PDA

View Full Version : No readme , clueless.

dasuto247
April 11th, 2015, 15:19
I downloaded "Mariannas Bonin Mesh" but no readme included.files are Bonin.bgl Iwo.bgl and Mariannas.bgl where do they go? Definitely need some scenery for Iwo and Bonins. Risk of sounding stupid, these are for scenery yes? lol

MaskRider
April 11th, 2015, 16:19
Hiya dasuto247,

Is the author of this mesh mesh Jean Bomber? If so, then the reason why there is no readme might be that the mesh was originally released as part of another scenery package which contained its own readme/install instructions and JP never actually provided a readme specific to this mesh. Are the dates on the bgls sometimes back in 2010, say middle of summer?

I ask because Jean Pierre created a set of mesh for my Marianas project back in the summer of 2010 that covered from Guam up thru the Bonins. But it consisted of just a single bgl named Guam_to_chichi_Jima _lod9.bgl

MR

PS In any event, to install it, if it consists of a typical parent folder with a scenery and texture folder inside, all you need do to install it is to drop it into your main CFS2 folder and activate it. If you have Phumba's mesh installed this mesh should override it so long as it is above Rhumbas folders in the scenery library.

There are others around here more familiar than I with the finer points of where mesh scenery might be better installed/located in the scenery library. Hopefully they will offer some feedback. But as a start point what I suggest should work.