PDA

View Full Version : Kelti!!!!

Blood_Hawk23
April 8th, 2015, 03:26
Hey I need you to look something up for me.

Fibber sent me this link

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/85607-WW1-Italian-bombs?p=223542&viewfull=1

and from there I found this...

http://www.aeronautica.difesa.it/News/Pagine/GliArtiglidelleAquile.aspx

Now I can't read Italian so I'm a bit at a loss here. Is there any way to order this book. Its said later in the post that you can get it through here...

http://tuttostoria.it/www.tuttostoria.it/repository/1/326/ita-12415.pdf

Any way you can find out more about this for me.

Let me know

'til Later,
John

kelticheart
April 9th, 2015, 03:43
Hey I need you to look something up for me.

Fibber sent me this link

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/85607-WW1-Italian-bombs?p=223542&viewfull=1

and from there I found this...

http://www.aeronautica.difesa.it/News/Pagine/GliArtiglidelleAquile.aspx

Now I can't read Italian so I'm a bit at a loss here. Is there any way to order this book. Its said later in the post that you can get it through here...

http://tuttostoria.it/www.tuttostoria.it/repository/1/326/ita-12415.pdf

Any way you can find out more about this for me.

Let me know

'til Later,
John

Here you are John:

http://issuu.com/rivistaaeronautica/docs/catalogo2014

that's the link which brings you to the official book catalogue of Aeronautica Militare Italiana (Italian Air Force). If it opens up in Italian, just click on the 'LINGUE' (languages) menu and select English.

Following the translation of the book advertised there, the second link you posted. It's dated June 1st, 2011.

"The last publication from the Military Air Force Historical Office 'The Eagles' Talons - Aerial weaponry in Italy during the Great War' is available. Written by Cappellano, Di Martino and Marcuzzo.

The authors walk back all the steps which took the airplane from a simple flying shooting platform to become a true weapon system, of which the armament, with its auxiliary equipments, was an integral and fundamental part.
They analyse the evolution of aerial armament in Italy from 1910 to 1918, with the support of an impressive collection of images, highlighting the most meaningful advancement steps, both technical and organisational.
Follow detailed descriptions, with the help of exploded views and blueprint drawings, about what was accomplished in the fields of payload and onboard weapon development.
The book ends with a summary, albeit exhaustive, in the appendix describing the aerial weaponry utilised by the Austro-Hungaric Imperial Air Force.

The volume, enriched by a large collection of aircraft and men drawings and photographs of the period, but, above all, weapons and ammunitions, comes in a very accurate typographic format. It features a vast amount of information written in a clear, flowing style, making it easy to read in spite of the complexity of the topic.

It is a reference textbook about the specific subject and also a very interesting publication for all those involved in aviation history and WWI aviation."

The last paragraph of the article advertises the General Catalogue (this is how I got its link above).

Unfortunately, I did not see anywhere a reference to a possible translated edition of this book. My suggestion to you is trying to write them at this e-mail:

editoriastorica@aeronautica.difesa.it

and ask them whether the book was ever translated in English and how it can be purchased.

I am quite sure someone will reply to you in English. Being Italy part of the NATO alliance, all of the Italian Air Force personnel is required to speak English and the above is their official website.

I hope this helps you, let me know if you need more. May I ask you if you dropped your Gmax tree object library project? I was very anxious to put my paws on it! :wink-new:

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Blood_Hawk23
April 9th, 2015, 09:52
Thank You very much. I tried using Google Chrome to translate the page and it worked. But I'd rather have someone who knows the language. I'm a bit nervous about ordering something outside of the States. Not sure how that will all work. I've never done it.

I don't know if there is an English translation or not. It wasn't mentioned in the post. Its more of the technical info that I'm looking for. Although I'd hate to miss out on the story behind it.

I haven't done much to the trees. I've been gathering images. I have all that you sent me. I've found some that could be used but I can't ID the tree. So I need images that can be Identified. Then they have to be atleast 1024x1024 or somewhere near that. On top of that the trees need to be isolated as much as possible. I've done the easiest ones first. Now I'm at a wall with a few of them. Its so time consuming. I haven't forgotten them.

I've been trying to learn as much as I can about Gmax. Thats why I keep bouncing from project to project.

Did I send the ones that I finised? If not I get a batch for you to look at. I think I have 9 or 10 of them ready.

Blood_Hawk23
April 9th, 2015, 10:14
Ok the book is on page 24-25 in the catalog. It has two prices listed. 10 euros and 20 euros. I can't use google to translate this time.

Prezzo intero: 20 - Full price 20 euros
Prezzo Ridotto: 10 - Reduced Price 10 euros

So which is what? I believe I'm missing something here.

Fibber
April 9th, 2015, 12:19
...........the 10 euro one has a cover and pages. The 20 euro one has the same thing with writing in it!!!!:biggrin-new:

kelticheart
April 10th, 2015, 00:52
Ok the book is on page 24-25 in the catalog. It has two prices listed. 10 euros and 20 euros. I can't use google to translate this time.

Prezzo intero: 20 - Full price 20 euros
Prezzo Ridotto: 10 - Reduced Price 10 euros

So which is what? I believe I'm missing something here.

Hi John,

after sweeping through a rather poorly organised website, I finally found out the meaning of full and reduced prices. Reduced prices are reserved to public libraries, cultural organisations, schools and servicemen, both still serving or retired.
The information was not listed in the catalogue page but in the Italian Air Force portal, under the 'Publication Catalogue' link.

In other words, common mortals like you and yours truly pay the full price.

Here come the sorry news. They do not use online payment services like PayPal and such, only T/T transfers or payment through a Post Office account, which I guess can only be made here.

I could not find overseas shipping charges, or even if such service can be provided.
By the same token, I could ask for shipping charges and eventually buy it for you, if you wish, but I think the price would raise considerably. Consider also before it gets shipped to me and I can take it to an international courier to have it delivered to you, the risk of having it lost thorough the various shipping passages is rather high.

Besides, it's only written in Italian, no translated copies are available. Is it really worth it to you? If it is, I'll start getting info for you.

As to the trees, no you did not send me anything yet, I would love to see what you have accomplished so far.

Cheers!
KH :ernaehrung004:

Blood_Hawk23
April 10th, 2015, 01:40
Thank you for find that out. I did send an email asking about all of that. so I guess I'll have to wait and see what they say. I wouldn't ask you to buy something for me. Like you said who knows if I'd ever get it. How much is 20 euros anyways? Not sure what the rate is right now.

I'll get the trees together over the next few days. Then I'll send you what I have so far. They look ok but may need some work. They look a little brite.

Thank you again.

'til Later,
John

kelticheart
April 10th, 2015, 02:07
How much is 20 euros anyways? Not sure what the rate is right now....

According to: http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from=EUR&to=USD&amount=20

its $ 21.2326

You are lucky the US dollar is so strong these days, only few months ago the total would have been around 26 bucks!

BTW: buying it for you would have not been a problem. International courier (DHL) overseas fees are expensive and I would have not trusted the Italian Post Office to do it. Two months ago I sent 2 CDs to Manuele Villa in Greece via Post Office and the small pack took a month and a half to get there!
The longer the transit time, the easier to loose it.

:wavey: KH