PDA

View Full Version : New artwork from Ian Warren

dharris
April 6th, 2015, 17:31
Wanted to share Ian Warren's latest artwork with you. Another great piece of work Ian,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21649&stc=1

Anthin
April 6th, 2015, 19:10
Very nice indeed.Having been an Artist nearly all my life
i appreciate seeing other Artists works.

Anthin.

Ian Warren
April 7th, 2015, 14:16
Thanks for posting that Don, one area I love is action paintings, returned back to my schoolboy days doodling rather that learning.

Thanks Anthin , a painting I did for Don, VQ-1 Salute as the Constellation returns home after a sortie it over fly's the destroyer DDG12 USS Robison .

http://aviation-art-in-action.com/

PSULLYKEYS
April 8th, 2015, 11:00
Wow! Excellent work!

Ian Warren
April 8th, 2015, 13:00
Wow! Excellent work!
Thank you, I current working on another, US Navy s Lockheed Constellation VX-6 Pegasus flying out off Christchurch in 1969, one aircraft that stuck in my memory from when I was a kid, I didn't understand why it disappeared in 1970 until many years later, it crashed in Antarctic in October due to bad weather.

dharris
April 8th, 2015, 13:29
Pegasus was originally part of AEWBARRONPAC, she was sent to VX-6 to fill a need.

Ian Warren
April 8th, 2015, 14:00
Pegasus was originally part of AEWBARRONPAC, she was sent to VX-6 to fill a need.

We only saw during the US Navy s "Operation Deep Freeze" that starts every September to March ever since 1957, today the Navy has now been replaced buy the USAF and New York National Guard, while I was going this painting for Don, I had a visit from two USAF aircrew to my art studio/man-cave, the one painting that caught there eye was "Connie" and the Globemasters over Wigram.

Christchurch has a rich history with the US Navy and USAF, I still recall the 'Globbies', the ole C124 and course on retirement a LC-47 one of two left in the world was donated to the City of Christchurch and is in the Ferrymead Museum.

dharris
April 8th, 2015, 16:21
I remember on one trip to Christchurch int the sixties, we took an R7V on an "engine test hop" took liberty there, and we decided to hitch hike into town for a little "social" drinking. We got picked up almost immediately, when we told the chap where we came from and what we wanted to do, he drove us to town and a tavern, and we drank most of the night, and did not buy one drink, and got a ride back to the hanger in plenty of time for our hop back to Barbers Point. Nice folks, glad we are on the same side...

Ian Warren
April 8th, 2015, 16:49
:wavey:Think I was a little young to go out on the town :very_drunk: but my father was a bus driver for the Christchurch Transport Board as it was known back then and there was many times I went out to the airport with him to the US navy base and billets, I do recall going into the bar they had on base many times with him , only soft drink back then , I did return to the bar around 1982/86 period many times , today its all gone and many are billeted in the close surrounds boarding in people homes for the season, good friend in the suburb of Bishopdale always took in one each season and had a chance for a good chin wag, he sold up 12 years back.