PDA

View Full Version : ACTIVE SKY NEXT - anyone use this?

TeiscoDelRay
April 12th, 2015, 14:44
I tried the demo but hate the nagging window asking me if I want to load "as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe" every time I start FSX. Is the norm for this program?

DaveB
April 12th, 2015, 15:05
This happens the first time it loads (new install) and after updates but at no other time. SP2 is now out.. build B5575 and I actually see a performance increase on my i5-2500K/Win7 Ultimate rig. Another user at CBFS has reported his FSX no longer freezes after a couple of hours so all in all.. it's good news at the moment;)

ATB
DaveB:)

gman5250
April 12th, 2015, 15:11
Once you've done the setup and selected your settings, all you need do is to start the program when you open run your sim.

TeiscoDelRay
April 12th, 2015, 15:46
Happens every time I open FSX.

Cirrus N210MS
April 12th, 2015, 20:59
i just got it and it works great no popup windows only the program which runs behind your simulator:applause:

Daube
April 12th, 2015, 23:14
I also use Active Sky Next for P3D, and I don't get any popup on startup.

DaveB
April 13th, 2015, 00:56
Ah.. you say it happens each time you open FSX. Are you accepting them as 'Trusted' (tick yes) or ignoring them (tick no)? This might depend on where you let it (and FSX) install. I have FSX on a separate drive.. outside any (x86) folder and I have ASN installed on the same drive.. also outside and well away from the default. If you have it installed to the default location.. Windows will try and 'protect' it which for us, is counter productive.

Even with FSX and ASN installed to custom locations.. Windows still requires I 'allow' ASN to start (do you wish to let this program make changes to your computer e t c) but that's the only hassle and I accept it. Funny because Active Sky Advanced never did this but there you go. It should be a case of double click on the ASN icon.. 'allow' the program to run.. it will download live weather (if that's how you have it set up).. when it says 'idle' on the bottom of the screen (next to 'waiting for simulator').. double click your FSX icon and away you go. FSX will load up.. you choose your flight and moments after your start location opens.. you'll see 'live' weather.

Perhaps what you're seeing is unique to the demo version. It certainly doesn't happen with the full version;)
ATB
DaveB:)