PDA

View Full Version : Taxi and Landing lights in FSX

Navy Chief
January 28th, 2009, 16:44
I have run into this problem before, but cannot remember what I did to fix it!

All of my lights are working on aircraft, except landing and taxi lights on most models.

One example on that is NOT, is the Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet. When I select the Landing/Taxi Light Switch, it goes to On, and then quickly back to Off.

It will not stay on. Same thing happened, I noticed with default 747 switches.

NC

Navy Chief
January 29th, 2009, 06:02
No suggestions, eh? :help:

NC

Dangerous Beans
January 29th, 2009, 09:21
Does it only happen during the day and do you have the A2A Reduex light installed ?

If so run the swlights_utility.exe in the ShockwaveLights folder and set it to use landing lights during the day.

Navy Chief
January 29th, 2009, 09:49
I do, and I will try that. thanks!

NC

Marlin
January 29th, 2009, 12:59
Did that fix your problem?

Navy Chief
January 29th, 2009, 13:17
Nope. Am uninstalling SW lights, and checking again.

Thanks.

NC

jdhaenens
January 29th, 2009, 14:15
There is a checkbox in the aircraft section of the settings that says something to the effect of: landing light lights up ground.....

dhazelgrove
January 29th, 2009, 18:59
If you use 'landing-lights-gear' in your panel then they won't light unless the gear is down, if I remember it right.
So, you'd have to lower the gear and then switch on the lights.

Does that do it?

Dave

heywooood
January 29th, 2009, 19:18
twitchy, fickle FSX...

I had a similar problem awhile back...seems when I un-checked all the lighting enhancements in XGraphics it was cured...Do you have XGraphics or another program with lighting texture settings?...maybe FTX? that one has lighting adjustments too.

After you make the changes you might have to go into your saved original texture folder (hopefully you have one) and replace the necessary lighting tex files...

Navy Chief
January 30th, 2009, 05:27
I understand about lowering the gear, etc..., but the light used to come on when aricraft is on the ground. I do have Xgraphics, but didn't see any adjustment section for lighting, but will check again. I do think some texture(s) may be missing. Still investigating!

Thanks!

NC