fly a combat simulator and you've never heard?! Boom...and...Zoom!

Its fighter jock slang for your basic hit and run tactic when you have a power and speed advantage over an adversary. You come in fast, line up the prey, fire a short burst and use the energy to either dive away or climb away to come around for another pass. Its the main go-to tactic for jet pilots when using guns on a slower opponent, especially a slower opponent flying a high performance aircraft that can easily out-perform a jet in a turning fight in the low speed ranges.

kelticheart
April 15th, 2015, 03:09
Way to go BC! :encouragement:

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Blood_Hawk23
April 15th, 2015, 03:13
Ever watch the Dogfights episode with the F8s. Some awesome stuff there. They also had one on the Sandy's in Vietnam.

misson
April 15th, 2015, 04:07
Whaaaat!! :topsy_turvy: C'mon pilot, you fly a combat simulator and you've never heard?! Boom...and...Zoom!

Its fighter jock slang for your basic hit and run tactic when you have a power and speed advantage over an adversary. You come in fast, line up the prey, fire a short burst and use the energy to either dive away or climb away to come around for another pass. Its the main go-to tactic for jet pilots when using guns on a slower opponent, especially a slower opponent flying a high performance aircraft that can easily out-perform a jet in a turning fight in the low speed ranges.Lol!!!!Understood! well ofcourse i heard about that! I wonder to my self if that is E. Hartmann technique , altough Hartmann did not reengage the prey.
I dont use to fly jets, but some times...:icon37:
Cheers
Mario:encouragement:

bearcat241
April 15th, 2015, 04:32
Yeah Blood...good stuff there. I like the way those two Sandy's took out the Mig head-on in a fingertip formation. That big bully Mig jock wanted to play chicken with what he thought was an easy lunch. I can visualize all that 20mm ammo going right up his Mig's air intake and into the engine and main fuel cells. :pop4:

BTW, i know this may be elementary to most of you old CFS2 vets, but the main reason that AI jets are such easy kills for hi-perf props is that the sim engine's tactical algorithms were built for prop-V-prop dogfighting. The programmers didn't even consider jets vs props when they put this thing together. I deduced this from observing the way that the sim operates AI jets in a knife fight. They tend to copy the same maneuvers you see with the stock Zero's and Oscars, including those hanging, high nose, 80 knot hammerheads, low speed loops and quick breaks which are virtually impossible for a real jet to safely do at low altitudes -- STALL HELL!. The jet models fight way below their real life flight envelopes (in zones of prop fighters), but their higher weights and MOI's make them so much more vulnerable in close combat, much like we've seen with Mustangs and Thunderbolts against the Me-262 in WW2. As long as the 262 pilots respected their mind-blowing climb rates and speed advantages they were unbeatable in the BnZ game. But whenever they fell back on their ME109 and FW190 combat experiences in the turning fight, they lost their advantage and put themselves on an even footing with the Stangs and Tbolts.