PDA

View Full Version : Running out of lights

PhantomP
April 13th, 2015, 12:45
Hello,I am customizing the alpha sim freeware B1-b Lancer with some freeware effects,but all the effects are tied into the light section,so in other words I Have run out of lights,and had to eliminate the cabin lights section,is there anything I can do to just have the illumination from the cabin lights stay on all the time? So I could save on lights,also maybe there is an afterburner effect out there that works in the smoke section,and that might even work.Thanks

Terry
April 13th, 2015, 13:44
Never tried it but I don't see why you couldn't designate light effects in the smoke section. I don't know how many it will show, that's trial and error.

PhantomP
April 13th, 2015, 15:48
Never tried it but I don't see why you couldn't designate light effects in the smoke section. I don't know how many it will show, that's trial and error.Thanks for the reply Terry,I am still messing with it,and when I have some time I will try out your idea.

Bjoern
April 14th, 2015, 07:40
Note: Smoke effect lights can only be controlled by the "Toggle Smoke" key. So if you've got a bunch of lights that only require a single switch (maintenance lights or formation lights), you can indeed put them in the "smoke" section.
Or put the afterburner effects there, but then you'd need a gauge (or edit the already present A/B control gauge) to control them.

n4gix
April 14th, 2015, 07:47
Never tried it but I don't see why you couldn't designate light effects in the smoke section. I don't know how many it will show, that's trial and error.
You can easily control up to 98 separate 'lights" using the smoke system...

Search at AVSIM or Freeflight Design for details...
http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1238538583/6#6

Unfortunately, this scheme only works when at least one engine is running...

PhantomP
April 14th, 2015, 12:34
Thanks again everyone for the answers,is it possible to have the lights,and a smoke gauge working at the same time in the smoke section,maybe even a heat shimmer effect too also?

Terry
April 14th, 2015, 12:40
Light or smoke section can activate anything in the effects folder. Neither function knows the difference between a light or smoke. It seems your craving for lights is only limited by the power of your pc.

PhantomP
April 14th, 2015, 14:14
Ok,this kind of a wierd problem,but when using the afterburner by applying full throttle to the alphasims Rockwell B-1 b lancer freeware version FSX the cabin lights in the virtual cockpit always shut off,but as I ease the throttle back they come on again is there any remedy for this problem? thanks