Nice find.

Anthin
April 10th, 2015, 19:10
Have book marked it.Thanks for putting
this up.:ernaehrung004:

Anthin.

StormILM
April 10th, 2015, 22:05
Worth mentioning, I downloaded a number of the files thus guy has posted on his site but a good number(at least 1/3rd) of his links have been removed due to copyright violations/or complaints. Not sure if that indicates he's uploading payware files or scenery with unauthorized file usage within them(or some other issue). I am aware that sometimes even these freeware scenery devs have conflicts or parting of ways which are the source behind copyright complaints/file removals or even possibly a case of mistaken ID of files. Anyhow, just a heads up & caution with this site.

gray eagle
April 11th, 2015, 13:18
[QUOTE=gray eagle;947195
Forget it!

I've deleted this link . In the past, when I have posted an airplane video or some interesting link , I've usually deleted it just as I have this one
when some one finds fault or takes issue with them. When will I ever learn to stop doing this!!!!

StormILM
April 11th, 2015, 17:09
Gray Eagle,

Per my previous post, my apologies, I certainly didn't want to cast any aspersions that you unknowingly posted a link to a site that was questionable in it's content, just wanted to give a heads up into what I ran into when trying to download the files. I believe that Mr. Maldonado and his site are legit but as I backtracked through the files and made an attempt to carefully examine them, I see that many of the removed files had both David Maldonado & Gustavo La Cruz listed together as the authors and nearly all of those removed files from Mr.Maldonado's site were posted at and maintained on Avsim and other sites without any complaints of copyright issues. That being said, I think the issue with the download links on Mr. Maldonado's site was one where the other author didn't want some files posted on Mediafire. The only reason I urge caution with some of these more obscure sites is that I have heard directly from some devs who find their copyrighted material(free and payware) hidden or in the open on such sites. I know us experienced end users are usually pretty good about screening for such things. Anyhow, I will re-post the original link and the FSX Freeware sub-page for Venezuela which will show most of the files that are missing from David Maldonado's page.

http://davidmaldonado684.blogspot.com/2014/03/aeropuerto-de-puerto-ordaz-svpr-para-el.html

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/venezuela.html

StormILM
April 12th, 2015, 19:29
Quick update, I did a comprehensive check over a couple of hours of all the files on the site which Gray Eagle originally posted and all the files appear legit. Oddly, I found that all of the files that were listed as removed on Mediafire (for violations) were owned by the author and still fully available on Avsim and Flightsim.com. I guess it was case of an erroneous report/removal of those files. For those who still want to obtain the scenery, you can use both of the above links to reference & catalog all of the files.

gray eagle
April 13th, 2015, 03:51
Quick update, I did a comprehensive check over a couple of hours of all the files on the site which Gray Eagle originally posted and all the files appear legit. Oddly, I found that all of the files that were listed as removed on Mediafire (for violations) were owned by the author and still fully available on Avsim and Flightsim.com. I guess it was case of an erroneous report/removal of those files. For those who still want to obtain the scenery, you can use both of the above links to reference & catalog all of the files.

Golly gee... thanks for making my link kosher, I experienced the same issues before I removed it. I got one positive "Nice Find" comment from one kind soul here.
I envision similar critiques/responses for any future "finds" that I may endeavor to bring to the table here ergo, no mas.